Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Speaking of casual look, I would sooo love to see him in jeans, sneakers and beanie again! Just loving that athletic look on him.

Yes, he said once before that he was forced to turn several Hollywood offers down due to his MS and that of course made him sad as he has worked so hard to come this far and just when he is successful and is in demand, he needs to leave. Hopefully, his career will continue like this or be even better after MS.

Hahahaha, I have the same problem. Not only that I am bad with technology things, I am no fan of all those social network stuff such as facebook or twitter. I have one facebook account which I never use and I did it to support Rain on a poll or so loooool.

Hi bbly, so funny but like you I'm not also into that social networking - Well, talking about tweeting here, here's a translation of the MCM picture posted by anjjo yesterday..... :lol:

[Apr-25-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain in a picture of MCM. ( from Twitter)

mcm.jpg

타임지가 또 한번 인정한 월드스타 비(Rain)! 뉴욕에서 열리는 ‘타임 100人’ 파티참석을 위해 출국하는 모습에서도 ‘MCM 페노메논 백팩’과 함께 스타일리시한 월드스타의 진면모를 보여주고 있습니다.

World star Rain who has once again been acknowledged by Time magazine !

He is showing his real worth as a world star by looking very stylish with 'MCM Phenomenon Back Pack' even while leaving the country to attend 'The Time 100 Party' to be held in New York,

Source : http://twitpic.com/4p9xzr

English translation by rain bird.

11-04-25 Rain in plane

ratoka 2011-04-25 rain-cloud.co.kr

source : 29rain @ twitter

plane.jpg

------------------------------------------

[Eng Trans]11-04-24 Rain Signature in plane

ratoka 2011-04-26 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

Credit : Kate Lee @ twitter // re-posted @ raincloudhk

http://twitpic.com/4pe9w9

In the plane to New York, Kate Lee's husband sat beside rain , so get the signature ^ ^...

울 남편 미국행 비행기에서 가수 비 옆자리에 앉았답니다 싸인 받아주는 쎈쓰! ㅎㅎㅎ

c1%285%29.jpg

[Eng Trans]11-04-24 Rain Signature in plane

Credit : Kate Lee @ twitter // re-posted @ raincloudhk

http://twitpic.com/4pe9w9

In the plane to New York, Kate Lee's husband sat beside rain , so get the signature ^ ^...

울 남편 미국행 비행기에서 가수 비 옆자리에 앉았답니다 싸인 받아주는 쎈쓰! ㅎㅎㅎ

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for sharing this info & post this autograph - I’m glad that I'm seeing RAIN's signature once again...... It’s a lovely handwriting. So lucky this "husband" of hers - should be luckier when the one who sat beside him was a girl..... :sweatingbullets:

[Apr-26-2011] Rain included in the 2011 Time 100 final list, "I'm in New York...everything's perfect"

tn_1303741683_65627123_0.jpg

Rain who left for New York last 14th to attend the Time 100 Party.

Singer Rain who is now in USA to attend 'the Time 100 Party', has showed his happy feelings via his Twitter.

Rain brought his fans up to date on what he has recently done by posting a message on his Twitter at around 11pm on the 25th (by Korean time).

He got a flight to New York on the 24th in order to attend 'the Time 100 Party' that will be held in New York, USA, on the afternoon of the 26th.

His message was posted on his Twitter, "I'm in New York... nice day nice people, everything's perfect. I'm ready!!!!!!"

http://twitter.com/#!/29rain

Rain has been selected as one of Time's 100 most influential people in the world this year. This is the second time since 2006 he has been included in the Time 100 final list.

Before this, Rain ranked top In the 2011 Time 100 Poll that closed officially as of midnight on 14 April, beating out Jay Chou (second), Susan Boyle (third) and so on while maintaining dominant position in the list of 203 candidates.

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20110425n30144

Brief translation by rain bird.

Congrats for Rain, this is a great honor not only for him but for his country too

really proud as his fan, hope Cloud NY can meet him coz this gonna their last time to saw him be4 his MS :)

justblaqcloud, I agree with you - it's an honour for Korea as well. I'm so proud of him, too! I'm sure Cloud NY would gather together so they could see RAIN. So nice to know that many fans want to join him in America’s Big Apple. RAIN will again be practicing his English prowess there especially during this TIME's event. Life sucks that I’m not living in US….. (l am not American so that explains it.) :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

Rain visits the Big Apple

2011042610484862441_1.jpg

Asian superstar Rain has left for the Big Apple in the United States to meet with some of the world's most influential people of 2011.

A photograph of Rain posted on his official Twitter account (http://twitter.com/29rain) on Monday showed the singer-actor inside an airplane and donning a pair of dark shades with a comment below saying, "I'm in New York... nice day nice people, everything's perfect. I'm ready!!!!!!"

Rain was recently named one of the 100 most influential people in 2011 by U.S. TIME magazine and was invited to attend the official party for the event.

His first recognition on the poll came in 2006 and has since topped TIME's online survey in 2007, 2008 and 2009 but failed to make it into the actual list.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, has been considered one of biggest stars in Korea and throughout Asia since the start to his solo singing career in 2002. He has also expanded his career into acting, playing several small screen roles such as "Sang Doo! Let's Go to School" and "Full House."

He then made his Hollywood debut in 2008, through the Wachowski Brothers' action pic "Speed Racer" and landed the lead role in martial arts film "Ninja Assassin" a year later.

He is currently working on action movie tentatively titled "Red Muffler" alongside Sin Se-gyeong and actors Kim Sung-soo and Lee Jong-suk.

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2011042610484862441

11-04-25 Rain in NYC

Credit as tagged

頭先系34st 見到韓國Rain!!!好高好白屎忽好大!可惜refuse同我影相!不過有對話!(最后奉上背影一個,我已盡力)

cc2.jpg

-------------------------------

photo/drawing

by raimy 2011-04-23 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

rain424aa%281%29.JPG

11-04-25 Rain in NYC

Credit as tagged

頭先系34st 見到韓國Rain!!!好高好白屎忽好大!可惜refuse同我影相!不過有對話!(最后奉上背影一個,我已盡力)

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for posting another photo. RAIN seems to enjoy strolling along Times Square with a friend,huh? I’m glad that he enjoys little time of being there then back to filming again when he returns to Korea. Dear, you must have enjoyed sharing this "back view" photo with us again here - hehehe. We can't view the face but it's fine - still nice & cool view! :sweatingbullets:

FORBES KOREA Power Celebrity List

This year’s FORBES KOREA Power Celebrity List ranks Korea’s top 40 stars using the following factors: the most-searched names on South Korea’s Internet portals; the celebs’ annual income and donations to charity; number of endorsements; mentions in Korean and international media; and the number of magazine cover appearances. We list the Top 20 below.

1. Girls Generation SINGERS

The 9-member girl group managed by SM Entertainment dominated offline, online music charts, while taking over the silver screen. In 2010 Girls Generation sold over 27,000 albums and appeared in 25 commercials, as well as making appearances on the variety shows of every major network in Korea.

2. Park Ji-Sung FOOTBALL PLAYER

Manchester United player and recently retired captain of the Korean National Football Team, Park was applauded for his top performance in 2010 South Africa World Cup and the Asian Cup. With Man U Park had a record 6 goals last season.

3. Yuna Kim FIGURE SKATER

There is no doubt that Yuna Kim was the brightest star in last year’s Winter Olympics. After winning the gold she went on to gain 28 endorsement deals, but her break from longtime coach Brian Orser set her back in the rankings for the most sought-after endorsement model.

4. Lee Seung-Gi SINGER

The actor, singer and variety show host raked in trophies from all major networks in 2010. His hit TV drama, My Gumiho, earned bragging rights after hitting average ratings of 21.3%.

5. 2PM SINGERS

The 6-member boy band from JYP Entertainment is famous not only for its performance and catchy tunes but also for the band members’ chiseled bodies. Recently members have been receiving much-wanted attention for their acting roles and reality show appearances.

6. Yu Jae-Seok TV PERSONALITY

Korea’s King of Talk is arguably the most popular man on prime-time TV, but last year the management agency that represented him–and many of the Top 20 celebs–filed for bankruptcy, causing scandal.

7. Lee Chung-Yong FOOTBALL PLAYER

Ranked No. 83 in the European Premier League, Lee is currently the midfielder for the Bolton Wanderers. He had 4 goals and 6 assists in last year’s Asian Cup and earned approximately 3 billion won.

8. 2AM SINGERS

The 4-member boy band may not have bodies as chiseled as those of their 2PM boy band counterparts, but their harmonious melodies are as good at warming the hearts of fans across Asia. Leader Jo Kwon has been dominating the variety shows, showing fans that his wit matches his voice.

9. Choo Shin-Soo BASEBALL PLAYER

A member of the Korean national team and Major League Baseball’s Cleveland Indians in the U.S., Choo and his teammates won the gold at Guangzhou in 2010, allowing him to be excused from military service.

10. Kang Ho-Dong TV PERSONALITY

The wrestler turned TV talk-show host gets high ratings for his prime-time variety shows on all the major networks. Like Yu, he was ensnared in the bankruptcy of the company that previously managed.

11. Lee Hyo-Ri SINGER

Last year was not the best for K-Pop’s sexy queen. After taking time off from variety television to concentrate on her fourth album, a major scandal erupted when it was revealed that her composer had plagiarized all 6 songs on the album.

12. Yoon Si-Yoon ACTOR

On the other hand, it was a great year for Yoon, who–after starring in a hit sitcom–went on to more serious material in the prime-time hit drama Kim Takku. He also made his debut on the silver screen in Death Bell 2.

13. Rain SINGER

The world star was busy in 2010. He starred in the TV drama Plan B and also liquidated the assets of his own management company, J Tune Entertainment.

14. Park Chu-Young FOOTBALL PLAYER

The AS Monaco player has recently taken over the position as captain of the national football team. He recently made his seventh goal for AS Monaco.

15. Mina Shin ACTRESS

The leading lady received special accolades for her performance in My Gumiho, and the former fashion model’s good looks and talent have led her to be Korea’s top celebrity endorser.

16. Super Junior SINGER

Last year the 10-member boy band from SM Entertainment received the Golden Disc Award for their fourth album, which sold over 130,000 copies. Members have been having busy solo careers as well, appearing on variety programs and dramas.

17. Won Bin ACTOR

Leading man in last year’s Ajussi, which sold over 600,000 tickets at the box office. The movie heartthrob started a canned-coffee frenzy after appearing in a series of commercials with Mina Shin (No. 15).

18. Hwang Jung-Eum ACTRESS

Like many others, Hwang started off in sitcoms before delving into more serious acting last year in the epic, 60- episode TV drama Giant. Her performance won her an award and several TV endorsements.

19. Kim Hye-Su ACTRESS

The sexy actress and fashion icon made a comeback in the movie 2 Story House. Toward the end of the year she did it again in the TV drama My Happy House. She surprised audiences when her third triumph, a documentary series on network TV, was also a major hit.

20. Ko Hyeon-Jeong ACTRESS

The actress received TV’s highest acting award in 2010 for her performance as the first female president in Dae-Mool. She went on to take on several TV commercial deals for everything from coffee to household appliances.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/global/2011/0411/lif…elebrities.html / korea.com

Hi bbly, so funny but like you I'm not also into that social networking - Well, talking about tweeting here, here's a translation of the MCM picture posted by anjjo yesterday..... :lol:

[Apr-25-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain in a picture of MCM. ( from Twitter)

*quoted image*

타임지가 또 한번 인정한 월드스타 비(Rain)! 뉴욕에서 열리는 ‘타임 100人’ 파티참석을 위해 출국하는 모습에서도 ‘MCM 페노메논 백팩’과 함께 스타일리시한 월드스타의 진면모를 보여주고 있습니다.

World star Rain who has once again been acknowledged by Time magazine !

He is showing his real worth as a world star by looking very stylish with 'MCM Phenomenon Back Pack' even while leaving the country to attend 'The Time 100 Party' to be held in New York,

Source : http://twitpic.com/4p9xzr

I think Rain started to wear this backpack since the MCM event in London or? Well, it doesn't change it for me how much he like this backpack, I don't like it hihihihi.

I think Rain started to wear this backpack since the MCM event in London or? Well, it doesn't change it for me how much he like this backpack, I don't like it hihihihi.

Hi bbly, right you are , dear. Well, for me maybe it's beautiful in my eyes since RAIN is using it - hehehe. :lol:

Hi bbly, right you are , dear. Well, for me maybe it's beautiful in my eyes since RAIN is using it - hehehe. :lol:

My dear willenette & bbly, please read and know what brands he was wearing at the airport going to NY. It's a wow -

Rains-luxurious-airport-fashion-bewilders-netizens

http://www.kpoplive.com/2011/04/26/rains-luxurious-airport-fashion-bewilders-netizens/

bdfcd6ded60737c46d6b8d5317332e4e.jpg

My dear willenette & bbly, please read and know what brands he was wearing at the airport going to NY. It's a wow -

http://www.kpoplive.com/2011/04/26/rains-luxurious-airport-fashion-bewilders-netizens/

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. Every time I see RAIN I'm always sure that everything in him is branded. So, it's not surprising for me.....But wow, so that airport get-up, so simple but that was a Christian Dior collection, huh? That gold wrist watch & the headphone are not new in my eyes.....he's been using it already before. Gosh, this airport attire is keeping netizens alive again since this has been circulating on the net - in fact, they're comparing his get-up with Hyun Bin's airport get-up also when the latter went his last overseas travel. :sweatingbullets:

April 27, 2011

Singer Rain on Time magazine ‘100’ list

[Talk of the town]

26222150.jpg

Korean singer Rain was listed on Friday among Time magazine’s 100 most influential people.

Detained Chinese artist Ai Weiwei and the activist mayor of a tsunami-hit Japanese town were also among the 17 Asians on the global list.

Topping a separate reader poll was South Korean pop star Rain, as Time’s online readers cast aside moguls and heads of state for the third year running in favor of the heartthrob and singer of “Hip Song.”

“That’s pretty impressive online power for a guy whose main claim to Western fame is a role in the 2009 film Ninja Assassin,” the magazine commented.

Chinese artist and dissident Ai Weiwei, detained in Beijing since April 3 on suspicion of “economic crimes” and whose whereabouts are unknown, appears in an entry unlikely to please the Chinese government.

China’s rising influence is also reflected in the listing of Charles Chao, founder of the web giant Sina-Weibo, journalist Hu Shuli, who started Caijing magazine and media personality Hung Huang.

AFP

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2935366

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. Every time I see RAIN I'm always sure that everything in him is branded. So, it's not surprising for me.....But wow, so that airport get-up, so simple but that was a Christian Dior collection, huh? That gold wrist watch & the headphone are not new in my eyes.....he's been using it already before. Gosh, this airport attire is keeping netizens alive again since this has been circulating on the net - in fact, they're comparing his get-up with Hyun Bin's airport get-up also when the latter went his last overseas travel. :sweatingbullets:

willenette, you say it right, my dear, we are long time fans of Rain and we know that he is always wearing signatures and branded items ever since and so there's no need of that comparison. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, here are some first pics of Rain at the Time Party -

11-04-26 Rain @ Time 100 gala party

ratoka 2011-04-27 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

credit : twitter

3%289%29.jpg

2%2811%29.jpg

1%2815%29.jpg

Picture1%281%29.jpg

-----------------------------------

11-04-27 Rain @ time100 gala party

source :29rain@twitter

t2%281%29.jpg

willenette, you say it right, my dear, we are long time fans of Rain and we know that he is always wearing signatures and branded items ever since and so there's no need of that comparison. :rolleyes:

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for posting more photos here. So nice to see that he’s mingling with the world’s famous people. I’m so happy for him! Awesome! He looks very cool wearing that tuxedo. :sweatingbullets:

[04-27] 11-04-26 Fancam - Rain @ Time100 gala party

credit : divalcious @ YT / ratoka-rainlegend

My link

[Apr-27-2011] Rain is thrilled to attend the Time 100 gala party once again.

tn_1303871703_1236819064_0.jpg

Rain posted a message on his Twitter at around 11:20 am on the 26th, "It would be hard to describe my feelings as I'm here for the first time in 5 years! I thought that would be my first and last year at the party, but I can't believe that I've come back here ! Could I come back here a few years later? Anyway, thank all of you,.I'm going right in the studio."

He is going to attend the Time 100 gala party this morning.(by Korean time)

Rain has been selected as one of TIME's top 100 most influential people in the world this year. This is the second time since 2006 he has been included in the final list. Before this, in the 2011 Time 100 Poll that closed officially as of midnight on 14 April, Rain took first place, maintaining dominant position in the list of 203 candidates after beating out Jay Chou (second), Susan Boyle (third) and so on.

Including the American First Lady Michelle Obama, the listed 100 celebrities from all over the world will take part in the party.

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20110427n10862

[Apr-27-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_With Sting at the Time100 gala party.

w2%281%29.jpg

29rain Ji hoon jung

이 사람이 날 알고 심지어 같이 밥먹는 ...그 옆자리 내가 어렸을때 넘 좋아했고 최고인 사람, 말 문이 막힌다 여러분 스팅입니다... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!http://twitpic.com/4pziqx

38 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Everybody, I'm so excited that I can't talk. It is Sting, one of the best singers, who also knows me, who even has dinner sitting next to me, and who I've admired since I was a child....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

http://twitpic.com/4pzjn0

http://twitter.com/#!/29rain

11-04-26 More Rain pics @ Time 100 gala party

12%2816%29.jpg

13%2816%29.jpg

Rain with English Teacher in New York two years ago

2008.jpg

----------------------------------------

[Fan Acct] 04-26-11 Time 100 Gala at Jazz in Lincoln Center

Cuckoo 2011-04-27 rain-cloud.co.kr

The weather was very nice although it has originally forecasted as Rainy night. The Gala was officially started at 6pm. Photographers and reporters were ready around 5:30pm. My friend decided to do media for this ceremony in the last minutes, she has told me if I want to be her photographer….wowo…of course, I can’t say NO…haha…

The red carpet was located at the main entrance of Columbus Circle. (Jazz at Lincoln Center is inside the shops at Columbus Circle). Rain arrived at red carpet around 7:15pm. He wore black tuxedo with black tie. The red carpet has divided into 2 sides, one for photographers and another for reporters. My spot was located next to Korea Times and YTN. Rain only received questions from YTN (video will posted later). Since I am a reporter/ photographer, I could stand with reporter side. It was a great spot, I could see his front face. He answered questions with lovely smile. It’s a short interview, then he kept walking toward the check in desk. By the end of red carpet, Rain saw a group of USA fans. According to Scropiola, he did waved to them. I gave my lightboard to DC Cloud. I guess he saw it. J Behind me, there were few Cloud USA fans, they kept screaming “Rain…Rain…” After the check in desk, fans might still see Rain behind the security line. Then it should be international media spot, Rain took photos there (the Time 100 wallpaper). At last, he took elevator to the 5th floor for party.

The cocktail was started at 7pm and the dinner was at 8pm. After I finished my photographer job, I joined DC Cloud to have dinner. Then, we met Scropiola and other fan, we chatted and shared the happiness memory. Around 9:30pm, I told everybody that it should be about the time to check him. I got a feeling that he probably would leave before 10pm. So, we wrapped the things and checked the party entrance again…wowow…”what can I say?” Timing is perfect. I saw Rain’s camera-man there. He seemed waiting for someone….hahaha…who else?

About 5 minutes, Rain came down from elevator with English Teacher. He did the short interview with camera-man (we guess it should be for Rainy Day series). At that time, there were no fans, no media, nobody there….only some people went in and out the elevator. Scropiola was busy to tape Rain. I and other 2 fans stood aside facing Rain. We didn’t put the cameras up. 3 of us just looked at him. He was so cute…he talked and faced to camera man on one second, he turned his face to us one second…then keep doing this one after one…It’s difficult to describe the feeling. Imagine a little boy kept doing home work but eyes were looking at his toys or ice-creams. His eyes seem saying I want to go that side…About 5-7 minutes, he finished the clip and ready to leave. We ran toward him and want to get the autograph. Finally 2 fans got autographs on album and Time 100 magazine. Rain continued to sign before he went into his car. Unfortunately, security tried to rush him into the car. Rain said “I am sorry”. I stayed in the front of his strength limo. I saw him turn the light on. Sit relaxingly…yeah!

Ji Hoon will leave NY tomorrow. The short 3 and half days trip gave us unforgettable memory.

Missing him!

-by Cuckoo

[Fan Acct] 04-26-11 Time 100 Gala at Jazz in Lincoln Center

Cuckoo 2011-04-27 rain-cloud.co.kr

The weather was very nice although it has originally forecasted as Rainy night. The Gala was officially started at 6pm. Photographers and reporters were ready around 5:30pm. My friend decided to do media for this ceremony in the last minutes, she has told me if I want to be her photographer….wowo…of course, I can’t say NO…haha…

The red carpet was located at the main entrance of Columbus Circle. (Jazz at Lincoln Center is inside the shops at Columbus Circle). Rain arrived at red carpet around 7:15pm. He wore black tuxedo with black tie. The red carpet has divided into 2 sides, one for photographers and another for reporters. My spot was located next to Korea Times and YTN. Rain only received questions from YTN (video will posted later). Since I am a reporter/ photographer, I could stand with reporter side. It was a great spot, I could see his front face. He answered questions with lovely smile. It’s a short interview, then he kept walking toward the check in desk. By the end of red carpet, Rain saw a group of USA fans. According to Scropiola, he did waved to them. I gave my lightboard to DC Cloud. I guess he saw it. J Behind me, there were few Cloud USA fans, they kept screaming “Rain…Rain…” After the check in desk, fans might still see Rain behind the security line. Then it should be international media spot, Rain took photos there (the Time 100 wallpaper). At last, he took elevator to the 5th floor for party.

The cocktail was started at 7pm and the dinner was at 8pm. After I finished my photographer job, I joined DC Cloud to have dinner. Then, we met Scropiola and other fan, we chatted and shared the happiness memory. Around 9:30pm, I told everybody that it should be about the time to check him. I got a feeling that he probably would leave before 10pm. So, we wrapped the things and checked the party entrance again…wowow…”what can I say?” Timing is perfect. I saw Rain’s camera-man there. He seemed waiting for someone….hahaha…who else?

About 5 minutes, Rain came down from elevator with English Teacher. He did the short interview with camera-man (we guess it should be for Rainy Day series). At that time, there were no fans, no media, nobody there….only some people went in and out the elevator. Scropiola was busy to tape Rain. I and other 2 fans stood aside facing Rain. We didn’t put the cameras up. 3 of us just looked at him. He was so cute…he talked and faced to camera man on one second, he turned his face to us one second…then keep doing this one after one…It’s difficult to describe the feeling. Imagine a little boy kept doing home work but eyes were looking at his toys or ice-creams. His eyes seem saying I want to go that side…About 5-7 minutes, he finished the clip and ready to leave. We ran toward him and want to get the autograph. Finally 2 fans got autographs on album and Time 100 magazine. Rain continued to sign before he went into his car. Unfortunately, security tried to rush him into the car. Rain said “I am sorry”. I stayed in the front of his strength limo. I saw him turn the light on. Sit relaxingly…yeah!

Ji Hoon will leave NY tomorrow. The short 3 and half days trip gave us unforgettable memory.

Missing him!

-by Cuckoo

anjjo, thanks for sharing the story of cuckoo again. It was a short one but another unforgettable experience for all of you who were there again. Kudos to you, cuckoo for being a "photographer" at that moment - your shots, which you had done were in various angles. Wondering if this is the video clip you were referring to here? :sweatingbullets:

[04-27] 110427 YTN_Rain @ TIME100 Party

Credit: YTN // scorpiolabibi @ youtube

비, '타임 100인' 행사 참석...여성팬 환호

My link

anjjo, Ever since I've been a fan of RAIN I'm always curious & excited to see his airport fashion all the time. Now, during his departure to NY RAIN showed off again his fashion sense. Although it’s a casual fashion it was eye-catching. As you posted, he matched that Dior collection of brown T-shirt and black-coloured pants with MCM backpack (this backpack became the hot issue because of its leopard prints) and it showed off his stylish attractiveness. I want to carry that backpack during travelling, too - hehehe. Moreover, he completed his own style of airport fashion with must-have items such as black sunglasses and headphone. “Real fashionista!” – outshining more than other celebrities out there - :lol:

*** That’s amazing he got to meet Sting, as what he said the one he respects & likes. Rain as a Sting fan is hilarious - hehehe. But, oh, even STING knows him. If in case there are people who don't know who Sting is then maybe they must not know music. He used to sing with this group called Police. Once again...congratulations, RAIN! Awww... Rain, you deserve it. I hope you'll be able to come back again in a few years from now! I'm happy he's having fun there. Looks like he had a blast! l This tweet is PRICELESS! :lol:

Rain attends the “Time 100″ gala

tn_1303871703_1236819064_0.jpg

‘World star’ Rain recently headed off to the States to attend the “Time 100” gala on April 26th for the second time in five years.

Rain updated his fans on the event by tweeting, “Coming back again after five years… I can’t describe the feeling in words!”

He continued, “At first, I thought it’d be the first and last time that I’d ever stand here, but I’m here again! Would I be able to come back in a few years from now? Anyway, thank you so much everyone. I’m heading back to our studio right now.”

On the 27th, he tweeted again, “The fact that he knows me and that he even ate with me… He’s someone I respected so much when I was younger, he’s the best. I’m seriously at a loss for words. Everyone, it’s Sting. OMG!”

Source: Star News via Nate, allkpop

[Apr-27-2011]<Eng.trans> YTN_Rain @ TIME100 Party in New York.

My link

Singer Rain picked as one of the US's newsweekly TIME's top 100 most influential people in the world, attended its gala party in New York. He showed off his unchanged popularity even in USA.

[Report]

The world's 100 celebrities included in Time 100 final list were gathered in front of Time Warner building in New York.

When singer Rain appeared with a tuxedo on, female fans greeted him with acclamations.

The saturation coverage of him became too much to walk on the red carpet.

(0:43~49)

Rain stated his feelings about having been picked as one of Time 100 final list, "It's good of you to invite me, and I think it's a great honor for me to be here today."

Rain who has become the first Asian to be twice selected as one of the world's most influential people by Time, received a hearty welcome by his fans even here.

Among female fans sending their great cheers to him, a mother and her daughter who arrived at the spot after driving for three hours were so excited.

[interview with 'Tara Cornille' from State of Connecticut]

"I first heard about him from my mom, I watched his movie Ninja Assasin, I really liked that movie too and I start listening to his music and stuff and I really got into him. He's awesome." (the part edited by scorpiola)

Singer Rain's fans who came to congratulate him on being as one of Time 100 final list, hoped that he would firmly consolidate his position as a global star through this event.

Credit to YTN // scorpiola @

[Apr-27-2011] Rain has dinner sitting next to singer Sting at Time 100 gala party.

36733409.4.jpg

Via his Twitter on the afternoon of the 27th, singer Rain posted a picture of him with the UK's famous singer Sting at Time 100 gala party held in New York, USA.

Rain posted, "He is one of the best singers in the world, also knows me, even has dinner sitting next to me, and I've admired since I was a child. Everybody, I'm so excited that I can't talk. It is Sting....OMG!!!!!!!!!!! "

Seeing the post, his fans supported him, posting messages "Please return home after you grace the occasion with you presence." but some of them used their childlike charms as they asked him, "I really like Sting, too. Would you please get his autograph for me?"

Meanwhile, Rain who has currently been filming his movie 'Red Muffler', is going to return home at 5:35pm on the 28th to do things as scheduled.

Credit to dongA.com http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=020&aid=0002235179

Star News http://cafe.daum.net/benamoo

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Rain with English Teacher in New York two years ago

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for posting these photos. Wow, this is all I can say! RAIN is leaving for Korea soon and it is expected that a lot of fans will gather around the airport again to see him. He’s scheduled to return to Korea: April 28 – 535PM. As this fact was let known, I’m sure many want to know what time RAIN will get on. :lol:

Rain & Baekga picture

ratoka 2011-04-26 @

rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

No need to say that our Rain is the most handsome among those guys! Rain looks very tired but still sooooo young!!

*quoted image*

Yes, that is Rain! It is simple, chic, but always some luxurious brands. I think he was wearing that necklace last year too, but can't remember at what event.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Thanks soooo much for more pictures! His smile is very cute on the first picture.

[KBS1] Rain @ Time 100 gala party in NY

credit : // ratoka06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ONlOvI_rBM

*quoted image*

Thanks jinijung for the clip! Wonder if Rain was interviewed in English at all.

April 28, 2011

Rain: ‘I Am Encouraged by Being Included in ‘Time 100’ Again’

Rain was listed in the “Time 100” for the second time, and he said during an interview, “I want to meet US president Obama at the 'Time 100’ ceremony,” and “I will join the army at the end of this year and I want to engage in a contest as an actor in the US after finishing my military obligation.”

7766_2519_l.jpg

Actor and singer Rain (real name Jeong Ji Hoon, 29) expressed his feelings, saying, “I come to have new hope as I have been selected to the list for the ‘TIME 100’ after a five year-break, and I have obtained energy to hold activities in the USA confidently as a person from an Asian country.” Rain was included on the final list of the “Time 100,” where Time magazine selects the “world’s most influential 100 people,” and it was for the first time for Asian stars to be included twice on the list. During the interview with Yonhap News through the phone on April 24, he proudly said, “I can see the possibility that the first runner of the Asian region can also be the first runner of the whole world.” He had also ranked atop the online poll that “Time 100” conducted by earning almost 406,000 votes. He left to New York on April 24 to participate in the celebration party for the “TIME 100” which will be held on April 26. He said, “I want to meet the US president Barack Obama, who was also selected to the ‘Time 100,’ and want to talk to Canadian singer Justin Bieber.”

Following are the questions and answers with Rain.

Q: You must be very encouraged as you were selected in the “Time 100” again after five years since you had advanced to the US. How do you feel?

A: In 2006 when I was first included on the list, I could not believe it and I just thought that I was very lucky. People also might have thought that I was just lucky. But this time, I am very happy and it is very glorious for our family. I think that I might been selected again maybe because I had been awarded at last year’s 'MTV Movie Awards' in the US with my Hollywood movie 'Ninja Assassin,' which was released in 2009, by playing the protagonist and I ranked atop the online poll for the 'Time 100.' I can have a new hope as I have been selected to the “Time 100” after five years and I am very much encouraged to hold activities proudly in the US as a person from an Asian country.

Q: What do you think about the final list of the “Time 100?”

A: As the IT industry has been developed greatly all around the world, people can actively exchange information. Western counties were at the center of culture in the past, but now Asian culture is getting popularity in Europe and even in South America as the contents made in Asian countries can be easily introduced through the Internet. Korean cultural content is some of the best among that made in the Asian region. Asian people make half of the world's population and people in western countries have also come to enjoy Asian culture very much, so I can see the possibility that the first runner of Asia can be the first runner of the world. I think that the list of this “Time 100” reflected the current situation. I hope that no more people think that the first ranking in the US market means the best in the world market.

Q: It was an accident that you met the famous Hollywood movie director Jerry Bruckheimer at the party celebrating “Time 100” in 2006. Which celebrity do you want to meet this time?

A: I want to meet the US president Barack Obama and I want to talk about music with Justin Bieber. I had been very nervous when I attended the party in 2006, but this time, I want to more actively participate in conversation with other people. I was seated at the same table with director Jerry Bruckheimer, but I could barely recognize him because I was really tense. He was curious about me and my previous activities and asked me whether I would like to advance to the US as an actor. Since then, I could film Hollywood movies, so I have a lot of anticipation about whom I can meet at the party and what kind of relationship I can form.

Q: Are you filming the movie "Fly Up (working title)?"

A: I used to choose the works to appear in when I liked the characters in the works, but this time, I chose this movie as the harmony between the script and character seemed to be very attractive. I finished filming almost 40 percent and it will be completed at the beginning of August. Major computer graphic works such as making an explosion scene remain. The time of the movie is the present and I will play a pilot in the movie. The basic storyline is that North Korea tries to attack South Korea with nuclear weapon and the air force tries to deter North Korea from provoking a war and keep the peace in the Korea. It seems to be a war movie, but actually it will deliver a message of humanism. We had a hard time from the firing of artillery by North Korea against Yeonpyeongdo, and I think that we might be able to release our emotions against North Korea and have a better understanding about soldiers through this movie. The movie will be released around next year’s New Year’s Day and people from every generation can enjoy this movie.

Q: Is it true that you will join the army just like the character that you are playing in the movie?

A: Yes, I will join the army at the end of this year because the air force has an age limitation (laugh). I felt sorry when I had recently

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentNews/view.html?No=7766

[Apr-28-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain Interview @ KBS News9_Time100 gale party in NY.

My link

It is said the Time 100 Red Carpet produces a desire for the world's celebrities to walk on at least once in their lifetime. Singer Rain has walked on it once again, this is the second time since 2006.

[interview] Rain, a singer and actor.(0:27~0:34)

"I think Asian fans' global influence has creased as the Asian culture has been activated a little more than the western one compared to the past."

He's become the first Asian to be picked as one of the Time 100 final list, which has attracted the Western press's particular attention.

Credit to KBS // ratoka06

110422 Rain @ twitter

ratoka 2011-04-22 @

rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

11-04-22 Rain ticket to the award and gala party invitation

ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

source : 29rain @ twitter

*quoted image*

-------------------------------------

[Apr-22-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_Time100 gala party invitation.

팬 여러분들 덕분에 또 한번 영광스러운 자리에 올랐네여 팬 여러분들 감사합니다 ^^ 같이 즐겨요! 갈라쇼와 시상식 티켓입니다 ..

Thanks to all my fans, I've won the honorable title again.

Thank all of you^^ Let's enjoy it! This is the ticket for the award and gala party invitation.

http://twitpic.com/4nwbpv

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29rain Ji hoon jung

오랜만에 뉴스 스튜디오를 갑니다 ㅋㅋ 괜히 긴장 ^^~~~~2006 년 100인에 뽑히고 두번째에용 kbs1 11시 뉴스입니다 내일은 9시뉴스 ㅋㅋ말잘해야지~~

I've come to appear on a news show in a long time.. keke..Somehow I'm a bit nervous ^^

~~~This is the second time since 2006 I've been chosen as one of the Time 100 winners..It's KBS 1's 11 o'clock news show for today. I'll appear on its 9 o'clock news show tomorrow. keke..I'll speak very well.~~

29rain Ji hoon jung

@gori7911 투표로 되는거 아니거든요!

The winners are not chosen by voting !

(When gori7911 mentioned, "나 투표했다. 축하해. 그리고 기억하라구!"

"I voted for you. congratulations! and remember that I voted for you!")

29rain Ji hoon jung

This is the ticket for the award and gala party invitation.^^http://twitpic.com/4nwdtq

29rain Ji hoon jung

Thanks to all my fans. Because you all, I received this honorable invitation again.

29rain Ji hoon jung

팬 여러분들 덕분에 또 한번 영광스러운 자리에 올랐네여 팬 여러분들 감사합니다 ^^ 같이 즐겨요! 갈라쇼와 시상식 티켓입니다 ..

Thanks to all my fans, I've won the honorable title again.

Thank all of you.^^ Let's enjoy it! This is the ticket for the award and gala party invitation.

http://twitpic.com/4nwbpv

anjjo, thanks for sharing all these tweets. I’m so glad to see that he updates his Twitter now from time to time despite his busy schedule. This could get him closer with his fans all over the world. I hope we could get updates frequently with fun sides of him and quick news. I get so surprised sometimes when he updated his status completely in English. I was like "Wait, this is your page and you speak & write in English? Although, he post in his language all the time (which I don't mind at all) I just went and liked that page myself. Now, he knows to post some pictures already & I think I'd call that an accomplishment. :lol:

[KBS1] Rain @ Time 100 gala party in NY

credit : // ratoka06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ONlOvI_rBM

*quoted image*

jini, thanks for sharing this clip. RAIN has shown off his power as a Hallyu star by being the No. 1 in TIME online voting poll, which put him on the Final TIME 100 selection. His fans from different countries had come together to vote for him. I feel that it’s because he’s broadened his worth as a Hallyu star. :sweatingbullets:

[04-28] 4.26.11 Rain at Time 100 Gala red carpet

Credit: Cuckoo- New York Cloud

Please put credit when you re-post the video, thank you.

My link

04-28] 11-04-28 Rain @ Incheon International Airport

Credit : ratoka-rainlegend

airportarrivalfromNY1.jpg

airportarrivalfromNY2.jpg

airportarrivalfromNY6.jpg

Meanwhile, here are some first pics of Rain at the Time Party -

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, during this event, he didn’t only meet Sting but also Bruno Mars & some other famous people. But wahhh……look at their picture with Bruno Mars. BM looks so small – hahaha. Kidding aside, I'm so happy seeing RAIN's name in the TIME 100 once again. Winning by a landslide, RAIN secured the top position with nearly a half-million votes over Jay Chou, who came in a distant second on the online voting poll. :lol: