Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[Jan-07-2012]The motive power in Rain's eleven-year singing career is derived

from his family, his self-esteem, and his courtesy towards his fans.

PP12010700006.jpg

It has belatedly been found that some of world star Rain's prized possessions were

auctioned for charity to help children from the poorest backgrounds.

In an interview with donation media "Gifto" before he was enlisted, Rain said, "The motive

power in my eleven-year singing career is derived from my family, my self-esteem, and

my courtesy towards my fans."

"I was in a situation where I had to have the financial means to support my family, and I

made a conscious decision to always do progress music and build the stage to life by

the thought of meeting the expectations of a great number of people including my

seniors."

Continuing, "I would like to express my gratitude to my fans buying my expensive CDs,

appreciating me, and keeping me. That's why I should do progress music and build the

stage to life."

He emphasized that "chance for success favors only the prepared mind" by saying

"I remember that my early memories are of despair, agony, hope, and courage."

Rain said, "I think there is a car of destiny in life. As we sometimes cannot move because

the traffic is blocked, and traffic sometimes flows smoothly, you win some, and you lose

some."

He added, "I want to tell those around me and my juniors, "There is nothing to it achieving

dream if you try hard."

Rain's stage clothes and mike used as one of props for stage shows, are to be

auctioned for "Happy Energy" charity hosted by "Gifto" and Naver's public service

"Happy Bean".

All the proceeds of Rain's Happy Energy will be used for children from the poorest

backgrounds. This charity event will be continued until 30 April 2012.

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20120107n03338

Brief translation by rain bird @ rain-eu

By 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain unveiled new JVJQ CF!

Jan

rain.jpg

Check out Rain's latest CF for JVJQ!

My Link

Source:.dkpopnews

[pic][Old]BI Rain Sandoo pic // as tagged

2012-01-05

credit : @shelley_bi:차상두 車尚道 // weibo// wawalalal@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

This is totally cute! I have never seen this before. Thanks for sharing!

Hi bbly, this photo with his make-up artist was around 2007 - so, I don't think this was during Ijuksa days because this drama was around 2005-2006, right? Maybe, this was during Back to the Basic days. blush.gif

You are so right, dear! 2007 wasn't the year of ALTK, but Cyborg movie. I thought I have seen this picture during his time when shooting or finishing ALTK and that was as you said it in 2005.

Rain chooses family, pride, and respect for his fans as the driving forces behind his career

Jan 7, 2012

20111009_rain_2.jpg

It’s just been revealed that Rain participated in an interview with the Give Media Gift, a collaboration project with Naver‘s Happy Bean charity service.

Rain donated his personal mic and stage uniform to the cause. Should 5,000 people donate as well, his items will go up for auction to ensure a greater donation amount, which will all go towards helping children from low-income families.

In his interview, Rain was asked what the driving force behind his 11-year career was. He replied that family, personal pride, and respect for his fans were what kept him grounded throughout the years.

“At the time, I had to have economic power in society for my family’s wellbeing. At the thought of many seniors and people watching me, I also had to have pride in myself and my music to ensure that I would always be presenting progressive and improved music on stage,” said Rain.

Rain continued, “I respect my fans and genuinely thank them for purchasing such expensive albums, acknowledging my effort, and always watching over me. It was through them that I realized that I had to create and perform better music. From my youth, I remember the devastation, pain, hope, and finally bravery.”

As a message to the kids, he expressed, “Opportunity and success will come to those who wait. I believe that there is a car called Fate in life. Everyone is riding on a car of fate, just that for some, the road they’re on has traffic, which just requires a change in lane to pick up the pace again.”

Concluding the interview, he said, “I’d like to tell my juniors and everyone around me that if you work hard and wait, all of your dreams and hopes can come true.”

Source + Photos: OSEN via Naver//allkpop

-------------------------------------------------------------

12-01-07 MBC - 세바퀴_Baegka Talk about Rain

credit : ratoka @ YT

My Link

BE.jpg

[English translation]

[2012-01-08

~0:11

MC : There have been rumors Baekga has been like a girl friend to Rain.

0:12

Gag woman "Jo Hye Ryun" :

No, the two have been friends since their boyhood and make a perfect duo, like a relationship between gagmen "Seo Kyung Seock" and "Lee Yun Seock"

0:24

Coyote's member "Shinji" :

But the two call each other by the title, sweetheart.

0:26

MC : I wonder if their problems really run deep. (in a jovial manner)

0:27~31

Baekga : While we've been as lonely much of the time, he and I have come to encourage and rely on each other.

0:34

MC : Did you cry when Rain was enlisted?

0:35~41

Baekga : We promised each other not to cry, but he actually wept at the scene of his being enlisted, and I was doing the same.

0:42

MC : Did you go to see him who is in the army?

Baekga : Yes, I did.

0:55~1:10

MC : "Ji Sang Ryul" gets along with Rain too, right?

Gagman "Ji Sang Ryul" : I've been on friendly terms with Mr. Bi (Rain) since I played in a drama called "This Damned Love" with him.

MC : Is it any wonder that even though you say you're on friendly terms with him, you're calling him "Mr. Bi" in courteous terms, not calling him Ji Hoony?

"Ji Sang Ryul" : It is a little too hard for me to treat him even if he's younger than I am.

- They all burst out laughing at the same time -

credit:니@rain-cloud.co.kr

[01-08] [Eng Trans]Rain interview_ Happy Energy Star Contribution.

[Eng Trans]120107 Rain interview_ Happy Energy Star Contribution.

02__C0~1.JPG

source : http://happybean.naver.com/happy ... rtclNo=123461523619

video cap & Edit by ratoka

Rain contributes his prized mike used for 11 years to charity.

~0:05

Hi, everyone. I'm part-way through the rehearsal.

0:07~12

I want to say I'll contribute this mike, one of my prized possessions, to charity.

0:13~20

It's been 11 years since I used this mike on stages. While there has been a lot of effort, toil, and passion going into my stages, I've grown attached to this mike.

0:23~33

I'm trying to contribute this mike to charity auction "Happy Bean" the way treasures you've cherished are on the auction.

Rain leaves a message of hope for young people.

I think there is a car of destiny in life. As we sometimes cannot move because the traffic is blocked, and traffic sometimes flows smoothly, you win some, and you lose some. I want to tell those around me and my juniors, "There is nothing to it achieving dream if you try hard."

Englih Translation By 拳聪 @ rain-cloud

[Eng.Trans]Rain's senior soldier's notes on Rain after seeing him (Rain).

2012-01-08

credit:화니@http://rain-cloud.co.kr.

weibo에서 선임이 쓴 후기임 ㅋㅋ 근데 이사람 중국어 할줄 아는거 같아 weibo에 중국어로 써져있더라 ㅋㅋ암튼 어제 짧은

글 남겼음 ㅋ

절에서 레인을 봤데MV볼때 물어봤나봐 제일 좋아하는 가수가 누구냐고 물어봤더니본인이라고 말했데 ㅋㅋ

Rain's senior soldier's notes on Rain after seeing him (Rain).

One of Rain's senior soldiers recently posted a short comment about Rain on portal site

Weibo's internet bulletin board in China.

One day the senior soldier saw Rain when he watched a MV with other soldier mates in a

temple belonging to the unit where they serve.

When the senior soldier asked Rain "Who is your favorite singer?", Rain answered, "It's me."

Re-post by http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=318248&page=1&bbs=

English translation by rain bird @ rain-eu

*quoted image*

I want to say I'll contribute this mike, one of my prized possessions, to charity.

It's been 11 years since I used this mike on stages. While there has been a lot of effort, toil, and passion going into my stages, I've grown attached to this mike.

I'm trying to contribute this mike to charity auction "Happy Bean" the way treasures you've cherished are on the auction.

I think there is a car of destiny in life. As we sometimes cannot move because the traffic is blocked, and traffic sometimes flows smoothly, you win some, and you lose some. I want to tell those around me and my juniors, "There is nothing to it achieving dream if you try hard."

Thank you very much dear for sharing the clip and the translation!

[Jan-08-2012]Rain adapts well to life in the military to perfection.

580594-%280%29-m504404_71005.jpg

Rain & Baegka

Coyote's member Baegka released his close friend Rain's military life.

In an interview with 'Asia Today', Baegka who is a member of pop group Coyote who have

returned to work as singers beginning January 2nd when the group released a new song

'Saying the same thing over and over again', brought us up to date on Rain who is in the

military.

Baegka said, "I recently visited Rain who is in the military." "He stood at a height above the

soldiers even in the military. Even military uniform really suited him well."

Adding, "I thought he would tell his tale while complaining that it is hard making a living as

a soldier, but he was not at all how I'd imagined. He was capable of adapting to his

military life, even receiving a citation for working hard. He talked plenty about something

delicious and what he eats as he is a soldier." which made us laugh.

Baegka spoke highly of Rain's leadership, "I hear that Rain has been responsible for

acting as a compere at the military events." "Whatever he does he does it with all of his

might as usual, just like he works on his music, etc. Likewise, I find that he's been doing

well even in the military."

Meanwhile, Coyote where Baegka belongs have been active in the entertainment world

since their new song was released.

Credit to Asia Today http://news.nate.com/view/20120108n03937

Source:rain-cloud.co.kr

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think we can relate to this -

CJ Entertainment’s English translation of Rain’s upcoming blockbuster is Soar Into The Sun.

By Stephe@Cloud USA on January 8, 2012.

cjentsoarintothesun_cusa.jpg?w=300&h=238

CJ Entertainment‘s English translation of Rain’s upcoming blockbuster is Soar Into The Sun.

And what is the significance of that, you ask? It’s significant because they are the producer and the distributor of the film. They made the movie.

They are the Powers That Be. So when they say what the film is called, the buck stops with them.

The official title of Rain’s upcoming Korean “Top Gun” blockbuster is 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 (pronounced bisang [bisang]: taeyang-gakkai). It is Korean-made with a Korean title (not an English one) for a Korean audience. The “Flight: Close To The Sun” title came from English translations made by the media of the Korean articles written about the film, which was then spread by everyone else. Which is why there were different unofficial titles being batted around all over the place, Flight, Fly, Emergency, Soar Up, et cetera—비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 can indeed translate into several different things depending on what translator you use, whether or not you’re a native Korean speaker, and who is doing the translating. And there was nothing wrong with that, really. English speakers needed some way to casually refer to the movie in our own language.

But all of that was unofficial. I’ve never heard CJ refer to the movie as “Flight: Close To The Sun”, just news sources and fans. The only official title that I’ve ever seen come from the movie’s Powers That Be was 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이.

» Until this past October 2011.

In October, CJ released their upcoming 2011-2012 film line-up in English (which was a pretty awesome thing to do!), and their official English title for the movie is Soar Into The Sun. Which is rather exciting because with them doing this, could they be gearing up to distribute the movie in a few English-speaking countries as well? We’ve been contacting our local theaters in Atlanta and requesting the movie verbally and by email for months. How about you?

(Video credit: CJ E&M / CJ Entertainment / Upload courtesy of jiwonderland0628 @YT)

skipped . . . .

Hopefully, when CJ finally fills in all the blanks and gets these pages up to speed, we’ll have a better indication of exactly when the movie is going to be released. Because guess what? The media doesn’t know squat. They’ve been merely guessing about the date in those articles they’ve been putting out.

cjeandmrainsoarclosetothesunb_cusa.jpg?w=447&h=381

cjeandmrainsoarclosetothesun_cusa.jpg?w=447&h=441

Could CJ change their mind and end up using the “Flight” translation? Sure. They certainly could. Nothing is written in stone in the movie industry. But until they do, it’s “Soar” to us. We’re calling it whatever the people who are making it are calling it. They’re the ones who have that say.

Now, we’re not telling you what to call it. Frankly, it’s not that big of a deal how it’s casually referred to in English-speaking circles, and everyone knows what movie you’re talking about anyway no matter what name you use (unless they’ve been living under a rock for the past year). So call it whatever.

But it never hurts to be on the same page when it comes to the official side of things.

cjentsoarintothesunb_cusa.jpg?w=497

cjentsoarintothesunc_cusa.jpg?w=497

[Translated article] The Heartwarming Story

2012-01-06

by emik@rain-cloud.co.kr/

I translated an article from Japanese magazine "Korean Scandal" which was published in Dec. 2011.

(Sorry this is bit late to post)

*quoted image*

How great my son is!!

Star who is a good son.

The Heartwarming Story.

Rain gave a big present to his father as his appreciation.

Much-loved mother's death become a big turning point for Rain.

In 2000, his father's family business was in financial trouble, their family budgetbecome tight and his illness mother was died because she couldn't get proper treatment. At that time Rain was a high-school student and his father was in Brazil alone to work. His father returned to Korea just before she passed away but Rain was angry with his father because he was not with her when she was suffering.

However, Rain found out later that his father had sold his shop to make money for her treatment and he worked day and night to look after his children after. Rain apologized for being cold shoulder toward his father and they made up.

In 2006, Rain bought a big house in an expensive residential areain Seoul which cost was 31 hundred million won and he gave it to his father.

His father busted into tears for joy and couldn't look up for a while by his son’s big present.

Hi anjjo, finally.............I was able to read the translation from this Scandal magazine. Thanks for sharing this. :lol:

12-01-07 Happy Energy Star Donation - Rain Interview

source : nate news//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

watch video here

http://happybean.naver.com/happyenergy/HappyEnergyNonFamousView.nhn?artclNo=123461523619

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Thanks for posting the video & the pictures of the items, which he auctioned. :sweatingbullets:

Rain unveiled new JVJQ CF!

Jan

*quoted image*

Check out Rain's latest CF for JVJQ!

My Link

Source:.dkpopnews

This girl is really so pretty - Still wondering if she's a Chinese or Korean. After watching this CF when it was 1st released last week, I miss RAIN! So good to see a new CF & an article about him even if he's serving his military now. This is such a sweet and cute CF. This reminds me of the "Love Song" MV............. :sweatingbullets:

My Link

*quoted image*

[English translation]

[2012-01-08

No, the two have been friends since their boyhood and make a perfect duo, like a relationship between gagmen "Seo Kyung Seock" and "Lee Yun Seock"

Baekga : While we've been as lonely much of the time, he and I have come to encourage and rely on each other.

Baekga : We promised each other not to cry, but he actually wept at the scene of his being enlisted, and I was doing the same.

Gagman "Ji Sang Ryul" : I've been on friendly terms with Mr. Bi (Rain) since I played in a drama called "This Damned Love" with him.

MC : Is it any wonder that even though you say you're on friendly terms with him, you're calling him "Mr. Bi" in courteous terms, not calling him Ji Hoony?

"Ji Sang Ryul" : It is a little too hard for me to treat him even if he's younger than I am.

*quoted image*

Thanks for sharing the translation of this interview. :lol:

CJ Entertainment’s English translation of Rain’s upcoming blockbuster is Soar Into The Sun.

*quoted image*

CJ Entertainment‘s English translation of Rain’s upcoming blockbuster is Soar Into The Sun.

And what is the significance of that, you ask? It’s significant because they are the producer and the distributor of the film. They made the movie.

They are the Powers That Be. So when they say what the film is called, the buck stops with them.

The official title of Rain’s upcoming Korean “Top Gun” blockbuster is 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 (pronounced bisang [bisang]: taeyang-gakkai). It is Korean-made with a Korean title (not an English one) for a Korean audience. The “Flight: Close To The Sun” title came from English translations made by the media of the Korean articles written about the film, which was then spread by everyone else. Which is why there were different unofficial titles being batted around all over the place, Flight, Fly, Emergency, Soar Up, et cetera—비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이 can indeed translate into several different things depending on what translator you use, whether or not you’re a native Korean speaker, and who is doing the translating. And there was nothing wrong with that, really. English speakers needed some way to casually refer to the movie in our own language.

But all of that was unofficial. I’ve never heard CJ refer to the movie as “Flight: Close To The Sun”, just news sources and fans. The only official title that I’ve ever seen come from the movie’s Powers That Be was 비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이.

In October, CJ released their upcoming 2011-2012 film line-up in English (which was a pretty awesome thing to do!), and their official English title for the movie is Soar Into The Sun. Which is rather exciting because with them doing this, could they be gearing up to distribute the movie in a few English-speaking countries as well? We’ve been contacting our local theaters in Atlanta and requesting the movie verbally and by email for months. How about you?

(Video credit: CJ E&M / CJ Entertainment / Upload courtesy of jiwonderland0628 @YT)

skipped . . . .

Hopefully, when CJ finally fills in all the blanks and gets these pages up to speed, we’ll have a better indication of exactly when the movie is going to be released. Because guess what? The media doesn’t know squat. They’ve been merely guessing about the date in those articles they’ve been putting out.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Could CJ change their mind and end up using the “Flight” translation? Sure. They certainly could. Nothing is written in stone in the movie industry. But until they do, it’s “Soar” to us. We’re calling it whatever the people who are making it are calling it. They’re the ones who have that say.

Now, we’re not telling you what to call it. Frankly, it’s not that big of a deal how it’s casually referred to in English-speaking circles, and everyone knows what movie you’re talking about anyway no matter what name you use (unless they’ve been living under a rock for the past year). So call it whatever.

But it never hurts to be on the same page when it comes to the official side of things.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Ye, right you are - we could really relate to this article. :lol:

*** I'm glad Rain is adjusted in the army life now gradually..........Waiting for his return..........can't wait for it. I think the army life will suit him just fine. Really so good to hear things like this.....I'm really loving all these recent stories about Rain! I knew he would do GREAT....inside there. I am sure he will have a finer body when he returns...I knew it would be a piece for him...being in the military. I'll always be proud of him. I love their closeness. Stay safe and have fun, RAIN! :lol:

Baekga says Rain is very much adjusted to the army life

580594-(0)-m504404_71005.jpg

Koyote‘s Baekga revealed Rain‘s life in the army.

Koyoto has been mkaing the rounds promoting their latest single. In an recent interview with Asia Today, Baekga again talked about his good friend, Rain, who is currently in the military.

Baekga said, “I went to visit Jihoon (Rain’s real name) in the army. He was shining even at the army. He looks really good in a military uniform.”

He continued, “I thought he would complain about the hard time he is having, but he’s winning awards and adjusting really well. Since he’s in the army, he talked a lot about delicious foods he wants to eat.”

He also complimented Rain’s leadership. He said, “I heard he was an MC at an event there. He really works hard on everything he does. Because of that, he’s in good shape in the army.”

Meanwhile, Koyote released “Repeat the Same Words” and is currently promoting the song.

Source: Asia Today via Nate / allkpop

*** Hahaha - that's so cute! Sweet bromance... but doesn't seem like that much of news to me. Hilarious endearing word between (2) men.....such a cute friendship. It's really nice to know that he has such good friends...... like Baekga. :lol:

Koyote’s Shinji reveals that Baekga and Rain call each other “honey”

2012010810423406310_1.jpg

Rain and Koyote‘s Baekga was revealed to have a very close relationship.

On the January 7th broadcast of MBC’s ‘Three Turns‘, Koyote’s Shinji revealed, “Rain oppa and Baekga call each other ‘honey’“.

Baekga explained, “It’s because we’ve known each other for so long and we have no one else to depend on.“.

