Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

@willenette : well busy with real life :D
for me it's good for him to take some rest. So when he come out again he will give us something new, perhaps he want to do some travel like he always said ^^

btw, I dunno if this ever be post :
Rain is mention on MNet America - Danny From LA

[YTN News]12-12-13 Director Lana Wachowski Talk about Rain

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

source : http://www.ytn.co.kr/_pn/0109_201212131646496263 //ratoka@ YT

Dailymotion Link

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvvv1h_12-12-13-director-lana-wachowski-talk-about-rain_shortfilms

=====================================

[12-14] [Korea Times]Wachowskis wish to make film in Seoul

[13-Dec-12][Korea Times]Wachowskis wish to make film in Seoul

12-14-21-02(0).jpg

Andy Wachowski, left, and Lana Wachowski speak during the press conference held Thursday in Seoul. The directors, known for “The Matrix” series, came to Korea for the first time to promote their new film “Cloud Atlas.”                                                                          / Yonhap

By Rachel Lee

For world-famous movie-making team the Wachowskis, shooting their recent science fiction film was like a game.

Andy Wachowski and Lana Wachowski known for their worldwide hit trilogy “The Matrix” came to Korea Thursday for the first time with German director Tom Tykwer and English actor Jim Sturgess to promote their new film “Cloud Atlas.” Korean actress Bae Doo-na, who stars in the film as one of the six main characters, also attended Thursday the press conference with them.

“We were actually going to cancel the press conference so that we can get out and see this beautiful city,” said Andy jokingly during the press conference held Thursday in Seoul.

Their new drama and science fiction film, written and directed in collaboration with Tykwer, was adapted from the 2004 novel “Cloud Atlas” by David Mitche-ll. World-famous movie stars appear in the film including Hugh Grant, Tom Hanks, Ha-lle Berry and Ben Whishaw.

The film explores how the actions of individuals affect others throughout the past, present and future. Action, mystery and romance weave dramatically through the story as one soul is transformed from a killer into a hero and a single act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution in the distant future. Each member of the ensemble appears in multiple roles as the stories move through time.

“It was quite easy (for me to make the film), because the book was wonderfully constructed. We had a lot of fun finding all the connections. It was a process that continued all the way through the creation of the film, even in editing. Even after watching the film, we still found a connection we hadn’t made. It was like a game,” said Andy.

During the conference, Lana, who described her wife as a big fan of Korean food, said she first got to know Bae when she watched “Take Care of My Cat” (2001).

“I kept watching her films (after I watched ‘Take Care of My Cat.’ I watched almost all her movies,” Lana said.

The director spoke highly of the Korean actress Bae for her superb portrayal of the role Sonmi-451, a genetically-engineered clone. The director said that Bae is capable of expressing “pure emotional vulnerability” and underneath this there is “toughness and strength that lead to a revolution” an effect similar to that caused by Sonmi-451 in the film.

Lana also expressed a positive view about the Korean film industry, actors and actresses. She also shared the desire to make a film in Seoul.

“We think the Korean film industry is very exciting. There are many great films being made out of here,” Lana said. “We want to make a movie in Seoul so if you have a good book or good ideas, send them to us,” said Lana. She previously worked with Korean singer Rain for “Ninja Assassin” (2009) and said working with him was like a “dream.” She described him a “physical genius like Mozart,” adding that when he asks him to perform something, he does it instantly.

Andy Wachowski, 44, teamed up with his older sibling Lana Wachowski, 47, and began working on films. Their first script was optioned, and formed the basis for the film “Assassins” (1995). The Wachowski's went on to make their directorial debut with the self-written “Bound” (1996), which was well received. They followed this with the smash-hit “The Matrix” (1999) and went on to produce two successful sequels, “The Matrix Reloaded” (2003) and “The Matrix Revolutions” (2003).

Other projects include scripting and producing the cult hit “V for Vendetta” (2005), a live action version of a Japanese anime series, “Speed Racer” (2008) and the ambitious epic “Cloud Atlas” (2012).

“Cloud Atlas” will be released on Jan. 10, 2013 in theaters nationwide. Rated 18 and over. Runs for 172 minutes. Distributed by NEW.

rachel@koreatimes.co.kr,

source : http://www.koreatimes.co.kr

[12-15] 121211 KBS_YeoYuManMan_Lee Joon's Mom mentions Rain

Credit: mblaqplus1015//scorpiola@ RAINLEGEND

(Rain part 02:53~ )

-------------------------------------------------------------

[12-15] 121214 [Cloud Notice]2012 Christmas Event

http://www.rain-cloud.co.kr/boar ... itle&searchStr=

-----------------------------------------
≮ 2012 Christmas Event ≮

We're in a rush, so I think we can't spend a lot of time working on producing goods or getting ready with a variety of things.

[suggestion one] How about joining Miss hina in sending Rain a Christmas card which is running through World CLOUD section of this website ?

[suggestion two] Could you recommend good items that Rain can use very usefully in the army? (You can surf the Internet for this)

[suggestion three] How about providing snacks to him during the radio broadcast (龙林夯瓷 : The Desire To Speed) scheduled for December 22 and 23, instead of organizing Christmas event?

[suggestion four] If the suggestions above don't go down very well with you, you can put forward a new idea.

All expenses are to be covered by the membership fees, and I hope many of domestic and international members to give your opinions on this issue. After a decision is made, another decision on who will wrap and delivery those presents is expected. I'd appreciate your input even on this matter.

Exactly, that’s a week away~~ Fighting!!!

credit:scorpiolala @ RAINLEGEND

‘Knee-Drop Guru’ gets Wachowskis

Dec 15,2012

14224645.jpg

The Wachowskis, the directors behind the much-anticipated Hollywood movie “Cloud Atlas,” will appear on MBC’s popular talk show “Knee-Drop Guru.”

According to show representatives, the siblings recruited a translator to take part in taping yesterday.

Hosted by comedian Kang Ho-dong, the show is famous for featuring entertainers who come with their “concerns” and Kang takes the role of an advice guru.

Lana and Andrew are here to promote their sci-fi film, which opens in Korea on Jan.10.

They touched down on Wednesday and have been meeting with the press to promote the film that boasts an ensemble cast of Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugh Grant and Korea’s own Bae Doo-na.

