Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

I wonder why Se7en opened a restaurant and if this is common in Korea. And I would like to know if it is really delicious or if people are biased because he is a celebrity and friend. ;)

bbly, so many stars have some restos in Korea just like Bae Yong Joon & Kwon Sang Woo then Se7en now. Only RAIN among my BIG MEN has to do this in the future, maybe? So many K-stars have some resto business there. Hehehe - Se7en's steamed chicken is very delicious - see, I'm biased because I love the man! :lol:

Get beautiful, Korean style

photo155027.jpg

by Suzy Chung

Forget that beauty is only skin deep. It's such an outdated saying. I'm quite sure it was first said by someone bitter who was hurt by someone extremely beautiful and the only way to alleviate the pain was by saying something snarky.

(skipped unrelated.....)

photo155026.jpg

The Face Shop, Kim Hyun Joong, is on this store front, but Won Bin (Official website) is also doing spokesmodel duties for the brand. The brand has been around since 2003 and despite getting a lot of flake for its similarity in name to a certain global brand, it has grown steadily and is now considered an established brand.

(skipped...)

photo155025.jpg

Remember how I mentioned that for Korean cosmetics, skincare was vital? The brand name says it all. Skinfood quickly became a big hit when it launched in 2004 with their motto "good food is good for the skin". In this vein, their skincare lines mostly consist of ingredients that you can eat: vegetables, fruit, other various plants and roots such as wormwood, ginger, seaweed, red ginseng, and agave. There are lines based on soymilk, honey, red ginseng, and even hop beer.

photo155024.jpg

Nature Republic, probably has the largest roadshop store in Myeongdong. Their spokesmodels are Rain (Official website, Rain ~~~!!!) who is not pictured and the members of JYJ. Their commercials have a new age atmosphere with serene music and sounds of nature blending in the background while the familiar stars do the voiceovers in soothing tones. It's almost hypnotic; proof that their marketing team is doing a fabulous job.

Their bestsellers are the soothing and moisture aloe gel, the Collagen Dream skincare line, and the hydrogel sheet masks.

http://www.naturerepublic.co.kr (http://www.naturerepublic.co.kr/index.jsp)

photo155023.jpg

Innisfree's logo captures what the brand is about: natural, organic, and environment friendly. Yoona of Girls' Generation (Official website) fame (소녀시대, SNSD) is their current model, which they benefit from immensely when promoting their men's line products. The Camouflage cream set, which consists of three creams in military camouflage colors, green, black, and orange, is being sold with a limited promotional postcard set of Yoona. (It is a cream for soldiers doing their military service.)

photo155022.jpg

One of the oldest cosmetics brands in Korea, Etude went through several image changes during the years and has grown into a megabrand. The brand has stores nationwide and overseas in Asia.

photo155021.jpg

Meaning "beauty" (아리따움) in pure Korean, Aritaum is not a brand but the name of the roadshop that carries all the brands from the big name cosmetic company Amore Pacific. Laneige, Mamonde, Happy Bath, Odyssey, espoir, and their higher priced brands Iope and Hannule can all be found in the same shop, although the stocked products may slightly differ from location to location.

photo155020.jpg

Member of the Aritaum family, Laneige also has an independent store in the area. Laneige is not only known for skincare but also their makeup. Eye shadow sets, lipsticks and glosses are most popular.

photo155019.jpg

It's Skin basically defines their priority in their brand name. Keeping true to their name, it's mostly the hardcore skincare products that top their bestseller list such as: the PRESTIGE creme d'escargot i.e. snail cream, which basically has the consistency of a snail's slippery mucin; and the Power 10 Formula VC Effector, a pore tightening and clarifying essence.

photo155018.jpg

I'm going to be honest. I rarely go into a banila co. shop because so much pink makes me ill. (It's pinkier than Etude!) However, it is a very popular brand among students and 20-somethings who count the simple package design as one of the brand's strong points.

photo155017.jpg

I keep thinking "holy moly" when I see TONYMOLY. It's also what I say upon hearing their brand slogan which is "skin revolution". Talk about big aspirations. Not sure how well they're doing in that department, but what is sure is that they have some of the cutest packaging design ever. The tangerine and peach handcreams respectively come in tangerine shaped and peach shaped containers, the teardrop moisture cream in a teardrop shape, the eggpore series for treating blackheads and pores in you guessed it, an egg shape.

photo155016.jpg

Launching in the summer of 2010 and fairly being a newcomer to the market, The Saem showcases Lee Seung-gi (Official website) as their spokesmodel. Meaning " spring " (샘 as in water, not the season) in Korean, the brand is promoting itself as the "spring of wise beauty", and is currently emphasizing their skincare line. The Gem Miracle line is their bestseller.

photo155015.jpg

Another new brand. If you're wondering why there's a witch on Holika Holika's logo, it's because the brand is named after a magic spell, apparently a spell to make you the most beautiful and most confident. It is a sister brand to the established brand Enprani and the brand's concept was created by designer Kang San http://jamsan.com.

Information

All brands can be found in the main streets of Myeongdong, i.e. the streets noted in red. For other locations, check out their homepages.

photo155013.jpg

Korean comestic brands are available from YESSTYLE

Source : blog.korea.net/?p=157... ( English Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

More pics

Esquire (March 2011)

scorpiola 2011-02-22 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

Credit: 캐보꾸 @ DC

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for posting more Esquire photos. He looks sharp on the 1st/2nd pics while a little sad on the last 2-photos. Overall, RAIN is sporting a fresh look for his new movie LITK. You didn't post the cover pic here but I do love that expression on his face - he looks so hyper-aware of his beauty – as if he's telling us “these are my power brows.” - wahhhhh........ Kidding aside, these photos you posted are a nice wake-up this morning! Aigoo....my desktop screen will explode with this entire hotness overload!! Esquire is trying to KILL us! What a tease! But a very good marketing initiative on the magazine's part. :sweatingbullets:

Get beautiful, Korean style

*quoted image*

by Suzy Chung

Forget that beauty is only skin deep. It's such an outdated saying. I'm quite sure it was first said by someone bitter who was hurt by someone extremely beautiful and the only way to alleviate the pain was by saying something snarky.

(skipped unrelated.....)

*quoted image*

The Face Shop, Kim Hyun Joong, is on this store front, but Won Bin (Official website) is also doing spokesmodel duties for the brand. The brand has been around since 2003 and despite getting a lot of flake for its similarity in name to a certain global brand, it has grown steadily and is now considered an established brand.

(skipped...)

*quoted image*

Remember how I mentioned that for Korean cosmetics, skincare was vital? The brand name says it all. Skinfood quickly became a big hit when it launched in 2004 with their motto "good food is good for the skin". In this vein, their skincare lines mostly consist of ingredients that you can eat: vegetables, fruit, other various plants and roots such as wormwood, ginger, seaweed, red ginseng, and agave. There are lines based on soymilk, honey, red ginseng, and even hop beer.

*quoted image*

Nature Republic, probably has the largest roadshop store in Myeongdong. Their spokesmodels are Rain (Official website, Rain ~~~!!!) who is not pictured and the members of JYJ. Their commercials have a new age atmosphere with serene music and sounds of nature blending in the background while the familiar stars do the voiceovers in soothing tones. It's almost hypnotic; proof that their marketing team is doing a fabulous job.

Their bestsellers are the soothing and moisture aloe gel, the Collagen Dream skincare line, and the hydrogel sheet masks.

http://www.naturerepublic.co.kr (http://www.naturerepublic.co.kr/index.jsp)

*quoted image*

Innisfree's logo captures what the brand is about: natural, organic, and environment friendly. Yoona of Girls' Generation (Official website) fame (소녀시대, SNSD) is their current model, which they benefit from immensely when promoting their men's line products. The Camouflage cream set, which consists of three creams in military camouflage colors, green, black, and orange, is being sold with a limited promotional postcard set of Yoona. (It is a cream for soldiers doing their military service.)

*quoted image*

One of the oldest cosmetics brands in Korea, Etude went through several image changes during the years and has grown into a megabrand. The brand has stores nationwide and overseas in Asia.

*quoted image*

Meaning "beauty" (아리따움) in pure Korean, Aritaum is not a brand but the name of the roadshop that carries all the brands from the big name cosmetic company Amore Pacific. Laneige, Mamonde, Happy Bath, Odyssey, espoir, and their higher priced brands Iope and Hannule can all be found in the same shop, although the stocked products may slightly differ from location to location.

*quoted image*

Member of the Aritaum family, Laneige also has an independent store in the area. Laneige is not only known for skincare but also their makeup. Eye shadow sets, lipsticks and glosses are most popular.

*quoted image*

It's Skin basically defines their priority in their brand name. Keeping true to their name, it's mostly the hardcore skincare products that top their bestseller list such as: the PRESTIGE creme d'escargot i.e. snail cream, which basically has the consistency of a snail's slippery mucin; and the Power 10 Formula VC Effector, a pore tightening and clarifying essence.

*quoted image*

I'm going to be honest. I rarely go into a banila co. shop because so much pink makes me ill. (It's pinkier than Etude!) However, it is a very popular brand among students and 20-somethings who count the simple package design as one of the brand's strong points.

*quoted image*

I keep thinking "holy moly" when I see TONYMOLY. It's also what I say upon hearing their brand slogan which is "skin revolution". Talk about big aspirations. Not sure how well they're doing in that department, but what is sure is that they have some of the cutest packaging design ever. The tangerine and peach handcreams respectively come in tangerine shaped and peach shaped containers, the teardrop moisture cream in a teardrop shape, the eggpore series for treating blackheads and pores in you guessed it, an egg shape.

*quoted image*

Launching in the summer of 2010 and fairly being a newcomer to the market, The Saem showcases Lee Seung-gi (Official website) as their spokesmodel. Meaning " spring " (샘 as in water, not the season) in Korean, the brand is promoting itself as the "spring of wise beauty", and is currently emphasizing their skincare line. The Gem Miracle line is their bestseller.

*quoted image*

Another new brand. If you're wondering why there's a witch on Holika Holika's logo, it's because the brand is named after a magic spell, apparently a spell to make you the most beautiful and most confident. It is a sister brand to the established brand Enprani and the brand's concept was created by designer Kang San http://jamsan.com.

Information

All brands can be found in the main streets of Myeongdong, i.e. the streets noted in red. For other locations, check out their homepages.

*quoted image*

Korean comestic brands are available from YESSTYLE

Source : blog.korea.net/?p=157... ( English Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Thanks willenette for this article on beauty products and outlets in Korea. In connection with this, isn't it cool if we have Rain in our nails? :lol::lol:

c0047605_0382458.jpg

Source:rainstorm.exblog

Thanks willenette for this article on beauty products and outlets in Korea. In connection with this, isn't it cool if we have Rain in our nails? :lol::lol:

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks dear for posting this photo.......ahhh........why his face is only in 1-nail - it should be in all the nails. But, this is nice & cool - I remember I saw this quite a long time ago......Looking at it is quite weird/funny, huh - there's someone's face in your nail? :lol:

[Feb-23-2011] Rain is the object of pro baseball player 'Hong Seong Heun's envy.

1292056285561.jpg

Pro baseball player 'Hong Seong Heun' who is known to be a devoted husband, raised a laugh by saying, "My wife who used to tell me, saying, 'I concern myself with you and no one else', suddenly changed her attitude toward me the moment she saw Rain. So he always makes me a little nervous."

'Kim Jeong Im', 'Hong Seong Heun's wife, said about this, remembering from that day, "I was surprised when I first met Rain, to find that he had broader shoulders than my husband. When the three of us posed for a photo with our arms around each other's shoulders, I found he was exactly the right one for my taste in men."

Just then, 'Hong Seong Heun' looked like a cute guy filled with jealousy, saying baldly, "Live with him!"

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110223n06410

Photo : Expo news http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=107&oid=311&aid=0000042792

Brief translation by rain bird.

[22-Feb-11][dkpopnews]SNSD's Yoona spotted holding Se7en's hand?

*quoted image*

The photo of YoonA paying a visit to Se7en’s restaurant was shared on the internet recently.

On an online community, a post entitled, “YoonA was caught alone with Se7en” was published. However, do not be alarmed because YoonA was posing with a huge standing image of Se7en outside his restaurant, Yeolbong. In the photo, YoonA who dressed casually posed with a smile while shaking ‘Se7en”s hand.

Operating in Yeoksam-dong and Shinsa-dong in Seoul, Se7en’s steamed chicken restaurant, Yeolbong had received visits from a lot of celebrities besides YoonA. On February 21st at around 10pm KST, Rain tweeted, “Today we visited our dongsaeng’s (younger brother’s) restaurant” Among other celebrities who had visited Yeolbong are So Yoojin, Park Hanbyul, Lee Jung, Shim Taeyoon, Yoo Inna, BoA, SHINee’s Onew, Yoon Eunhye, etc.

source : http://news.nate.com/view/20110222n14502 //Fanwonder.com //dkpopnews

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. Welcome to Yeolbong, Yoona! Why shake a fake Se7en when you can actually shake the real one? Actually, Yeolbong restaurant has various celebrities photographed in that same pose even Se7en himself had a photo - hehehe. Wonder why RAIN has none. A lot of K-celebrities open chicken outlets like this.....I'm so happy for Se7en since this restaurant is completely owned by him. He's a very nice friend that's why a lot of the k stars have been visiting his new restaurant showing friendship and close relations.... One of them is RAIN........ good that he has time to go out. Guys, if you go to Korea include this restaurant on your "Things to do in KOREA" list. I wanna go to his restaurant, too & sit where RAIN sat. :lol:

But what he said makes one thoughtful as it shows that he feels the pressure already and that there is high expectation from him, especially after the modest ratings of Fugitive.

bbly, I like the word you used "modest ratings" - We knew that the drama wasn’t a failure after all – it had moderate success! Despite its all star cast it wasn't enough to bring in the ratings in its episodes. The pilot was a success but unfortunately with each passing episode the drama's ratings dipped lower & stopped until the finale’. Still it's not poor or disappointing. Just wonder why Fugitive failed to garner viewers when the plot is good, huh? I really pray that his upcoming movie will be a success one! :sweatingbullets:

Pop-Up Ad. for Cloud8th recruitment

Cuckoo 2011-02-23 @ rain-cloud.co.kr/

When you login Cloud website, you probably will see a pop up window about the Cloud8th.

8thCloudMembershipBenefits.jpg

Here is the translation.

RAIN official The Cloud8th recruitment begins!!

Benefit of membership:

*Official FanClud membership card and souvenir

*Login Cloud website offiically and offer information other than regular members

...* As Fanclub member attend Fan Meeting (one time)

*Priority admission on public broadcasting (has to arrange with event organizer)

*Other FAN CLUB events

Credit Kor to Chin from Cindy

Eng briefly translated by Cuckoo

bbly, so many stars have some restos in Korea just like Bae Yong Joon & Kwon Sang Woo then Se7en now. Only RAIN among my BIG MEN has to do this in the future, maybe? So many K-stars have some resto business there. Hehehe - Se7en's steamed chicken is very delicious - see, I'm biased because I love the man! :lol:

Hahahaha, yes you really seem to love Se7en a lot. Let's make a deal: if one day for a wonderful reason we all should be in Korea (you, anjjo, angel, Kicia, jini and so on), then we will go together to his restaurant. :D

bbly, I like the word you used "modest ratings" - We knew that the drama wasn’t a failure after all – it had moderate success! Despite its all star cast it wasn't enough to bring in the ratings in its episodes. The pilot was a success but unfortunately with each passing episode the drama's ratings dipped lower & stopped until the finale’. Still it's not poor or disappointing. Just wonder why Fugitive failed to garner viewers when the plot is good, huh? I really pray that his upcoming movie will be a success one! :sweatingbullets:

After all it wasn't a failure, it went even up a bit too towards the middle of the drama, so yes it is a modest success. Of course not something we had wished and hoped for, but it could be always worse. And let's hope that his movie won't have the same fate.

Pop-Up Ad. for Cloud8th recruitment

Cuckoo 2011-02-23 @ rain-cloud.co.kr/

When you login Cloud website, you probably will see a pop up window about the Cloud8th.

*quoted image*

Here is the translation.

RAIN official The Cloud8th recruitment begins!!

Benefit of membership:

*Official FanClud membership card and souvenir

*Login Cloud website offiically and offer information other than regular members

...* As Fanclub member attend Fan Meeting (one time)

*Priority admission on public broadcasting (has to arrange with event organizer)

*Other FAN CLUB events

Credit Kor to Chin from Cindy

Eng briefly translated by Cuckoo

Sorry, I am not following this right now but is this the registration for all fans or only for certain nationalities?

Hahahaha, yes you really seem to love Se7en a lot. Let's make a deal: if one day for a wonderful reason we all should be in Korea (you, anjjo, angel, Kicia, jini and so on), then we will go together to his restaurant. :D

Sorry, I am not following this right now but is this the registration for all fans or only for certain nationalities?

Hi bbly, we'll be like a "dream team" going to Se7en's resto. I know I will enjoy it. :lol: Since it's just a wish, I hope Rain can join us! :rolleyes::wub:

About the registration, as far as I know this is international, but right now they are processing the Japanese and Korean fans' application. Here's another info -

[Feb-23-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> We ask for your understanding regarding the membership fees for the 8th Cloud.

Hi, this is the 7th Cloud executive board.

We hardly venture to say it, but...

Before the recruitment of the 8th Cloud has even finished, we're in a very tough situation in which we have to pay for the monthly server fee of 1,400,000 won next month with that money (the current membership fees for the 8th Cloud) you have currently remitted to us, including a situation where it needs one more time to be repaired soon ( 800,000 won) and our activity cost has not yet been calculated.

Our balance is now only 358,000 won, based on the previous session (the 7th Cloud)

So, the worsening deficit has forced the executive board to use that current money for the server fees.

If we had begun recruiting last July or spent money more wisely, none of this would have happened.

We castigate ourselves for being so careless, but on the other hand we’re stuck in a no-win situation, so please be generous with us and try to understand this point.

We'll gladly accept any denouncement.

Sorry, we've not been able to live up to your expectations.

The detailed budgets so far will be announced as soon as possible.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08062719294427&ref=3307&page=

After all it wasn't a failure, it went even up a bit too towards the middle of the drama, so yes it is a modest success. Of course not something we had wished and hoped for, but it could be always worse. And let's hope that his movie won't have the same fate.

Hi bbly, ye, I love it - all of us going in Korea & visit his resto - But, why only Se7en, huh - please include BYJ & KSW's place as well - hehehe. Then, we could go to RAIN's office. Dreaming.......why not, dear? :sweatingbullets:

[Feb-24-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> For worldwide fans living in countries except Korea and Japan_The recruitment of the 8th Cloud fan club.

This announcement applies only to all those who are living in countries except Korea and Japan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We begin recruiting new members for the 8th Cloud.

Please read carefully and follow the directions.

1) The dates for accepting applications : February 21st, 2011 (Mon) ~ March 20th (Sun), 2011.

2) The period of work : From day on when the line of the membership is upgraded to a Regular Member belonging to the 8th Cloud who can enter the section, “구름가득한방”, of this site.

3) Pay Pal users are asked to send US $ 55 through a fixed email, inclusive fees

(only in cash, only in US $, unconditionally)

4) Minors are eligible for a discount :

* Reduced fee which pertains to minors who are living in overseas countries, is US $ 40, and it offers discounts only to those who have proved to be minors through overseas manager 'Heidi Li' when they join the fan club.

Please make sure to contact 'Heidi Li' through her email before the remittance.

(We'll get certifications relating to your evidences proving that you are minors )

5) The benefits of being a member here is that,

① you’re given the opportunity of receiving its official membership card and goods

② you’re given the opportunity of becoming a qualified member who can receive differentiated information.

③ you’re given the opportunity of attending Rain's fan meeting to the fan club (one time only)

④ you're given priority in admission during the open broadcasts (through arrangements with organizers)

⑤ you can be given the opportunity of attending other events

bn joincloud8th@gmail.com <joincloud8th@gmail.com>

4) The way to apply for membership of the 8th Cloud is run through "rain-cloud.co.kr" (application & remittance)

For the recruitment of the 8th Cloud for overseas fans, please contact manager 'Heidi Li' through ( joincloud8th@gmail.com )

Even though a lot of problems had been encountered during the overseas recruitment last time, we couldn't be often prompt in dealing with them.

So managers in charge of the recruitment relating to overseas countries except Korea and Japan, have been arranged to make the work come on in leaps and bounds.

Thus, those who will join the club are asked to contact the managers through the emails below. They will be happy to answer any questions you have.

The contents of your emails with the expenditure will belong to the managers and us (the executive board)

★ The procedure for joining ★

* Please use extreme care not to follow the wrong order.

① You're asked to send US $ 55 through Paypal (woodong002@naver.com ) by the designated date.

* You're asked to remit the money only in cash (only in cash, only in US $, unconditionally) (No credit card transactions)

The name of the remitter should be set as the ID that you use with when you log on to rain-cloud.co.kr.

Further details will be announced later for those who don't know how to use Pay pal.

(Taiwanese and Chinese applicants who find it's difficult to use Pay Pal, can send the money as a group through master Taiwan's master Sindy and China's master Amanda, respectively. In addition to this, more detailed information about the remittance as a group will be announced by each master from each country.)

→→ You have several blanks that you need to complete up when you remit the money through Pay Pal ←←

① ID ②name ③nation ④mailing address ⑤ email address.

When the money is sent as a group through Pay Pal, 5 items above of each of all the applicants should be completed up.

② You are asked to log on to 'rain-cloud.co.kr' to join the 8th Cloud after the remittance (New members should register on the site)

* Even though you have sent the money together as a group, you need to fill out the form with each ID of each of you.

③ Please click the banner below for membership of the 8th Cloud, and press OK after following the form..

* Please don't modify your ID while following the form.

* You are supposed to receive your mail through each master from each country, so you should write down each of your domestic and foreign mailing addresses in English.

Applying for membership of the 8th Cloud after the remittance. ↓↓↓

*In a special case where you can't help but send the money in Korean money.

You are asked to remit 65,000 won in Korean money (that is the conclusive fee including remittance charges )

But, if possible, please use Pay Pal.

BANK NAME : KOOKMIN BANK

SWIFT CODE : CZNBKRSEXXX

652702-04-132939 LEE, GAWON

You can follow the form after clicking the banner above after the remittance.

* We won't answer all questions except the two cases of (the remittance in Korean money from overseas, and the remittance in cash through Pay Pal) .

Moving on to other methods could further complicate the process of the recruitment, so we ask for your understanding regarding this matter

★ Here are a few things that you need to be aware of ★

1. Please post your contact number where we can reach you, and your full postal address for your mail correctly.

(We cannot be held responsible for what happens caused by wrong information)

2. In case of withdrawing from the club after the completion of the application,

it's impossible to rejoin the club within the terms of the 8th membership.

3. Please note that you cannot return the item and no refund is possible after the completion of the application.

4. if you only fill out the form without transferring the fees to the given account or vice versa, you won't be included in the fan club members.

5. You can check to see whether the payment have been credited to the account or can check out the list of those who have become members, at one time after the completion of the application.

6. Make sure you keep your own remittance slip carefully which could be used instead of the membership card.

We hope to get a lot of interest from you

We'd appreciate it if you let it spread to other overseas overseas sites far and wider.

The contents above will be posted at the section, '구름들의사랑공간' of this site again after one day.

Credit to http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3308&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

English translation by rain bird.

[02-24] Rain @ Korean PIA(韓流ぴあ) Japan magazine (March 2011 Issue)

credit : mimi2 blog

m1.jpg?w=466&h=623

hanpia1103.jpg?w=218&h=300

credit:ratoka@Rain Legend

-----------------------------

Q&A on 8th Cloud Overseas Registration

huhuhuhu 2011-02-24 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

Dear all, the notice for 8th Cloud registration for overseas fans has finally come out.

This is the first time for the Cloud to accept PAYPAL to facilitate easier payment for overseas fans.

In this sense they are also on a learning curve how PAYPAL works. So please be patient and help us make this a smooth process for all. We are preparing a full guideline on the registration process - I hope this will come out soon!

If you have any questions, problems, comments, or if you need any help on this registration process please list

them here. We will try our best to address them!

Big thanks.

[Feb-24-2011]'Red Muffler' starring Rain will be filmed on location in his father's hometown.

'Red Muffler', a ten billion won blockbuster starring Rain, is expected to be filmed on location in his father's hometown, Seosan, in Chungchungnam-do. where he spent his childhood for a while.

This year's much anticipated blockbuster film 'Red Muffler' tells of the story of South Korea's fighter pilots' life-and-death struggles to resolve a crisis in the Korean peninsula on the brink of war.

In the movie, Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' (Rain), the youngest fighter pilot in the Black Eagle team best qualified, tries an absolutely forbidden maneuver in which the speed is sharply lowered to zero knot while putting on an air show, so he gets into trouble with the team and is shunted off to the 21st Combat Aircraft Wing, a regional combat air patrol. While there, he falls in love with Sergeant 'Yu Se Young' (Shin Se Kyung), a female aircraft mechanic who is very strict and uptight.

According to officials on the 24th, "With wholehearted cooperation from Air Force, the director and the leading actors have already had some rehearsals several times while looking for air bases such as in Haemi, Cheongjoo, and in Daegu, including Seosan of Chungchungnam-do for the final decision on the set that deserves the movie."

Adding, "Rain feels a strong sense of responsibility and expectancy that he didn't have before getting to play the venerated air force pilot in the movie. We'll shoot it, combing brilliant computer graphics with live-action location shots not seen in the past in this country."

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110224n05588

[Feb-25-2011]<Notice from rain-jihoon> Regarding Rain's participation in Korea Seoul Culture Art Awards Grand Prize.

Hi, this is J,Tune Camp.

Here is the announcement about Rain's participation in Korea Seoul Culture Art Awards Grand Prize.

He'll be awarded the World Star Grand Prize, so please give him your interest and support.

Date : February 28th (Mon), 7:00pm, 2011

Location : Olympic Sport Stadium in Seoul (Olympic Station, line 5 and 4, exit 3 TEL 02-410-1683)

Compere : Kim Byung Chan, Lee Dah Hye.

On that sort of pan-national basis, its main purpose is to arrange for culture to be available to people in the class suffered severe cultural disadvantage for free as a social service, which may motivate the culture of giving in Korea and go a long way towards restoring the public’s sense of cultural pride as contributors.

Along with this, it is one of the biggest pop-culture events of the year by uniting around art as the pivotal role for the improvement of Korea's pop culture in the world.

http://rain-jihoon.com/n2/notice_view.php?page=1&No=325&bSeq=477

Hi bbly, we'll be like a "dream team" going to Se7en's resto. I know I will enjoy it. :lol: Since it's just a wish, I hope Rain can join us! :rolleyes::wub:

Hi bbly, ye, I love it - all of us going in Korea & visit his resto - But, why only Se7en, huh - please include BYJ & KSW's place as well - hehehe. Then, we could go to RAIN's office. Dreaming.......why not, dear? :sweatingbullets:

Yes, it would be really a dream team :D and who knows sometimes wishes come true.

willenette, don't get me wrong but I am only interested in Rain dear so if one day I am in Korea I would only be interested in doing things related to Rain blush.gif . But I would do Se7en's restaurant as he is a good friend of Rain and as I love chicken. :P

[Feb-24-2011]'Red Muffler' starring Rain will be filmed on location in his father's hometown.

'Red Muffler', a ten billion won blockbuster starring Rain, is expected to be filmed on location in his father's hometown, Seosan, in Chungchungnam-do. where he spent his childhood for a while.

This year's much anticipated blockbuster film 'Red Muffler' tells of the story of South Korea's fighter pilots' life-and-death struggles to resolve a crisis in the Korean peninsula on the brink of war.

In the movie, Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' (Rain), the youngest fighter pilot in the Black Eagle team best qualified, tries an absolutely forbidden maneuver in which the speed is sharply lowered to zero knot while putting on an air show, so he gets into trouble with the team and is shunted off to the 21st Combat Aircraft Wing, a regional combat air patrol. While there, he falls in love with Sergeant 'Yu Se Young' (Shin Se Kyung), a female aircraft mechanic who is very strict and uptight.

According to officials on the 24th, "With wholehearted cooperation from Air Force, the director and the leading actors have already had some rehearsals several times while looking for air bases such as in Haemi, Cheongjoo, and in Daegu, including Seosan of Chungchungnam-do for the final decision on the set that deserves the movie."

Adding, "Rain feels a strong sense of responsibility and expectancy that he didn't have before getting to play the venerated air force pilot in the movie. We'll shoot it, combing brilliant computer graphics with live-action location shots not seen in the past in this country."

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110224n05588

Don't know why but I consider this as a good sign, a very good sign and I hope this movie will be a hit.

Regarding hometown etc. where was Rain born, where was he raised and where did he live actually? I have been always thinking he was born in Seoul and grew up there.

Yes, it would be really a dream team :D and who knows sometimes wishes come true.

willenette, don't get me wrong but I am only interested in Rain dear so if one day I am in Korea I would only be interested in doing things related to Rain blush.gif . But I would do Se7en's restaurant as he is a good friend of Rain and as I love chicken. :P

Hi bbly, it's fine, dear - I understand you - as you said, you love children - hehehe I'm a cradle-snatcher, too the reason why I love RAIN & Se7en. :lol:

[Feb-25-2011]Rain's sign is found at a snack bar.

247209797.jpg

사장님 있는 야근날 저녁 은 무조건떡뽀끼 ㅜ ㅜ 이제 진짜 질리기 직전 인데... 얼마나 맛있게 드시 는지... 없었던 연옌 싸인 ~ ~ 역시 비 싸인 있었고 ~ ~ 엠블랙 지오 ㅋ둘이같이왔낭 ~ ~

Our boss takes us to this snack bar to eat tteokbokki (떡복기) together whenever we work overtime with him.

Even though it's time to be fed up with this food, he always eats with gusto.

When we came to this place late this evening, we found there was Rain's sign on the wall, and Rain seemd to come with MBLAQ's GO.

source:http://twitpic.com/436kat

English translation by rain bird

[Feb-25-2011] Rain is found not guilty even in the Supreme Court.

tn_1298592122_170872377_0.jpg

Rain who faced a 4.6 billion won lawsuit claiming he defaulted on production agency 'Well Made Star M's contract when his world tour was cancelled, has been found not guilty even in the Supreme Court after the verdicts of the first and second trials.

Before this, Rain contracted to hold 35 world tour concerts with 'Star M' in 2006~2007, but the cancellation of the concert due to the trademark infringement of his name 'Rain' in the USA forced him to hold only 19 concerts.

For this reason, 'Star M' filed a 4.6 billion won compensation suit against Rain and JYP Entertainment claiming they didn't carry out their promise.

In this connection, the appellate court has affirmed the judgment of the lower court of that, "The reason why his concert was cancelled in the USA, is that 'Star M' mishandled the case of the trade mark dispute"

Adding, the Supreme Court has handed down its decision, "Rain and JYP Ent. do not need to return the money paid in advance. And 'Star M' which organized his China concert, will be liable for any damage caused by its cancellation.

Credit to Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20110225n04719

[Feb-25-2011] Rain plans to join the military sometime this summer.

20110225123104659b6_125055_0.jpg

Singer and actor Rain plans to join the military this summer.

Rain's agent told Star News on the 25th, "Rain'll probably join the military sometime this summer. If he receives formal notification from the Seoul Military Manpower Administration, he plans to follow it."

Adding, "He is planning his film and music careers before he joins the army. He'll start filming movie 'Red Muffler' in March and is thinking of releasing a music album."

Meanwhile, according to a Korean military source on the 25th, "Rain and actor 'Hyun Bin' are expected to participate in a military event in commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the outbreak of the Korean War."

* Actor 'Hyun Bin' is also about to join the army.

Credit to Star News http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview.htm?linkid=493&articleid=20110225123104659b6&newssetid=5

[Feb-25-2011]<Notice from rain-jihoon> Regarding the recruitment of 8th-term members for Rain's official fan club 'the Cloud'.

Hi, this is Cloud Master.

We begin recruiting 8th-term members for Rain's official fan club 'the Cloud'

● The dates for accepting applications : February 21st, 2011 (Mon) ~ March 20th (Sun), 2011.

● The period of work : From day on when the line of the membership is upgraded to a Regular Member belonging to the 8th Cloud who can enter the section, “구름가득한방”, of this site

● The benefits of being a member here is that,

① you’re given the opportunity of receiving its official membership card and goods

② you’re given the opportunity of becoming a qualified member who can receive differentiated information.

③ you’re given the opportunity of attending Rain's fan meeting to the fan club (one time only)

④ you're given priority in admission during the open broadcasts (through arrangements with organizers)

⑤ you can be given the opportunity of attending other events.

● The way to apply for membership of the 8th Cloud is run through "rain-cloud.co.kr" (application & remittance)

- Those who haven't joined yet are asked to refer to the announcement about the procedure for joining through the section [구름들의 사랑공간 ] of this site after following the registration process through http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

(A pop-up coming on contains the following : 'The recruitment of the 8th Cloud fan club members' & 'the benefits of being a member')

- 7th-term members for the Cloud fan club are asked to refer to the announcement at the section, [구름가득한방] of the site.

<Update>

The manager from http://rain-cloud.co.kr/ is now making the revised notice 7th-term members requested since there are some procedural problems. (by rain bird)

http://www.rain-jihoon.com/n2/notice_view.php?page=1&No=324&bSeq=476

--------------------------------------

Multilingual Lee Da-hae Picked to Host Seoul Art and Culture Awards

2011022500948_0.jpg

Lee Da-hae

Actress Lee Da-hae will host the 2nd Seoul Art and Culture Awards to be held in Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium on Monday.

The awards honor figures in the entertainment industry who showed outstanding performances or activities. Among last year's recipients were Girls' Generation, Rain, Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Bum-soo.

This year's ceremony will broaden its focus, so people from culturally marginalized groups have been invited. And some 1,500 tourists from Japan, China and Southeast Asia are also expected to fill the seats.

Lee has been chosen as she is fluent in English and Chinese, having demonstrated her language abilities when she hosted the 2009 Asia Song Festival.

Source:englishnews@chosun.com / Feb. 25, 2011

Don't know why but I consider this as a good sign, a very good sign and I hope this movie will be a hit.

Regarding hometown etc. where was Rain born, where was he raised and where did he live actually? I have been always thinking he was born in Seoul and grew up there.

bbly, I join you - I hope & pray that it will be a hit! I’d love to see how differently he acts in this movie. About hometown, Rain spent most of his childhood living with his parents and younger sister, Jeong Hanna in Seosan, Chungchungnam-do. This is where he was born. This is a province outside Seoul. It takes about 90 minutes to reach Seoul by bus. :lol:

[official Rain notice] Regarding Rain’s participation in Korea Seoul Culture Art Awards Grand Prize.

officialrainkoreaseoulartawardssc.jpg

Across the International Dateline, it is the morning of February 25 in S.Korea.

This notice has been posted on Rain’s official website, concerning » his 2nd Korea Seoul Culture Art Awards Grand Prize for World Star. Previously, it had been initially reported by the media that he would perform at the event, but this notice only reports that he will be there to receive his award, so please take note of that.

Thanks, all. Congratulations again, JiHoon!

credit: Stephe ^@@^@ cloudusa

-----------------------------------

Rain caps at Making the BLAQ STYLE

c0047605_0335090.jpg

c0047605_0335768.jpg

c0047605_03454.jpg

(News) SNSD chosen as Korea's No. 1 Power Celebrity on Forbes Korea

SNSD were chosen as Korea’s no.1 Power Celebrity on Forbes Korea this year. Figure-skating queen, Kim YunA who topped the list for 2 years in a row was placed 3rd this year while Manchester United winger and former captain of the Korean football team, Park Jisung came in 2nd.

The Top 40 list was revealed in conjunction with the 8th anniversary of Forbes Korea’s founding. In determining the ranking, appearances on news articles, TV advertisements, Internet searches, etc are some of the major criteria. Besides the overall ranking, there are also top 40 rankings based on ‘Sales’, ‘Media’, ‘Broadcast’ and ‘Activities’. SNSD were ranked 2nd for ‘Sales’ and ‘Media’, 3rd for ‘Broadcast’ and 1st for ‘Activities’.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Here is the translated top 40 ranking:

1. SNSD

2. Park Jisung

3. Kim YunA

4. Lee Seunggi

5. 2PM

6. Yoo Jaesuk

7. Lee Chungyoung

8. 2AM

9. Choo Shinsoo

10. Kang Hodong

11. Lee Hyori

12. Yoon Shiyoon

13. Rain

14. Park Jooyoung

15. Shin MinA

pls. see the rest here : http://www.dkpopnews.net/2011/02/news-snsd-chosen-as-koreas-no1-power.html

koreaforbes2011.jpg

Credit: Joongang.co.kr/ForbesKorea.com/Busan Taeng/Taeng Gallery/Yoongislove@Twitter, dailykpop

Translated by: fanwonder

[Feb-25-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> 100 guaranteed seats for the Cloud fans during 'the 2nd Korea Seoul Culture Art Awards Grand Prize'

We've got 100 seats for the Cloud fan club from 'the 2nd Korea Seoul Culture Art Awards Grand Prize' side.

Our artist Rain is scheduled to be awarded the World Star Grand Prize during the awards, so we hope that you'll be with him while he wins the award.

Hope many of those who can attend the event will place your request.

[Here is an overview of the 2nd Korea Seoul Culture Art Awards Grand Prize]

Date : February 28th (Mon), 7:00pm, 2011

Location : Olympic Sport Stadium in Seoul (Olympic Station, line 5, exit 3 TEL 02-410-1683)

On that sort of pan-national basis, its main purpose is to arrange for culture to be available to people in the class suffered severe cultural disadvantage for free as a social service.

- Application : From 10 pm, February 25 (Fri).

- Both 7th-term members and nonmembers are eligible to apply.

- Participants will be received on a first-come first-serve basis on the scene.

(Only those who apply in advance)

- Information on the distribution of tickets will be announced as soon as it's set.

- The executive board will distribute tickets at a booth in our area of responsibility on the scene.

* Since you will be admitted after receiving tickets on a first come, first served basis, each of you can sign up on this site, not as a group.

A banner will be added here this evening at around ten o'clock.

(Please enter this section of the site after clicking Refresh or logging on to this site)

If you click the banner, a prescribed form will come on. And the application will be completed when you fill up the form.

This information will be posted at both '구름가득한방' and '구름들의 사랑공간' sections.

You can choose either one of those two and apply for it.

We apologize for posting such a sudden announcement because the day of the event is coming.

We'd appreciate it if you let it spread to other sites far and wider.

Thank you.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3309&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Hi bbly, it's fine, dear - I understand you - as you said, you love children - hehehe I'm a cradle-snatcher, too the reason why I love RAIN & Se7en. :lol:

I love children too, but I wrote and meant "chicken" and not children in my previous post. :lol:

[Feb-25-2011] Rain plans to join the military sometime this summer.

*quoted image*

Singer and actor Rain plans to join the military this summer.

Rain's agent told Star News on the 25th, "Rain'll probably join the military sometime this summer. If he receives formal notification from the Seoul Military Manpower Administration, he plans to follow it."

Adding, "He is planning his film and music careers before he joins the army. He'll start filming movie 'Red Muffler' in March and is thinking of releasing a music album."

Meanwhile, according to a Korean military source on the 25th, "Rain and actor 'Hyun Bin' are expected to participate in a military event in commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the outbreak of the Korean War."

* Actor 'Hyun Bin' is also about to join the army.

Credit to Star News http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview.htm?linkid=493&articleid=20110225123104659b6&newssetid=5

Oh, we really get used to this as soon as possible. :( Summer? That is only in couple of months.

bbly, I join you - I hope & pray that it will be a hit! I’d love to see how differently he acts in this movie. About hometown, Rain spent most of his childhood living with his parents and younger sister, Jeong Hanna in Seosan, Chungchungnam-do. This is where he was born. This is a province outside Seoul. It takes about 90 minutes to reach Seoul by bus. :lol:

Thank you! I didn't know that Rain was born and spent his childhood in Seosan. So he moved to Seoul when being a kid, I guess.

Rain caps at Making the BLAQ STYLE

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Love the 2nd picture, Rain giving his approval to Thunder's rapping. He is soooo cute here!

Thank you for sharing!

I love children too, but I wrote and meant "chicken" and not children in my previous post. :lol:

Oh, we really get used to this as soon as possible. :( Summer? That is only in couple of months.

Thank you! I didn't know that Rain was born and spent his childhood in Seosan. So he moved to Seoul when being a kid, I guess.

Hi bbly, I contest to this - you wrote "children" - you're so bad - hehehe. About his MS, you know that I could never get used to it.....maybe in time. I really felt sad & bad about the "summer" mentioned in there - I thought the same way as you do, just a couple of months away.....Sigh..... <_<

[Feb-25-2011]<Revised notice from rain-cloud> 8th Cloud Oversea Membership

Guide (excluding Korean & Japanese)

Hi, this is 7th Cloud executives.

Finally, we will begin 8th Cloud membership application.

Please read thoroughly and follow the instructions.

Even though a lot of problems occurred during oversea application process in the past, we weren’t able to rectify the problems.

Especially we are conducting the application process for both domestic and oversea applicants this time, we appointed oversea (Korea & Japan Excluded) membership supporter to help with application process.

The Cloud personnel will be sharing inquiry contents and payment activities with oversea membership supporter.

We hope to get a lot of interest and please spread the words around for 8th Cloud membership.

Thank you always.

8th Cloud oversea membership inquiry: joincloud8th@gmail.com

Supporter: Heidi Li

8th Oversea Cloud Membership

Application Period: 2/21/2011 – 3/20/2011 Korean time

Effective Date: from the day of membership status is upgrade to regular member after 8th Cloud application

(regular member has access to ‘구름가득한방’ section)

Membership Fee: US$ 55 (pay through Paypal) – Please pay with US$ only

Membership Benefit:

- Provide official Cloud membership card and Cloud membership goods

- Regular membership status at Official Cloud site (rain-cloud.co.kr) & receive exclusive information as The Cloud member

- Cloud exclusive fanmeeting (1 time only) privilege

- Priority admission to open-to-public broadcasting session (According to arrangement with organizer)

- Opportunity of participating in other Cloud events

Minor Discounts: US$ 40 (Need confirmation from oversea membership supporter)

- Minor Criteria – Any oversea applicants who are born in/after 1/1/1993

- Discounts is permitted after minor confirmation from oversea membership supporter

- Before the payment, need to send inquiry and request of confirmation

- When you send confirmation request, need proof of minor criteria.

(Proof can be any official document that have name & birth date – passport, Student/National ID) (You can block any other sensitive personal information except name & birth date)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application Procedures

* Use extream caution to follow the instruction

* Please send membership inquiry to joincloud8th@gmail.com (Heidi Li)

1. Make a membership payment, US$ 55 with Paypal during application period

- Paypal Account: woodong002@naver.com

- Write ‘8th Cloud oversea membership’ at ‘subject’ section when you make a payment

- Write ‘rain-cloud login ID, name, country, shipping address (your language & English), and e-mail address’ at ‘memo’ section when you make a payment

(When you make a payment as group, please make sure payee to send all applicants information to joincloud8th@gmail.com and e-mail title is ‘applicants’ information’)

- Group payment with Paypal member is allowed for applicants who aren’t Paypal members

- Taiwanese & Chinese applicants who have difficulty using Paypal can use Group Transfer though its country Master (Taiwan: Cindy, China: Amanda)

- Detailed Group Transfer information will be notify to its country Masters.

- Keep it in mind there will be account confirmation period (bank account user) from Paypal when you open paypal account, so do not wait to the last minute.

2. After making a payment, login to Official Cloud site (rain-cloud.co.kr)

(If you hadn’t joined rain-cloud yet, please join as new member)

3. Click ‘구름8기신청’ banner, fill out the form and press 확인(OK)

- Group payment applicants also need to login with own login ID and fill out the form

- DO NOT modify ID while filling out the form.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the special case you can’t be help but to make a payment with Korean Won.

- Transfer funds, 65,000Won (conclusive fees including processing fees), to the bank account below

(This transaction is to be used as last result, please use Paypal if it is possible)

Account Name: Lee, Gawon

Bank Name: Kookmin Bank

Swift Code: CZNBKRSEXXX

Account number: 652702-04-132939

- After making a payment, click ‘구름8기가입’ banner and fill out the form.

Important things to be aware

1. Please use your contact number where we can reach you and your full mailing address for you to receive shipment correctly.

(We cannot be held responsible for what happens caused by wrong information)

2. In case of withdrawing from The Cloud after the completion of the application, it's impossible to rejoin the club within the terms of the 8th membership.

3. Please note that you cannot return the item and no refund is possible after the completion of the application.

4. If you only fill out the form without the payment or vice versa, you won't be included in the fan club members.

5. You can check to see whether the payment have been applied to the account or can check out the list of those who have become members, at one time after the completion of all application.

6. Make sure you keep your own payment remittance carefully which could be used instead of the membership card.

*Notice for the new rain-cloud members will be posted at ‘구름들의 사랑공간’ after a day.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3310&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

[Feb-26-2011] Exactly when will Rain join the army?

201102251521461001_1.jpg

The issue of singer Rain's joining the army has come up in conversation again.

During the phone call with Newsen on February 25th, an official from Rain's agent expressed, "Rain is thinking of joining the army in late 2011. If he receives formal notification from the Military Manpower Administration, he plans to follow it."

But, there is recently a groundless rumor going round that he'll join the army this summer, which surprises everyone. The official defended that report, saying, "The information on what he could join the army after this summer has been miscommunicated as if he will this summer."

He added, "Rain is planning to shoot movie 'Red Muffler' and to do his album before he joins the army. So it is in a state of flux now as the plan on when to join the army is subject to change"

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110225n16439

-------------------------

<Info><Eng.trans>Applying for fan seats during the 2nd Korea Seoul Culture Art Awards Grand Prize'

Please refer to news section # 1336 of rain-eu.com

[서울문화예술대상 팬석 신청]

[ Applying for fan seats during the 2nd Korea Seoul Culture Art Awards Grand Prize' ]

Please click the banner below to applying for fan seats.

123.jpg

a2.JPG

btn_cancel.gifbtn_cancel.gif

이름 : name

구름 아이디 : Cloud login ID

연락처 : contact phone number

구름등급 : the line of Cloud membership, in terms of present.

현재구름7기회원 - 7th-term members of the Cloud fan club

비구름 - nonmembers

참석확인 : Pease let us know if you can attend.

신청만하시고 안오는 분들이 많습니다..꼭 와주실꺼죠? :

Not many people come to the event even though they have signed up on the this site to take part. You wouldn't miss it for all the world ?

확인 : OK

취소 : cancellation.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3309&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=