Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

<Update>

[Oct-14-2011] How well does Rain serve in the army? He's getting along just fine.

20111014_1318552556_87729200_1.jpg

201110141027241001_1.jpg

201110141021501001_1.jpg

201110141025181001_1.jpg

PYH2011101402680006000_P2.jpg

PYH2011101402630006000_P2.jpg

PYH2011101402650006000_P2.jpg

PYH2011101402670006000_P2.jpg

PYH2011101402640006000_P2.jpg

Singer and actor Rain (his real name, 'Jung Ji Hoon', 29 ) inducted into the army last 11th, is serving in the army healthily.

The site where more than 1,900 recruits including Rain were being classified into certain types of the units in 충효예 hall ('Choong Hyo Ye', a phonetic spelling of 충효예 / the meaning of the words is fealty, the duty of obedience to parents, and courtesy) inside boot camp 305 in Kyugkido's Uijeongbu City, was released to the media on the 14th at 8:30am.

One official from the army, gave a hint to reporters asking about Rain, "He has not yet begun to undergo military education in earnest, but as you see, he's getting along just fine." On the day, Rain was seen to be an imposing figure with his beret on.

Meanwhile, with both their parents looking forward to seeing the site and the recruits in attendance, this classification proceeded via computer catalog system. Rain has been dispatched to an unit called 'Key' belonging to 5th Platoon of 5th Company of the Training Batallion for newly-enrolled-soldiers.

The recruits including Rain who were classified into certain types of the units, will receive their military basic education in the Training Batallion involved for 8 weeks from October 17th. They'll retire from the army on 10 July 2013.

Credit to TV report http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=213&aid=0000145124 http://news.nate.com/view/20111014n05890

Photo credit as tagged.

English translation by rain bird.

Willenette, thank you so much!!! He looks so dashing in uniform!

He was the one facing the crowd doing hand salute, right? And I was smiling to myself upon seeing the trainees with such delight knowing it's Jung Ji Hoon. Rain's charisma worked again turning them into fanboys :-D

Hi kswoppa - :)

Rain shines at the training base

photo200379.jpg

A picture of singer and actor Rain (Jeong Ji-hoon) entering the training base has been revealed.

On October 13th a message board posted a picture of him entering the training base. He was admitted to the Euijeongbu 306 training base on October 11th with the farewell of 1000 or so fans.

In the picture, Rain is listening to instructions before entering the base. Even amongst several people, Rain is spotted right away. Although he has short hair and is looking quite nervous, his appearance and height stand out enough for the fans to catch him.

Those who have seen the picture say, "His posture's so upright I can spot him right away", "I can see him bum from here, nice!", "Do your best" and more.

Meanwhile, after four days of lecturing at the 306 base, he will be dispatched to a basic training camp for five weeks, then will be serving 21 months as an active soldier.

Right before he entered the base, Rain revealed his short hair to his fans who were waiting for him and said, "Thank you, I feel like I made such a fuss, I'll be back soon".

photo200380.jpg

photo200378.jpg

photo200377.jpg

photo200376.jpg

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

[Oct-14-2011] Rain is nervous the moment when he is dispatched to an unit.

My link

1318558316_216004.jpg

With more than 1,900 recruits including Rain in attendance, the units the recruits was dispatched to, were openly and randomly selected by computer on, in boot camp 305 in Kyugkido's Uijeongbu City on the 14th at 9:00am.

It was plain to see Rain was nervous the moment when he was dispatched to an unit via the random computer classification.

Rain dispatched to unit 'Key' belonging to 5th Platoon of 5th Company, will receive his military basic education in the Training Batallion involved for 8 weeks first, and then he is to be redeployed elsewhere via the random computer classification and will serve in the army there for about 2 years.

Credit to TV Edaily http://news.nate.com/view/20111014n09925

Up by wawa 2009100 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGDtfG3Fd1E

Brief translation by rain bird.

[Oct-14-2011] <Notice from raina-cloud>The result of Rain's unit disposition & his upcoming scheduled activities.

Hi, we're 8th term Cloud executive board.

Marking his third day ((the 14th) of being called into boot camp 305, his unit disposition results are in.

The followings are extracts from newspaper articles.

* Rain has been deployed in unit Key (열쇠부대) belonging to 5th Division of 6th Corps located in Kyunkido region's Yoncheongun.

Mark.jpg

* The expected schedule of Rain.

1) the 14th : He'll move to his unit after the release ceremony about 1:00pm after lunch.

