Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

So Anchor will be shown around Asia? that is good!

And yes, he looks very good!

bbly, Anchor Beer is a CF & a brand from China & they got a Korean endorser for their product to promote this around Asia. This just shows the power of RAIN in China - Chinese loves our man! He moves others so much, that you gotta love him for it. I love how he has so many international fans. :lol:

11-12-16 KBS - News_Mention Rain

Credit : ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/ / KBS

http://news.kbs.co.kr/culture/2011/12/15/2404846.html

My link

KBS.JPG

*** I've been saying this over & over again that I'm not really into sequels, part 2..............Any sequel is a disaster for me.....Honestly, it's going to be really hard to live up to the original Full House They could have just get another title.No one can beat the ORIGINAL. :lol:

Full House 2: Doomed from the Start?

Take a gander at the cast of Full House: Take 2 in Japan. While filming some scenes in Japan, the cast also held a press conference to promote the upcoming drama and to pose for some pretty pictures.

20111206_seoulbeats_FullHouse1-300x204.jpg

A quick refresher: Full House aired in 2004 and due to its huge success, it’s been credited as one of reasons for the expansion of the Korean wave. The drama also helped launch Rain and Song Hye-kyo to super stardom. And not even a decade later, Kim Jong Hahk Productions decided to produce a sequel to the mega hit, staring No Min-woo, Hwang Jung-eum, and Park Ki-woong.

I don’t see the point of calling Full House 2 a sequel as it seems to be a remake instead. By definition, a sequel is a published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one. What’s the point of casting different actors in the same roles as the previous work? Or are they going to insist that No Min-woo is really Lee Young-jae after major reconstructive plastic surgery because the house caved in on him when he tried to leave Han Ji-eun?

Okay, I’m starting to sound bitter, but that is only because I adored Full House and this sequel is going to ruin one of my first Korean dramas I ever watched. It seems like they are going to reuse the main points of Full House to hopefully recreate the same success (i.e. live in maid, surly idol hero, house/deed debacle, contract marriage).

20111206_seoulbeats_FullHouse_banner.jpg

You would think that the top dogs of Kim Jong Hahk Productions would realize that recycling these same clichés might bore the audience. But then again, this is the Korean entertainment industry, everyone is probably already numb to all the sameness. I guess I had hoped that they would surprise me with a fun reversal, like if Hwang Jung-eum was the Hallyu star and No Min-woo as the poor sap that got conned out of his house. Or No Min-woo could have been a celebrity whose popularity went downhill after multiple scandals. As a result, he goes bankrupt and he is forced to move into Hwang Jung-eum’s house and work as a housemaid. Oh, the possibilities.

As it stands, I’m going to write this sequel off as a flop, but I’m hoping that it’ll prove me wrong. In fact, I really hope it completely destroys my expectations and recreates the magic that was Full House.

Anyone else anticipating Full House: Take 2? Or have you all given up on it from the get-go?

On a side note to No Min-woo: What did they do to you?! Did you take hair styling tips from Hwang Jung-eum?!

(Koala’s Playground1, Koala’s Playground2 Soompi1, Soompi2, 10asia ) seoulbeats

[Dec-17-2011] "The release date of 'Flight : Close To The Sun' starring Rain" from an article.

The following is an extract from the original article, "A lot of films are due for release in 2012."

- Only "Flight : Close To The Sun" part -

An official from CJ, the production company of movie "Flight : Close To The Sun" starring Rain, said when the movie would be released. "I know many things have been said concerning the release date of "Flight : Close To The Sun" as there are rumors that it will begin screening next March or in the next summer vacation season or in the latter half of next year, but it is due for release as early as March next year or by the first half of next year at the latest."

Credit to Newsen http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201112161503551003

Brief translation by rain bird.

[Dec-16-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain & Kim Tae Hee's video message @ 2011 Coupang Donation Campaign.

My link

0:03

Rain : Hello, everyone. This is Rain, a model for Coupang.

Kim Tae Hee : This is Kim Tae Hee.

0:06~0:10

Rain : It is said these clothes we wore while filming a Coupang commercial, will be used for good things.

0:11~0:17

Kim Tae Hee : Completing our work with pleasure from start to finish, we're so glad to see these clothes will be used for good things.

0:18~20

Rain : We wish you every success in your career.

0:21~0:25

Kim Tae Hee : We hope many of you will participate in our event, and be happy.

0:27

Both : Be happy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011년 연말을 맞아 쿠팡에서 "100원의 행복" 기부 캠페인을 진행합니다. 쿠팡에서 쇼핑하면 고객의 이름으로 100원이 기부적립되고, 비, 김태희의 쿠팡 CF광고 의상도 기부에 참여한 고객분 중 추첨하여 득템하실 수 있습니다.

A donation campaign "Happiness of ₩100" is being conducted by Coupang before the end of the year 2011.

When you make purchase on this online shopping mall Coupang, account credit (₩100) under your name will be earned for donation.

Also, for those who participate in the donation, we'll hold a drawing for the clothes Rain & KimTae Hee wore while filming a Coupang commercial.

Credit to

English translation by rain bird.

Thank you dear for sharing the clip! I wouldn't mind having a piece of clothes worn by Rain. blush.gif

Rain VIPS Event

2011-12-17

source : ivips//ratoka@ain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

------------------------------------------------------------------

[GIF] Rain .gif(t)s for you.

2011-12-17

Source/credit:Cloud USA/Stephe

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Loving those gifs, especially the one where Rain is doing the hulla-hup thing, I thin that was during a Japanese Fan Meeting in 2008.

Rain's group pics in military camp

2011-12-18

credit : Rainsha//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

Rainsha.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

17.Dece12.11[gif][Calendar]BI Rain 2012 calendar will be with animation !

2011-12-19

credit: wawalalal@rain-cloud.co.kr

BI%5FRain%5Fcalendar%5F2012.gif

[Dec-16-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain mentioned in KBS TV News.

My link

Under the sponsorship of Won Kwang Digital University's Face Management Institute, a conference on the facial characteristics of dozens of domestic celebrities including entertainers such as singer Rain, gagman 'Yu Jae Seok', etc. based on physiognomy, was held at the Press Center in Kwang Hwa-moon in Seoul yesterday. It is the fourth conference to be held in the country this year.

The conference presenters said on the day, "These celebrities have moderately thick eyebrows which indicate social relationships or popularity, they have tall noses, and they have faces with appropriately prominent cheekbones which could make them look more attractive."

Credit to http://news.kbs.co.kr/culture/2011/12/15/2404846.html

Re up by ratoka 060

English translation by rain bird.

*** This news is not cool at all! I hope all of this bad matter is left back when RAIN isn't yet inside. Wahhhhh.............am I too bad? Ohhh......... let there be peace! :)

North Korea situation causes fans to worry about celebrities in the army

2011121915302804320_1.jpg

With the news of Kim Jong Il‘s death, South Koreans have been voicing their anxiety and speculations of what the future may hold. Naturally, concern for soldiers on active duty have been raised, especially from the numerous fandoms that have their favorite celebrities in the army.

Celebrities currently serving active military duty include Rain, Hyun Bin, Jung Tae Woo, Im Joo Hwan, Wheesung, T-Max‘s Kim Joon, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Dong Gun, Kim Ji Suk, Park Hyo Shin, Kim Heechul, Hwanhee, and Untouchable. With all active soldiers put on red alert, it’s likely that these celebrity soldiers will also put on alert as well.

A source from The National Defense Public Relations Department stated, “With the news of Kim Jong Il’s death, the public relations department (in which the celebrity soldiers serve) have cancelled some of their events… However, [the celebrity soldiers] are carrying out the duties they have been assigned.”

The celebrities serving in the public relations department are Lee Jun Ki, Park Hyo Shin, and Lee Dong Gun.

Hip-hop duo Untouchable, who are currently serving in the military band, are scheduled for 100 days of vacation. However with the sudden news of the North Korean dictator’s death, it is not yet clear whether the two will be able to take their vacation.

Untouchable’s agency stated, “The two members of Untouchable are supposed to come out for their first break at the end of this year, but in case [they aren't able to], we are a little worried for them. We just hope that they will perform their duties with good health.”

Currently, there are no celebrity soldiers who are serving on the front line. Although Hyun Bin was originally stationed as a combat soldier, he’s been serving in the public relations department since November.

Rain, who is currently serving as an assistant instructor, is also carrying out his normal duties and has not seen much change so far. Wheesung has also been appointed as an assistant instructor and is currently undergoing additional training.

T-Max’ Kim Joon and Paran‘s Lion, who entered service in September, are currently serving as a conscripted police officer and a member of the Air Force band, respectively.

Source + Photo: Star News via Nate / allkpop

*** This news is not cool at all! I hope all of this bad matter is left back when RAIN isn't yet inside. Wahhhhh.............am I too bad? Ohhh......... let there be peace! :)

North Korea situation causes fans to worry about celebrities in the army

*quoted image*

With the news of Kim Jong Il‘s death, South Koreans have been voicing their anxiety and speculations of what the future may hold. Naturally, concern for soldiers on active duty have been raised, especially from the numerous fandoms that have their favorite celebrities in the army.

Celebrities currently serving active military duty include Rain, Hyun Bin, Jung Tae Woo, Im Joo Hwan, Wheesung, T-Max‘s Kim Joon, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Dong Gun, Kim Ji Suk, Park Hyo Shin, Kim Heechul, Hwanhee, and Untouchable. With all active soldiers put on red alert, it’s likely that these celebrity soldiers will also put on alert as well.

A source from The National Defense Public Relations Department stated, “With the news of Kim Jong Il’s death, the public relations department (in which the celebrity soldiers serve) have cancelled some of their events… However, [the celebrity soldiers] are carrying out the duties they have been assigned.”

The celebrities serving in the public relations department are Lee Jun Ki, Park Hyo Shin, and Lee Dong Gun.

Hip-hop duo Untouchable, who are currently serving in the military band, are scheduled for 100 days of vacation. However with the sudden news of the North Korean dictator’s death, it is not yet clear whether the two will be able to take their vacation.

Untouchable’s agency stated, “The two members of Untouchable are supposed to come out for their first break at the end of this year, but in case [they aren't able to], we are a little worried for them. We just hope that they will perform their duties with good health.”

Currently, there are no celebrity soldiers who are serving on the front line. Although Hyun Bin was originally stationed as a combat soldier, he’s been serving in the public relations department since November.

Rain, who is currently serving as an assistant instructor, is also carrying out his normal duties and has not seen much change so far. Wheesung has also been appointed as an assistant instructor and is currently undergoing additional training.

T-Max’ Kim Joon and Paran‘s Lion, who entered service in September, are currently serving as a conscripted police officer and a member of the Air Force band, respectively.

Source + Photo: Star News via Nate / allkpop

I just read now about it and what can I say, my first thought was: god, please let everybody be safe and that there is no conflict or whatever. Most importantly, let our Rain and all the other soldiers be safe. :(

11-12-20 [Cloud Notice]The answer to our question about sending the goods necessary for his military life to Rain

Hi, we're 8th term Cloud executive board.

Today, Rainy Entertainment asked us (Cloud) to shelve a plan to sending the goods

necessary for his military life to Rain.

Unlike the general public, military unit is one of the most inaccessible places, so it's not

easy to reach him. That's why Rainy Entertainment only contacted him today and we also heard from Rainy Entertainment today.

In a situation where we're quite a bit behind in our work while each fan site's activity is

coordinated to avoid a duplication of effort, an exercise equipment has belatedly been selected as a present for him.

Over the phone, we asked Rainy Entertainment to ask him if we could send the exercise

equipment to him before he got assigned to an unit where he would officially serve the

two years of mandatory military duty.

According to Rainy Entertainment, Rain asked to put the decision in the deep freeze by

saying, "Thank you for the support and love Cloud have shown, but please shelve the

plan and I'll ask Cloud to send it to me if the need arises."

We'll make an announcement again and do support activities for him, when we receive a definite reply from Rainy Entertainment.

* As an announcement about the matter has been posted on rain-jihoon.com, he has

had quite enough of "other things" except snacks including candies, cookies, etc, so

now you won't have to send him "other things" any more.

All foods except candies, cookies, etc, will be discarded if they are sent by parcel post.

source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/b ... _what=&keyword=

credit:ratoka@ RAINLEGEND

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Vote] 1st Look Cover of the year (Rain)

2011-12-20

Vote Here

http://www.firstlook.co.kr/?event=cover-event&item=7

Vote.jpg

[Dec-23-2011] Rain wins his lawsuit against a squatter occupying a

building Rain owns.

Singer and actor Rain brought an eviction suit against Mr. Park, a famous designer, and

the judges ruled in Rain's favor.

The Seoul District Court ruled on the morning of the 16th that the plaintiff (Rain) should

pay the defendant (Mr. Park) the balance that is the defendant's hundred million won

security deposit minus his back rent, and the defendant should vacate the property.

And the court turned down the defendant's claim that his works of art worth around

two hundred million won were wet from water which leaked through a crack on the wall in

a rain storm, so his store was really suffering and he demanded compensation for

damage from Rain.

Last January 18th, Rain filed an eviction suit against Mr. Park who took occupancy of a

building in Cheongdam-dong Rain owns, claiming that "Mr. Park doesn't vacate the

property even though the lease has expired. He has paid no added-value taxes since the

early contract, and he hasn't paid rent since last September."

According to the court's decision, the house owner can evict the squatter.

Credit to Sports Hankook http://news.nate.com/view/20111223n06931

Brief translation by rain bird @ rain-eu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Coupang picture

source : coupng //cap by ratoka

z1%281%29.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dec-21-2011]A social commerce CF in which Rain and 'Kim Tae Hee'

appear, is belatedly the talk of the town.

20111220232106822.jpg

A photo of Rain dancing with actress 'Kim Tae Hee' photographed right before his

entering the army, is belatedly the talk of the town.

Internet media recently reported that social commerce "Coupang" has released a photo

which shows the two dancing together.

In this photo from its commercial film which was shot before Rain entered the army, Rain

is making a good appearance through cute facial expressions and dandy style, and 'Kim

Tae Hee' is displaying her hidden talent as a dancer in a red micro miniskirt.

This film and its making film have already been posted on You Tube since last November

4th.

Credit to http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?cateid=100030&newsid=20111220230311371&p=spottv

English translation by rain bird @rain-eu.com

11-12-18 LaLa - The Dr Conference_Full House

2011-12-22

credit : rainsnow // cap by ratoka @ YT

FULL.JPG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-12-22 General picture

credit : Hana Cyworld // cap by ratoka

아침에 밥먹는데 자기도 달라고 저러고 있다 ㅋㅋㅋ

먹었으면서!!!

general.jpg

Rain Wins Case Involving His Building

2011-12-24

Source: enewsWorld

Rain won a case against famous life stylist Mr. Park, who was a tenant in his building.

The Seoul Central District Court ruled on December 23, “Rain must pay Park back the 100 million won rent deposit minus the unpaid rent, and Park must transfer the building to Rain.”

81%282%29.jpg

The justice department dismissed the counter-case filed by Park against Rain, which stated “many expensive art pieces were damaged by water leaks in the building,” and refused to pay the rent and leave the building.

The department ruled, “As Park was using the building as a gallery and continued to use it for his original purpose after the contract expired and until now, he must pay the unpaid rent to [Rain].”

“There is no evidence to say that the building is unable to carry out its original purpose just because of partial water leaks in the gallery and the regurgitation of sewage in the bathroom,” it added.

Rain and Park signed a contract in August 2009, saying that Park would pay Rain 100 million won in deposit money and 4 million won with 400,000 won in taxes per month until March 2011 for Rain’s Cheongdam building.

Park set up a gallery in the building two months after the contract was signed, but from December 2009 to August 2010, he failed to pay the 400,000 won in taxes, and from September 2010, did not pay any rent at all.

At this rain filed a case against Park for a cancellation of the lease contract in January.

Park promptly filed a counter-case, saying he “suffered from damages as [Rain] did not uphold his duties as a leaseholder, shown through water leaks and the regurgitation of sewage in the bathroom.”

Photo credit: rain-cloud.co.kr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BI Rain~ [MV]~Inspiration ART Draws from Nao~ARTISTIC

0_korean_actor_rain_bi_pictures_05.jpg?w=398&h=536

[Dec-23-2011] Rain wins his lawsuit against a squatter occupying a

building Rain owns.

Singer and actor Rain brought an eviction suit against Mr. Park, a famous designer, and

the judges ruled in Rain's favor.

The Seoul District Court ruled on the morning of the 16th that the plaintiff (Rain) should

pay the defendant (Mr. Park) the balance that is the defendant's hundred million won

security deposit minus his back rent, and the defendant should vacate the property.

And the court turned down the defendant's claim that his works of art worth around

two hundred million won were wet from water which leaked through a crack on the wall in

a rain storm, so his store was really suffering and he demanded compensation for

damage from Rain.

Last January 18th, Rain filed an eviction suit against Mr. Park who took occupancy of a

building in Cheongdam-dong Rain owns, claiming that "Mr. Park doesn't vacate the

property even though the lease has expired. He has paid no added-value taxes since the

early contract, and he hasn't paid rent since last September."

According to the court's decision, the house owner can evict the squatter.

Credit to Sports Hankook http://news.nate.com/view/20111223n06931

Brief translation by rain bird @ rain-eu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Coupang picture

source : coupng //cap by ratoka

*quoted image*

First of all wishing you all happy holidays, my dear friends!!!!!

Very happy and thrilled that Rain won this lawsuit as well! This is a good christmas gift to our man. And I hope this will be the last please.

And that coupang picture looks soooooo cute!!!! Thanks for sharing.

11-12-22 General picture

credit : Hana Cyworld // cap by ratoka

아침에 밥먹는데 자기도 달라고 저러고 있다 ㅋㅋㅋ

먹었으면서!!!

*quoted image*

General is all grown up now, no more cute puppy face.

BiMerry Christmas from Paradise!

2011-12-25

by BiGrrr@ http://rain-cloud.co.kr

BI_CLOUD_8_MEMBERS_GIFTS_1_SM.jpg

It’s a very BiMerry Christmas Eve in Honolulu, Hawai’i

thanks to the wonderful, diligent Cloud 8 Executives who

persevered to send all of the fantastic BI items to Cloud 8

members worldwide.

Their hard work is greatly appreciated – many hearts will be

happy while we try to smile when we are missing BI so very much!

Humble gamsahamnida to the entire Cloud 8 family…wishing all a

blessed, safe Christmas; especially to our dearest BI who will not

have the comfort & pleasantries we can enjoy – we’re thinking of

him every micro second of each day praying for his safety & warmth…

Aloha from R.A.I.N. Inc. Hawaiian Cloud (*.*)

BI_XMAS_2.jpg

[Translation] Daum article dated 2011/11/28

2011-12-26

by huhuhuhu@http://rain-cloud.co.kr

This is late, and probably nothing we don't know about our prince, but I think it is worth reading!

http://v.daum.net/link/22929250? ... _source=twitterfeed

posted at 2011/11/28 by 닥터콜

English translation by: huhuhuhu@raincloudhk

Rain, impressed all his colleagues with surprising adaptability to military life; Jung Jihoon - synonym to Effort

1112260209e86f460e4a677742.png

If you think about it, Rain’s late 20s seemed to be filled with sarcastic comments on “to go or not to go to the army”. Whenever any news came up related to Rain, people would start to give sarcastic remarks about him as if he was someone who would certainly be exempted from army duty. Rain’s late 20s was therefore covered with cuts and bruises. Netizens had set their minds as if Rain would surely use tricks in order to avoid military duty. Because of their relentless gossips I didn’t know since when I had also assumed that he would not go to the army, and that even if he went, he would try hard not to follow the normal procedures. So when surprisingly the news came out that Rain would really report to the army as an active-duty soldier, I didn’t even feel ashamed for having such ugly thoughts previously.

1112260209ef9fe0e629932934.png

One day, a friend passed an internet news to me with a remark “Rain is really cool”. I was wondering “Is he crazy?” Here was a guy who usually grinds his teeth and treated Rain as if he was an enemy. Moreover, coming from a family who had served the navy, he was not really impressed by military lives of the average celebrities. So what exactly had someone done and what news had he clicked and read that made his mouth wide open with amazement, which hadn’t happened for a long time, and made him feel moved about Rain again, like he did 7 years ago?

It was announced on 14th (October) that Rain would serve his duty at the recruit training centre of the No. 5 Infantry Division, also known as “The Key Troop”. As the name indicated it occupied an important position, with its roots dated back to the Korean war period. Since the time of the ex President Lee Seung Man it got the name “No. 1 Troop in the World”, which showed its history of playing an active role in the army. The Key Troop where Rain would be going is at the very front line of the GOP. The location of the No. 5 Infantry division is right under the barbed wire of Yeoncheon County, where winter temperature could drop below -15 and the hot summer was close to a heat wave with temperature above 38. Such is the harsh environment of its location. In a word, Rain would be receiving hell of a training.

111226020904ef3efc123b7d5a.png

However, despite being older in comparison and being with recruits who had never enjoyed the social life of a celebrity; and despite his handicap of not being able to follow the normal process, the team work he had with the recruits and the beautiful records he had achieved could only amaze one with wide opened mouth.

In the first week when there was a reward and penalty system, Rain was the only one of all the members who met the 15 points requirement and received a reward. His day time rifle score was 19 out of 20, and night time score was 10 out of 10. He passed both the measured rifle score and the training rifle score in one go and achieved full marks, which earned him the recognition of First Class Marksman and made him one of the top 3 recruits.

Other than physical stamina and training results, Rain’s superior leadership and his good character made him stand out and being chosen as a Teaching Assistant of the No. 5 Division Recruits Training Team. His extraordinary achievement was more than that. After being with the army for just 5 weeks as a recruit, he was named Special Warrior. To be chosen as a Special Warrior, a soldier had to achieve not only a day, night time rifle score above 90% and completed a 30km marching, he also had to be in top grade physically in terms of push up, sit up and 3 km run, and achieved above 70% level in all subjects of training. These could be said as almost unbearable levels, but Rain, amongst the more than 130 recruits, was No. 2 in his overall results and was named Special Warrior.

1112260209c3bc6a3a66b04ad8.png

“Rain’s excellent rifle skill and his stamina, as well as his leading by example attitude has made him a model for the other recruits”

Like what the army personnel had said, other than Rain’s ability and physical stamina, his leading by example attitude had inspired the other recruits and made him their model. His unusual leadership could be seen from the fact that these men, who were usually seen as unenthusiastic, were full of praise about him. “Jihoon hyung is nice. Just like the brother next door. Nice next door brother.” “Jihoon hyung is amazing, he’s nice and cool, like the big brother next door, but externally he is really a world star”.

As very few celebrities joined the army as active-duty soldiers, celebrities who did so could solve one of the three most sensitive problems they faced with the netizens, who had taken it to be their right to talk about anything celebrities did.

However, it had lost its effect as a result of the recent loud noises made by some celebrities who went in as active-duty recruits. Because of stars who thought they were superior and peers who acted in a 4th dimensional way as if they wished to attract harm, there were situations that it only brought more insult to some celebrities when they went as active-duty recruits.

1112260209d564c438d83a0584.png

When I looked at the amazing achievements Rain had maintained, and when I watched him in crisp military discipline in one TV program and saw his eyes when he flashed a quick look at the camera, for a long while I felt great respect not to the singer, but to the man Jung Jihoon. Such respect was not because he joined the army. Rather, it was because of his attitude that he would do his best whatever position he is in, an attitude which is worth emulating. My respect to him was because such attitude really signified all the successes Jung Jihoon had achieved during these periods.

111226020930bd6c687a8bed88.png

When I looked at Rain, I felt that the name Jung Jihoon is the synonym of effort. The level of “effort” he put in was precisely the person he had emerged today. His image of doing his best no matter when and where was certainly not trick playing. Instead, it is a determination not to have the feeling of laziness because I am a star, it is Ok to relax a bit now. From the young man with cute smiling eyes 7 years ago to being called world star now who will begin his 30s, he has never changed to do his best, and is putting the word “effort” into practice from head to toe.

Rain said before he worked hard for two reasons: poverty and his mother. He talked about an incident during his difficult days. As he drank the barley tea he got from his bedside, he chewed something pungent and thought they were barley seeds. When he lighted up to look, they were actually cockroach eggs hatched in the tea. Still it tasted delicious to him. I still remember vividly now the bitter smile on his face as he told the story.

Because of poverty, he could barely afford a 3 minute seaweed soup sold in the convenience store for his sick mother, who suffered great agony and died as she could not receive proper medical treatment. To his mother, Rain still has a sense of guilt which looms inside him.

111226020985be4e06751e9fae.png

“I still feel the regret and the sense of guilt. Now I could open up and talk about it, but the agony was just indescribable when you couldn’t cure an illness because of financial difficulties.”

The way that Rain always does his best in everything makes one feel that he is the synonym of effort. The fact that he has become a living witness of living faithfully is also the fact that he always remembers the agony of poverty and having a guilty feeling towards his mother.

I respect the man Jung Jihoon from my heart. As a matter of fact, before someone actually achieves it, it is almost impossible for a person to demonstrate enormous self control and utmost sincerity whenever and whatever position he is in. That’s why I respect him. It is not because he joined the army. Whether he goes to the army or not is not important. His mind has gone deep inside his body and he will not let it get rusted. Such determination is astonishing and one cannot but show admiration. It was not because of the military constitution. Wherever the place was, he probably was still at his best.

[Dec-26-2011]Pte. Rain had a very nice Christmas with his acquaintances

including "Lee Mi Kyung", vice chairman of the CJ.

m1%283%29.jpg

The cars, there are actor "Jung Seok Won", "Kim Sung Soo", and the CJ's vice chairman

"Lee Mi Kyung" in them, are entering a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division

to see Rain on the 24th at 10am. (from top to bottom)

m2%283%29.jpg

Actor "Jung Seok Won" running towards a military guardhouse to see Rain.

m3%281%29.jpg

There's a signboard in an unit belonging to the 5th Division, Yoencheon-gun, Kynggi-do,

where Rain works as a teaching assistant.

Singer and actor Rain (29, his real name is "Jung Ji Hoon") serving in the military, had a

very nice Christmas with his acquaintances including "Lee Mi Kyung" (53), vice chairman

of the CJ.

Deluxe foreign and domestic cars, including Carnival vans which are usually used for

transport of entertainers, were lined up at a recruit training center belonging to the 5th

Division, Yoencheon-gun, Kynggi-do, last 24th, at around 10:10 am when it was on the

eve of Christmas. They drove all the way from Seoul to see Rain serving here.

At this visit, CJ's "Lee Mi Kyung" was accompanied by "Kim Dong Won" who directs

"Flight: Close to The Sun" which is Rain's last film before his military service, and Rain's

"Flight: Close to The Sun" co-stars such as "Jung Seok Won" (26) and "Kim Sung Soo"

(38).

Even though road conditions were being blamed for the heavy snow overnight, they didn't

mind coming down there to let Rain not be lonely as this Christmas was special for him

because it was his first Christmas at the military.

The atmosphere from inside and outside of the military unit, was rather strange and

awkward even though Christmas was near at hand, because vacation, outing, and staying

out overnight were restricted by North Korean leader "Kim Jong-il"s death.

Rain has got days off as a reward as he's received a citation for being an ultra warrior,

but the incident has caused him not to go on vacation for a while.

His fans' messages left in a noodle restaurant right in front of Rain's unit, gave us some

slight idea of the atmosphere of Christmas.

The visit was done from around 10 am to 3pm in the unit.

As "Kim Sung Soo" and "Jung Seok Won" spent time with Rain almost half the day on

Christmas Eve which raises people's pulse rate more than Christmas day does, delaying

dating with their own girl friends, the three of them showed off their close friendship and

loyalty.

"Lee Mi Kyung", vice chairman of the CJ, specially prepared a car with Bibigo (a Korean

food brand produced by the company) on it for Rain and his soldier mates performing

their duties in cold weather while cutting themselves off from society even on Christmas

Day.

A special connection between "Lee Mi Kyung" and Rain is widely known as she's had a

motherly affection and carefulness for him.

"Lee Mi Kyung" carrying on a three-generation family business, the eldest daughter of

"Lee Maeng Hee" who is the eldest son of the late "Lee Byung Cheol" who is the founder

of the Samsung group, has great influence with the domestic culture and art world.

Meanwhile, "Flight: Close to The Sun", a more than ₩ ten billion action blockbuster set to

make its debut in South Korea on the fourth week of January next year, is about the

activities, love, and friendship of flighter pilots.

In the movie, Rain plays a flight lieutenant called 'Jung Tae Hoon" belonging to Black

Eagles, a special Air Force team with top guns, working with "Jung Seok Won", "Kim Sung

Soo", "actress "Shin Se Kyung", etc.

Credit to Sports Seoul http://news.nate.com/view/20111226n05941?mid=e0102

English translation by rain bird @ rain-eu.

Source:rain-cloud.co.kr

My dear anjo and dear willenette, wishing you of course a very nice holidays as well!!!

[Translation] Daum article dated 2011/11/28

2011-12-26

by huhuhuhu@http://rain-cloud.co.kr

What can I say? There is nothing new here, we know all this about our Rain, but still it fills me every time with pride and joy reading such praises for him.