Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

anjjo said:

[sep-24-2012]Rain'll normally continue to serve in the army after treatment.

He won't be invalided out of the army.

Singer Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) serving in the army, has been hospitalized with a pain in his lower back.

During the phone call with "Dispatch" on the 24th, Rain's agency "Rainy Entertainment" expressed, "Last night, Rain was complaining of pain in his lower back and went into the hospital to undergo tests for the pain. He was absent even for a military audition event held in Gyeryong City's Culture &Art Complex on the very day."

An official from his agency said, "Dancers tend to have backaches problems. Rain has had some back pain since before his enlistment. When he had an ache in his lower back, he used to receive medical treatment from a doctor. But it's not something serious. It's a habitual thing with him."

He added, "Rain is taking medication, taking to physical therapy in a hospital. There are no serious problems with his health. If he rests in the hospital for the time being, he'll recover from his illness. He'll normally finish military duty after treatment."

Meanwhile, Rain had served as a teaching assistant in the 5th Division since his enlistment in October, 2011. He's served as a PR soldier there since he was transferred to Defense Media Agency last March.

Credit to Dispatch http://www.dispatch.co.kr/news/detail.asp?idx=13684&category=2&subcategory=49

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

Korean Singer Rain Lands In Hospital Due To Back Problem

By JONATHAN M. HICAPSeptember 26, 2012

Rain-resized-mb.jpg
Singer Rain (Photos courtesy of www.newsen.com)

MANILA, Philippines - Korean superstar Rain was hospitalized over the weekend due to chronic back pain.

Rain, who is serving in the army, complained about the back pain last Sunday. He failed to show up as a judge in a military audition on Monday due to his condition.

The singer enlisted in the army in October last year to fulfill his duties as a Korean citizen.

A report said Rain was suffering from herniated disc, a medical condition where discs in the spine rupture.

"A disk herniates or ruptures when part of the center nucleus pushes through the outer edge of the disk and back toward the spinal canal. This puts pressure on the nerves. Spinal nerves are very sensitive to even slight amounts of pressure, which can result in pain, numbness, or weakness in one or both legs," according to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons website.

Rain was already suffering from this condition before his enlistment.

His agency, Rainy Entertainment, was quoted as saying that dancers like Rain suffer from back problems.

Some reports speculated that with his hospitalization and medical condition, Rain may petition for an early discharge from the military.

Rainy Entertainment denied this.

In a statement posted on its website, the agency clarified the rumors.

"In just a couple of days there have been misleading rumours about Rain, Jung Jihoon’s health problem, which surprised many people.  We therefore want to put out this notice," Rainy Entertainment said.

It said the singer already had the condition before his enlistment when he was carrying out his activities

"(Rain) had been receiving treatment steadily," it said.

The agency added that it won't affect Rain's military service.

"It is just chronic back pain.  His military duty is not affected at all.  Therefore there is absolutely no such thing as early discharge due to family circumstances.  He will continue to carry out his duties and he wants to complete his military service until the end with a smart look, even if he breaks his back," it said.

It added, "Thank you for your concern. Rain will faithfully fulfil his duties."

Rain will be discharged from the army in 2013.

Source:http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/374872/korean-singer-rain-lands-in-hospital-due-to-back-problem

After Military Release, Will Rain Sign On Again With J.Tunes Company or Find A New Agency?

2012-09-27

Despite Rain’s release from his army duties still being months away (barring his back condition doesn’t worsen), the entertainment industry is already abuzz over where Rain will sign on with once he returns.

65239911.jpg

Back in 2007, Rain parted with JYP Entertainment and founded his own agency, J.Tunes Company. But last year, before enlisting in the army, Rain increased J.Tunes Company’s capital by issuing new stocks before transferring ownership to JYP Entertainment. Rain’s then-contract with J.Tunes Company expired in October of last year and the singer is now currently under Rainy Entertainment, founded and headed by Rain’s own father.

Speculation remains divided what Rain will do once he returns from his army duties with some saying he may choose to found his own agency once more.

Others, however, argue with Rain’s long-standing connections with the staff and groups like MBLAQ and the upcoming girl group Two X, Rain will not easily give up ties with J.Tunes Company.

Photo Credit: DEMA
Source:enewsWorld

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rain @ Be The star audition

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

source  : http://kookbang.dema.mil.kr/kdd/GisaView.jsp?menuCd=3004&menuSeq=10&menuCnt=&writeDate=20120927&kindSeq=1&writeDateChk=20120927

1%2825%29.jpg

2%2811%29.jpg

3%2814%29.jpg

anjjo said:

After Military Release, Will Rain Sign On Again With J.Tunes Company or Find A New Agency?

2012-09-27

Despite Rain’s release from his army duties still being months away (barring his back condition doesn’t worsen), the entertainment industry is already abuzz over where Rain will sign on with once he returns.

Back in 2007, Rain parted with JYP Entertainment and founded his own agency, J.Tunes Company. But last year, before enlisting in the army, Rain increased J.Tunes Company’s capital by issuing new stocks before transferring ownership to JYP Entertainment. Rain’s then-contract with J.Tunes Company expired in October of last year and the singer is now currently under Rainy Entertainment, founded and headed by Rain’s own father.

Speculation remains divided what Rain will do once he returns from his army duties with some saying he may choose to found his own agency once more.

Others, however, argue with Rain’s long-standing connections with the staff and groups like MBLAQ and the upcoming girl group Two X, Rain will not easily give up ties with J.Tunes Company.

Photo Credit: DEMA
Source:enewsWorld

anjjo said: 12-09-24 Friends FM - 주맘_Talk about Rain

Credit : onlyone9625//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

class="entry-title"Rain in the hospital due to back problems, will not receive an early discharge from the military

2012-09-25

Singer Rain has been hospitalized because of problems with his back.

Rain’s label explained, “He went to the hospital because of back pains yesterday. He couldn’t attend the soldier star audition where he was supposed to serve as a judge.

The problem was because of his spine discs. A representative from the label explained, “People who dance usually have problems with their back. He had a herniated disc even before he enlisted. When he was in pain, he went to the hospital to get it treated. But it’s not so serious that people have to worry. It happens often.

The label also denied the rumors that he may receive an early discharge from the military due to this injury stating, “He’s getting medical and physical treatment at a hospital. There are no large problems with his health. All he has to do is to rest in the hospital. Once he’s done with his treatment, he will be finishing his enlistment normally.

Source: Dispatch via Nate//allkpop

------------------------------------------------------------

12-09-25 MBC News - Talk about Rain

Credit : ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtuj9y_120925-talk-about-rain_shortfilms

willenette said: anjjo, I'm sure in these videos you posted they're talking about his hospitalization......I hope DEMA would allow him first to rest in the comfort of his own home when he gets out from the hospital. - But, I have a strong feeling that military will grant this to him. I'd feel happy.....Now, I wonder where is he............still in the hospital or has been discharged already..........I hope we could get some news soon :)

anjjo said: willenette said: anjjo, I'm sure in these videos you posted they're talking about his hospitalization......I hope DEMA would allow him first to rest in the comfort of his own home when he gets out from the hospital. - But, I have a strong feeling that military will grant this to him. I'd feel happy.....Now, I wonder where is he............still in the hospital or has been discharged already..........I hope we could get some news soon :)

anjjo said: willenette said: anjjo, I'm sure in these videos you posted they're talking about his hospitalization......I hope DEMA would allow him first to rest in the comfort of his own home when he gets out from the hospital. - But, I have a strong feeling that military will grant this to him. I'd feel happy.....Now, I wonder where is he............still in the hospital or has been discharged already..........I hope we could get some news soon :)

OMG!!!! This is crazy! I have been absent for a while exactly because of that: Herniated disc although mine was a not that severe, a light one. But I need to be careful or next time I will be operated as well. I feel sooooo bad for Rain and I hope it won't leave any leaving damage or pain for live. The problem with this once you had it, you need to be extra careful your whole life. And knowing Rain's life rhythm and that he is a prof. dancer, I am a bit worried!

[info] celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Korea Veterans Association - Empathy Concert For National Security

Posted by memo-rain on September 28, 2012 at memo-rain

cf1.jpg

cf2.jpg

[English translation by 화니]

-To celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Korea Veterans Association - Empathy Concert For National Security-

*Time & Location : At 16:30 on 8 October 2012 / Seoul Plaza

14:30 : Parade

16:30 : Pre-concert ceremony

17:00 : Cerebration & the vision declaration /Concert.

*Guest performers for the concert :

Rain, KCM, Untouchable, 'Min Kyung Hoon', 'Song Dae Kowan', 'Dalshabet', 'EXID', etc.

*Organized by the military broadcast.

source : http://veterans.tistory.com/56 http://veterans.tistory.com/55

[09-30] 12-09-29 KBS - YunYeGaJunGye_Talk about Rain

12-09-29 KBS - YunYeGaJunGye_Talk about Rain

Credit : ratoka

http://www.dailymotion.com/video ... out-rain_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtyn7y_120929-talk-about-rain_shortfilms?start=5

------------------------------------------------------------------

photo /drawing

credit:raimy @rain-cloud.co.kr

240625bd(1).jpg

class="articletitle""Entertainment Weekly" Rain's Company Says "Medical Leave From The Military? That Won't Happen"

September 29, 2012

Singer and actor Rain's company talked about the possibility of his release from the military due to medical conditions.

34416-singer-and-actor-rains-company-tal

Singer and actor Rain's company talked about the possibility of his release from the military due to medical conditions.

On the KBS 2TV program "Entertainment Weekly" that aired on Saturday, they talked about Rain's admittance to the hospital. 

An official from his company talked about his back condition, saying, "He wasn't injured, but he always had a herniated disc. Due to his pain, he was unable to attend the events. The cause of the disc was dancing."

The official continued, "Even before enlisting, he went to the hospital and received physical therapy. From what I know, he is receiving physical therapy and resting right now."

The reporter asked if there was a possibility that he would leave the military early. The official replied, "That won't happen. There will be no more issues. I was told that he wasn't thinking of an early leave."

Source:.kpopstarz.com

Weekly Roundup: Rise and Fall

It was another week full of stellar achievements and records broken by Psy all across the world, while Big Bang made a lot of noise as well, seling out its concerts in America.

On the flipside, LeeSsang’s Gary and Gil shockingly announced their departure from the variety world, throwing the entertainment industry into turmoil, while Core Contents Media filed a major lawsuit against the producers of Five Fingers.

Get all of the scoop below!

(skipped unrelated.....)

Stars Falling Flat

3. Rain Causes Health Scare With Back Treatment

Rain fans were alarmed this week when it was revealed that the entertainer, who is currently serving out his mandatory military duties, had been admitted to a hospital to receive back treatment.

Adding to this were reports that the singer may even be discharged prematurely from the army because of his back issues.

Rain is currently undergoing treatment for what is suspected to be a herniated disk, but his agency has since denied he would be discharged prematurely and would finish out his duties even with a broken back.

[[►► Read more Rain news here.]]

Photo Credit: Google Korea, Hea Jung Min/ enewsworld

LINK to read FULL article : http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=16365&idxType=News&trendKeyword=