2) He'll receive his military base education in the Training Batallion inside his unit "Key" belonging to 5th Division for 8 weeks from the 17th.

3) His military service location will lastly be confirmed after the random computer classification based on below regimental level about September 12.

4) He'll serve in the army in his final place of military until he is separated from the army.

5) He'll retire from the army on 10 July (Wed) 2013.

Details of his final military place address will be noticed soon.

We hope you'll support him a lot.

Thank you.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08062719294427&ref=4346&page=

[Oct-14-2011] <Notice from raina-cloud>The result of Rain's unit disposition & his upcoming scheduled activities.

Marking his third day ((the 14th) of being called into boot camp 305, his unit disposition results are in.

* Rain has been deployed in unit Key (열쇠부대) belonging to 5th Division of 6th Corps located in Kyunkido region's Yoncheongun.

*quoted image*

1) the 14th : He'll move to his unit after the release ceremony about 1:00pm after lunch.

2) He'll receive his military base education in the Training Batallion inside his unit "Key" belonging to 5th Division for 8 weeks from the 17th.

3) His military service location will lastly be confirmed after the random computer classification based on below regimental level about September 12.

4) He'll serve in the army in his final place of military until he is separated from the army.

Thank you.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08062719294427&ref=4346&page=

anjjo, thanks for posting this here. Wondering what does #4 mean? :unsure:

*** RAIN looks HOT always even in military uniform. :sweatingbullets:

Photos emerge of Rain in the army

201110141000571001_1.jpg

‘World star’ Rain bid farewell to his celebrity life a few days ago, but it seems like the celebrity life isn’t quite ready to let go of him.

Photos have been emerging on numerous Korean media outlets of Rain at his army training camp. Dressed in uniform and paying close attention to his officers, Rain looks every bit like the attentive, solemn soldier.

The army revealed the 1,400 soldiers that were recruited on the 11th of this month, which included Rain. He was placed in 5th rank and will begin training with the rest of the soldiers on the 17th of this month.

20111013_bi_army1-150x150.jpg20111013_bi_army4-150x150.jpg

Source + Image: Nate / allkpop

The Asian superstar thanked his fans for their support over the years

E14AB4884826D930D5355A7D1FD3.jpg

Fans of Asian superstar Rain (also known as Jung Ji-Hoon) will have to wait two years for his return.

The 29-year-old officially enlisted for military service yesterday morning and briefly met fans and journalists from all over the world, after signing up at a training camp in the city of Uijeongbu.

Some of his fans went with placards bearing phrases like "We will always remember Rain", "Waiting for your return", and "[We will] keep on supporting you even when you're in military service", to show their support for their idol.

Around 1pm, Rain reappeared with a military buzz cut and was surprised to see so many people at the venue.

The singer smiled at the cheering crowd, fighting back tears as he said, "Thank you everybody for being here today. I'm sorry I am a little emotional today. I will do my best during my military service."

Rain then gave his fans a military salute and thanked them with a bow, "Thank you for the care you have shown me over the past ten years."

His fans supported him by shouting his name "Jung Ji-Hoon" and applauding.

Rain will be going through five weeks of basic military training before starting his two-year mandatory military duties. The superstar will return to showbiz once he has completed two years of mandatory military service.

Credit : http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=5393447

Do we need Full House Season 2 ?

Do we need Full House Season 2 ?

Of course, if the story is related to the original Full House (2004) and Rain plus Song Hye Kyo still the lead cast , that would be awesome.

But, there’s no Rain and Song Hye Kyo.

Instead we get No Min Woo (Midas, My Girlfriend is Gumiho) and Hwang Jung Eum (Can You Hear My Heart) as the main pairing for Full House Season 2.

The story has not yet been explained to the press , but today there’s a small clue along with the news that Jo Yoon Hee (Lie To Me) will join as the second leading lady named Jin Se Ryeong, Korean actress who successfully launched her Hollywood career and becomes big star.

She then goes back to Korea after she heard the news about her ex-lover’s engagement. Together with her ex (Tae Ik) which will be played by No Min Woo, they involve in love triangle.

What a boring story !

And without Rain and Song Hye Kyo, why does the production team call it Full House Season 2 ?

Ohh, maybe Hye Kyo will make cameo ? Or maybe they will use that iconic house ? Ha !

In positive thinking way, when everything becomes clear, we’ll surely find out the relation.

Source : Newsen / koreanvibe

*** In the picture, Rain looks so manly and extraordinary while standing with other recruits. He looks so strong. Sigh………it looks like he is shooting a movie. Wherever he is, he is always shining. I hope he does well and makes some close bonds! :sweatingbullets:

[10-14] [New]111011 Rain inside military camp

credit as tagged / ratoka-rainlegend

MS_5.jpg

With more than 1,900 recruits including Rain in attendance, the units the recruits was dispatched to, were openly and randomly selected by computer on, in boot camp 305 in Kyugkido's Uijeongbu City on the 14th at 9:00am.

It was plain to see Rain was nervous the moment when he was dispatched to an unit via the random computer classification.

Rain dispatched to unit 'Key' belonging to 5th Platoon of 5th Company, will receive his military basic education in the Training Batallion involved for 8 weeks first,and then he is to be redeployed elsewhere via the random computer classification and will serve in the army there for about 2 years.

Willenette, Sorry to cut your post .... but could you enlighten me here please? I'm a bit confused now....so after the training for 8 weeks, that's the time they will know as to where they will be deployed and they can't choose what station or department they want but they will be chosen randomly by computer? Is that why Rain said before he doesn't know where he will be stationed because of this? Is this the new regulation or rule?

Rain is placed in the 5th division for both new recruit training and camp unit

October 14, 2011

8%285%29.jpg

Rain is going to do his military duties in the 5th division of new recruit training academy and the 5th camp unit.

On the 14th at Uijeongbu-shi, Kyungki-do, troop sorting was proceeded for about 1900 of new recruits including Rain.

Rain was selected as one of the representative new recruits and input random numbers for random sorting. Rain said, “I am Jeong Ji Hoon as a representative new recruit, and I will input 7 random numbers,” with imposing and clear voice.

After the random sorting, Rain was placed into the 5th division of new recruit training academy and the 5th camp unit. During the random number input, he made a mistake pressing a button of sorting machine and made everyone laugh.

The troop sorting was proceeded as random sorting by inputting random numbers to the sorting machine while new recruits and their parents were watching. Each of total 8 people, four representatives of parents and four representatives of new recruits, input one random number (total 8 random number) to decide the new recruits’ camp units.

They will be placed into the final camps by one more random sorting during the new recruit training.

Meanwhile, the new recruits including Rain will take courses at the new recruit training academy for next 8 weeks in different divisions from the 17th. They will serve the army until July 10, 2013.

Source: TV Report

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hwang Jung-eum, No Min-woo to hold off "Full House" sequel

noh_hwang2.jpg

Actress Hwang Jung-eum and actor No Min-woo will temporarily hold off on their decision to star in the sequel to 2004 smash hit TV series "Full House."

A press release by the two's agency Core Contents Media said the decision comes due to their difference in opinion with the show's producer.

"We are still talking with the producer but the characters Hwang and No are supposed to play don't go with their images," read the statement.

The original series, starring singer-actor Jung Ji-hoon and actress Song Hye-kyo, was based on 16-volume comic series by Won Soo-yeon which was popular among Korean readers from when it started to be published in 1994.

No, who debuted in 2004, made his name known more recently through TV series "Pasta" (MBC, 2010) and "Midas" (SBS, 2011).

Hwang, debuted as a singer in 2002 but gained recognition after appearing in MBC reality show "We are Married" in 2009 with her boyfriend Kim Yong-joon of male group SG Wannabe.

Her last acting gig was in MBC TV series "Listen to My Heart" this year with actors Kim Jae-won and Namgung Min.

Source: 10.asiae.co.kr

Noh Min-woo and Hwang Jung-eum un-confirm Full House 2

by javabeans | October 13, 2011

javabeans: Okay, the news is that this casting for Full House 2 has been deferred, not outright cancelled. But with Noh Min-woo signing onto a different series and Hwang Jung-eum enjoying such a rise in popularity, I don’t know if they’ll stick around indefinitely for a drama that’s been “in the works” for basically seven years.

girlfriday: I knew it was a fat chance in hell that drama would get its act together.

javabeans: I was actually more surprised at the idea that it would go through as planned. Plus, word is that Noh and Hwang had a “big difference of opinion” with producers regarding the characters and the show.

girlfriday: Oh, that’s not a good sign, from the get-go.

javabeans: Or maybe the vampire love just seduced Noh Min-woo away. It can be pretty persuasive, I hear.

girlfriday: Dude, it’s a better drama. At least I think so.

javabeans: …having seen neither, you mean?

girlfriday: Yes, exactly. Don’t you think he was born to play a vampire?

javabeans: Well, yes. Clearly.

girlfriday: I honestly didn’t even like him until he did Rock, Rock, Rock. I used to think he was…

javabeans: A talentless pretty boy with a bad haircut? He was SO STIFF as Gumiho Hunter.

girlfriday: He was downright constipated.

javabeans: This just goes to show how important good casting is. It’s like Park Shi-yeon in Coffee House for me.

fullhouse31.jpg

girlfriday: I look forward to many many episodes of him rockin’ out, which is clearly his forte. Not that I don’t think he could branch out. I didn’t catch Midas (it bored the crap out of me), but it’s not a stretch for him to play the pretty playboy. What concerns me about this drama is not so much the cast, but the been-there-done-that-ness of the story.

javabeans: If it’s too much like Full House, then we’ll be bored to tears. If it’s not at all like Full House…then what’s the point?

girlfriday: Right? So then why even bother calling it Refill House, if it’s just going to be like any other drama that has totally new characters with a Full-House-esque plot?

javabeans: Ugh, I just had a thought: Totally new cast, new story, same damn house. That’s what they’re gonna do, aren’t they?

girlfriday: Pwahaha. That hadn’t even occurred to me. Oh sigh.

javabeans: How’re you gonna cheat the heroine out of her family home this time, drama? Let me guess: She has these friends…

girlfriday: Or maybe this one’ll have a degenerate father or a really bad cousin who gambles away the house

javabeans: An irresponsible fourth cousin twice removed?

girlfriday: Yes, who HAPPENS to come upon her house deed, just lying about, as deeds are wont to do.

javabeans: He could steal her seal, all 49 Days-like.

girlfriday: And then BAM! French maid outfit. No, wait… why’s she gotta be the maid? How ‘bout this time, it’s reversed, and the hero loses the house and ends up as the houseboy!

javabeans: And she’s the big movie star? Wait, they did that in Star’s Lover. But this time it won’t be a tearjerker.

girlfriday: What, you’re asking a drama that calls itself Full House 2 to be original?

javabeans: Touché.

Via Star News//dramabeans

Hi bbly, Rain is really worthy of our support no matter in what capacity we can, and we're truly proud to be his fans. :D

His friends and colleagues are sad and miss him, how much more, we, his clouds. :tears:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-10-12 Rain inside the Camp

2011-10-12

credit as tagged/ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

先发张截图吧,哎,各位看到大爷了么。。俺心里又开始疼了

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, of course he is worth of our support and our love! And our prayers and good wishes will be with him.

Rain really stands out due to his height where ever he is.

[10-13] 11-10-07 Rain with Jang Keun Suk and Friends in Busan (farewell meeting)

credit as tagged / ratoka-rainlegend

*quoted image*

Nice seeing him with KSA together and that they kept their friendship!

[Oct-13-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's interview with SBS TV "Hanbam"_ Woman's most striking features to Rain, are her personality, eyes, and teeth.

Aired on 12 October.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/3oenZ5TcuOQ/

*quoted image*

~0:11

Singer Bi (Rain) or actor 'Jung Ji Hoon'.

After 10 years of debuting, he has become a go-getter to dominate the world.

SBS TV's HanBam (Midnight Entertainment news) got an exclusive interview with Rain.

0:14~0:24

Rain : Hi, everyone. This is 'Jung Ji Hoon'

Long time no see.

This is the day that my everything opens to you.

Now Power Interview begins.

0:29~0:34

Reporter : I hear Rain has just arrived. I'll have an interview with him as soon as he shows up.

0:44

R : I'm very pleased to see you, Rain.

0:47

R : Would you hold this (mike) for me? Busan Woman ~~

9:50

- Reporter 'Ji Young' welcoming Rain who has just arrived from a visit to Pusan city -

0:53

Rain : Would you stop it now?

0:56

Rain : It seems to be rather forward of me to be interviewed with earphones.

Sorry to trouble you..

0:59

- The world star impressing us as a decent man -

1:04

R: They respond well to your airport style of management.

Do you often think of your physical appearance when you shows up at the airport?

1:06

Rain : Of course I do (in a jovial manner)

1:08

R : What is the concept of your airport clothes today?

1:13~1:19

Rain : In fact, I wore these clothes even when I left yesterday.

I want to be casually dressed like this.

1:21

R : Are you helped by your stylist usually?

1:23

Rain : As you know, I'm about to enter the army, therefore, my stylist tries not to take care of me very often now.

1:29

R: Let me flick the dust off your shirt.

1:33

- Embarrassment flashed across his face. -

1:35

R : I don't think that's an intention !! I'll flick it off your shirt.

1:37

Rain : That's okay, I'll do it.

1:41~1:50

- He is not resting on his laurels after the success as an actor and singer.

He has since moved on, enjoying immense success in Hollywood -

1:53

- Jagiya Talk! - (= sweetie or honey talk)

1:55

R : Jagiya (Sweetie), tell me on a scale of one to three what is her most striking feature to you when you meet a woman?

1:58~2:02

Rain : Her personality, eyes, and teeth.

2:03

R : Why?

2:03~2:11

Rain : I believe that people's eyes are reflected in their hearts, so when I meet a woman, I become interested in her eyes, and my gaze settle on her teeth before I know it.

2:13

R : When are you attracted to a woman?

2:14~2:20

Rain : When a unexpected physical contact happens to me, and when she smiles whatever I say.

2:21~2:27

R : Is there any woman you can't have a way with?

Rain : Not at all. There is no such woman that I can't have a way with in the world.

2:30~2:33

R: Is there any woman to send you a letter when you serve in the army?

Rain : Sure. There are countless women to do so.

2:35

PD : Are you ready?

R : Yes, everything is ready.

2:38~44

Rain : I used to burst into a laugh and make mistakes whenever I heard these noises while I was filming a movie.

2:44

Rain : It's not much fun..I thin It might be edited.

2:45

R : You won't hear those noises over the next two years.

2:49

- Just then, his face has stiffened -

2:55~3:08

- Rain met SBS's HanBam for the first time in April, 2002.

Rain : I want to be acknowledged as a good vocalist first, and I want to be such a wonderful entertainer in every way. So I'll do my best to show you my evolution in various fields

3:12~3:17

Rain : I promised my late mother I would be sure to win this Grand Award to dedicate it to her. (in 2004)

3:18

- Rain was the first Korean star to give a performance in New York, 2006.

3:26

- He starred in hollywood movie 'Ninja Assassin' in 2009 -

3:30

- He won a MTV Movie Award - Biggest Badass Star award in 2010.

3:35~44

Rain : I couldn't tell if I was awake or dreaming..Many celebrities, the objects of my envy in my boyhood, and I sat next to each other at that time, but it still hasn't hit me yet.

3:45

R : They say that it is no longer necessary for Rain to achieve success by the sweat of his brow. What do you want to do in the future?

3:47~4:06

Rain ; There are many things I want to do.

I want to engage in various entertainment activities in each local language, such as Chinese or Japanese. While I'm at it, I want to win an Oscar or Grammy award.

4:09~4:16

- The person who can beat Rain is just Rain himself.

Rain is the greatest dancer of our time and this generation's ultimate icon.

4:20

R : Would you choose the three best choreographies of yours?

4:23

Rain : In third place is 'How to avoid the Sun' choreography.

4:27

Guest : That shirt was sold a lot at that time (laughing)

4:29~4:55

Rain : When my company chose that song as my title track, I thought its melody was rather too literal and there was even a bored feeling in it.

So I made the song come alive with a choreography.

4:56~5:04

Rain : I danced to a pop music for 30 seconds.

In second place is that dance movement.

5:05~

- The work was the beginning of his fame -

5:11~5:29

Rain : I think that movement called 'Three Breaks' impressed them with its intense simplicity. Guests had begun such opening dances on every TV show program since then.

5:22

Rain : That lingers long in my memory.

5:32

R : What choreography has ranked top?

5:33

Rain : Not to mention Rainism choreography has come out at the top.

5:48

- Rainism was born as Rain had to do all that alone after parting ways with his former company -

5:50~6:10

Rain ; I think I was up at night making the song.

This is a simple movement which indicates the start of the song by striking my palm and fist together repeatedly.

Actually, It was created while I was kidding around and joking.

6:13

Rain : I was able to get the royalties from the song for the first time.

6:19

Rain : Rainism is my most memorable song.

6:21

R : Now you are about to live a turbulent life.

6:25~6:31

Rain : I have to be more adaptable,,I think entering the army increases chances of success for me.

6:36~6:44

R: How will you get along with your senior soldiers who are younger than you?

Rain ; I'm second to none in kneeling down before them, (in giving a complete obedience to their authority) I'll do whatever they say.

6:45

R : Your future senior soldier has all but had a stroke of luck.

6:46~6:51

R : Many stars are encouraging you via videos

6:52

Rain : Please tell me who they are.

6:56

R : "Oppa (Rain), please don't forget that we are always by you" from Girl Generation.

6:58

Rain : I'll arrange this on top of my compartment when I serve in the army.

7:03

R : "I love you oppa forever." from Secret.

7:08

Rain : I'll coat and arrange all of them on top of my compartment.

7:11

R : Can you do that too?

7:15

Rain : I mean it..

7:17~23

Rain: I want to set up a health group for soldiers in the army.

I plan to make them exercise to strengthen their stomach muscles for 30 minutes before they go to bed every day, for 2 hours every Sunday, each.

7:26~49

Rain : I'll be 'Jung Ji Hoon' (Rain) who works hard in a more mature manner.

Entering the army at my age makes me embarrassed and sorry.

It's true that I feel pressure from the overmuch concern on my entering the army.

Anyway, I'll be back after working hard to serve in the army well.

Please be happy and healthy..I'll see you one year and nine months later.

Thank you.

7:54~8:05

Two days before entering the army, Rain gave a great performance before his fans.

We offer up our prayers for his safe return.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8:12~33

Stars gathered together at Haeundae's snack stall in Busan city for singer and actor Rain who is set to enter the army upcoming 11th. In the gathering, Hanryu star 'Jang Geun Seok', actor 'Goh Soo', actor 'Jung Seok Won' working with Rain on film "Flight: Close to thte Sun", and actress 'Jim Sun Ah' participated.

8:34~39

Rain : I was really glad to see them again after all those years and we had a great time that night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8:40~9:02

Rain was called into the draft 306 in Euijungbu city yesterday (11 October).

A big crowd was gathered in front of the drafts to see him.

There were more than 1000 fans both at home and abroad.

This showed us that Rain is indeed a world star.

9:12

Oppa! I'll wait for you. Taiwan loves you. I do fealty to you.

9:23

Please take good care of yourself and I'll wait for you.

9:27

Oppa, I love you.

9:37~9:45

Fans gather massed in front of the drafts and rushed for good seats.

9:52~58

On the day, it was the banners that attracted most attention from people.

"I won't change my feet"

"This is the first I'm saying this..Please hold me tight!"

"Two years will fly like an arrow"

"It is even illegal to have a date with a woman in the army. Please just shovel in the yard!"

9:59~10:15

There were many fans who had been waiting for him since the morning of October 10th, and Rain was accompanied by his close acquaintances such as his protege "MBLAQ," popular group's member "Baekga", actor "Jung Seok Won" and more to the front of the drafts.

10:20

Rain's car finally showed up.

10:30

Since the venue was crowded with people, it wasn't easy for him to get out of the car for a while.

10:41

Rain came out finally.

10:41

He remained calm even in a situation.

10:48

A great cheer went up from the crowd.

10:55~10:58

Rain first said thank his fans.

There was a momentary stir in the audience when his closely cropped hair was seen.

11:02~11:16

Rain : Hi, everyone..Thank you for coming.

Anyway, I apologize for any inconvenience this farewell may cause you.

11:19~22

Rain : Anyway, I'll be back after doing the right thing (as a soldier). Thank you.

11:29~11:40

Rain took his hat off and saluted after saying farewell to his fans.

Looking into their faces, so many emotions seemed to cross his mind.

The crowd chanted their hero’s name.

11:42

After he remained silent for a while.

11:47~57

Rain : Thank you for coming today..and thank you for the love many of you have given me over the past decade. See you later.

- He made a bow with some tears in his eyes as if he was overcome with emotion-

12:00

Fans who love him.

12:17

His friends grabbed him in a bear hug and encouraged him.

12:21

His two years will be happy. Within 5 minutes, the poignancy of parting and separation was over.

12:38~52

He left, promising to meet two years later and having many reporters and fans behind him.

Many of his fans seemed to be unable to leave as if something were missing.

12:56~13:02

Baegka, one of his old friends, eventually broke down in tears, and his fans kept shedding tears without end.

13:13

Please cheer up! I love you.

13;16

I'll wait for you.

13:20

Oppa, see you again in Taiwan two years later.

I promise you I'll buy a delicious meal.

13:29

Rain, we'll wait for you.

Credit to http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/3oenZ5TcuOQ/

English translation buy rain bird.

11-10-12 Rain SBS Night of TV entertainment picture

source : sbs // cap by ratoka

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Thank you soooo much for sharing the interview and the caps!

<Update>

[Oct-14-2011] How well does Rain serve in the army? He's getting along just fine.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I don't know what to think about those pictures. He looks tired, but not nervous. He looks serious, like a soldier should be and I admit he looks very good in unifom as a soldier.

*quoted image*

Thank you.

Thanks for sharing this notice! So after 8 weeks training it is the active duty. I hope he will get along well with his other co-soldiers and maybe form some nice friendships for life.

Thank you for more pictures! For sure, Rain stands out as usual. And he looks serious and focused. But it is strange seeing him again after 3 days already. Do you think we will have this kind of press coverage everytime? I mean of course I am sad that he is gone and we won't see him active as a singer/actor. But it would be good if he would be out of the public eye for a while.

RAIN in TIME Magazine

Here's an article about Rain being compared to Elvis Presley drafting in the Army at the height of his career.. saying

"Rain is also in mighty fine pop star company, following on more than fifty years after a certain Elvis Presley was drafted into the U.S. army at the height of his fame. We will miss Rain, but are beyond excited for the music and movies inspired by this experience that will (ahem) pour out of him."

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/11/south-korean-pop-senation-rain-joins-the-army/

anjjo, of course he is worth of our support and our love! And our prayers and good wishes will be with him.

Rain really stands out due to his height where ever he is.

Hi bbly, reports have it that he will get front line assignments, I am not aware what it means but surely he'll be on active duty. I am not worried coz I know he will be taken cared of by our prayers and best wishes. Rain had been exposed to so many obstacles and even if his training then had been for reel and now it's real, the experience is now at his advantage. He is also human and not perfect but as we know him, he is a determined and strong-willed person with the ability to strive for the best in all his endeavors. Lets just wait and see. :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Eng Trans]11-10-15 Rain Dad Talk about Rain (From Twitter)

2011-10-16

t1%2811%29.PNG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15.Oct10.11[pic]BI Rain fly : close to the sun on KBS2

2011-10-16

7bd9841fjw1dm55rbw6waj.jpg

7bd9841fjw1dm55wir3vgj.jpg

7bd9841fjw1dm55yatqanj.jpg

source : KBS2 //Weibo/wawalalal@rain-cloud.co.kr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Full]11-10-14 ETV - Kstar News_Rain enlist to army

2011-10-16

credit : idakoo @ Youku // ratoka @ Youtube

new1.gif

[Oct-16-2011]<Eng.trans>Rain's younger sister Hana's posts about him on Twitter and Cyworld_"Rain is doing just fine, so please don't worry!!"

<Revised>

hannnn.JPG

11-10-15 Rain's picture

클릭하시면 확대된 이미지를 보실 수 있습니다.

저번달인가..무슨 행사있어서 나가기전에 ㅋ

멋있다아~ ㅋㅋ

I guess it was more like last month.

He was photographed just before getting out to follow a schedule...ke

So cool~..keke

Credit :daisybong (Rain's sister) @ twitter http://minihp.cyworld.com/svcs/Image.cy/One/21499826?urlstr=phot&tid=21499826&board_no=10&item_seq=543301498&urlstrsub=phot_short

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-10-15 Hana Talks about Rain.

hana.JPG.

정지훈 (Jung Ji Hoon = Rain)

오늘 소포가 왔다.

받을때 까지는 아무렇지 않았다가

편지 읽고 울었다. ㅠㅠ

세상에서 제일 사랑하는 동생이라고...ㅠ

근데 울다가 백구 목욕 좀 시키라는 말에 빵 터지고 ㅋㅋ

문단속 잘하고, 밤길조심, 차조심 하라고..

완전 잘 지내고 있으니까 걱정하지 말라고..

어제 사진 보니까 그나마 좀 안심이 됐었는데

편지 보니까 더더 안심이 된다.

워낙 적응도 잘 하고 의지도 강하고 뭐든 잘 해내는 오빠니까~^^

(나와는 다른...ㅠㅠ)

암튼,

팬 여러분 오빠 잘 지내고 있다니까 너무 걱정마세요!!

^_______^

I've got a package (from my brother) today.

I didn't care when I received it, but I read his letter in the parcel and promptly burst into tears..ㅠㅠ

He told me in his letter, "You're my most precious sister in the world"..ㅠ

But soon I burst out laughing at being asked to bathe our Baekgu (is a pet name for their white dog General)...ㅋㅋ

I was told to lock the doors securely, be careful of dark roads, and watch out for cars. And, he added one thing, "I'm all right, so don't worry."

It was reassuring to see his photograph in yesterday's paper.

Now I feel safer, reading the letter.

I believe he'll do well because he is great at acclimating himself to new circumstances and can do it well whatever he does.~^^ (He is not as I am..ㅠㅠ)

Every fan of Rain, it is said he's doing just fine, so please don't worry!!

^_______^

11-10-15 Hana Talks about Rain.

아 여러분 ㅠㅠ 장구니도 잘 챙겨주라고 했어요 ㅋㅋ 목욕 시키라는 말이 웃겨서 깜빡했네요 ㅋㅋㅋ

Ah, everyone..ㅠㅠ He even asked me to take care of our dog Janguny (their family dog General)..keke..

I've forgot to tell you the news for laughing at being asked to bathe Janguny ...kekeke

Credit : daisybong @ twitter

http://minihp.cyworld.com/svcs/Image.cy/one/21499826?item_seq=543296612&urlstr=phot&list_type=1&board_no=10&urlstrsub=phot_short

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-10-15 General picture

Credit dasiybong @ twitter

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

All the translations by rain bird.

Willenette, Sorry to cut your post .... but could you enlighten me here please? I'm a bit confused now....so after the training for 8 weeks, that's the time they will know as to where they will be deployed and they can't choose what station or department they want but they will be chosen randomly by computer? Is that why Rain said before he doesn't know where he will be stationed because of this? Is this the new regulation or rule?

Hi pluie, it's OK for cutting my post just to make this short - I do it also most of the time. You know, after reading that 'randomly it would be chosen by computer" I was confused as well - Because what I know & these were done with those celebrities in the past & who are currently serving that at least before their enlistment they know where to go except that knowing where to deploy is really known after the basic training. Like the case of JIS, HB, others, they know what Dept. they were heading.............because in the first place you're required to undergo an exam months before your enlistment. Maybe they have new rule now for new recruits...........We'll wait & see. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Thank you for more pictures! For sure, Rain stands out as usual. And he looks serious and focused. But it is strange seeing him again after 3 days already. Do you think we will have this kind of press coverage everytime? I mean of course I am sad that he is gone and we won't see him active as a singer/actor. But it would be good if he would be out of the public eye for a while.

Hi bbly, this isn't unusual seeing his pictures while he's in the army now - You see, I think we still could get to see more while he's on-training from time to time but when he starts his military service this won't be allowed already unless it's military-related. :sweatingbullets:<_<

RAIN in TIME Magazine

Here's an article about Rain being compared to Elvis Presley drafting in the Army at the height of his career.. saying

"Rain is also in mighty fine pop star company, following on more than fifty years after a certain Elvis Presley was drafted into the U.S. army at the height of his fame. We will miss Rain, but are beyond excited for the music and movies inspired by this experience that will (ahem) pour out of him."

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/11/south-korean-pop-senation-rain-joins-the-army/

pluie, thanks for sharing this news here. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Hi bbly, reports have it that he will get front line assignments, I am not aware what it means but surely he'll be on active duty. I am not worried coz I know he will be taken cared of by our prayers and best wishes. Rain had been exposed to so many obstacles and even if his training then had been for reel and now it's real, the experience is now at his advantage. He is also human and not perfect but as we know him, he is a determined and strong-willed person with the ability to strive for the best in all his endeavors. Lets just wait and see. :lol:

[Full]11-10-14 ETV - Kstar News_Rain enlist to army

2011-10-16

credit : idakoo @ Youku // ratoka @ Youtube

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, "front assignments" meaning all other recruits & those soldiers under your command will be getting orders from you - meaning, everything here will be under your hands when combat arises - This usually happens when you're in an "active-duty soldier", meaning you're on the field & always on assignment instructions from higher ranking. I hope he'll be deployed later on to a lighter load.....Thanks for sharing another version of the clip. Just wondering that I saw here he's leaving riding his white van but how come when he arrived at the camp gate he was in a black van? Ohhh.......maybe he transferred to be with his Dad & Hana after eating their lunch that time. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Rain dispatched to Division 5 of the front line

201110140948111001_1.jpg

Training soldier Rain has been dispatched to Division 5.

In the grouping session held on October 14th at 8:30AM in the 306th training base, Rain was dispatched to the 5th Division base. This process was openly held, equally applied to all new soldiers entering the army.

The 5th Division that Rain is about to enter is located in Gyeonggi Province, Yeoncheon-gun Sinseo-myeon Daegwang-ri. It is the front lines where the temperature drops to minus 30 degrees in the winter and there is a lot of freezing prevention work to be done.

Rain will be trained for eight weeks at the 5th Division base starting on October 17th.

Rain joined the military on October 11th through Euijungbu base 306. After basic military training for five weeks, he will serve as an active soldier until the 10th of July, 2013.

201110140948111001_2.jpg

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema