Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting his tweet. Wondering why the translation says "senior "Se Kyung" when RAIN is older than her, huh? :lol:

willenette, I think the right translation was the one posted by ratoka and done by cloud_ph. http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/cloud_ph/~rkjqE :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain @ クレアスタ Japan Magazine 2011/08 (VOL.5)

ratoka 2011-06-10 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

Source : amazoon // cap by ratoka

m2%282%29.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems this is the correct translation. :lol:

Shin Se Kyung poses sweetly with co-star Rain

June 10, 2011

t2%285%29.jpg

A picture of ‘world-star’ Rain posing next to actress Shin Se Kyung and director Kim Dong Won has been gaining much buzz on the Internet.

On June 10th, Rain tweeted this picture from the set of his upcoming movie, “Emergency: Close to the Sun“. He wrote, “‘Emergency: Close to the Sun’ our cool director and nice, pretty, younger-sister Se Kyung. We are in the middle of filming right now.”

In the picture, the three people are seen sitting side-by-side, posing with the “V” peace sign.

Netizens commented, “Shin Se Kyung, I request a close-up picture,” “I’m looking forward to the movie,” and “I hope you film well.”

Source: OSEN via Nate

Fr.:allkpop

willenette, I think the right translation was the one posted by ratoka and done by cloud_ph. http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/cloud_ph/~rkjqE :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems this is the right translation. :lol:

Shin Se Kyung poses sweetly with co-star Rain

June 10, 2011

*quoted image*

A picture of ‘world-star’ Rain posing next to actress Shin Se Kyung and director Kim Dong Won has been gaining much buzz on the Internet.

On June 10th, Rain tweeted this picture from the set of his upcoming movie, “Emergency: Close to the Sun“. He wrote, “‘Emergency: Close to the Sun’ our cool director and nice, pretty, younger-sister Se Kyung. We are in the middle of filming right now.”

In the picture, the three people are seen sitting side-by-side, posing with the “V” peace sign.

Netizens commented, “Shin Se Kyung, I request a close-up picture,” “I’m looking forward to the movie,” and “I hope you film well.”

Source: OSEN via Nate

Fr.:allkpop

anjjo, thanks also for posting this article here. I really hope & wish now that by this time they could finalize the title of this movie. BTW, I always like this peace sign thing from Koreans - hehehe. :lol:

[June-10-2011] Rain releases a picture of himself and actress 'Shin Se Kyung' and director 'Kim Dong Won' in the middle of filming a movie.

201106100920775174_1.jpg

World star Rain has released a picture of himself with actress 'Shin Se Kyung' and director 'Kim Dong Won', which has attracted attention.

Rain at the height of the movie 'Flight : Close to The Sun' shoot, posted a picture with a message saying "'Flight : Close to the Sun's wonderful director, and my senior 'Se Kyung' who is nice and pretty..We're filming just now." on his Twitter, on the morning of the 10th.

In the picture, the three, including himself, are looking straight ahead, holding up the V sign.

Netizens responded to this picture, "Rain and 'Shin Se Kyung' seem to get along with each other as if they are brother and sister." "I look forawrd to seeing the movie." Please keep up the good work."

Meanwhile, actress 'Shin Se Kyung', actor 'Yu Joon Sahng', actor 'Kim Sung Soo' and so on , including Rain, has been cast in 'Flight : Close to The Sun' directed by 'Kim Dong Won'.

Credit to Osen http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=109&aid=0002219182

Brief translation by rain bird.

Rain poses with Shin Se-gyeong on movie set

***Pls. refer to the picture above *****

Asian superstar Rain has given fans an update on his recent life, posting a picture of himself with actress Shin Se-gyeong on the set of their upcoming movie.

In the photograph uploaded on Rain’s official Twitter account yesterday, the singer-actor is seen making a v-sign with his hands while donned in a suit, with Shin crouching between him and the director of Korean action movie "Take Off: Closer to the Sun" (translated title).

He wrote a comment below saying, "With the director 'Take Off' and the really nice and cute actress Se-gyeong. We are currently filming the movie."

Rain has been working on his latest action pic "Take Off: Closer to the Sun" which is a remake of the 1964 Korean movie "Red Muffler."

The movie tells the story of life, love and comradeship of fighter pilots amid the risky situation on the Korean Peninsula. Rain will play the role of a fighter pilot and Shin is taking on the role of a mechanic.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, has been considered one of biggest stars in Korea and throughout Asia since the start to his solo singing career in 2002. He has also expanded his career into acting, playing several small screen roles such as "Sang Doo! Let's Go to School" and "Full House."

He then made his Hollywood debut in 2008, through the Wachowski Brothers' action pic "Speed Racer" and landed the lead role in martial arts film "Ninja Assassin" a year later.

Shin made her debut in 1998 and rose to stardom with the smash hit sitcom “High Kick 2” which aired from 2009 to 2010. She completed shooting a noir drama film titled “Blue Salt” also starring Song Gang-ho and Chun Jung-myung.

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2011061013454721920

2AM JinWoon's Selca Resembles RAIN?

On June 10th, 2AM memebr Jinwoon posted on his twitter saying,

"Finally today is the performance day >_<!--" along with a cute selca!

201106101551775403_1.jpg

Jinwoon in the picture is showing off his gorgeous looks and shows some angle that resembles to Rain. Fans upon seeing this commented, " somehow looks like Rain, so cute!", 'Good luck to your performance!"

Source: OSEN

Summary by shaynekay@dkpopnews.net

*** IDK & ye, surprised why RAIN's name was included in this poll/survey. It's known that he's not getting any younger but I think he's getting along fine with his age..... except maybe for 1-thing, he's due for enlistment, which make him unhappy - hehehe. :unsure:

2NE1's Dara tops list of "idols not happy with their age"

With many artists having age as a big point regarding their success, or even a cause of supposed controversy, a list has surfaced revealing the top 10 artists who are not happy about their age.

At the top of the list is 2NE1's Dara (26), who along with fellow group member Bom, are regularly mistake for being several years younger, often as young as CL (20). Fellow YG artist G-Dragon (22) is in the top 5, despite being in the middle of the age bracket in Big Bang.

The list is as follows:

1. 2NE1’s Dara (26)

2. After School’s Kahi (30)

3. Big Bang’s G-Dragon (22)

4. BoA (24)

5. JYJ’s Jaejoong (25)

6. KARA’s Seungyeon (22)

7. Rain (28) - (willenette : RAIN will be turning 29 this month/K-calendar computation, he'll be 30)

8. SHINee’s Onew (21)

9. SNSD’s Taeyeon (22)

10. Super Junior’s Leeteuk (27)

Are you surprised that they are unhappy with their age?

Sources: 2NE1 Baidu and YGnatics / koreaboo

[June-10-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_Filming just now.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

"비상... 태양 가까이" 멋진 우리 감독님과 참 착하고 예쁜 동생 세경입니다 ㅋㅋ 지금은 촬영중 ㅎㅎ http://twitpic.com/596k7h

4시간 전

Movie 'Flight : Close to the Sun's wonderful director, and my senior 'Se Kyung' who is nice and pretty..keke

We're filming just now..haha

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/29rain http://twitpic.com/596k7h

English translation by rain bird.

*quoted image*

First of all, can I say I love that look on Rain here: his face, his attitude, his V-Sign, his suit .... just oh la la! blush.gif

And secondly, I am amazed how many different versions we have again for the movie title: Emgergncy - ...., Take Off - .... for goodness sake can they please stick to one official English title?

And the other thing that amazes me how everybody translates the part what Rain wrote about SSK differently. I think he called her "pretty and nice/kind little sister SK" but we got sooo many different versions/translations. :P

Hi bbly, isn't the 3rd person Baekga or I stand corrected (has my eyes failed me again this time?) :unsure:

Edit : sorry, dear, I stand corrected - I really thought all along the one behind him was Baekga - it's one of his dancers, Park KyeongYeo.

*quoted image*

06-10] 11-06-07 Rain was shooting in Jebudo island

Credit : blog.naver.com //raincloudhk / ratoka-rainlegend

*quoted image*

[June-10-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain with his dancers in synchronized form (from his dancer's Twitter)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

gori7911 Park KyeongYeol ( standing just behind Rain)

아직 막내라서그런지 팔의 각이 안사는구나...ㅋㅋㅋ 띵똥! 근데 띵똥이 뭔가요? 드라마에서 나오는건가? http://twitter.com/#!/gori7911

10시간 전

Perhaps because he (Rain) is the youngest of us all, the angle of his arm doesn't coincide with the others'..kekeke...Dingdong! By the way, what is dingdong? Could I only see it on a drama?

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/gori7911 http://twitter.com/#!/gori7911

Now I understand, so you mistook the dancer for Baekga.

Thanks for sharing the candid picture of Rain while shooting his movie at Jebudo Island.

At first I didn't understand what the dancers meant by his comment but then I looked at the picture again and I understood: all of them except for Rain have straight arms, but Rain's arm is flexed.

bbly, ye, I'm happy, too that we got to read some news & got to see some photos about the movie. I'm excited to see the poster. Will it be similar to the photo we just recently saw? I'm curious of what will be the concept..... Will it look serious or will they put some funny look on the side..... I’m also looking forward to the chemistry here with RAIN & SSK & even with some other cast. RAIN has done several genres already in all his dramas/movies so curious & excited to see again how this plays out being a pilot in this upcoming war movie (in case the remake will be followed). I hope the movie will look fresh as well despite that this is a remake one. I’m sure RAIN is adorable in this movie! Seeing some pictures of him wearing that AF uniform, I swear looking at him in the photos my heart just stopped. This movie looks promising! I’m hoping it’s not full of action although it's a war/action film. I don’t want to think that this is a full-packed action since some set of pictures I saw are telling me it is not at all. :lol:

I don't know if this movie will have several genres like action, comedy, love movie, but I really hope and pray that it will be a big success, Rain deserves this! I can't wait for the first teaser or trailer to come out and to see Rain in uniform. :wub:

[+7pics][HQ web pics]Lotte DFS THE LOTTE (June 2011, Issue#31)

scorpiola 2011-06-11 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

Credit: lottedfs // cap by scorpiola

s001%5B1%5D.jpg

s008%5B1%5D.jpg

s009%5B1%5D.jpg

s024%5B1%5D.jpg

s025%5B1%5D.jpg

s026%5B1%5D.jpg

s027%5B1%5D.jpg

s028%5B1%5D.jpg

s029%5B1%5D.jpg

s030%5B1%5D.jpg

s031%5B1%5D.jpg

s032%5B1%5D.jpg

s033%5B1%5D.jpg

s034%5B1%5D.jpg

s035%5B1%5D.jpg

s036%5B1%5D.jpg

s037%5B1%5D.jpg

1%284%29.jpg

background%5B1%5D.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[June-10-2011]<Eng.trans>Saw Rain shooting 'Flight : Close to the Sun' in Jebu Island.

- Posted 9 June, 2011 -

r6.JPG

- Only Rain part -

세계적인 스타 가수 비를 만났습니다!!! ㅎㅎ사실 만난건 아니구요~~ 먼 발자취에서나마...ㅎㅎㅎ사진 속 오로바이(?) 탄 청년 보이시죠? 왠지모를 아우라가 풍기눈~~.. 그 청년이 바로 비! 정지훈입니다..

제부도 선착장 쪽으로 이동을 했는데요...하늘엔 경비행기가 정신없이 떠 다니고.. 크레인 위에서는 카메라맨이 쉴새 없이 무언가를 찍고 있습니다물론 제부도 빨간등대로 가는 모든 길은 통제가 되었구요~~제가 카메라를 들고 있으니... 한 스텝이 와서 그러시더라구요~~스텝 왈: "죄송한데 사진 촬영을 자제해 주시겠습니까?"나 왈: "아니 도대체 누군데 그러는데요?"스텝 왈: "빈 데요"나 왈: "넹!"

바로 꼬리를 내렸습니다. 나름 연예인을 많이 봐왔지만..... "비"만한 세계적인 스타는 처음 봤걸랑요!!!

열심히 오로바이(?)를 타고 질주하는 청년이 바로 "비"입니다.촬영 컷! 떨어지자마자 달려드는 코디들!!!역시 촬영장 분위기는 비가 이끌더라구요~~~ 비가 곧 군입대 하는거 아시죠? 군 입대전 마지막으로 참여하는 영화라서 화제가 되고 있는데요...신세경씨와 주연을 맡은 "비상:태양가까이"이라는 영화라고 합니다!!!다시 한번 망원의 위력을 발휘했죠!! 멀리서 샤샤샥~~ 찍었답니다 ㅎㅎㅎ

Saw world star Rain real live while we were traveling just the family in Jebu Island, Kyungki-do's Howasung region, but I only had a distant view of him...hahaha

Can you see the young man on a motorcycle in the middle of the picture?

It is Rain, 'Jung Ji Hoon' giving off an intense aura !

When we moved to the marina, a staff came up to me and asked to abstain from photography, so I asked him, "What is this regarding?". He expressed, "Rain is now shooting a movie". Sure enough, I did what he asked.

I flatter myself I've seen a lot of entertainers, but this is the first time I have seen a real global star like Rain.

In the picture, Rain is spinning along the roads on his motorcycle.

Coordinators were seen gathering around him as soon as the director shouted 'Cut!' !!!

As might have been expected, Rain took the lead at the atmosphere of the set~~

As I know, since it is his last movie before he enters the army, it has attracted the attention of the public.

The title of this move starring him with actress 'Shin Se Kyung', is 'Flight : Close to the Sun'.

Though from a distance, I grabbed the camera and pushed the button before I left.. hahaha

Credit to http://daramrec.blog.me/130110695591

Brief translation by rain bird.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain poses with SHINeelove#1 Shin Se-kyung….

June 11, 2011

rainshinsekyungkimdongwon-20110610.jpg?w=500&h=373

and some ahjussi!

Recently, Rain uploaded an image of himself behind-the-scenes of his upcoming movie “Emergency”. Jong-hyun‘s girl Shin Se-kyung posed with the sexiest man in Asia and their director of their film Kim Dong-won. Rain uploaded the photo above and a message stating that they were in the process of filming and that he was posing with his movie’s director and his pretty young co-star Se-kyung. Did you just hear that Jong-hyun?

The three are currently filming a remake of the 1964 classic “The Red Scarf“.

What do you think of their Twittersphere pose?

Source: @29Rain

Fr.:popseoul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Pics at MCM London (January 2011), on the Style Slicker blog.

http://www.whatwearewearing.com/2011/06/something-for-the-rainy-weekend/

6/10/2011

credit:Stephe@cloudusa

5818865051_a71da82ff5_z.jpg

Image credit: Style_Slicker on Flickr, Kit Lee & Rain at MCM London

styleslickermcmlondonraincap.jpg

(capture by Stephe @CloudUSA)

Guest charm_crystals

I made a music video tribute to our dear Rain..^^

The link is at:

I hope you like it. :)

The link is at:

Guest Naoise

The link is at:

Great MV :w00t: Thanks for sharing ^^ I especially love the clip of many fans from many countries, I saw my friends in your video, great memory of the BKK World Tour Concert :D

[June-11-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain is mentioned @ KBS YunYeGaJunGye .

c0047605_6332093.jpg

- Brief summary -

'Jo Sung Hah' is a late bloomer who has become a famous supporting actor after many years as an unknown.

'Jo' has been cast as a supporting role in movie 'Flight : Close to the Sun' starring Rain and is shooting the movie.

According to 'Jo', Rain sent a surprise video clip showing his (Rain's) saying happy birthday to Jo's first daughter to celebrate her birthday, which scored a hit with her.

Credit to : ratoka @ YT

Brief translation by rain bird

11-05-27 Rain @ MCM event in Hong Kong

ratoka 2011-06-12 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

source : mcmworldwide

M1%282%29.jpg

M2%283%29.jpg

M3%281%29.jpg

M4%281%29.jpg

M5.jpg

M6.jpg

M7.jpg

M8.jpg

M9.jpg

[01-Jun-11][mcmworldwide]Hong Kong Flagship Opening

ratoka 2011-06-12

If you live in Hong Kong, you may come across one of the ten MCM trams. They are travelling through the city to announce the opening of our new flagship store in the Entertainment Building. We celebrated the opening in two parts... First, we invited selected just over 250 VIPs, press members, celebrities and socialites to a ribbon cutting ceremony and we followed it up with a wild party for 800 of our closest friends.

Models were there to showcase the collection to the media while they were waiting for the ceremony to start. The venue was filled with press and fans from 5pm. In total over 300 people witnessed the opening of our new flagship, it was quite the event!

Guests to the ribbon cutting included Michael Michalsky ? MCM Advisory Creative Director, Sammi Cheung - Hong Kong Pop Star, Rain - Korean Superstar, Angela Ho - Entertainment building land lord, Werner Lauk - General Counsel of Germany in Hong Kong.

source : http://blog.mcmworldwide.com/view/?page=278

Rain Pics at MCM London (January 2011), on the Style Slicker blog.

http://www.whatwearewearing.com/2011/06/something-for-the-rainy-weekend/

6/10/2011

credit:Stephe@cloudusa

*quoted image*

Image credit: Style_Slicker on Flickr, Kit Lee & Rain at MCM London

*quoted image*

(capture by Stephe @CloudUSA)

Now you can clearly see the "naked" lady on Rain's t-shirt. :D What a naughty boy!

[June-11-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain is mentioned @ KBS YunYeGaJunGye .

*quoted image*

- Brief summary -

'Jo Sung Hah' is a late bloomer who has become a famous supporting actor after many years as an unknown.

'Jo' has been cast as a supporting role in movie 'Flight : Close to the Sun' starring Rain and is shooting the movie.

According to 'Jo', Rain sent a surprise video clip showing his (Rain's) saying happy birthday to Jo's first daughter to celebrate her birthday, which scored a hit with her.

Credit to : ratoka @ YT

Brief translation by rain bird

Rain is always so sweet and considerate, especially when it comes to children.

11-06-12 Rain @ twitter

ratoka 2011-06-12

rain-cloud.co.kr

k1%283%29.PNG

k4%281%29.jpg

d3%281%29.jpg

t2%288%29.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain @ China Magazine_My Color 2011年6月號

ratoka 2011-06-12

rain-cloud.co.kr

Rain @ China Magazine_My Color 2011年6月號

Credit : 01蕉BB @ RainBar //raincloudhk

c1%282%29.jpg

c2%281%29.jpg

c3%281%29.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

[+7pics][HQ web pics]Lotte DFS THE LOTTE (June 2011, Issue#31)

scorpiola 2011-06-11 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

Credit: lottedfs // cap by scorpiola

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Rain poses with SHINeelove#1 Shin Se-kyung….

June 11, 2011

*quoted image*

and some ahjussi!

Recently, Rain uploaded an image of himself behind-the-scenes of his upcoming movie “Emergency”. Jong-hyun‘s girl Shin Se-kyung posed with the sexiest man in Asia and their director of their film Kim Dong-won. Rain uploaded the photo above and a message stating that they were in the process of filming and that he was posing with his movie’s director and his pretty young co-star Se-kyung. Did you just hear that Jong-hyun?

The three are currently filming a remake of the 1964 classic “The Red Scarf“.

What do you think of their Twittersphere pose?

Source: @29Rain

Fr.:popseoul

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting more pictures from Lotte. Nice & cool! Also, thanks for sharing more article about this movie picture. IDK why SSK seems to be having an identity crisis - her name is always tag along her BF's name from SHINee - I hope I'd come across an article about her not mentioning his name at all. Poor her! :rolleyes:

[June-12-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_During a meal.

profile_normal.jpg

29rain Ji hoon jung

정말 미안합니다... http://twitpic.com/5aleb9

17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I'm terribly sorry..

Maeuntang (fish stew)

d3%281%29.jpg

profile_normal.jpg

29rain Ji hoon jung

@

@Melody323232 먹어여 그리고... 미안해 ㅋㅋㅋ @eoside ㅎㅎㅎ 먹어먹어

43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@Melody323232 Try some of this..and sorry..kekeke

@eoside hahaha..eat it..

Melody323232_normal.jpg

Melody323232 Bae Sangmi

@

@29rain 2단 염장~ 유통기한 석달지난 라면을 먹으라고? 지금 먹을게 없다고~~~ㅠ0ㅠ

38 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Don't rub it in~You mean I should eat this ramen three months past its sell-by date? (a tongue-in-cheek remark)

Right now I don't have anything to eat.~~~ㅠ0ㅠ

________-2_normal.jpg

eoside youngho Kwon

@

@29rain 대박..김라구나 ㅜㅜ부럽다

41 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

These look really delicious..gimbap and ramen ㅜㅜ I envy you..

profile_normal.jpg

29rain Ji hoon jung

이보다 좋을순 없다... http://twitpic.com/5ajugz

59 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

It can't get better than this.

** Items such as gimbap, instant noodles and so on are the hottest sellers **

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/29rain

(ramen & gimbap)

t2%288%29.jpg

<More update><Notice from rain-cloud> Please send us video clips of each of your saying 'happy birthday' to Rain.

Please refer to rain-eu's news room #1621

or http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3468&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

*The chosen entries showing you saying 'happy birthday' to Rain (The chosen things won't contain Rain's images

basically) will be compiled into one clip, so excessively offbeat things that won't assimilate with the general

appearance could be excluded. With this in mind, you should probably decide on a concept for your work

even if there are no special rules for the concept.

*Basically, it would be nice for the type of the video file to be an avi or a wmv or something.

*Many applicants are expected, so a film ranging in length from 5 to 15 seconds would be good. But if there are

quite a number of people in a film, the edited one could get longer in length as there are human beings.

But, if a film is considered too long, it could be edited shortly. Such being the case, please understand our

position.

Source : http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3468&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

English translation bvy rain bird.

Thanks for sharing the candid picture of Rain while shooting his movie at Jebudo Island.

I don't know if this movie will have several genres like action, comedy, love movie, but I really hope and pray that it will be a big success, Rain deserves this! I can't wait for the first teaser or trailer to come out and to see Rain in uniform. :wub:

bbly, judging from the stills given, this movie looks like having good sceneries. How could you not charmed by the stills? So adorable! I totally like it! Hope the actual drama lives up the stills! :sweatingbullets:

Rain and Shin Sekyung take a picture on the set of their new movie

2286f2c3d8530af36eefa1ecea3c601e.jpg

Asian superstar Rain has given fans an update on his recent life, posting a picture of himself with actress Shin Sekyung on the set of their upcoming movie. The singer-actor-model is seen making a peace sign with his hands while dressed in a suit, alongside actress Shin Sekyung and the director of their upcoming movie.

The movie’s title is "Take Off: Closer to the Sun" which is a remake of the 1964 Korean movie "Red Muffler." The movie tells the story of life, love, and comradeship of fighter pilots amid the risky situation on the Korean Peninsula. Rain will play the role of a fighter pilot and Shin Sekyung is taking on the role of a mechanic.

Rain has been considered one of biggest stars in Korea and throughout Asia since the start to his solo career in 2002. He has also expanded his career into acting, playing in several small screen roles such as in "Sang Doo! Let's Go to School" and "Full House." He then made his Hollywood debut in 2008, through the Wachowski Brothers' action movie "Speed Racer" and landed the lead role in martial arts film "Ninja Assassin" a year later.

Shin Sekyung is a popular teen actress who made her debut in 1998 and rose to stardom with the smash hit sitcom “High Kick 2” which aired from 2009 to 2010. She completed shooting a noir drama film titled “Blue Salt” also starring Song Gang-ho and Chun Jung-myung. She is also known to be dating popular idol singer Kim Jonghyun of the boy band SHINee. Sekyung is a familiar face on TV advertisements (CFs), as she endorses many cosmetic, fashion, and food products.

4ta7iu.jpg

Source: 10 Asiae / koreaboo

Christian Bautista is a singer from the Philippines. He was the front act when Rain had his Intensity show in said country last year while filming Fugitive Plan B. In this article, he mentioned Rain. :D

Christian admits he's not like either Piolo nor John Lloyd but feels pressure to act some more

Moviegoer

June 12, 2011

Just a thought: In all things, it is better to hope than to despair. If it were not for hope, the heart would break. – Goethe

MANILA, Philippines -- Neither Piolo nor John Lloyd: Admitting he’s not half as good an actor as either Piolo Pascual or John Lloyd Cruz, Christian Bautista nonetheless expressed interest in landing roles in movies or teleseryes, the better to enlarge his presence in local entertainment.

“If I were to really grow big as an artist, I must be like Rain, who combines singing with acting,” the singer-and part-time actor says during a media huddle in connection with his renewal of contract as endorser of refilling station, Ink All You Can.

Problem is, Christian says he’s aware of his limitations as an actor. “I don’t mind playing second leads, yung light comic roles or something,” he adds.

However, such roles will not get him anywhere to further his career. If Christian were to really make a major impact as an actor and all-around performer, he must deliver the goods in acting, so to speak.

Sex appeal that of Rain's: Christian has beefed up his body to add up to his sex appeal.

He must tone those acting chops next to become a credible actor in the tradition of Rain, who has trained in martial arts to transform himself into an action star in the Hollywood film, “Ninja Assasin.”

skipped.

Source:http://mb.com.ph/node/322284/chri

----------------------------------------------------------------------

11-06-13 Rain in in Hongdae

ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

월드스타 비. 덩치가 곰만하다!! 정면사진이 없는게 아쉬울따름 http://lockerz.com/s/110282959

source : http://lockerz.com/s/110282959

홍대에 밥먹으러 왔다가 브레이브걸스, 쥬얼리, 제시카고메즈, 빽가, 그리고 비 까지 봤다. 이게 뭔일? 아무튼 인증샷 ㄱㄱ 일단 브레이브걸스 http://lockerz.com/s/110282591

1%285%29.JPG

Christian Bautista is a singer from the Philippines. He was the front act when Rain had his Intensity show in said country last year while filming Fugitive Plan B. In this article, he mentioned Rain. :D

Christian admits he's not like either Piolo nor John Lloyd but feels pressure to act some more

Moviegoer

June 12, 2011

Just a thought: In all things, it is better to hope than to despair. If it were not for hope, the heart would break. – Goethe

MANILA, Philippines -- Neither Piolo nor John Lloyd: Admitting he’s not half as good an actor as either Piolo Pascual or John Lloyd Cruz, Christian Bautista nonetheless expressed interest in landing roles in movies or teleseryes, the better to enlarge his presence in local entertainment.

“If I were to really grow big as an artist, I must be like Rain, who combines singing with acting,” the singer-and part-time actor says during a media huddle in connection with his renewal of contract as endorser of refilling station, Ink All You Can.

Problem is, Christian says he’s aware of his limitations as an actor. “I don’t mind playing second leads, yung light comic roles or something,” he adds.

However, such roles will not get him anywhere to further his career. If Christian were to really make a major impact as an actor and all-around performer, he must deliver the goods in acting, so to speak.

Sex appeal that of Rain's: Christian has beefed up his body to add up to his sex appeal.

He must tone those acting chops next to become a credible actor in the tradition of Rain, who has trained in martial arts to transform himself into an action star in the Hollywood film, “Ninja Assasin.”

skipped.

Source:http://mb.com.ph/node/322284/chri

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

홍대에 밥먹으러 왔다가 브레이브걸스, 쥬얼리, 제시카고메즈, 빽가, 그리고 비 까지 봤다. 이게 뭔일? 아무튼 인증샷 ㄱㄱ 일단 브레이브걸스 http://lockerz.com/s/110282591

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for sharing this article from our side, Manila Bulletin. I was surprised with this - Christian B. mentioning RAIN. Judging from this article how it was written, CB seems to like RAIN.....he definitely admires him. What is there not to like him, huh? I like CB, too. He's adorable! He's a singer but becoming an actor as well since he's in SIN doing a musical/drama right now. I'm sure like RAIN he also wants & wishes to work in a Hollywood movie - who wouldn't, huh? But, an actress said this that West isn’t always best. And I agree with her. It's good that RAIN got a chance to film a Hollywood movie & a lead star at that and experienced what filming was like there. But my opinion is this - if there's nothing suitable, any Asian actor shouldn't force themselves to take on any role just so they can be in Hollywood. Besides, the opportunities for Asian actors to get big being there truly are too few. RAIN is just so lucky to be the leading man in NA. Thanks also for posting this back view of RAIN -Here's the translation of this. I think he's in the University. I once read that Hongik University is also usually known as "Hongdae" for short. This picture is good! A very addicting view - hehehe. :lol:

[June-13-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain in Hongick University. (from Twitter)

World star Rain, just like the size of a bear !!

I was just so regretful I couldn't take any pictures of his full face.

When I went over by Hogick University for a meal, I saw Brave Girls, Jewelry, Jessica Gomes, and Baegka. Furthermore, I even saw Rain. What a surprise?

Anyway, I first release a picture of Brave Girls as the evidence that I have really seen them.

Source : http://lockerz.com/s/110282959 http://lockerz.com/s/110282591

English translation by rain bird

First of all, can I say I love that look on Rain here: his face, his attitude, his V-Sign, his suit .... just oh la la! blush.gif

And secondly, I am amazed how many different versions we have again for the movie title: Emgergncy - ...., Take Off - .... for goodness sake can they please stick to one official English title?

And the other thing that amazes me how everybody translates the part what Rain wrote about SSK differently. I think he called her "pretty and nice/kind little sister SK" but we got sooo many different versions/translations. :P

bbly, what does it mean for that "oh la la!", dear - you like the picture? hehehe - Of course, about the different movie titles, I go with you here - I'm still confused - maybe not until we get to know the confirmed one.....About what he tweeted on SSK, I'm sure these are fine except for the 1st one I read where he addressed her as her "senior" - isn't this funny? Talking about SSK, she's in good hands here with RAIN - that's why her BF from SHINee doesn't need to worry since RAIN prefers older women - hehehe. I’ve never remembered even once that he said he likes younger ones. Actually, age gap doesn't make a difference. IDK when he gets older – will his preference for older women still the same or he’ll like younger ones already. Of course, “beauty over quality” - wahhhhh........ . :lol:

11-06-12 Rain @ twitter

ratoka 2011-06-12

rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Seriously, this looks soooo yummy! I am getting really hungry here. I am happy that Rain has a great time, enjoying food.

bbly, judging from the stills given, this movie looks like having good sceneries. How could you not charmed by the stills? So adorable! I totally like it! Hope the actual drama lives up the stills! :sweatingbullets:

True, it has some nice landscapes and shooting location. I am really curious when we will see an official teaser or trailer. I want to see Rain moving, speaking and just being awesome as always. blush.gif

ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

[June-13-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain in Hongick University. (from Twitter)

World star Rain, just like the size of a bear !!

I was just so regretful I couldn't take any pictures of his full face.

When I went over by Hogick University for a meal, I saw Brave Girls, Jewelry, Jessica Gomes, and Baegka. Furthermore, I even saw Rain. What a surprise?

Anyway, I first release a picture of Brave Girls as the evidence that I have really seen them.

Source : http://lockerz.com/s/110282959 http://lockerz.com/s/110282591

English translation by rain bird

bbly, what does it mean for that "oh la la!", dear - you like the picture? hehehe - Of course, about the different movie titles, I go with you here - I'm still confused - maybe not until we get to know the confirmed one.....About what he tweeted on SSK, I'm sure these are fine except for the 1st one I read where he addressed her as her "senior" - isn't this funny? Talking about SSK, she's in good hands here with RAIN - that's why her BF from SHINee doesn't need to worry since RAIN prefers older women - hehehe. I’ve never remembered even once that he said he likes younger ones. Actually, age gap doesn't make a difference. IDK when he gets older – will his preference for older women still the same or he’ll like younger ones already. Of course, “beauty over quality” - wahhhhh........ . :lol:

Any idea what Rain was actually doing at Hongdae with those group of people? I mean Hongdae is a young area, the heart of hiphop and Rain and Baekga hanging around there isn't something unusual. But it the other names I don't know. Who are those girls/ladies? Wonder if it was a free time thing or what? Rain hanging out with other females is so rare, especially if those are artists themselves.

willenette dear, "oh la la" is an French expression and for me it something like "wow". blush.gif Of course I love that picture!

Me too, I am totally confused about the movie title and don't know what to think about it.

Regarding Rain's preference with women's age, it is true that until now he didn't change his opinion here. Even last year during the BTTB promotions he said he likes younger girls, but he loves older women. :P

[06-14] [allkpop]Which stars make the most money from CFs?

allkpop.jpg

Which stars make the most money from endorsements?

Recently, the top 7 male and female CF (commercial film) stars were revealed based on how many different products they had endorsed from June 2010 to May 2011. However, based on profits during a one year contract period, it appears that Lee Young Ae tops the money list with around $1.1 million USD earned as a CF model. Popular idol group Big Bang followed her up on the list with approximately $1 million USD from advertising products such as cell phones and beer.

‘World Star’ Rain and actress Go Hyun Jung are close behind the boys with $920,000 USD each. In places such as China and Thailand, Rain has even more advertising endorsements than some of their native people and despite being forty-years-old, Go Hyun Jung is still beautiful and creates a lovely atmosphere for her luxury make-up and coffee CFs.

Idol groups 2PM and JYJ each have earned about $740,000 USD. 2PM’s agency said, “Even though the boys are currently resting from activities, they’re still busy with advertising promotions and filming schedules. When an advertisement calls for both strong and manly charisma, everyone wants 2PM.”

‘Sexy diva’ Lee Hyori and the recently discharged Jo In Sung have also earned around $740,000 USD. While Jo In-Sung was in the army, many top stars were busy appropriating his CF contracts. After gaining a lot of popularity through the drama ‘Secret Garden’, Hyun Bin had received about $640,000 USD as a model and over $3.7 million USD from advertising before he enlisted in the army. Lee Seung Gi made between $460,000 and $550,000 USD.

A person who works in the advertisement industry explained, “A CF star’s payment is decided based on the person’s image and popularity.” Considering the top names mentioned in this article, this comes as no surprise. While some of them didn’t make the list for endorsing the most products in a year, they made this list for earning the most money.

Source & Photo: Ilgan Sports //allkpop

True, it has some nice landscapes and shooting location. I am really curious when we will see an official teaser or trailer. I want to see Rain moving, speaking and just being awesome as always. blush.gif

Any idea what Rain was actually doing at Hongdae with those group of people? I mean Hongdae is a young area, the heart of hiphop and Rain and Baekga hanging around there isn't something unusual. But it the other names I don't know. Who are those girls/ladies? Wonder if it was a free time thing or what? Rain hanging out with other females is so rare, especially if those are artists themselves.

willenette dear, "oh la la" is an French expression and for me it something like "wow". blush.gif Of course I love that picture!

Me too, I am totally confused about the movie title and don't know what to think about it.

Regarding Rain's preference with women's age, it is true that until now he didn't change his opinion here. Even last year during the BTTB promotions he said he likes younger girls, but he loves older women. :P

Hi bbly, these girls mentioned at the Hongick University where RAIN was are Girl Group bands & Jessica Gomez is an Australian model. So curious what was he doing in that place.....Was there an event on that area? Wondering why so many celebrities were also there that time, huh? BTW, thanks for that French expression - I learned something today - hehehe. I remember I've been using that expression many times as well without knowing the real meaning - in fact, I'm always using it on a spur of the moment - "oh la la" - very nice - :lol:

[06-14] [allkpop]Which stars make the most money from CFs?

*quoted image*

Which stars make the most money from endorsements?

Recently, the top 7 male and female CF (commercial film) stars were revealed based on how many different products they had endorsed from June 2010 to May 2011. However, based on profits during a one year contract period, it appears that Lee Young Ae tops the money list with around $1.1 million USD earned as a CF model. Popular idol group Big Bang followed her up on the list with approximately $1 million USD from advertising products such as cell phones and beer.

‘World Star’ Rain and actress Go Hyun Jung are close behind the boys with $920,000 USD each. In places such as China and Thailand, Rain has even more advertising endorsements than some of their native people and despite being forty-years-old, Go Hyun Jung is still beautiful and creates a lovely atmosphere for her luxury make-up and coffee CFs.

Idol groups 2PM and JYJ each have earned about $740,000 USD. 2PM’s agency said, “Even though the boys are currently resting from activities, they’re still busy with advertising promotions and filming schedules. When an advertisement calls for both strong and manly charisma, everyone wants 2PM.”

‘Sexy diva’ Lee Hyori and the recently discharged Jo In Sung have also earned around $740,000 USD. While Jo In-Sung was in the army, many top stars were busy appropriating his CF contracts. After gaining a lot of popularity through the drama ‘Secret Garden’, Hyun Bin had received about $640,000 USD as a model and over $3.7 million USD from advertising before he enlisted in the army. Lee Seung Gi made between $460,000 and $550,000 USD.

A person who works in the advertisement industry explained, “A CF star’s payment is decided based on the person’s image and popularity.” Considering the top names mentioned in this article, this comes as no surprise. While some of them didn’t make the list for endorsing the most products in a year, they made this list for earning the most money.

Source & Photo: Ilgan Sports //allkpop

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting this. RAIN's name will always be on the list when you talk about this topic. But, this is quite old news since we kept on reading about this from time to time. So many should be on the list, which were not listed here. IDK if I should laugh or feel sad for them. Because there are stars who have many CF's under them yet all of them failed to make it in the top 7 & I found it weird .... And for me this list is inaccurate and incomplete. True, that all stars make the most & a lot of money from CF alone - Why? They stand there to project an image, talk about how good the product is for SECONDS, and smile. then you earn a million dollar. Isn't this nice compared to doing a drama/movie or a show? That's the easiest job ever! Well, congratulations to RAIN! He's still up on the list. :lol:

*** His modelling fees hover around 400 million won to 1 billion won for a single shot, (worth $1 million to $1.5 million USD.)

But he earned more than this amount in NIKON (1-year contract) - the same thing also his (2) China Ads, which is Mentholatum & the one from JVJQ company. (contract is until 2014) The period of his contract for this China ad covers the term of his two-year military service. :lol:

Star Price for Commercials for 2011 Revealed

[summary] The price for hiring idols groups 2PM and JYJ are around $800.000 each. According to an official from 2PM's agency: "2PM are currently resting from their official activities, but the members are really busy everyday with shooting commercials". He also added that: "They come looking for 2PM when they need strong manly charm for their commercial.

Ranking:

1. Lee YeongAe 1.200.000USD

2. Big Bang 1.100.000USD

3. Rain 1000.000 USD

4. Kim Taehee 900.000 USD

5. 2PM & JYJ 800.000 USD

Source: Nate | Kor-Eng: Egle @2pmalways / dailykpopnews

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting this. RAIN's name will always be on the list when you talk about this topic. But, this is quite old news since we kept on reading about this from time to time. So many should be on the list, which were not listed here. IDK if I should laugh or feel sad for them. Because there are stars who have many CF's under them yet all of them failed to make it in the top 7 & I found it weird .... And for me this list is inaccurate and incomplete. True, that all stars make the most & a lot of money from CF alone - Why? They stand there to project an image, talk about how good the product is for SECONDS, and smile. then you earn a million dollar. Isn't this nice compared to doing a drama/movie or a show? That's the easiest job ever! Well, congratulations to RAIN! He's still up on the list. :lol:

*** His modelling fees hover around 400 million won to 1 billion won for a single shot, (worth $1 million to $1.5 million USD.)

But he earned more than this amount in NIKON (1-year contract) - the same thing also his (2) China Ads, which is Mentholatum & the one from JVJQ company. (contract is until 2014) The period of his contract for this China ad covers the term of his two-year military service. :lol:

Star Price for Commercials for 2011 Revealed

[summary] The price for hiring idols groups 2PM and JYJ are around $800.000 each. According to an official from 2PM's agency: "2PM are currently resting from their official activities, but the members are really busy everyday with shooting commercials". He also added that: "They come looking for 2PM when they need strong manly charm for their commercial.

Ranking:

1. Lee YeongAe 1.200.000USD

2. Big Bang 1.100.000USD

3. Rain 1000.000 USD

4. Kim Taehee 900.000 USD

5. 2PM & JYJ 800.000 USD

Source: Nate | Kor-Eng: Egle @2pmalways / dailykpopnews

willenette, I know Lee YeongAe had been very popular because of Jewel In the Palace and so had the honor of being the highest paid commercial model in Korea but I think she is no longer active now that she is married and already a mother, Big Bang is a group so that leaves Rain to be No. 1 in the individual male category. Anyway, here are Rain's present endorsements:

JiHoon's Endorsements

* CARTIER Luxury Timepieces & Jewelry

* CJ E& M Pictures

* CJ Foods (English)

* CJ: For Better Life (Haechandle)

* J.VJQ Hypoallergenic Cosmetics

* Lotte Duty Free

* MCM Luxury Leather Goods & Apparel

* Mentholatum China main site

* MENtholatum Skincare for Men

Source:cloudusa

willenette, I know Lee YeongAe had been very popular because of Jewel In the Palace and so had the honor of being the highest paid commercial model in Korea but I think she is no longer active now that she is married and already a mother, Big Bang is a group so that leaves Rain to be No. 1 in the individual male category. Anyway, here are Rain's present endorsements:

JiHoon's Endorsements

* CARTIER Luxury Timepieces & Jewelry

* CJ E& M Pictures

* CJ Foods (English)

* CJ: For Better Life (Haechandle)

* J.VJQ Hypoallergenic Cosmetics

* Lotte Duty Free

* MCM Luxury Leather Goods & Apparel

* Mentholatum China main site

* MENtholatum Skincare for Men

Source:cloudusa

anjjo, I agree with you about LYA. Thanks for sharing RAIN's list of endorsements......... What about NIKON? I thought all along his under with this photo brand company for 1-year (contract ends on September) - Wondering what products is he endorsing with CJ E& M Pictures ( is this NIKON?) & CJ Foods (English), huh? I hope Lotte & MCM would stay longer with him - so we could get to see more nice & cool clothes & accessories from him - RAIN is a clothes hanger. I just love how any clothes look so good on him. :lol:

[June-14-2011]<Eng.trans>The motorcycle Rain riding in movie 'Flight : Close to the Sun' (from lockerz)

99-1.JPG

영화 비상에서 지훈씨가 타는 aprilia 가격은 3000만원이 넘는다

The price of aprilia, a motorcycle brand, 'Ji Hoon' ssi (Rain) riding in movie "Flight: Close to the Sun" is more than 30,000,000 won (around $ 28,000)

Source : http://lockerz.com/s/110554519