They previously directed “The Matrix” series as well as the 2009 action film “Ninja Assasin,” which starred Hallyu singer Rain.

In their personal lives too they made headlines when Lana, born as a male named Laurence opted for gender reassignment and became one of Hollywood’s most notable transgender individuals.

By Carla Sunwoo @ koreajoongangdaily.

anjjo said: ‘Knee-Drop Guru’ gets Wachowskis

Dec 15,2012

The Wachowskis, the directors behind the much-anticipated Hollywood movie “Cloud Atlas,” will appear on MBC’s popular talk show “Knee-Drop Guru.”

According to show representatives, the siblings recruited a translator to take part in taping yesterday.

Hosted by comedian Kang Ho-dong, the show is famous for featuring entertainers who come with their “concerns” and Kang takes the role of an advice guru.

Lana and Andrew are here to promote their sci-fi film, which opens in Korea on Jan.10.

They touched down on Wednesday and have been meeting with the press to promote the film that boasts an ensemble cast of Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugh Grant and Korea’s own Bae Doo-na.

They previously directed “The Matrix” series as well as the 2009 action film “Ninja Assasin,” which starred Hallyu singer Rain.

In their personal lives too they made headlines when Lana, born as a male named Laurence opted for gender reassignment and became one of Hollywood’s most notable transgender individuals.

By Carla Sunwoo @ koreajoongangdaily.

12-12-14 [Cloud Notice]Greetings from rain-cloud

Posted by memo-rain on December 15, 2012

Hello, everyone^^*

My name is ‘Kang Sang Yeon', a fellow Cloud Fan Club member who has recently been elected to 8th term Cloud executive board. I was elected on December 13, 2012 to fill a vacancy in the current executive board, and I am writing today to introduce myself in my new official position and to express my gratitude to all of our Cloud members for your support.

First of all, I am deeply thankful for all our Cloud members for your constant affection toward Rain, your deep interest in our community, and your active participation despite the various difficult circumstances we have been confronting.

In addition, I would also like to express my deep gratitude to the members of the Election Management Committee who volunteered their time and worked diligently to ensure that the voting process was completed properly : your work is much appreciated by our Cloud community, especially in light of the unprecedented hardships we have recently experienced.

Up to now, I have been more actively engaged in on-line work than in other off-line activities, and my personal guiding principle as a member of our fan community has been to work quietly as a supporter in the background rather than asserting myself in the foreground.

However, now that I have taken on the public responsibility of this important position and will have to take a more visible leadership role, I confess that I am rather concerned about whether I have made the right decision, and I am worried that my abilities may prove to be inadequate and that I may end up being a burden to our club community.

Despite these anxieties, however, and despite the fact that I can’t claim to have any outstanding abilities or experience, I made the decision to become a part of the executive board because of my regret that our official fan club, which should serve as the central axis and as a framework for the fans of Rain, has become stagnant in its functions, as I’m sure all of our Cloud members have noticed and felt keenly in the past few months.

I found it very regretful and even heartbreaking that Rain’s various fan sites and numerous fans seem to have lost their way and grown directionless. I felt too ashamed about this situation not to take initiative to remedy this situation for the sake of our fellow Cloud members overseas and for the sake of our beloved Rain.

So, now that I have assumed the role of a representative for our Cloud members despite my modest abilities, I would also like to take this opportunity to urge you all to take increased interest and take part in efforts for our valuable community.

I hope that many of our Cloud members, including the members of the Election Management Team who have worked hard throughout this election, will continue to engage closely with each issue and work in partnership during my term. I have dared to take on this leadership role because I trust that your support and collaboration will help me overcome my shortcomings.

If I should make mistakes in the process, I hope you will not be too impatient with my lack of experience and help me with your constructive feedback. I promise that I will communicate actively with you and all our Cloud members here on our official homepage to address all your concerns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I have been elected to fill a vacancy left by the resignation of one of the members of the 8th executive board, my term in office will last around 7~8 months, up to the time of the election of the new 9th executive board. Since I have been given this limited term, which is not a very long time, I would like to directly follow up my greetings with a discussion of the tasks that I will need to accomplish with the cooperation with you, our Cloud members.

Since there are currently no executive members that I can collaborate with, I did the best I could on my own to identify the issues on our agenda and I summarized them into the following key three points.

1. Settlement of accounts for membership dues, reflecting the activities of the 8th term , and efforts to prepare for the transition and hand over of work to the next term.
2. Various preparations to facilitate the organization of the 9th term club members and the election of the new executive board.
3. Organization of key events including Christmas (December), the 11th Anniversary of Rain’s Debut (April), Birthday (June), Rain’s discharge from the military (July), and if possible, a meeting between Rain and the members of the 8th term fan club after Rain’s military discharge, etc.

Regarding number 2 on the agenda above, it should be noted that currently there is an urgent need to re-energize the fan community overall and therefore the circumstances within Korea and abroad are significantly different compared to conditions during previous terms. For these reasons, I propose that we should conduct an overall review of the organization and operational procedures of our Cloud club and re-organize our approach to the issues with a more long-term perspective.

The 9th term members will be active during the period when Rain will resume his activities after military discharge, and therefore the 9th term will mark the beginning of the second act for Rain.

To ensure that the new executives of the 9th term will be able to devote themselves to revitalizing Rain’s supporters and fan base and able to engage in a wider variety of activities immediately upon entering office, I hope to actively discuss with our Cloud members issues regarding the organization and operational methods of our community during the remaining period of the 8th term.

Since consensus regarding these issues cannot be achieved quickly, I think it is critically important to take sufficient time to pool our insights over the long-term.

The most urgent task facing us right now is item number one on the agenda above. I think we should begin with contacting Rainy Entertainment and place priority on resolving the remaining problems and wrapping up issues that need to be dealt with in the 8th term. To undertake these tasks, I would like to request the help of a few supporters to participate in the account settlement of membership dues and to prepare for the transition and hand over to the next term to ensure transparency in the process, and to call for volunteers to help prepare for our Christmas events.

Even the assistance of a few members as supporters will allow me to immediately organize task force teams. I will then continually report updates about the situation on the bulletin board and clarify our direction for the next stage as we proceed.

In the process, I will do my best to collect and organize the input of opinions from our Cloud members, and though I cannot be 100% confident of my own success, I promise to work to the best of my ability to address your frustrations and answer any questions and clear up any doubts you may have.

While proceeding to wrap up the work of Cloud’s 8th term and prepare for the election of the new executive members for the 9th term, I will place the highest priority on incorporating the suggestions and opinions of all of our Cloud members regarding all issues on our agenda and their implementation.

I think it’s essential that all projects should be initiated, processed and carried to completion by means of discussions here on our shared homepage. I urge you to participate by leaving posts or comments here expressing your suggestions or counter-arguments and to share any proposals or even small matters of feedback regarding various issues.

Lastly, I thank you in advance for your warm support, continued interest and active cooperation. Your participation is essential for our community to continue our proud work as the official fan club of Rain.

Thank you.

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=23&mstpSeq=&b...

========================================

12-12-14 [Cloud Notice]report the 1st telephone conversation between Rainy Entertainment and me.

Posted by memo-rain on December 15, 2012

As a representative who got a certificate from the Cloud membership members on December 13th, I first called the Rainy Entertainment side to let you know about the issues of membership dues and of the transition and hand over of work to the next term.

The content of the conversation.

1. According to Rainy Entertainment, the balance on Cloud membership bank account is about 150 million won. (the exact amount is posted in 김선영's last article on the statement of account.)

김 선영 remitted 100 million won to the Rainy Entertainment side on December 13th, and the rest of the money hasn't yet been remitted because of the daily limit on remittance, but she promised that she would send the rest to the side's account before the end of the day.

2. Other Cloud goods have already been delivered to Rainy Entertainment.

3. 김선영 has been urged to report on the statement of accounts again until this weekend by the Rainy Entertainment side, but the side receives no reply.

4. The Rainy Entertainment side has all the receipts for the group viewing of the R2B.
-The Rainy Entertainment side got all the receipts for the production of goods and the transaction receipts from the manufacturer directly.
-The side got a file showing expenses related to supporters activities as a jpg file, (documents on the statement of accounts on the official homepage) but the side has not yet received yet the original receipts and bankbook.
-The deposit of about 209.600 won, the amount left over from the money raised for the R2B supporters, has not yet been posted on the bank account.

5. As soon as supporters team for the change-over is formed, we are to meet the Rainy Entertainment side and discuss the settled statement of Cloud Membership fee and of the group viewing of the R2B cost, and the side has promised that it will cooperate actively on demand.

Personally, I tried calling 김선영 several times but I couldn't get through.
I'll let you know soon after I make contact with her.

* Matters concerning the change-over.
If there is anything I have left out relating to the settled statement of Cloud Membership fee above, please leave posts or comments here.

Thank you.

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/board/view.asp?mstSeq=23&mstpSeq=&b...

[12-15] 12-12-15 Friends FM - 질주본능_Rain DJ

12-12-15 Friends FM - 질주본능_Rain DJ

Credit : ratoka

English translation
by 화니   2012.12.15 @rain-cloud.co.kr

~06:00
[Rain] : Rain&KCM's "The Desire To Speed"!

[Rain] : The melting snow has made the road very slippery and dirty.
The snow in the shade that has not melted yet, seems to be a heap of emotional baggage in people's mind. Please try to banish all troubles from your mind, and stop thinking and lose all your emotional baggage and try to purge your mind of anxiety while listening to the show again today.

[Rain] : KCM has caught a cold and lost his voice, so 'Lee Ji Hoon' is hosting this show on behalf of him.
[Lee Ji Hoon] : It's great honour to be invited here today, but I'm really tense because this is my first as a DJ.
[Rain] : Please don't worry. I'll help you.
I think this show is far more interesting and informative than any radio broadcasting. Please stay tuned for this show. I feel great today.

-------------------------------------------------------

[Rain] : You can send your stories and song request to us through SMS #0967 or its Twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/speeding967) or its message board
(http://www.dema.mil.kr/web/home/speeding?skin_type=S&menu_seq=2086&mod_id=board_2093&pseq=0) or (http://www.dema.mil.kr/web/home/speeding?skin_type=S&menu_seq=2141&mod_id=board_2098&pseq=0)

[KCM] : Particularly, foreign fans can send their stories and song request to us by email : speedingradio@hanmail.net

--------------------------------------------------

06:05~25:39
-Quiz Pang Pang-

[Rain] : Are you good at answering a quiz well?
[Lee Ji Hoon] : Yes, I'm. I have a mania for answering a quiz.
[Rain] : I dislike using my head, but I'm good at working physically. (laughs)
[Lee Ji Hoon] : But you are extremely knowledgeable and smart.
[Rain]: You're right! (laughs)

[Lee Ji Hoon] : If you give a correct answer to my question or if you give a funny answer despite a wrong answer, you will get a present as a prize.

*Quiz 1
(Rain and ‘Lee Ji Hoon' read the words to a song.)
[Rain] : What is the name of the song?
[Lee Ji Hoon] : Please send a chargeable text message to this number #0967 if you know the answer or if you want to send your wrong and funny answer to us.

[Rain] : The answer is 'Hyun Bin's 'The Man', and this song is the theme from drama 'The Secret Garden'. It is also one of KCM's favorite songs.

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener 'Only One' - 'Baek Ji Young's 'The Man'.
Listener '#5265' - 'Baek Ji Young's 'The Man'.
Listener '#11333 - 'Love Bursting Like A Bubble'
[Rain] : Listener '#9651' - 'Hyun Bin's 'The Man Who Foams At The Mouth When Kissing'
Listener '#5535' - 'Hyun Bin's 'The Man Who Has Left The Army'
Listener '#9891' - 'Baek Ji Young's 'The Hyun Bin'.
[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener '#5573' - 'Hyun Bin's 'How Much Are You Asking?'

[Rain] : The winner out of those who have got the wrong answers, is '#9651'. Congratulations!

[Rain] : Listener '#7553', '#0860', '#4681', '#0625', etc. - 'Hyun Bin's 'The Man'
The winner out of those who have got the right answers, is '#0625'. Congratulations!

*Quiz 2.

(A song is playing on the radio)
[Rain] : What is the name of the song?

[Rain] : The answer is 'Jungyeop's 'Nothing Better'.

[Rain] : Listener '#0036' - 'Jungyeop's 'Wow Wow' (laughs)
Listener '#3589' - Naeol's 'Fickle Man'
Listener '#5191' - 'Jungyeop's 'Scythe'.
Listener '#8686' - 'Jungyeop's 'You're My Lady'.
Listener '#5023' - 'Cheonyeop's 'You're My Lady'. (laughs)
Listener '#1719' - 'Taeyeop's 'Belt'.
Listener 'Bulging Head Eyebrow' - 'Cheonyeop's 'Nothing Better'
Listener '#3021' - 'Jungyeop's 'Millstoen'.

[Rain] : The winner out of those who have got the wrong answers, is '#3021'. Congratulations!

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener '#4686', '#3474', '#7554', '#Jin Eun Ju', etc. - 'Jungyeop's 'Nothing Better'.
The winner out of those who have got the right answers, is ''#7554'.
Congratulations!

*Quiz 3

(Big Bang's 'From Day To Day' is playing)
[Rain] : I want you to guess what the lyrics are when a bell rings.

[Rain] : The answer is 'Memory'.

[Rain] : Listener '#1876' - 'Bag'
[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener '#4845' -'Cheap Goods'.
[Rain] : Listener '#5114' - Corporal 'Jung Ji Hoon's 'Back Pain'.
[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener '#8686 - 'A Certified Copy Of Your Discharge'
Listener '#8686 - '#5161' - 'A Brand-Name Bag'

[Rain] : Listener 'Bulging Head Eyebrow', "Seaweed"
Seaweed soup probably tastes better with three spoons of oyster sauce.

[Rain] : Listener '#7244', "'The answer is 'Recollection'. The recollection of your military service will be stuck in your mind."
I'm enjoying serving in the army till I feel burnt out. (laughs)

[Rain] : The winner out of those who have got the wrong answers, is '#8686'. Congratulations!

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener '#6707, '#9486', 'Ha Ji Min Love R', '#4686', ‘#6367’, ‘Missing Rain', '#4550', etc. - Memory.

[Rain] : The winner out of those who have got the right answers, is '#4550'. Congratulations!
As I promised last time, I'll hold you tight with my military uniform on recalling your names when I leave the army if you send your stories and song request frequently. (laughs)

[Lee Ji Hoon] : I remember the names of those who have delivered foods to Rain.
[Rain] : We were able to share the foods with each other or support orphanages by sending the foods, thanks to my fans. I am so proud of you. My darling! (laughs)

---------------------------------------------------

26:30~31:03
[Rain]: Listener '#1606', "I really miss private 'Son Ju Young' who serves in the military unit in charge of the central combat zone's front lines, and who will leave the army on December 19 next year. Way to go!"
I think the weather at the region is still pretty harsh.
I was chilled to the bones as my hot pack was freezing while being on sentry duty in Yeonchoen, and the winter in Yeonchoen is very severe, the thermometer frequently falling to 22° below zero.

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener '#4881', "How nice to hear your voices!"
[Rain] : Thank you.

[Rain] : Listener '#0705', "Both of 'Lee Ji Hoon' and 'Jung Ji Hoon' have been my role models since my primary school days and high-school years, respectively."
Maybe '#0705' has DJ and soldier 'Lee Ji Hoon' confused with singer and actor 'Lee Ji Hoon'. (laughs)
[Lee Ji Hoon] : When I'm active as a singer, I use my stage name 'Kyun Woo', instead of my real name, and actually I'm a low-profile singer.
[Rain] : You don't have to hide your light under a bushel.

[Rain] : Listener 'Pang Pang', "I saw several pedestrians coming to grief on the icy pavement. Please walk carefully not to fall, and take care of your health above all things."
[Lee Ji Hoon] : Yesterday private 'Lee Jun Hyuk' slipped on the frozen path and fell on his back.
[Rain] ; Every soldier, please be careful of the icy roads.

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener '#5535', "I'm going to a buffet restaurant with my friend.
As Rain has said before, I'll carefully choose the foods and eat them, drinking a little of the water."
First, eat expensive foods such as sashimi, sushi, etc., and then eat meat, all kinds of expensive vegetables, etc. Don't eat rice because it can easily leave you feeling satisfied. (laughs)

[Rain] : Listener '#9106', "I'm just glad that the exams are over at last!"

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener '#1805', "I tried to eat an instant noodle this morning and as a consequence was late for work."
[Rain] : Please try to add a sprinkling of cheese to make it taste better, but cheese is fattening. (laughs)

----------------------------------------------------

31:06~39:05
-The Desire to Post Comments With 'Lee Jin Ho' and 'Lee Ji Hoon'-

[Lee Jin Ho] : Listener 'A', "When I was introduced to a man by my friend, the friend revealed details about my private life on the spot when drinking. After that, he chuck over and never called me."

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener 'B', "I talked behind my boss's back, but one of my fellow workers told him on me and put me in a very embarrassing situation when she drank."

[Rain] : Today's comment subject is about "The people who cannot keep a secret, so their manners do tend to put people off." Please post many of your funny writings on its bulletin board or by its Twitter or email - speedingradio@hanmail.net

[Rain] : I think we're better off without KCM (laughs), but his mother and 6~8 girl friends may be listening. (laughs). Please take it as a joke. I didn't mean it. (laughs)
Do you have any interesting stories relating to the subject?

[Lee Ji Hoon] : I have 3 close friends, but one of them often talks about my private life roughly, which makes me feel so embarrassed.

[Rain] : I heard from 'Lee Jin Ho' that his fellow gagman 'Se Chan' rent an old motorbike and rode it to surprisingly appear at a birthday party for a gagman, which made people laugh. (laughs) I burst out laughing hearing it. (laughs)

[Rain] : One day I ripped off the wrapping paper, eager to see the present and crumpled the wrapping paper and threw it into the wastebasket, but I found out later that 'Lee Jin Ho' wrapped up old clothes to give his fellow gagman them as gifts. using the wrapping paper that was put into the wastebasket. (laughs)
'Lee Jin Ho' has a remarkable talent at raising a laugh. (laughs)
I admire gagmen's passionate belief in what they are doing, so I'd really like to make people laugh, too.
Unlike how I was, recently I was unaware of the time as I was engrossed in trying making soldiers laugh at morale-boosting concerts. (laughs)
[Lee Jin Ho] : I thought Rain managed those events without singing. (laughs)

[Rain] : Before getting down to cases, let me play a pop song.
MBLAQ's 'Chun Dung' participated in singer IU's 'Christmas In Advance' as a rapper. How can he do so without permission! (laughs)

-----------------------------------------

39:20~44:15
[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener 'Knife Fight' (laughs), "My 6 year-old daughter often puts me in a very embarrassing situation, telling on her family to her teacher at her pre-school."

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener 'Kang Chang Yeon', "I was supposed to be introduced to a woman by my senior, but I saw him (the senior) highlighting my weak points more in a telephone conversation with her. I was too confused for his disclosure."
[Rain] : If a fact isn't a clear violation of the law, I think it can be disclosed. (laughs)
[Lee Jin Ho] : After KCM passed the time talking behind his seniors' back, I sneaked on him to them. (laughs) KCM didn't expect me to do so. (laughs)

[Rain] : Listener 'Park Eun Mi', "I told a fellow worker under a promise of secrecy
, but I cannot rely on her secrecy."

--------------------------------------------------------------

44:39~50:13
(After pop group 'Cool's song)

[Rain] : Coed group 'Cool's music stirs memories of a simpler time.
Female member 'Euri' from the group is one of my favorite singers, and the group was enjoying the height level of popularity at that time, so they were heroes of mine.

[Rain] : Listener '#0232', "My friend was waiting for me for 2 hours, stamping her feet in front of the lecture room where I took an exam. I found out later it wasn't urgent at all."
[Lee Jin Ho] : Look at Rain acting realistically while reading the story! (laughs)
I think it's time for him (Rain) to get ready to be a comeback hit after his discharge from the army. (laughs)

[Lee Jin Ho] : Listener 'Lee Eun Shik', "I get stressed by my wife who enjoys sneaking on me to her parents."
[Rain] : 'Lee Jin Ho' always gives me a good impression, so whatever he is saying, it seems to sound good.

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener 'Mikaco', "My mom cannot keep a secret, so she always tells her sister on me and I'm very embarrassed."
[Rain] : I think 'Lee Ji Hoon' needs to practice reading harder.
[Lee Ji Hoon] : I'll try harder from now on.

[Rain] : Listener '#1719', "I'm a 22 year-old member of society, but my parents are too strict with me, so I have to hurry because I have a 8:00pm curfew. That's pretty harsh."
Conservatism seems to be carried too far. However, the world's a rough room, so her parents need to be more strict with her and that's why she should have a 6:00pm curfew, I think. (laughs)

50:23~
(After 'Super Junior's Happiness)

[Rain] : 'Super Junior' did a cover of H.O.T.'s Happiness.
Time goes by so quickly.
[Lee Jin Ho] : I think we're unaware of the passing time because KCM isn't here. (laughs)
[Rain] : KCM's being a DJ doesn't seem right to him. (laughs)
Maybe his mother is listening. Mother, I love you. Happy New Year! (laughs)

[Lee Jin Ho] : Listener '#4921', "I have a new boyfriend, but my close friend embarrassed me, telling him about me in spite of herself."

[Lee Ji Hoon] : Listener 'Lee Yun Hee', "I was singing a torch song for my senior's boyfriend, but my trusted friend told on me to the senior, stabbing me in the back. The senior slapped on my face in a fit of pique to hear the news.
I can't hold my head up because I am so embarrassed."

[Rain] : Listener 'Ha Ji Min', "My mother and I go to a health club. One day she embarrassed me, simply releasing my weight (60kg) in front of people there.
I was about to cry."
Actually I prefer a woman who has gained some weight rather than a woman who is trim and slender in figure.
[Lee Jin Ho] : But actually you (Rain) had dated with slim women, right? (laughs)
[Rain] : Yeah....You're right. (laughs) Sorry. (laughs)

[Rain] : It's the time to say good-bye. Thank you for coming in today, despite your hectic schedule. 'Lee Jin Ho' will be promoted to sergeant soon.
[Lee Jin Ho] : I'll gain advancement in about 110 days.
New PR soldiers just started their duties just about 100 days ago. (laughs)
[Rain] : They don't measure up to 'Lee Jin Ho' and me at all. (laughs)
[Lee Ji Hoon] : I envy you.
[Rain] : You don't have to envy me. There will be brighter days ahead. (laughs)

[Rain] : Lastly, could you leave a word to our listeners?
[Lee Jin Ho] : (Stammering) I hope you all have enjoyed a fruitful year, and Happy New Year! (laughs)

[Rain] : You've done a good job today. Nice work, 'Lee Ji Hoon'.
[Lee Ji Hoon] : It's kind of you to say that. I should really learn a lot from you.
[Rain] : Thanks. That's nice to hear, but it'll take many thousands of years to outdo me in everything. (laughs) I'm just kidding (laughs)
Thank you for your hard work.
Small gifts will be provided for #9651, '#0625', '#3021', '#7554', '#8686', '#4550', 'Ha Ji Min', and '#0232'. Congratulations!
Please leave your phone numbers and names in private in its bulletin board.

[Rain]: This has been 'Jung Ji Hoon'. Have a nice weekend!
[Lee Ji Hoon] : This has been 'Lee Ji Hoon'. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

62c5c5dc3b5422a76c46dd5f3c8d9750.jpg

[HanCinema's Film Review] "R2B: Return to Base": Come Rain, Come Shine?

2012/12/15

photo268322.jpeg

Film: "R2B: Return to Base" (R2B: 리턴투베이스)  

Director: Kim Dong-weon

Stars: Rain, Sin Se-kyeong, Yoo Joon-sang, Kim Sung-soo, Lee Ha-na & Lee Jong-suk

Review Score: 3 / 5

Also Try: "The Red Scarf", "71-Into the Fire" or "Taegukgi"

Shin Sang-ok's 1964 film "The Red Muffler" was the first film to be released nationally in Japan and, prior to its release there, it was also shown at the Asia-Pacific Film Festival in Taipei. It was this acclaimed classic, this "expertly-filmed motion picture", that inspired Kim Dong-weon's 2012 action drama "R2B: Return to Base". The film was made with $10,000,000 and Time magazine's 2011 'most influential person' and Korean superstar Rain. However, it also had the unfortunate luck of being released alongside Choi Dong-hoon's record breaking "The Thieves", as well as the historical comedy "The Grand Heist" (which itself brought in close to 5 million admissions)-it lasted three weeks before it fell off the radar.

"R2B: Return to Base" is, if anything, a great spectacle. There are incredibly gorgeous jet fighter scenes that seem to mirror the complexity and intensity of the stories told by some of the WWII veterans on the History channel; its star, Rain, is involved in a number of retro-style music montages as well as an angry/passionate topless locker-room brawl; and there is a love story in there somewhere that keeps you from feeling cheated. It's high-speed entertainment that catches the eye and quickens the pulse, but does little for the genre in Korea and even less for Rain's filmography.

posterphoto268316.jpegposterphoto268318.jpegposterphoto268315.jpeg

Rain shares the screen with Sin Se-kyeong ("Hindsight"), Yoo Joon-sang ("The Day He Arrives"), Kim Sung-soo ("Hellcats"), Lee Ha-na ("The Fair Love"), and Lee Jong-suk ("School 2013"). It's an exciting mix of talent that managed to spark up a decent amount of chemistry on screen. There was also some damp dialogue and the film's meandering plot points discourages any prolonged appreciation of the characters' relationships, and what we are left with is some rather flat and uninspiring characterisations. Still, the unfamiliar territory of seeing them exist within the Korean air force managed to hold enough water before the film ran itself dry.

Tae-hoon (Rain) is the hotshot fighter jet pilot whose cocky and arrogant attitude is countered by his passion and sense of justice. There is an unreasonable amount of melodrama early on between the pilots and crew, and the film meanders in this for longer than it should. "R2B: Return to Base" was able to dedicate such a large amount of time to various relationships, in addition to the already engorged tale of Tae-hoon and his mechanic, by hastily introducing the vicious North Koreans as the omnipotent and sinister antagonists. It made targeting the North a little too easy for my liking. It's all very intense and highly concentrated but some scenes will almost win you over single-handedly.

posterphoto268321.jpegposterphoto268317.jpegposterphoto268314.jpegOne scene in particular really captures what the filmmakers were able to create when their budget and resources worked for them. When an enemy jetfighter crosses the armistice line, the 21st Combat Flight Unit is forced to chase it out of Seoul's airspace to avoid any civilian injuries. Many visitors to Korea will be aware of its military drills and it's those same sirens that grip and ground the chase. Citizens are flying and driving from explosions and debris, and one office gets flamboyantly blown away from one of the jet's engines-prepare to be swept away in the madness. While scenes such as this may not be sandwiched between the most convincing or original storytelling you'll see in a Korean film, the sight and sensation of having these jetfighters zoom along the iconic Han River was still spectacular. Action sequences, executed like this one, were gripping and frequent enough to kept the adrenaline levels safely above boredom.

posterphoto268312.jpegposterphoto268313.jpegposterphoto268320.jpeg

"R2B: Return to Base" failed miserably, claiming just 1,201,876 admissions, and it leans too heavily, and at times rather awkwardly, on the likes of Tony Scott's iconic "Top Gun" to challenge the box office heavyweights it was in the ring with at the time of its release. Rain may have indeed suited to role, but without a winning script, his presence was sadly not as influential as one would have hoped. Watch this one for all the high-octane action sequences, the heavy-handed political posturing, and, of course, Rain.

- C.J Wheeler (chriscjw@gmail.com)

* Christopher is a film writer and a graduate arts student at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. He lived and worked in South Korea for four years and there he channelled his passion for film into the Korean cinema scene. Driven by his rampant cinephilic needs and Korea's vibrant cinema, Chris now enjoys watching Korean films and writing about what he thinks of them.

Available on DVD from YESASIA

DVD (First Press Limited Edition) (En Sub)

Source:http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-film-review-r2b-return-to-base-come-rain-come-shine--50827.html

[12-16] 12-12-16 Friends FM - 질주본능_Rain & KCM DJ

12-12-16 Friends FM - 질주본능_Rain & KCM DJ

CREDIT : RATOKA

English translation

by 화니   2012.12.16 @rain-cloud.co.kr

[Rain]&[KCM] : Rain&KCM's "The Desire To Speed"!

[Rain] : If you're feeling tired, we'd like you to stop and take a break.
Please give yourself a little more time while listening to the radio.
We want you to know that you are always boosting our energy.

[Rain] : I've heard that a poll shows that KCM stands as a singer who has a good high register when he sings in the top list.
[KCM] : I prefer being considered one of Korea's most sensitive singers.
[Rain] : I acknowledge you have a remarkable singing skill.

[Rain] : You can send your stories and song request to us through SMS #0967 or its Twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/speeding967) or its message board
(http://www.dema.mil.kr/web/home/speeding?skin_type=S&menu_seq=2086&mod_id=board_2093&pseq=0) or (http://www.dema.mil.kr/web/home/speeding?skin_type=S&menu_seq=2141&mod_id=board_2098&pseq=0)

[KCM] : Particularly, foreign fans can send their stories and song request to us by email : speedingradio@hanmail.net

--------------------------------------------------

04:45~06:30
[Rain] : Listener 'Ahn Woon Hee', "My son upset the game board when he was losing while I was playing the Board game with him. I'm cooking a ramen noodle for him, it should countervail his anger. Anyway, do you know how to cook a delicious ramen noodle?"
[KCM] : I hated losing when I was very young.
[Rain] : My mother always dominated me.
[KCM] : Now let me teach you how to cook a delicious ramen noodle.
Boil small amount of water in the saucepan and add the ramen, and when the ramen is boiling in the saucepan, add small amount of cold water, which will make it taste better.

---------------------------------------------

06:42~15:52
'The Song I'd Like To Share'-

[Rain] : 'It's time to open your mind and listen carefully to music.
This segment seems to be becoming increasingly popular, thanks to you listeners.

[KCM] : 'The Song I'd Like To Share' segment is comprised of three parts :
In the first part of the segment, Rain and KCM's songs will play, in the second part, the songs Rain and KCM would like to share will play, and in the third part, the songs listeners would like to share will play.

Part 1

[KCM] : My 'Be Nice To Her While You Are With Her' is recommended.
[Rain] : My 'How To Avoid The Sun' is recommended.

(KCM's 'Be Nice To Her When You Are With Her' & Rain's 'How To Avoid The Sun')

[Rain] : The song 'Be Nice To Her While You Are With Her' reminds me of this -"You should also be good to your parents while they are here."
[KCM] : 'How To Avoid The Sun' always pleases to the ear.
Your cinematic music video for the song garnered a lot of attention and made a very intense impression.
[Rain] : Production costs for the music video were very low, and it was filmed on location in a underground parking lot in Dogok-dong. (laughs)
[KCM] : I thought it was filmed on location abroad. (laughs)

Part 2

[KCM] : 'The One's 'I Do' is recommended.
[Rain] : 'Seo Taiji and Boys' 'I Know' is recommended.

[KCM] : 'I Know' was very popular when I was a 6th grader at an elementary school. I even imitated the group's dance moves.
[Rain] : Please don't copycat their way of dancing. (laughs)
The One's 'I Do' is also a true classic.

Part3

[Rain] : Listener 'Han Kyung Rim', " 'Kang San Ae's 'You Can Do It' is recommended. It is always encouraging to me."

[KCM] : Listener 'O Young', " 'Jo Yong Pil's The Teashop In The Winter' is recommended. The song is one of my mother's favorite songs.
Recently she slipped on an icy road and got hurt in the face, and even her teeth felt loose. I'm sorry I couldn't help her. Mom, live long and be healthy."

[Rain] : 'Jo Yong Pil' is one of my big seniors.
I've heard he gets rid of stress by singing alone in Karaoke.
I saw his video clip long time ago. In the video, he began singing his hit song 'Longevity' without a microphone during his concert. The scene is branded on my memory.
I think 'Jo Yong Pil', 'Jeon Young Rok', 'Hyun Jin Young', 'Seo Taiji', 'Kim Seong Jae' are maestros of Korea's popular music, in terms of solo singer.
[KCM] : It is you (Rain) that are their successor. (laughs)
[Rain] : It is I who have been this generation's ultimate super star over the past decade. (laughs) Pardon the expression. (laughs)

('Kang San Ae's 'You Can Do It' & 'Jo Yong Pil's The Teashop In The Winter')

-------------------------------------------------

16:09~20:18

[Rain] : Listener 'Muramazwakako', "I'm poor at Korean. Your laughter makes me feel better and I enjoy listening to the show every weekend. December 16th is my birthday. Could you celebrate my birthday?"
[Rain] &[KCM] : Happy birthday!

[KCM] : Listener '#7244', "Corporal 'Jung Ji Hoon', what do you really want to do before the end of the year? I'd like to lose weight before you leave the army.
I'll be there to greet you on the day when you leave the army, and it would just be really nice to look trim. But sometimes I don't want to exercise."
[Rain] : I am also fed up with exercise, but I've lost 4kg by portion control and exercising. I'll also shed 4kg from my frame.
[KCM] : I've lost 1kg, but I'll also shed 7kg from my frame.
[Rain] : A I grow old, it seems to be more difficult losing weight, so I'm trying to combine both exercise and diet in order to lose weight.

[Rain] : Listener 'Izminoda', "I went to my Korean teacher's wedding and saw the Korean-style wedding for the first time. I was very impressive, and they even had a traditional wedding after a Western style one, which was especially interesting."
If I get married, I want to go to a rental resort in Maldives or Thailand to secretly hold a quiet wedding, to which only the immediate family and very close friends are invited. I'll limit the number of people invited to my wedding to a maximum of 100, and have a beautiful wedding and reception at the resort. The next day, we'll see the sights together.
[KCM] : Can you invite me?
[Rain] : The cost have to be borne by you. (laughs)
[KCM] : I want a traditional wedding.
[Rain] : Sorry, but your future bride may not want such a wedding. (laughs)
[KCM] : I think I'm more or less conservative in opinion.
[Rain] : Actually, you look older than your age. (laughs)
[KCM] : Actually, I'm not very good-looking but I'm so cool (laughs)
[Rain] : But there's a lot I can learn from you. (laughs)
You always try to gather up your mind, there's something to learn here.

[Rain] : Listener '#8932', "When I gave banana-flavored bread to a guard in charge of the apartment building I live in, he was very pleased. Actually I was going to give him only two slices of bread, but he seemed to mishear me. He took all slices, but I felt good."
You did a good thing.

-------------------------------------------------

21:04~26:32
[Rain] : Listener 'Zinami', "Recently I've been learning Korean, but it's very difficult and my confidence is being shaken. According to my teacher, listening to the radio is helpful when I study Korean. I’m trying to study harder and take it again, listening to the show. I have an examination next week. Could you boost my morale by saying 'fighting!' ? "
[Rain] &[KCM] : One, two, three. 'Fighting!'

[KCM] : Listener '#0537', "My son serving in the army asked me to buy a
sport video of Kettlebell exercise regime starring Rain. Everyone in our family has had terrible aches all over the body since each started working hard while watching the video after I bought it for him. (laughs) But we'll work harder for our health."
[Rain] If Kettlebell exercise regime is misused, it can cause troubles.
Please make sure it’s put on correctly, and remember moderate exercise is good for your health.

[Rain] : Listener 'Small Eyes R', "I hear the family in your military barrack has grown in size recently."
The number of PR soldiers including recruits who live in our barrack, is 15 in total.
Private 'Lee Teuk' (his real name 'Park Jung Su' ) and private 'Kim Mu Yeol' are on detached duty in another place, but they'll come here next month, and I think 'Lee Teuk' or 'Kim Mu Yeol' or 'Lee Sang Cheol' (alias, 'Sang Chu' or 'Mighty Mouth') will host a radio program.

[KCM] : Listener '#7860', "My little sister has blackheads on her face. When I teased her, she got the start on me by replying, 'Because there are a lot of men who like me.' " (laughs)
[Rain] : I also had zits on my forehead just a few years ago, and I think I'm a natural Macho man. (laughs)
[KCM] : I agree. (laughs)
[Rain] : Sorry. (laughs)

[Rain] : Listener '#5421', "When I was introduced to a woman by my acquaintance, The tag from the tail edge of the blue coat she was wearing, was seen dangling from the coat. She seemed to prepared a new coat for this meeting. I didn't know if it would be better for me to lightly rip off the tag on her coat."
I think you'd rather rip off the tag to be a day to remember.
[KCM] : I don’t think I could do that because she could be upset.
I think I'll speak to her like this, 'You look great in that coat!'
[Rain] : I deem it good to rip off the tag.

----------------------------------------------

26:00~28:05
-Talk About Music With 'Kim Tae Wan'-

[Rain] ; Welcome, 'Kim Tae Wan'. What does your name mean?
[Kim Tae Wan]: The name 'Kim Tae Wan' means 'completer' (wow!!)
[Rain] : Your name is really great. Your talent will be known to the world soon. (laughs) How have you been doing?
[Kim Tae Wan]: Actually, last night I stayed up nearly all night getting ready for some music projects. Recently I've been really busy working on the projects, and I'm also making a song for KCM.
[KCM] : Thank you very much.
[Rain] ; 'Kim Tae Wan' seems so busy. He must live a life in the fast lane. (laughs)
------------------------------------------------------------

28:06~
[Rain] : Who is the star of the day?
[Kim Tae Wan]: It's D'Angelo. His real name is Michael Eugene Archer, and was born on 11 February 1974.
This sensation already had a gob-smacking career record and was breaking a new ground called 'Neo-Soul' in the genre of music. When he made his debut, he was so impressive as it was evident that he was born with a talent for music.
I think it's safe to say that he'll be the next Prince.

(Brown Sugar)

[Rain] : Now I'd really like to give you a demonstration by swaying to the rhythmical and enchanting melodies.
I think my dance skill is as good as I was in my dancing heyday. (laughs)
As a child I was called a dance prodigy. I'm proud of myself I’m sorry to say. (laughs)

[Kim Tae Wan] : D'Angelo started receiving the attention of a wide public when he won a Soul Train award. The trail 'Neo-Soul' blazed by him in the genre of music, gave music makers a refreshing jolt.
By the way, D'Angelo was interested in keeping his body in shape, and there was some pressure to keep his figure. He's become stout as he's grown older.
His 'Untitled' from his album 'Voodoo', contains material of a religion called 'Voodoo' based on incantation culture.

(Untitled)

[Rain] : He really sings very well. I think his singing ability is quite something.
[KCM] : He is competent in expressing his feelings through singing a song.

[Kim Tae Wan] : D'Angelo has lived in seclusion since he began to flesh up.
He fixated a bit too much to keep his figure, but he started using a prohibited drug as he put on weight and failed to withstand the stresses and strains of public life.
Now he is preparing a new album in collaboration with a famous drummer and producer after living through the rough times.

(Feel Like Makin' Love)

[Rain] : That song just does things to me.
[Kim Tae Wan] : I haven't seen Rain grooving to the sounds of the radio and nodding his head to the rhythm in a long time.

[Kim Tae Wan] : I think there's no limit to what D'Angelo can do.
He's tried out almost all kinds of music to find out what makes people feel happy.
Also, he taught himself how to play various musical instruments. If anyone needs proof of his genius as a musician, this is it.
He's been in a slump because of his fat body, but he is getting ready for a big comeback.
[Rain] : He however, is still popular with the music public, and his remarkable singing skill is also as usual.

(I found My Smile Again)

[Rain] : The song is an artistic stunner.
[KCM]; We can have an opportunity to listen to such good music, thanks to 'Kim Tae Wan' who is always thoroughly prepared.
[Kim Tae Wan] : Thank you.
[Rain] : I'm afraid it's time to wrap it up.
[Kim Tae Wan] : Is it that late already?
In conclusion, I should like to say a word.
Despite being a R&B singer, D'Angelo sang the song 'Left And Right' as if he were a rapper, helping cross the borderline between rap and R&B. I think R.Kelly was also strongly influenced by D'Angelo.
[Rain] : Thank you for coming in today.
[Kim Tae Wan] : Thank you.

('Left And Right')

[Rain] : Small gifts will be provided for 'Ahn Woon Hee', 'Han Kyung Rim', 'O Young', and '#5431'. Congratulations!
Please leave your phone numbers and names in private in its bulletin board.
This has been Rain.
[KCM] : This has been KCM. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

94229dde4a25b47d132f910a25384cc3.png

Source:as tagged

class="content-title"“Matrix” Film Series Directors The Wachowskis to Appear on “Knee Drop Guru”

“Matrix” Film Series Directors The Wachowskis to Appear on “Knee Drop Guru”

The world-renowned director siblings, Lana and Andy Wachowski (otherwise known as The Wachowskis), have been confirmed to appear on Kang Ho Dong’s “Knee Drop Guru.” One of the most famous series by The Wachowskis is the “Matrix” film series.

The Wachowskis have recently worked on the film “Cloud Atlas,” in which Bae Doo Na is part of the cast. With the release of “Cloud Atlas” set for January 10, The Wachowskis have visited Korea and will be appearing on “Knee Drop Guru.”

According to sources, The Wachowskis will be the next guests for “Knee Drop Guru” and a translator will be present as well. This is the first time that a translator will be needed on the show.

The Wachowskis have been in Korea since December 12 and have held various press conferences. Attention is being garnered due to Lana Wachowski’s sex change. She was born a male as Larry Wachowski.

The Wachowskis are already famous in Korea for their “Matrix” films as well as Jung Ji Hoon‘s (Rain) “Ninja Assassin.”

Meanwhile, “Cloud Atlas” stars Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugh Grant and others and is a sci-fi film based on a novel by David Mitchell.

credit : soompi news

‘Knee-Drop Guru’ gets Wachowskis

14224645.jpg

By Carla Sunwoo

credit : JoongAngDaily