MC Park Mi Sun continued to ask “When Rain entered the army, did you cry?“, to which Baekga nodded yes. “We both promised that we wouldn’t cry, but he cried first so I ended up crying too. I even went to visit him“.

Fellow groupmate Kim Jong Min then added, “When Rain’s leaves are overnight, he would go to see him,” causing Baekga to look flustered.

Rain entered the military last October and is currently on active duty.

Source + Photo: Star News via Nate / allkpop

[GIF] Rain .gif(t)s for you.

by Stephe@Cloud USA on January 3, 2012.

(courtesy of momoko)

*quoted image*

(courtesy of momoko)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

You are so right, dear! 2007 wasn't the year of ALTK, but Cyborg movie. I thought I have seen this picture during his time when shooting or finishing ALTK and that was as you said it in 2005.

anjjo, thanks for posting these nice & cool gifs. :lol:

bbly, since anjjo had posted these gifs above, I miss Fugitive. RAIN has proven his talents as a dramatic actor and a comic actor during his stint in Ijuksa and Fugitive respectively.I also missed Ijuksa & FH. They are dramas itself, which are quite a visual treat. Like in FH, the director smartly understands close-ups, lighting, and some terrific choice camera work to make a scene extra comical. This show is about a romance between two unlikely lovers. RAIN is the opposite of SHK but I can see them falling in love with each other and it’s a treat. It’s this smart moments that I easily fall for. Speaking of which, it is so easy to fall in love for the two leads of these (2) dramas. . In Ijuksa, his eyes are so mesmerizing even though they seem lazy and casual while in FH I enjoy his light, character details, his hurt machismo in Fugitive and the overall silliness of his character there. Besides, the rest of the cast are funny as well. :lol:

My Link

*quoted image*

[English translation]

[2012-01-08

anjjo, wahhh………..they call each other ‘jagiya jagiya’.” (Jagiya = honey, sweetie, darling, etc. It is a term of K-endearment used between a couple.) I’m sure their friendship grew even more through Baekga’s illness before. :lol:

120109 MBC_ News Today_Rain, charity work he has done before enlisted in the military

Credit : Edited by scorpiola // scorpiolabi1 @ youtube - rain-cloud.co.kr/

*quoted image*

My link

12-01-09 TVN - Enews_ 비 속전속결 복귀

credit : tvenews // RE-UP BY ratoka @ YT - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

*quoted image*

Hi willenette, thanks for posting these videos. Here are the translations -

[English translation]

2012-01-09

~0:07

[Rain] : Chance of success favors only the prepared mind.

0:08~12

It is belatedly found that Rain was of good behavior before enlisted in the military, which has garnered a lot of attention.

0:12~18

Rain's clothes and mike used as props for stage shows, were auctioned through a website called Talent Donation (to help nourish talented and aiding children)

0:19~29

At the same time, Rain didn't forget to leave a message of hope with you, "There is nothing to it achieving dream if you try hard.", recalling memories of the past when his family was economically disadvantaged.

0:31~

All proceeds from the charity auction will be used for children from the poorest backgrounds.

credit:화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[English translation]

2012-01-09

~0:37

They already expect that Rain can make his comeback on a soap opera called 'Four Season" soon after his military service even though he's got 19 months to retire from the army. His every move has always aroused intense interest even after his entering the military, like this.

0:39~

USA's music channel MTV listed Rain as "The Best Men’s Fashion of 2011" just recently. World star Rain is still popular even while serving in the military.

Rain's old Pics from ALTK

c0047605_23593055.jpg

c0047605_23593663.jpg

c0047605_23594253.jpg

c0047605_23594845.jpg

c0047605_23595532.jpg

credit:as tagged

Hi willenette, thanks for posting these videos. Here are the translations -

[English translation]

2012-01-09

~0:07

[Rain] : Chance of success favors only the prepared mind.

0:08~12

It is belatedly found that Rain was of good behavior before enlisted in the military, which has garnered a lot of attention.

0:12~18

Rain's clothes and mike used as props for stage shows, were auctioned through a website called Talent Donation (to help nourish talented and aiding children)

0:19~29

At the same time, Rain didn't forget to leave a message of hope with you, "There is nothing to it achieving dream if you try hard.", recalling memories of the past when his family was economically disadvantaged.

0:31~

All proceeds from the charity auction will be used for children from the poorest backgrounds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[English translation]

2012-01-09

They already expect that Rain can make his comeback on a soap opera called 'Four Season" soon after his military service even though he's got 19 months to retire from the army. His every move has always aroused intense interest even after his entering the military, like this.

USA's music channel MTV listed Rain as "The Best Men’s Fashion of 2011" just recently. World star Rain is still popular even while serving in the military.

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing the translations of these (2) videos. :lol:

Fanmade - Rain wallpaper

Credit : Rain Fanart blogspot / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

1%281%29.jpg

***We know that Cha Tae-hyun was referring this "top actor" to RAIN............... :lol:

****************************************************************************************

Why Do Many Celebrities Suffer from Mental Problems

Veteran comedian Lee Kyung-kyu (52), who regularly appears on several TV shows, recently confessed that he has been taking medication to treat panic attacks for four months. The revelation has instantly turned the spotlight on mental disorders or depressions many people in showbusiness are vulnerable to.

"I constantly felt like I was suffocating and felt scared of dying," Lee said. His fans were shocked by his confession, as Lee always exuded a happy-go-lucky persona on TV as an entertainer skilled at making viewers laugh.

Panic disorders involve extreme feelings of anxiety or even panic attacks for no reason and occur unexpectedly. Over the past several years, a growing number of entertainers have admitted to suffering from similar problems. Singer Kim Jang-hoon fainted last October as he was about to go on stage for a concert in Seoul and had to be hospitalized. He complained of lethargy, insomnia and a rapid heart rate.

2012011001415_0.jpg

From left, Lee Kyung-kyu, Kim Ha-neul, Jun Jin and Cha Tae-hyun

Meanwhile, actor Cha Tae-hyun (36), famous for his comedic roles, told viewers last year that he too was wrestling with a panic disorder. "I began to suffer from the disease when a top actor was cast for a role in a rival TV drama after the show I was appearing in continued to do poorly in ratings," Cha confessed. He also recalled that he fainted during a flight and asked for an oxygen mask. And on one occasion he had to call an ambulance 30 minutes before a concert in the U.S.

(skipped unrelated...............)

englishnews@chosun.com / Jan. 10, 2012 13:50 KST

*quoted image*

anjjo, as I watch the video of this translation it shows RAIN's strong charisma although he doesn’t seem to have put much effort in his look. He’s like a piece of sculpture! :lol:

*quoted image*

skipped . . . .

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

***As of this time since I’m not so familiar with SSK I find this pairing odd yet. Well, I think RAIN needs to pick his comeback project than tearjerkers, melodramas or action. Why not rom-com next time, huh? I’m anticipating for this one. :lol:

[Jan-08-2012]Rain adapts well to life in the military to perfection.

*quoted image*

Rain & Baegka

Coyote's member Baegka released his close friend Rain's military life.

In an interview with 'Asia Today', Baegka who is a member of pop group Coyote who have

returned to work as singers beginning January 2nd when the group released a new song

'Saying the same thing over and over again', brought us up to date on Rain who is in the

military.

Baegka said, "I recently visited Rain who is in the military." "He stood at a height above the

soldiers even in the military. Even military uniform really suited him well."

Adding, "I thought he would tell his tale while complaining that it is hard making a living as

a soldier, but he was not at all how I'd imagined. He was capable of adapting to his

military life, even receiving a citation for working hard. He talked plenty about something

delicious and what he eats as he is a soldier." which made us laugh.

Baegka spoke highly of Rain's leadership, "I hear that Rain has been responsible for

acting as a compere at the military events." "Whatever he does he does it with all of his

might as usual, just like he works on his music, etc. Likewise, I find that he's been doing

well even in the military."

Meanwhile, Coyote where Baegka belongs have been active in the entertainment world

since their new song was released.

Credit to Asia Today http://news.nate.com/view/20120108n03937

Source:rain-cloud.co.kr

I'm really so happy to know this. I hope his Dad & Hana could visit him because we know that there’s difficulty to visit your sibling, relative, family & loved-ones in the military even when you want to. I hope RAIN will stay healthy through the winter. :)

11-12-16 KBS World - KBS Generation Sympathy Saturday_A Love To Kill Outline

Credit : rainsnow // Cap BY ratoka @ YT@rain-cloud.co.kr

My Link

2%285%29.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-01-02 SBS - Morning Wide_Rain MTV Fashionsta

2012-01-10

credit : rainsnow //cap by ratoka @ YT@rain-cloud.co.kr

or watch video here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnkmen_120102_shortfilms

1%282%29.jpg

12-01-10 RAIN 「 アジドラ 韓国芸能まる見えTV 」

credit : momorumii @ YT / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

8888.jpg

12-01-10 MBC - Good Day_Talk abou Rain

credit : ratoka @ YT - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

to.jpg

10.Jan01.12[pic]BI Rain new coupang

Credit : wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

7bd9841fgw1doxhfxnfiej.jpg

K-Pop Expected to Boom Again This Year

Five representatives who are leading the new Hallyu boom in the world expressed their prospects for K-Pop this year.

8039_3527_l.jpg

▲ Representatives of major entertainment agencies (from left, clockwise) -- Kim Young Min of SM, Yang Hyun Seok of YG, Hong Seung Sung of Cube, and Jeong Wook of JYP

K-Pop gained huge popularity all over the world beyond Asia last year. It has been spread into the popular culture of many Asian countries such as Japan and countries in East Asia, and K-Pop’s internet fandom was created in Europe and South America through various internet websites such as YouTube and SNS (Social Network Service). In addition, some of the entertainment agencies, who are leading the widespread of K-Pop in the world, held concerts in the USA, Europe, and South America, and the major local medias reported the popularity of K-Pop in their countries as a new phenomenon by indicating it as “Attack by K-Pop Stars” and “Crazy about K-Pop.” The representatives of major entertainment agencies -- SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, and Cube Entertainment -- and the singer BoA, who achieved great success overseas for the first time among Korean singing groups, expressed their bright prospects for K-Pop this year.

◇ Kim Young Min, the representative of SM: “K-Culture will come into the spotlight” = We could confirm K-Pop’s possibility of success in the USA and Europe through “SM Town Live” concerts last year. K-Pop is forecast to spread all over the world this year, and, above all, various aspects of Korean culture such as fashion and food are likely to attract people’s attention as “K-Culture” from the world. SM’s keywords for this year are “Asia” and “localization.” SM has emphasized the importance of the huge Asian market where has a geographical advantage. SM singing groups will continue to focus on holding activities in Asian market by releasing album, holding concerts, and having various promotional activities. In addition, we will try to distribute quality content to Europe and the USA by utilizing new media such as YouTube and Facebook as well as holding concerts continuously in order to expand the boundary of global activities. And we will implement localization strategies by presenting rookie singing groups strategically organized for different regions. EXO-K and EXO-M will debut in Korea and China, respectively, and they will begin holding activities in Korea and China at the same time with the same song. In addition, concert will become a hot topic in the world music business this year. Dong Bang Shin Ki will hold a concert tour in Japan with estimated number of 450,000 audience members and Super Junior will continue their world concert tour entitled “Super Show 4” that they have begun from last year. SM’s singing groups are expected to record the greatest number of audience members for their concerts.

◇ Yang Hyun Seok, the representative of YG: “Embankment will break soon as it already has a hole in the middle” = When I was holding activities as a member of the group Seo Taiji and Boys in the 1990s, Japan was a culturally advanced country that had higher level of music than Korea, and we could not dare to dream about advancing to the USA. But things have changed. Hallyu in Japan, which was established by the first generation Hallyu stars such as Bae Yong Joon and BoA, does not mean something that consumes Korean music only, but it ultimately changes the image of Korea in Japan. And the world market including the US market has faced new changes thanks to the development of the Internet. The singer Seven stayed in the USA to debut in the American music industry in the past, but 2NE1 has been largely introduced to the world through YouTube and SNS. 2NE1 was selected as the “World Best New Band” by MTV IGGY, and the group members gave an interview with BBC News in Britain. An actress who appears in the American soap opera “CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) Season 6” revealed that she is a huge fan of 2NE1 and she like 2NE1’s songs. CNN introduced the video of the cast member of SBS TV’s audition program “K-Pop Star,” Park Ji Min, and the Hollywood star Ashton Kutcher and pop star Eric Benet uploaded the link of Park Ji Min’s audition video on their Twitter account and highly praised her talent. K-Pop’s possibilities are infinite. It is still inadequate to call “Hallyu” in the USA and Europe, but it is true that we make a hope in the embankment. There are a small number of fan groups who enjoy Hallyu in America. Like we did before in Japan, we will have a chance to break the wall of the American music market, and I hope that it will come true at least before one or two years and five years maximum. To make this happen, we have to produce quality content in the categories of music, music video, and concerts. YG has presented music that follows world’s music trend based on hip hop music since its establishment, and we have confidence in having competitiveness in the world music market. Singing groups belonging to YG will not stay in the local for promotion anymore. As things have changed how they work, we can use time more efficiently. We will find verified business partners by establishing small branches in Europe instead. We have now advanced into Chinese market up to now, but we have kept research on Chinese market for the last ten years. China is the largest market in Asian and it has its own characteristics from its political system, so we will try to find more effective methods to advance into this market. K-Pop just lit a match last year. Nobody knows whether the embers can burn a small tree or a mountain. But it is clear that Korean popular music seems to have the best possibilities in its history.

◇ Jeong Wook, the representative of JYP: “I look forward to having a real world star from Korea” = K-Pop has just begun to expand its popularity last year, and it will put down its roots this year. The most important thing is that the culturally advanced people have to exchange their culture with those of local people. Culture is very comprehensive, and K-Pop has to go abroad with other Korea culture. Hong Kong movies received great love in the past, but suddenly lost popularity, and we should take a lesson from Hong Kong movies’ trial and error. K-Pop has trained talented people for the past ten years beginning from SM’s effort, and K-Pop will not easily lose it popularity thanks to those efforts. Even though China and Japan begin to establish the system to develop talented people right now, it will take at least several years before they can advance overseas. We can collaborate with other countries by providing our system and utilizing their money, management, and their market. Countries might try to block our culture to protect their own culture like China who restricts the broadcasting of Korean dramas. The solution in this situation is to develop both the local country and the stars together. I expect that there will be a real world star whoever he or she is this year. We could not imagine that our singer can become the top star in Japan, but actually many singing groups advanced to Japan after Dong Bang Shin Ki successfully advanced Japan. Rain looks like almost a world star. Singing groups in JYP have various plans in other countries including Korea, China, the USA, and Japan. The Wonder Girls are expected to have outstanding achievement in the USA beginning from the broadcast of the TV movie "Wonder Girls" in which the group members appear as the protagonists. 2PM and 2AM will debut in Japan this month, and Miss A will implement various projects in the great China region. Korean government needs to improve legal system including copyright law to protect people in entertainment industry from losing their passion for creating works.

(skipped unrelated...)

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentNews/view.html?No=8039

*quoted image*

anjjo, RAIN has a big heart & that makes him even more attractive! :lol:

[Eng.Trans]Rain's senior soldier's notes on Rain after seeing him (Rain).

2012-01-08

credit:화니@http://rain-cloud.co.kr.

weibo에서 선임이 쓴 후기임 ㅋㅋ 근데 이사람 중국어 할줄 아는거 같아 weibo에 중국어로 써져있더라 ㅋㅋ암튼 어제 짧은

글 남겼음 ㅋ

절에서 레인을 봤데MV볼때 물어봤나봐 제일 좋아하는 가수가 누구냐고 물어봤더니본인이라고 말했데 ㅋㅋ

Rain's senior soldier's notes on Rain after seeing him (Rain).

One of Rain's senior soldiers recently posted a short comment about Rain on portal site

Weibo's internet bulletin board in China.

One day the senior soldier saw Rain when he watched a MV with other soldier mates in a

temple belonging to the unit where they serve.

When the senior soldier asked Rain "Who is your favorite singer?", Rain answered, "It's me."

Re-post by http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=318248&page=1&bbs=

***I find this story funny. RAIN is really smart. I heard it’s very cold right now in Korea. I hope RAIN stays warm in his barracks. Wondering if there’s the floor heating system known as "ondol" in the place where’s he’s based, huh? Unlike heaters, which decrease the humidity in the air, making skin dry, ondol functions as a humidity control system. I hope there is..... :)

[English translation]

2012-01-09

Rain's old Pics from ALTK

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit:as tagged

It's really too early to say this but I really hope his comeback project will be a drama. Unlike some other actors in Korea, RAIN can act, sing and dance. He has displayed his talents not only on stage & has been acknowledged as a skilled celebrity. Thanks for posting these Ijuksa captures.............How I miss RAIN in this drama. Although, the ending was so sad. But this drama is freaking awesome! :lol:

12-01-02 SBS - Morning Wide_Rain MTV Fashionsta

2012-01-10

credit : rainsnow //cap by ratoka @ YT@rain-cloud.co.kr

or watch video here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnkmen_120102_shortfilms

*quoted image*

RAIN could well pull-off each & every outfit & he'll always look stunning! :sweatingbullets:

About "Mentholatum", RAIN shows-off his beautiful clear skin for this cosmetic brand. It coincided with the brand’s delicate clear skin image, so he was able to sign a contract with”Mentholatum”. Meanwhile, RAIN also signed a contract with China’s ‘JVJQ”, cosmetic brand for women. But this Mentholatum CF is still a winner & killer for me - he looked so natural & no need for makeup. SIMPLY GORGEOUS is the right word & description! Love his smiles. Most Korean people really have beautiful/flawless skin... :sweatingbullets:

BI Rains pic ' who likes back ?!'

credit : DC / wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

b3.jpg

120109 MBC_ News Today_Rain, charity work he has done before enlisted in the military

Credit : Edited by scorpiola // scorpiolabi1 @ youtube - rain-cloud.co.kr/

*quoted image*

My link

12-01-09 TVN - Enews_ 비 속전속결 복귀

credit : tvenews // RE-UP BY ratoka @ YT - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

*quoted image*

Thanks for sharing the clips!

anjjo, thanks for posting these nice & cool gifs. :lol:

bbly, since anjjo had posted these gifs above, I miss Fugitive. RAIN has proven his talents as a dramatic actor and a comic actor during his stint in Ijuksa and Fugitive respectively.I also missed Ijuksa & FH. They are dramas itself, which are quite a visual treat. Like in FH, the director smartly understands close-ups, lighting, and some terrific choice camera work to make a scene extra comical. This show is about a romance between two unlikely lovers. RAIN is the opposite of SHK but I can see them falling in love with each other and it’s a treat. It’s this smart moments that I easily fall for. Speaking of which, it is so easy to fall in love for the two leads of these (2) dramas. . In Ijuksa, his eyes are so mesmerizing even though they seem lazy and casual while in FH I enjoy his light, character details, his hurt machismo in Fugitive and the overall silliness of his character there. Besides, the rest of the cast are funny as well. :lol:

I am really curious too what will be Rain's first project when coming out of the army. He did a drama, then shot a movie. I hope it will be a one long fantastic album like Rainism.

And no comment about Baekga and his constant talking about Rain. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. :P