Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[08-Nov-11][Korea News]Rain is selected as an assistant instructor in the Army

13%286%29.jpg

A high-level military official recently talked about the reason they chose Rain as an assistant instructor for the fifth division training camp. He said, “Rain is very responsible and faithful.”

Rain joined the Army on October 11 and was trained for five weeks in the fifth division.

The official said, “Jung Ji Hoon was an example for others and did a very good job as a trainee with other soldiers.”

“He also wanted to be an assistant instructor and we made a fair estimation. We thought he was enough to be the assistant instructor.”

Rain is especially skilled at shooting.

On October 26, he shot the mark with nineteen shots out of twenty during the day and he shot the mark with ten shots out of ten at night. He was one of the top three marksman among one hundred forty soldiers.

Rain will become an assistant instructor on December 9.

He will serve as a soldier for twenty one months and he will be discharged from military service on July 10, 2013.

Source: TV Report //en.korea.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation - Assistant Training Officer

2011-11-09

by huhuhuhu@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1780&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

We read news today about our prince being selected as the Assistant Training Officer of the No. 5 Infantry. This has generated much talk amongst the Korean public - with a lot of positive comments.

Here is something written by a Korean man who served in the army before, giving explanation and insight about being an ATO.

Korean to Chinese:偶爱2B薰

Chinese to English: huhuhuhu

He explained what an ATO is. An ATO is selected from only a handful of new recruits, usually not exceeding 5. So literally only the best of the best could be appointed. Although the officials will also consider personal wish, even if you wish to be an ATO, you will not be selected if you do not have the ability. From all aspects the ATO of new recruits is one of most dufficult appointment.

Physically it may be slightly more relaxing than being in a search team, however the mental stress is much more serious. An ATO not only requires good self performance, he also has to constantly guide and supervise the other recruits in his team, so it is very tiring. He can't sleep well, he even has to supervise every move of the new recruits during weekends. He will be reprimanded if any problems occurred to the recruits. So it does not mean you are OK if you yourself only perform well.

However, compared to other positions, being an ATO is a very distinguished appointment . Wherever you may go, if you tell others you background has been an ATO, people will even say hello to you in a different way. Women may not know about this, but all men know. The most admirable appointments for a new recruit will be in the search team and being an ATO. As a man, I really feel proud for Jung Jihoon.

I really have to give my endless encouragement to Jung Jihoon, who always chooses to walk on a difficult road, to accept new challenges. I wish he could be discharged soon, and I look forward to his smart face on stage, as well as an even more active performance in Hollywood.

Well done, prince! You have won the respect of many, many Korean man with your own actions, and not words.

We feel soooo proud of you. We feel sooooo proud being your clouds!!

Translation - Assistant Training Officer

2011-11-09

by huhuhuhu@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1780&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

We read news today about our prince being selected as the Assistant Training Officer of the No. 5 Infantry. This has generated much talk amongst the Korean public - with a lot of positive comments.

Here is something written by a Korean man who served in the army before, giving explanation and insight about being an ATO.

Korean to Chinese:偶爱2B薰

He explained what an ATO is. An ATO is selected from only a handful of new recruits, usually not exceeding 5. So literally only the best of the best could be appointed. Although the officials will also consider personal wish, even if you wish to be an ATO, you will not be selected if you do not have the ability. From all aspects the ATO of new recruits is one of most dufficult appointment.

Physically it may be slightly more relaxing than being in a search team, however the mental stress is much more serious. An ATO not only requires good self performance, he also has to constantly guide and supervise the other recruits in his team, so it is very tiring. He can't sleep well, he even has to supervise every move of the new recruits during weekends. He will be reprimanded if any problems occurred to the recruits. So it does not mean you are OK if you yourself only perform well.

However, compared to other positions, being an ATO is a very distinguished appointment . Wherever you may go, if you tell others you background has been an ATO, people will even say hello to you in a different way. Women may not know about this, but all men know. The most admirable appointments for a new recruit will be in the search team and being an ATO. As a man, I really feel proud for Jung Jihoon.

I really have to give my endless encouragement to Jung Jihoon, who always chooses to walk on a difficult road, to accept new challenges. I wish he could be discharged soon, and I look forward to his smart face on stage, as well as an even more active performance in Hollywood.

Well done, prince! You have won the respect of many, many Korean man with your own actions, and not words.

We feel soooo proud of you. We feel sooooo proud being your clouds!!

Hi anjjo, thanks for the translation done again by huhuhuhu. So, the right position given to him is ATO. Thanks huhuhuhu for sharing with us more about this news. :lol:

Rain, assistant instructor of the recruit training center

41733866.2.jpg

Singer Rain has been chosen as a teaching assistant for the 5th division's recruit training center (RTC).

He is currently in an RTC group called the 'key base' and has been chosen as a training assistant. According to the military, he was chosen as an assistant instructor on the 4th of November and will start active duty on November 4th after the first and second training sessions.

Rain will serve in the military for 21 months and will be released in July of 2013.

Singer Rain has been chosen as the teaching assistant of division 5 recruit training center.

He is currently grouped in an RTC group called the 'key base' and has been chosen as a training assistant. According to the military, he was chosen as assistant instructor on the 4th and will start being active on the 9th after the first and second training.

Meanwhile, Rain will serve in the military for 21 months and will be released in July of 2013.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Although I want to cry every time I see new pics/vids of my beloved, Bi, thank you so much for posting them.  It never ceases to amaze me how utterly beautiful he is.  Bi is really something special.  I love him and I miss him.

Rain Chosen as Assistant Instructor at Army Boot Camp

K-pop superstar Rain, a.k.a. Jung Ji-hoon (29), was chosen as an assistant instructor at the 5th Infantry Division's Army boot camp, where he has been serving his mandatory military service since Oct. 11.

"Private Jung Ji-hoon volunteered to serve as an assistant instructor," a military officer confirmed, adding that such appointments are only handed out to outstanding rookies.

"Jung was finally chosen as an assistant instructor as he has shown great enthusiasm for training and sets a good example for others in the barracks. He was also recognized as an outstanding trainee in a comprehensive assessment," the officer added.

Rain will take up his new position from Wednesday, when he finishes basic training.

englishnews@chosun.com / Nov. 09, 2011 11:04 KST

[Nov-09-2011]<Eng.trans> About Rain's current status at the military. (from Twitter)

지금 12중대 기간병입니다.(비 신교대 병사) 정말 과묵하게 할거 다하고 열심히 하고 있습니다..연예인 티도 안내고. 근데 조교가된 결정적인 계기가 사격은 좀 허구네여...

I'm an enlisted cadre at 12th Division.

New soldier Bi (Rain) is a man of few words and diligently does all the things he should. Even if he is a celebrity, he never shows it. And, his accuracy with the gun has become a crucial key in being allowed a teaching assistant.

Credit to http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=315166&page=3&bbs=

English translation by rain bird

Rain Ranks as Top-Marksman in Military

9553-jy8027o7bh.jpg

After officially entering the military nearly a month ago, Korean soloist Rain had successfully underwent his mandatory training with great success, as it has recently been announced that he had been recognized as a top marksman.

Recently confirmed by the Democratic Congressman, Shin Hak Yong, Rain received near perfect scores for the target practice conducted for the 5th Division training camp on the 26th of October. Reportedly, he hit his mark an impressive 19 out of 20 times during the daytime trial, and 10 out of 10 during the nighttime run. As a result of his above average scores Rain was recognized as the #3 marksman in his camp of 140.

Rain will be deployed from the 5th division training camp on November 14th. And according to the Ministry of National Defense it is highly possible that he will be selected as a special ranking soldier due to his exceptional scores.

Via intuned.com / gokpop

*** With this poster of a topless RAIN from NA, ohhh............very cool! Only this is perfect for me! :lol:

5 Gifts for the Asian Movie Enthusiast and Lover

2011holidayguide.jpg

So you have a friend who loves and adores Asian movies, and it’s a bit difficult to find them gifts. I mean, other than the movies themselves, and sometimes that can be a bit pricey. Movies add up, you know. Here are some ideas for the 5 best gift ideas for Asian movie lovers! First, it depends on what their favorite kinds of movies are. Horror movies, they are the easiest to get things from. In any case, here goes!

1. Posters. Everyone loves posters. They are affordable and awesome and can remind the person of the movie they love when looking at it. It’s also one of the more typical gifts, but it IS tried and true.

ninja_assassin_1-268x400.jpg

Come on who WOULDN'T want him on their wall?

(skipped unrelated............)

These are the 5 best gifts, in my opinion, to get an Asian movie lover. I know I’d LOVE IT if I got these, as an Asian movie person myself. Also, you can always just get the OST for the movie as well.

So will you guys be getting anything for the Asian movie lovers you know?

Source : ningin.com

[11-09] 11-11-09 Rain mentholatum picture

Credit as tagged / ratoka-rainlegend

#曼秀雷敦男士专业护肤#男人的魅力在于内涵绝非外在?诚如《男人帮》里顾小白说的“我们不会对一头心灵美的猪一见钟情”,收拾好面子问题才是男人魅力制胜的关键。Q10弹力活肤面霜,蕴含Q10弹力活肤因子,提升肌肤弹力;特含维生素A及渗透因子,能深入肌肤,淡化细纹。皮肤弹力十足,魅力一触即发!

Mentholatum_2.jpg

November 9, 2011

Rain Becomes Assistant Instructor at Military Recruit Training Camp

Singer Rain (29, Jeong Ji Hoon), who joined the military last October, has recently been selected as an assistant instructor of the unit recruit training camp of the fifth division. A person from the military said, "Rain has been selected as an assistant instructor on November 4.

7978_3303_l.jpg

After he finishes his own basic military training, he will be deployed as an assistant instructor on December 9." The army usually selects the best trainee for assistant instructor after considering their good score during the basic military training and their own preference. The military said, "The assistant instructors at the training camp are mostly model soldiers. Rain completed his own training program with an excellent score while perfectly leading others and he also applied for the position, so we selected him as the assistant instructor."

Rain will serve in the army for 21 months until he will be discharged in July, 2013.

Credit : KBS Global

I have changed some things on my PC, since then my internet is running slow. So I am trying to fix it and wanted to quick come here in and say hello!

Reading all the accounts and news about Rain really re-confirms again and again and again and again, we have every reason to be proud of him! He won so much respect and admiration and this is only the beginning, the training. Imagine the respect and treatment he will get once he is out of the army (July 10, 2013, please come back quickly). You go Rain! Show them what you are made of.

[09-Nov-11][Hancinema]Rain Chosen as Assistant Instructor at Army Boot Camp

hhhaaaa.jpg

K-pop superstar Rain, a.k.a. Jung Ji-hoon (29), was chosen as an assistant instructor at the 5th Infantry Division's Army boot camp, where he has been serving his mandatory military service since Oct. 11.

"Private Jung Ji-hoon volunteered to serve as an assistant instructor", a military officer confirmed, adding that such appointments are only handed out to outstanding rookies.

"Jung was finally chosen as an assistant instructor as he has shown great enthusiasm for tRaining and sets a good example for others in the barracks. He was also recognized as an outstanding tRainee in a comprehensive assessment", the officer added.

Rain will take up his new position from Wednesday, when he finishes basic tRaining.

source : hancinema

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Anchor picture

11-11-09

Credit as tagged

anchor.jpg

I have changed some things on my PC, since then my internet is running slow. So I am trying to fix it and wanted to quick come here in and say hello!

Reading all the accounts and news about Rain really re-confirms again and again and again and again, we have every reason to be proud of him! He won so much respect and admiration and this is only the beginning, the training. Imagine the respect and treatment he will get once he is out of the army (July 10, 2013, please come back quickly). You go Rain! Show them what you are made of.

Hi bbly, no wonder we seem to miss you yesterday, huh? But so nice to see you back here again.....You know why, I'm also wondering some things here in soompi - For around (2) weeks now, although I'm online it's not shown that I am - since that time up to now I'm always "offline - hehehe isn't that weird? And I never ever touched anything in my Profile but every time I visit this site I'm already under "anonymous" that's why, my username is no longer shown..............I really don't care about this as long as I could post & reply but I hope there's nothing wrong.....................Well, talking about RAIN, I do agree with your words - I'm just so proud to be a RAIN fan...........& I'm so proud of him as well! :sweatingbullets:

Rain assigned as Assistant Instructor at Army Boot Camp

rain.jpg

Jung Ji Hoon, known as Rain, proved himself best in doing anything.

Rain has already showed his talent in music and acting. He is among those Korean stars who are acclaimed in America and Europe also. Recently, he proved his capabilities in Army Boot Camp.

The ‘Korean Defense Ministry’ revealed on Wednesday that Rain, who start his mandatory services in the ’5th Infantry Army Boot’ camp in October, is chosen as ‘Assistant Instructor’. A military spokesperson confirmed it by saying, “Private Jung Ji-hoon volunteered to serve as an assistant instructor“

Officer showed his confidence on Rain as he said, “Jung was finally chosen as an assistant instructor as he has shown great enthusiasm for training and sets a good example for others in the barracks. He was also recognized as an outstanding trainee in a comprehensive assessment“

In addition, Rain has also marked as camp’s top marksman.

Source: Chosun / korea.com

*** It seems that VIP is in good hands.................new event from time to time, left & right - It deserves it. "World Star" is the spokesperson of the place. :sweatingbullets:

[11-10] 11-11-10 Rain VIPS New event

credit : vipsvips / ratoka-rainlegend

수험생 여러분, 수고하셨습니다! 그 동안 열심히 공부하느라 스트레스 팍팍 쌓이셨죠? 지금 수능 수험표를 들고 VIPS 매장을 방문하시면 샐러드 바 1인 무료~<단, 성인 3~5인-1장, 6인 이상 2장까지 사용> http://twitpic.com/7c1fxs

443485936.jpg

11-11-05 Rain coupang site Cap picture

source : http://www.coupang.com/promotion.pang?coupang_promotion_v1#

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

11-11-05 Rain coupang wallaper

source : http://www.coupang.com/promotion.pang?coupang_promotion_v1#

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

1-11-04 Rain Coupang CF Making picture

credit as tagged

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

11-11-05 Rain Coupang banner

credit : naver

*quoted image*

credits:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

anjjo, thanks for posting all these Coupang stuff. Truly a star-studded line-up for this CF...........because of these (2) big stars. Seeing RAIN here - I could only say, he's so adorable & handsome. And KTH is beautiful. She's elegant and has graceful style. It warms your heart just by looking at them. I just giggle watching them. Aish…….I'd always choose RAIN............if I had to. This is another contract for RAIN – wondering how long this will be, huh – 6mos / 1year (?) - He deserves every penny. I’m sure his contract here is again on top level compensation in the industry. :lol:

South Korean star Rain adjusting well to army life

Agence France-Presse

November 9, 2011

rain-kpop1.jpg

South Korean pop star Rain

SEOUL, South Korea – Fans wept as he was drafted into the army last month but South Korean pop sensation Rain is apparently adjusting well to military life.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-Hoon, will become an assistant instructor next month at the boot camp which he entered in October, the defence ministry said Wednesday.

“Assistant instructors are chosen based on outstanding training results and their willingness, and Jung has shown that,” a ministry spokesman told Agence France-Presse.

Rain was recently also named top marksman at the camp.

The 29-year-old singer has a huge following across Asia.

Many fans, including hundreds from elsewhere in Asia, burst into tears when he entered the camp to start his 22-month mandatory military service.

South Korea, which has remained technically at war with North Korea since their 1950-1953 conflict, requires all eligible men to serve in the military, although candidates can defer their service.

Source:http://entertainment.inquirer.net/20283/south-korean-star-rain-adjusting-well-to-army-life

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain to serve as army training assistant

By JONATHAN M. HICAP

November 10, 2011

rain_12.jpg

Rain in the military (Photos courtesy of www.newsen.com)

MANILA, Philippines – Asian pop star Rain has been chosen as assistant instructor at Korean Army’s 5th Infantry Division recruit training center.

It’s been a month since Rain enlisted in the military last Oct. 11 where he will serve for two years.

Rain was reportedly picked as assistant instructor because of his excellent shooting skills and outstanding performance as trainee.

During a shooting exercise last Oct. 26, Rain reportedly hit the bull’s eye 19 out of the 20 day training exercises and a perfect 10 out of 10 in nighttime training.

He was ranked in the top 3 among the 140 trainees that participated. Of the 140, 98 or 70 percent passed the shooting test with at least 60 percent accuracy.

Rain will finish his training on Nov. 14. After undergoing further training for three weeks, the singer will start as full training assistant on Dec. 9.

“After he finishes his own basic military training, he will be deployed as an assistant instructor on December 9,” KBS Global website quoted a Korean military official as saying.

The official added, “The assistant instructors at the training camp are mostly model soldiers. Rain completed his own training program with an excellent score while perfectly leading others and he also applied for the position, so we selected him as the assistant instructor.”

Hundreds of fans went to the 306 Reserve Forces in Uijeongbu, Korea last Oct. 11 to bid Rain goodbye before the latter entered the military training camp.

Rain has achieved fame to become one of the most successful Korean artists in the last decade.

Besides his singing career, he has crossed over to acting. Rain was picked as the No. 1 most influential person in the world in the 2011 TIME 100 Poll readers’ choice this year.

Rain will be discharged from the military on July 10, 2013.

Source:http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/340757/rain-serve-army-training-assistant

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

More pics Anchor Beer Ad

2011-11-11

c0047605_8365088.jpg

c0047605_837688.jpg

Source:rainstorm.exblog

[Nov-11-2011] 3.61ton rice garlands donated by Rain will be used to help Hungry Children.

20111111_1320965697_54833100_1.jpg

3.61ton rice garlands donated by singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon) who was about to be enlisted, will be used for preventing starvation, and will go to the Salvation Army and Aemin Child Care Service in Chooncheon city.

According to Rice Dreamie side on the 11th, 500g of totalling 3.610kg rice garlands intended to support singer Rain, were delivered to Aemin Child Care Service in Chooncheon city last 10th.

1,555kg donated to a task force to prevent starvation, will be used for teen heads of household through a charity event which will be held at Kyemyung Culture College in Daegu city upcoming 17th.

Also, 1,555kg donated to the Salvation Army, will be used for hungry children through a charity event where the charity pot will be opened at Seoul Plaza upcoming December 1st.

3.610kg rice garlands donated by Rain were collected by his fans both at home and abroad and were brought to the site where his concert 'RAIN THE BEST SHOW' was held in Seoul's Olympic Gymnastics Stadium last September 24 and 25, with his upcoming concert and military service.

The garlands intended to support Rain who was about to be enlisted and have his concert, were full of supportive messages from his multinational fans belonging to their fan clubs, such as his official fan club 'Cloud', fan cafe 'benamoo', DC Inside Rain Gallery, etc. including several foreign fan clubs, "I will not change my mind whatever may happen for two years, so please have fun and take care." etc.

Meanwhile, Rain who was given military training and scored high in rifle drills, etc. has been selected as a teaching assistant and will be reassigned to the section involved on the 9th of next month.

Credit to TV Report http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=213&aid=0000153539

English translation by rain bird.

[Translation] Recruits’ placement after training

We have all read the news about our prince being selected as Assistant Training Officer (or Assistant Instructor or Teaching Assistant). This is the highest ranking/placement for a recruit who completed his training. Korean fans have found out the ranking/placing chart as follows:

신교대 수료 마치고

0순위 : 신병교육대 조교차출 및 A+급 애들은 우선 선점, 다 뽑음

1순위 : 헌병대(키, 외모봄)

2순위 : 공병, 의병, 통신대대 등(자격증따짐)

3순위 : 수색대(운동경력,키,덩치,무술자격증)

4순위 : 전차대

5순위 : 기타 보병대대

나머지 : 포병

Korean to Chinese: @偶爱2B薰

After the recruits have completed their training, the selection process to assign them to different units will be based on the following grading:

0 : Teaching Assistant for new recruits. This assignment has the first priority in the selection process. Only recruits who have achieved A+ results will be considered.

1: Military police. (Height, appearance)

2: Military engineer, medical, communication etc. (qualification certificate)

3: Search team (sports experience, height, body built, martial arts certificate)

4: Tank unit

5: Other infantry units

The rest: artillery

It will be difficult work ahead. But this is our prince - he always chooses a difficult road and does his best. So proud of our prince!

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1781&board_id=b_08042315352775

[Translation] Recruits’ placement after training

We have all read the news about our prince being selected as Assistant Training Officer (or Assistant Instructor or Teaching Assistant). This is the highest ranking/placement for a recruit who completed his training. Korean fans have found out the ranking/placing chart as follows:

신교대 수료 마치고

0순위 : 신병교육대 조교차출 및 A+급 애들은 우선 선점, 다 뽑음

1순위 : 헌병대(키, 외모봄)

2순위 : 공병, 의병, 통신대대 등(자격증따짐)

3순위 : 수색대(운동경력,키,덩치,무술자격증)

4순위 : 전차대

5순위 : 기타 보병대대

나머지 : 포병

Korean to Chinese: @偶爱2B薰

After the recruits have completed their training, the selection process to assign them to different units will be based on the following grading:

0 : Teaching Assistant for new recruits. This assignment has the first priority in the selection process. Only recruits who have achieved A+ results will be considered.

1: Military police. (Height, appearance)

2: Military engineer, medical, communication etc. (qualification certificate)

3: Search team (sports experience, height, body built, martial arts certificate)

4: Tank unit

5: Other infantry units

The rest: artillery

It will be difficult work ahead. But this is our prince - he always chooses a difficult road and does his best. So proud of our prince!

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1781&board_id=b_08042315352775

jini, thanks for posting this info here. Thanks huhuhuhu for doing the translation again for us. I think all these are referring to "Army" unit - (or do I stand corrected? -) Hmmm..........RAIN's deployment to the AF Div. is quite slim, huh? I hope I'm wrong................ :sweatingbullets:

November 11, 2011

Rain adjusting well to Army life

[TALK OF THE TOWN: KOREA]

군 복무중인 가수 비가 맡을 보직은…

10201912.jpg

Fans wept as he was drafted into the Army last month but Korean pop sensation Rain is apparently adjusting well to military life. Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, will become an assistant instructor next month at the boot camp which he entered in October, the Ministry of National Defense said Wednesday.

“Assistant instructors are chosen based on outstanding training results and their willingness, and Jung has shown that,” a ministry spokesman told AFP. Rain was recently also named top marksman at the camp.

Many fans, including hundreds from elsewhere in Asia, burst into tears when he entered the camp to start his 22-month mandatory military service.

Korea, which has remained technically at war with North Korea since their 1950-53 conflict, requires all eligible men to serve in the military, although candidates can defer their service.

AFP

Credit : JoongangDaily

[Nov-11-2011]<Eng.trans>The brief news about how Rain is getting along at the military. (from DC)

[A]

Today is November 5th.

Our clerks and jerks is on vacation, so one (senior) soldier is working on military affairs alone.

Since more than 10,000 letters (of encouragement) only to Rain have poured in (from all over the country), the letter I receive, pushed back so far, has finally arrived.

내칭구오빠가 지금전방쪽에 군복무중인데ㅋㅋ

비느가 맨첨엔 거기서 말을잘안햇데..ㅋ

그러다가 선임한테 처음한말이...ㅋ

밥좀 더달라는 말이엇데ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

My friend's elder brother is serving in the military on the front.

According to her brother, Rain was hardly speaking to anyone at first..

And then one day and Rain broke the silence and finally talked to his senior soldier, "Would you please ladle out some more rice for me?"

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=315374&page=2&bbs=

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=315394&page=1&bbs=

English translation by rain bird

South Korean star Rain adjusting well to army life

Agence France-Presse

November 9, 2011

*quoted image*

South Korean pop star Rain

SEOUL, South Korea – Fans wept as he was drafted into the army last month but South Korean pop sensation Rain is apparently adjusting well to military life.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-Hoon, will become an assistant instructor next month at the boot camp which he entered in October, the defence ministry said Wednesday.

“Assistant instructors are chosen based on outstanding training results and their willingness, and Jung has shown that,” a ministry spokesman told Agence France-Presse.

Rain was recently also named top marksman at the camp.

South Korea, which has remained technically at war with North Korea since their 1950-1953 conflict, requires all eligible men to serve in the military, although candidates can defer their service.

Source:http://entertainment.inquirer.net/20283/south-korean-star-rain-adjusting-well-to-army-life

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain to serve as army training assistant

By JONATHAN M. HICAP

November 10, 2011

*quoted image*

Rain in the military (Photos courtesy of www.newsen.com)

MANILA, Philippines – Asian pop star Rain has been chosen as assistant instructor at Korean Army’s 5th Infantry Division recruit training center.

It’s been a month since Rain enlisted in the military last Oct. 11 where he will serve for two years.

Rain was reportedly picked as assistant instructor because of his excellent shooting skills and outstanding performance as trainee.

During a shooting exercise last Oct. 26, Rain reportedly hit the bull’s eye 19 out of the 20 day training exercises and a perfect 10 out of 10 in nighttime training.

He was ranked in the top 3 among the 140 trainees that participated. Of the 140, 98 or 70 percent passed the shooting test with at least 60 percent accuracy.

Rain will finish his training on Nov. 14. After undergoing further training for three weeks, the singer will start as full training assistant on Dec. 9.

“After he finishes his own basic military training, he will be deployed as an assistant instructor on December 9,” KBS Global website quoted a Korean military official as saying.

The official added, “The assistant instructors at the training camp are mostly model soldiers. Rain completed his own training program with an excellent score while perfectly leading others and he also applied for the position, so we selected him as the assistant instructor.”

Hundreds of fans went to the 306 Reserve Forces in Uijeongbu, Korea last Oct. 11 to bid Rain goodbye before the latter entered the military training camp.

Rain has achieved fame to become one of the most successful Korean artists in the last decade.

Besides his singing career, he has crossed over to acting. Rain was picked as the No. 1 most influential person in the world in the 2011 TIME 100 Poll readers’ choice this year.

Rain will be discharged from the military on July 10, 2013.

Source:http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/340757/rain-serve-army-training-assistant

anjjo, so good to know that the military department is updating news about the stars on a regular basis now. That’s why many people showed interest in RAIN’s military life. It is helping young men in their 20s & those who are about to enlist think military life is cool and honourable. :lol:

Coupang CF making part2

credit : coupang

My link

jini, thanks for posting this video here. RAIN doesn’t need to wear any insoles to add to his height - hehehe. :sweatingbullets:

[11-11] HQ - Rain VIPS picture

Credit : DC / ratoka-rainlegend

VIP_1.jpg