Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

High grossing CF stars include Big Bang, Rain, JYJ, 2PM, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, After School, and SNSD

Feb 16 2011

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Korean news site Money Today put together a list of the highest paid celebrities for appearing in CFs. Amongst the male celebrities, veteran Seo Taeji takes the #1 spot with a whopping 2 billion won. Following him is idol group Big Bang, who will make a comeback on February 24th with the group's 4th mini album. Rain takes the bronze, while Big Bang's fierce rapper TOP takes 4th place as an individual.

On the women's side, "Dae Jang Geum" star Lee Youngae takes the crown with 1.2 billion won. Following her are Go Hyunjung, Kim Taehee and Jeon Jihyun in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place, respectively. The highest grossing CF girl groups are Wonder Girls, 2NE1 and After School, each with 800 million won. SNSD trails slightly behind with 700 million won.

Check out the full list below!

Translated:

*quoted image*

Original:

*quoted image*

Source: YG Ladies and Money Today

Source:.koreaboo.com

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. I'm happy that RAIN is always included on top 5 when in comes to ad endorsements. Hmmm...my other 9-stars whom I like are also in the list - I'm happy for them. :lol:

February 16, 2011

Rain, Jeon Do Yeon, and Lee Bum Soo to Win at Seoul 2011 Art Awards

Singer Rain and actors Jeon Do Yeon and Lee Bum Soo have been selected as the winners of the 2nd Seoul 2011 Art Awards.

7685_2242_l.jpg

The association for Korean Art and Culture announced the award winners in a total of eleven categories at the Seoul 2011 Art Awards on February 15, including Rain in the category of World Star Grand Award and Girls Generation in the category of Popular Singer Award. Actress Jeon Do Yeon and actors Lee Bum Soo and Jeong Sung Hwa have been selected as the winners in the categories of movies, TV dramas, and musicals, respectively. In addition, the representative of SM Entertainment, Lee Soo Man, has been selected as the winner in the category of popular music producer, and producer Kim Young Jin, who had directed the KBS drama for disabled people entitled “Thank You For Making Me Smile,” will garner the special award.

7685_2243_l.jpg

In addition, the producers of the MBC documentary program “Tears In the Amazon,” Kim Jin Man and Kim Hyun Chul (documentary award), the writer of the KBS drama “Bread, Dream, and Love,” Kang Eun Kyung (drama writer award), the production director of the MBC drama “Dong Yi,” Lee Byung Hoon (drama director award), and the director of the movie “The Unjust,” Ryu Seung Wan were included in the list of the winners in each category.

7685_2244_l.jpg

The Seoul 2011 Art Award ceremony, which is supported by the ministry of culture, sports, and tourism and Seoul city, will be held at the Olympic Gymnasium on February 28 at 7 pm. People from child heads of households, the disabled, and heads of multicultural families will be invited for the ceremony. During the ceremony, many commemorating events will be performed by Girls Generation, Kim Deok Soo’s Korean traditional percussion quartet, baritone Seo Jeong Hak, the Seoul Philharmonic, and the National Police Agency’s whistle performance team.

7685_2245_l.jpg

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentNews/view.html?No=7685

anjjo, thanks for posting this here. When I read this tweet yesterday I was laughing - our man really has a sense of humor. I just hope even when he starts filming he could find time at least to update his twitter so we'd be informed some news coming directly from him. You know what, dear? I'm starting to look at him again - hehehe - maybe I'm getting used to his short hair now - But, I noticed lately that he puts a little bangs maybe the reason why it kinda look good in my eyes anyhow. :lol:<_<

willenette, I like his hair style in these pics, as you say "a little bangs" makes him look handsome - :D

c0047605_0384354.jpg

c0047605_0385037.jpg

c0047605_039086.jpg

credit:as tagged

Source:rainstorm.exblog

------------------------------------

Shin Se-kyung for SOUP

February 16, 2011

201102161054391001_1.jpg?w=500&h=666

Shin Se-kyung, an actress known for her role in the hit MBC sitcom “Highkick through the Roof“, recently shot a photo spread for the clothing brand, SOUP.

201102161045081001_1.jpg?w=438&h=585

She showed off her lovely and romantic side in the photo spread. Maybe it’s because she’s in love and dating Jong-hyun from SHINee, but she looks even more beautiful than usual. However, her poses look stiff and her expressions seem more sad than happy.

Shin Se-kyung is currently filming “Blue Salt” alongside veteran actor, Song Gang-ho. She has also been cast in the blockbuster movie “Living in Heaven” alongside Rain. “Living in Heaven” is a remake of “The Red Scarf“, a movie from 1964.

It’s going to be a busy year for Shin Se-kyung. Are you excited to see her in her upcoming works?

Fr.:popseoul

willenette, I like his hair style in these pics, as you say "a little bangs" makes him look handsome - :D

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Shin Se-kyung for SOUP

February 16, 2011

*quoted image*

Shin Se-kyung, an actress known for her role in the hit MBC sitcom “Highkick through the Roof“, recently shot a photo spread for the clothing brand, SOUP.

*quoted image*

She showed off her lovely and romantic side in the photo spread. Maybe it’s because she’s in love and dating Jong-hyun from SHINee, but she looks even more beautiful than usual. However, her poses look stiff and her expressions seem more sad than happy.

Shin Se-kyung is currently filming “Blue Salt” alongside veteran actor, Song Gang-ho. She has also been cast in the blockbuster movie “Living in Heaven” alongside Rain. “Living in Heaven” is a remake of “The Red Scarf“, a movie from 1964.

It’s going to be a busy year for Shin Se-kyung. Are you excited to see her in her upcoming works?

Fr.:popseoul

anjjo, ye, dear........so, you know what I mean now when I talk about his hair with little bangs - this is it! Now, I have to agree with you - he's handsome - finally......I've said this word after quite a long while now. RAIN looks like a very good sculpture. He is hot as hell. Ahhhh... dear, it has been so long.. About SSK, I don't dig these pics very much - her face has only one-expression, why, huh? I don't like also the way she carries those clothes. Well, thanks for posting all the photos. :sweatingbullets:

*** So, the merger officially took place this morning - February 16 but the change of name will change on February 23..... As of now, there will be 2 companies with the name JYPE in the Korean music industry until such time that the existing company name change as well. :sweatingbullets:

(News) JTune Entertainment officially merges with JYP Entertainment

May be taken out with full credits.

CREDIT: PINGBOOK (SOURCE) ; shampoo@2ONEDAY.COM (TRANS)

Source : dailykpopnews

ee9de9b2.png

5e58c705.png

J. Tune Entertainment is officially merging with JYP Entertainment.

On February 16, 2011 at 9AM, the 16th general meeting for shareholders convened. J. Tune Entertainment has officially changed their company name to JYP Entertinment (JYPE).

JYPE had revealed that Park Jin Young and CEO Jung Wook held a meeting with the shareholders in December 2010 and decided to officially change the name of the company to JYP Entertainment (JYPE), there will be 2 companies with the name JYPE in the Korean music industry.

Rain has already sold his shares in J.Tune Entertainment to JYPE and Park Jin Young signed a contract to be an artist under J. Tune Entertainment. Rain and JYP have become artists under the same company. After J. Tune changes its name to JYPE on February 23, 2011, they will acquire artists like Miss A under the company.

After the board meeting (in December), Park Jin Young is preparing to enter KOSDAQ after his many years of building JYPE since 1997 which is about 14 years. However, today he wasn't able to join in the board meeting since he was busy filming KBS 2TV "Dream High".

Another thing, 2PM and Wonder Girls under the current company JYPE is planning to go on a company name change as well.

bbly, February is coming close to its end & RAIN is about to start filming the movie. Thinking about it just look & feel amazing! We know that this is a remake but I'm anticipating for a new plot. I’m not into action/war genre but this is something special.......Let's see how this plays out.

Me too, I am not into war/action, especially remake movies, but I am still excited about this movie. Do you think that we will have a press conference having all the actors together?

anjjo, not airport fashion for RAIN this time since he already wore this jacket for the 2nd time. I’m sure the inside shirt & the pants are branded as well. What about the sunglasses & the shoes? The backpack, which was carried by his asst. we know this is MCM. Aigoo.......just looking at RAIN's back is so sexy. I'm sure everything of what he's wearing here are all branded & do you think all these were sponsored? Well, I always love & adore RAIN's style of dressing. He has perfect sense of fashion. In case, these were not sponsored he could afford to buy anyway, he has the money. I wish I'm rich like RAIN - hehehe. Hmmm.........drools...........

I am sure that from his socks to his underwear, from his watch to a simple scarf, everything he wears are brands ;) . Although it doesn't matter if it is a brand or not, as whatever he wears, he makes it look good as he is so stylish. But I am asking myself sometimes as well if he buys all of this, if those are gifts from fans or gifts from the sponsors (like the MCM bags and now this jacket).

[Feb-15-2011]"Red Muffler" starring Rain is called the project of Vice-President 'Lee Mi Kyung'

*quoted image*

After dinner, they went off to a bar and Rain paid off the drinking. He received loud applause from them by saying, "I've made my decision after due reflection, so I feel more burdened than ever by the major task I took on. I try to do my best to make it become very successful."

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110215n03853

Brief translation by rain bird.

So Rain was generous one more time and paid of the drinks. But we read that he left earlier the bar before the others, so did he really pay the bill :P ? Maybe we know now the reason why he left this early loooool. But what he said makes one thoughtful as it shows that he feels the pressure already and that there is high expectation from him, especially after the modest ratings of Fugitive.

bbly, hehehe - I respect your opinion. It's just nice to know that they trust RAIN with great director and great producer. I hope it will be a success. I do like the sound of this team. :lol:

Thank you :D ! I watched a Korean movie 2 days ago with a well-known Korean actor (I don't want to say the name now in order to avoid any misunderstandings) and I noticed that he always had the same expression or a limited expression with his face, even with his eyes and I noticed this in his other works as well. And I thought of Rain, how he lives his character each time he acts and how he does everything so effortlessly, be it action, drama, comedy, he is just a natural talent.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Shin Se-kyung for SOUP

February 16, 2011

anjjo, those pictures of Rain are just :wub: . I can't remember from when and where are those. As willenette said, he looks like a sculpture. What a gorgeous man!!

I don't know how the soompi rule is but I was wondering if a new movie thread for Living in the Sky/ Red Muffler can already be opened. After all the movie will be shot soon.

Don't get me wrong dear anjjo, this is absolutely not against you posting it here (you know I appreciate you and your hard work very much), you do the right thing as you have no other options here of course. But articles such as SSK having a magazine shooting or a CF, don't belong for me here at Rain's actor thread blush.gif (and no, it hasn't to do with the fact that I am not very fond of this girl, I would react the same way if we had LNY, SMA, SHK or any of Rain's co-actress ;) ).

[16-Feb-11][allkpop]Ranked list of celebrities’ CF earnings revealed

S1.jpg

With the quality of advertisements climbing ever upwards, more celebrities are earning greater pay just by signing contracts as CF models. Money Today’s enterprise team recently compiled data and created a ranked list of exactly how much top celebrities earn through CF deals by categorizing them into three classes (A to C), which range from $9,000 USD to over $200,000 USD.

According to this list, the top stars who earned the greatest income from CFs alone in the past year were Lee Young Ae, Go Hyun Jung, Jung Ji Hoon, Big Bang’s T.O.P, Kim Tae Hee, Kim Ji Hyun and Jo In Sung.

Technically speaking, musician Seo Tae Ji actually topped the charts by a fair amount. However, since Seo Tai Ji did not participate in a CF last year, and the figure is really only a “suggesting price”, it was difficult to fully compare his figure with other stars’.

When analyzing groups, Big Bang came out first with $970,000 USD, beating out the likes of SNSD and the Wonder Girls.

S2.jpg

The full chart was categorized into three classes, A to C, which contained the earnings of just under 1,000 singers, actors, idols and sports stars. The data was from one single year, and was provided by advertising agencies whose main jobs were to hire celebrities for corporate CFs.

“Class A” consisted of celebrities who earned over $400,000 USD; “Class B” consisted of those who earned between $178,000 USD and $400,000 USD; meanwhile, “Class C” was for stars who earned under $178,000 USD.

Analyzing both males and females together, only 69 of out 869 celebrities (7.9%) were categorized in “Class A”, while 60% of the celebrities were classed under “Class C”.

Stars that were categorized under “Class A” include Jung Ji Hoon, Won Bin, Jang Dong Gun, Ahn Sung Gi, Kim Tae Hee, Moon Geun Young and Kim Tae Hee.

Only ten celebrities aged over 40 were grouped in “Class A”; the remaining celebrities were in their 30s and 20s respectively.

Finally, a total of 10 idol groups were calculated to be earning over $400,000 USD.

Check out the full ranked list down below!

==

Male Celebrities:

1 – Seo Taiji – 2,000,000,000 won ($1,800,000 USD)

2 – Big Bang – 1,100,000,000 won ($970,000 USD)

3 – Rain – 1,000,000,000 won ($890,000 USD)

4 – T.O.P – 900,000,000 won ($801,000 USD)

5 – Jo In Sung – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

6 – Jang Dong Gun – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

7 – Bae Yong Joon – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

8 – So Ji Sub – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

9 – J.Y.J. – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

10 – 2PM – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

11 – Won Bin – 700,000,00 won ($620,000 USD)

12 – Song Seung Hun – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

13 – Jung Woo Sung – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

14 – Nichkhun – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

15 – Lee Min Ho – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

16 – Hyun Bin – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

17 – SS501 – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

18 – Daniel Henney – 650,000,000 won ($580,000 USD)

19 – Yoo Jae Suk – 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

20 – Kang Dongwon – 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

-

Female Celebrities:

1 – Lee Young Ae – 1,200,000,000 won ($1,100,000 USD)

2 – Go Hyun Jung – 1,000,000,000 won ($890,000 USD)

3 – Kim Tae Hee – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

4 – Jeon Ji Hyun – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

5 – Wonder Girls – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

6 – 2NE1 -800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

7 – After School – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

8 – Lee Hyori – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

9 – Go So Young – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

10 – Lee Na Young – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

11 – Lee Mi Yeon – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

12 – Song Hye Kyo – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

13 – Moon Geun Young – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

14 – Han Ga In -700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

15 – SNSD – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

16 – Jang Mi Hee – 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

17 – Kim Hee Ae – 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

18 – Kim Nam Joo -600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

19 – Ha Ji Won -600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

20 – Han Ye Seul - 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

Source: Money Today //allkpop

11-02-16 J.Tune Creative Artist Rain Goods just released at open markets

ratoka 2011-02-17 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

p1%281%29.jpg

http://itempage3.auction.co.kr/detailview.aspx?itemno=A553777130

http://itempage3.auction.co.kr/detailview.aspx?itemno=A553936818

http://www.11st.co.kr/product/SellerProductDetail.tmall?method=getSellerProductDetail&prdNo=145340600

...http://www.11st.co.kr/product/SellerProductDetail.tmall?method=getSellerProductDetail&prdNo=146157352

http://item.gmarket.co.kr/detailview/item.asp?goodscode=204539213&result_type=S

http://item.gmarket.co.kr/detailview/item.asp?goodscode=204539679&result_type=S

source : J.Tune Creative facebook

Me too, I am not into war/action, especially remake movies, but I am still excited about this movie. Do you think that we will have a press conference having all the actors together?

I am sure that from his socks to his underwear, from his watch to a simple scarf, everything he wears are brands ;) . Although it doesn't matter if it is a brand or not, as whatever he wears, he makes it look good as he is so stylish. But I am asking myself sometimes as well if he buys all of this, if those are gifts from fans or gifts from the sponsors (like the MCM bags and now this jacket).

Thank you :D ! I watched a Korean movie 2 days ago with a well-known Korean actor (I don't want to say the name now in order to avoid any misunderstandings) and I noticed that he always had the same expression or a limited expression with his face, even with his eyes and I noticed this in his other works as well. And I thought of Rain, how he lives his character each time he acts and how he does everything so effortlessly, be it action, drama, comedy, he is just a natural talent.

anjjo, those pictures of Rain are just :wub: . I can't remember from when and where are those. As willenette said, he looks like a sculpture. What a gorgeous man!!

I don't know how the soompi rule is but I was wondering if a new movie thread for Living in the Sky/ Red Muffler can already be opened. After all the movie will be shot soon.

Don't get me wrong dear anjjo, this is absolutely not against you posting it here (you know I appreciate you and your hard work very much), you do the right thing as you have no other options here of course. But articles such as SSK having a magazine shooting or a CF, don't belong for me here at Rain's actor thread blush.gif (and no, it hasn't to do with the fact that I am not very fond of this girl, I would react the same way if we had LNY, SMA, SHK or any of Rain's co-actress ;) ).

Hi bbly, I'm sure the movie will have presscon soon - This is usually happening in Korea, either both a drama or a movie. About his clothes, isn't it he mentioned before that he seldom buys clothes because everything he wears are mostly coming from sponsors? And I believe him. About this K-movie you just watched, so curious what was that,huh - hehehe. I maybe had watched it, too. About Soompi rule in creating a thread, as far as I could remember : Only one thread per drama or movie will be active. Some dramas and movies may be under different names. No thread shall be created till either a presscon / prayer ceremony is held / poster for the drama is available / at least 3 confirmed cast. Members planning to start a thread must be free of any prior warnings or at maximum 20% level only. News regarding the drama/movie, till then, can be instead posted to the respective actors'/actresses' thread. :lol:

[16-Feb-11][allkpop]Ranked list of celebrities’ CF earnings revealed

*quoted image*

With the quality of advertisements climbing ever upwards, more celebrities are earning greater pay just by signing contracts as CF models. Money Today’s enterprise team recently compiled data and created a ranked list of exactly how much top celebrities earn through CF deals by categorizing them into three classes (A to C), which range from $9,000 USD to over $200,000 USD.

According to this list, the top stars who earned the greatest income from CFs alone in the past year were Lee Young Ae, Go Hyun Jung, Jung Ji Hoon, Big Bang’s T.O.P, Kim Tae Hee, Kim Ji Hyun and Jo In Sung.

Technically speaking, musician Seo Tae Ji actually topped the charts by a fair amount. However, since Seo Tai Ji did not participate in a CF last year, and the figure is really only a “suggesting price”, it was difficult to fully compare his figure with other stars’.

When analyzing groups, Big Bang came out first with $970,000 USD, beating out the likes of SNSD and the Wonder Girls.

*quoted image*

The full chart was categorized into three classes, A to C, which contained the earnings of just under 1,000 singers, actors, idols and sports stars. The data was from one single year, and was provided by advertising agencies whose main jobs were to hire celebrities for corporate CFs.

“Class A” consisted of celebrities who earned over $400,000 USD; “Class B” consisted of those who earned between $178,000 USD and $400,000 USD; meanwhile, “Class C” was for stars who earned under $178,000 USD.

Analyzing both males and females together, only 69 of out 869 celebrities (7.9%) were categorized in “Class A”, while 60% of the celebrities were classed under “Class C”.

Stars that were categorized under “Class A” include Jung Ji Hoon, Won Bin, Jang Dong Gun, Ahn Sung Gi, Kim Tae Hee, Moon Geun Young and Kim Tae Hee.

Only ten celebrities aged over 40 were grouped in “Class A”; the remaining celebrities were in their 30s and 20s respectively.

Finally, a total of 10 idol groups were calculated to be earning over $400,000 USD.

Check out the full ranked list down below!

==

Male Celebrities:

1 – Seo Taiji – 2,000,000,000 won ($1,800,000 USD)

2 – Big Bang – 1,100,000,000 won ($970,000 USD)

3 – Rain – 1,000,000,000 won ($890,000 USD)

4 – T.O.P – 900,000,000 won ($801,000 USD)

5 – Jo In Sung – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

6 – Jang Dong Gun – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

7 – Bae Yong Joon – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

8 – So Ji Sub – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

9 – J.Y.J. – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

10 – 2PM – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

11 – Won Bin – 700,000,00 won ($620,000 USD)

12 – Song Seung Hun – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

13 – Jung Woo Sung – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

14 – Nichkhun – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

15 – Lee Min Ho – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

16 – Hyun Bin – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

17 – SS501 – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

18 – Daniel Henney – 650,000,000 won ($580,000 USD)

19 – Yoo Jae Suk – 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

20 – Kang Dongwon – 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

-

Female Celebrities:

1 – Lee Young Ae – 1,200,000,000 won ($1,100,000 USD)

2 – Go Hyun Jung – 1,000,000,000 won ($890,000 USD)

3 – Kim Tae Hee – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

4 – Jeon Ji Hyun – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

5 – Wonder Girls – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

6 – 2NE1 -800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

7 – After School – 800,000,000 won ($710,000 USD)

8 – Lee Hyori – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

9 – Go So Young – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

10 – Lee Na Young – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

11 – Lee Mi Yeon – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

12 – Song Hye Kyo – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

13 – Moon Geun Young – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

14 – Han Ga In -700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

15 – SNSD – 700,000,000 won ($620,000 USD)

16 – Jang Mi Hee – 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

17 – Kim Hee Ae – 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

18 – Kim Nam Joo -600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

19 – Ha Ji Won -600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

20 – Han Ye Seul - 600,000,000 won ($530,000 USD)

Source: Money Today //allkpop

Hi anjjo, as I've said yesterday, this is a gross amount & not net but at least this is a sneak peek of how much RAIN is worth for 2010 when ad endorsement is concerned. The actual amount will be a little less. Nice to know that RAIN is earning much money on CF alone. Those who are on the advantage side here are those solo singers and actors (individual) who do get most of the money than group bands like Big Bang who came on 2nd who have to split their share.. RAIN also received the most money from CFs in 2009. So, I'm not surprised my RAIN would be high up there again last year. But just wondering why Kim Yu Na isn't on the list, huh? She's indeed a legitimate endorser! :lol:

*** I believe JTune employees who were there & still there will love JYP. I consider JYP’s rival & competitor now is only SM Entertainment. This can’t be denied that JYP always see fortune in RAIN. :lol:

J-tune becomes JYP Entertainment!

jyp-20110217.jpg?w=500&h=750

The JYP Nation has new residents!

MBLAQ, say hello to your new label mates 2-P-M!

JYP Entertainment was the largest shareholder of J-tune in 2010. On February 23rd, they will officially takeover Rain’s musical empire.

J-tune has encounter financial difficulties over the past year,and with Rain joining the military soon, he wanted his former boss to take care of his baby. Director Park Jin-young (JYP) gained control over the business through a meeting of the shareholders vote for mutual alterations(KOSDAQ).

What do you think about the J-tune/JYPE merge?

Source: BNT , popseoul

[Feb-17-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain graces the cover of the March issue of Esquire magazine.

Rain, his real name 'Jung Ji Hoon', has made the cover of the March issue of Esquire magazine.

The cover of this magazine was finished editing at 3am.

Its separate-volume is 'big black book' which is a sort of style guide book for successful men.

http://twitpic.com/40hgpy

English translation by rain bird,

[Feb-17-2011]'Red Muffler' starring Rain begins shooting on March 7th.

<Revised>

According to the filmmaker, the competition among actors to be cast in 2011's most anticipated movie 'Red Muffler' was very intense. Actor 'Jung Seok Won' (picture) who actually served in the Marine Corps, has been cast as a Special Air Service investigator who assists Rain to carry out a military operation in the movie.

Blockbuster movie 'Red Muffler' starring Rain is about the loves and lives of South Korea's Air Force combat pilots flying to solve a (hypothetical) situation where the Korean peninsula is teetering on the brink of war.

This movie is a remake of the 1964 original, 'Red Muffler' in which actor 'Shin Young Gyoon' and 'Choi Moo Ryong', directed by 'Shin Sahng Ock'.

'Red Muffler' starring Rain begins shooting on March 7th.

Credit to Sports Josun http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?id=201102180100116380008790&ServiceDate=20110217

Actor 'Jung Seok Won

2011021801001163800087901.jpg

-------------------------------

11-02-17 Rain's pic in the cover of the March issue of Esquire magazine.

ma.jpg

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud co.kr

<Revised>

According to the filmmaker, the competition among actors to be cast in 2011's most anticipated movie 'Red Muffler' was very intense. Actor 'Jung Seok Won' (picture) who actually served in the Marine Corps, has been cast as a Special Air Service investigator who assists Rain to carry out a military operation in the movie.

Blockbuster movie 'Red Muffler' starring Rain is about the loves and lives of South Korea's Air Force combat pilots flying to solve a (hypothetical) situation where the Korean peninsula is teetering on the brink of war.

This movie is a remake of the 1964 original, 'Red Muffler' in which actor 'Shin Young Gyoon' and 'Choi Moo Ryong', directed by 'Shin Sahng Ock'.

Credit to Sports Josun http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?id=201102180100116380008790&ServiceDate=20110217

Actor 'Jung Seok Won

*quoted image*

-------------------------------

11-02-17 Rain's pic in the cover of the March issue of Esquire magazine.

*quoted image*

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud co.kr

anjjo, thanks for posting this info of the date of the filming for this movie. Oh…boy, here we go… fast forward to March 7 - I'll mark my calendar.....& now the countdown begins. Since this is a remake I hope LITK to be more creative. Let’s see.... Grinning while waiting….hehehe. BTW, thanks for posting his photo cover in the Esquire magazine. He looks a little old here. I could see the wrinkles in the forehead - wahhh........But, the body is HOT, of course! :lol:

I am sure time will go so fast that those 2 years will seem less to us! Of course that doesn't change the fact that I will miss him a lot too. But he has to do what he has to do. To join you dear: RAIN FIGHTING!!!

bbly, oh, 2-years – stop it – ahh…I dread that moment……… Why he has to leave us for two years? Just writing this I have trouble breathing. <_<

On the other note, please go & visit the movie thread now........anjjo, please share & post... tongue2.gif

anjjo, thanks for posting this info of the date of the filming for this movie. Oh…boy, here we go… fast forward to March 7 - I'll mark my calendar.....& now the countdown begins. Since this is a remake I hope LITK to be more creative. Let’s see.... Grinning while waiting….hehehe. BTW, thanks for posting his photo cover in the Esquire magazine. He looks a little old here. I could see the wrinkles in the forehead - wahhh........But, the body is HOT, of course! :lol:

On the other note, please go & visit the movie thread now........anjjo, please share & post... tongue2.gif

Hi bbly , as willenette said, glad to tell you that Living in Heaven / The Red Scarf 하늘에 산다 already has its own thread at the Korean Movies & Drama Section. I think we should thank adikkeluangman for this. We should start to share now. :D

willenette, I can't help but burst into laughter at your comment. I also wonder why his pose is like that, knitting his brow to project a mature image and the wrinkles are so visible. Well, he succeeded in looking old but I think he is ugly heheh :lol:

An Old Pic

c0047605_1821858.jpg

Hi bbly , as willenette said, glad to tell you that Living in Heaven / The Red Scarf 하늘에 산다 already has its own thread at the Korean Movies & Drama Section. I think we should thank adikkeluangman for this. We should start to share now. :D

willenette, I can't help but burst into laughter at your comment. I also wonder why his pose is like that, knitting his brow to project a mature image and the wrinkles are so visible. Well, he succeeded in looking old but I think he is ugly heheh :lol:

An Old Pic

*quoted image*

anjjo, finally..........I heard this word from you..........I thought all along you still find him handsome - hehehe. But, dear - you're more cruel than I - look at the word you used - hahaha. bbly will throw stones at you if she gets to read it. :D BTW, thanks for posting this photo here. You know, I haven't seen this pics before - If that shot could had been a little close-up RAIN can't get any HOTTER! He was maybe thinking ""what do my fans want me to do?' - still very nice shot! :sweatingbullets:

As you said so correctly ;) : beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for me SSK is neither beautiful nor gorgeous. Yes, she is sexy. But if that's all she has... then good luck! B)

bbly, I’m anticipating a photoshoot of the couple soon so I could see if they have good chemistry together. :lol:

[02-18] 110217 Mnet_MCD_Best Male Idol as Model_Nomination_Rain

Credit: erikatakeru @ youtube , scorpiola-rainlegend

Quote:

4 nominations:

1) DBSK U-Know Yunho

2) SS501 Kim Hyun Joong

3) SHINee Minho

4) Bi Rain

Winner: SHINee Minho

My link

So Rain was generous one more time and paid of the drinks. But we read that he left earlier the bar before the others, so did he really pay the bill :P ? Maybe we know now the reason why he left this early loooool. But what he said makes one thoughtful as it shows that he feels the pressure already and that there is high expectation from him, especially after the modest ratings of Fugitive.

bbly, although, we knew that he left early that time but maybe his Asst. was left behind to settle for the bills, charged to JTune - hehehe. *** About the movie, as I've said that I'm not so familiar with SSK so this will be my 1st time to see her act on screen........Just like you, I hope she has talent. But saying this again - she's ridiculously beautiful. LITK is about a Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' (Rain), the youngest fighter pilot in Black Eagle team who is shunted off to a regional combat air patrol. While there, he falls in love with Sergeant 'Yu Se Young' (Shin Se Kyung), a female aircraft mechanic who is very strict and uptight. So, I'd like to see how their chemistry will be.....I think they will look good together. :lol:

[Feb-18-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain undergoes military discipline in the Air Force before the movie, 'Red Muffler'

오늘 남자친구 부대에 드라마 브리핑때문에 비랑 이하나랑 시크릿가든의 썬?이 왔다네요 ㅋㅋ 비 맞은편에서 밥먹었다고 자랑을!!!

청주공군사관학교에서 주연배우들 훈련했다네~근데 어제도 가고 오늘도 간단 말인가??

Yesterday (February 17th), Rain visited R.O.K. Air Force Academy located in 'Cheong Joo' region where Rain's fan's boy friend is in training, to gain actual experience and to be briefed about the whole fabric of life in the Air Force before the movie, 'Red Muffler', with his co-stars such as actress 'Lee Ha Na', actor 'Lee Jong Seok' who ever appeared in drama 'Secret Garden', etc.

According to the fan, her boy friend bragged that Rain'd have a meal (after the military training and briefing), sitting down across from him.

Rain will allegedly visit there to be trained to fight again today.(February 18th)

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=292397&page=2&bbs=

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=292439&page=1&bbs=

[Feb-18-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain visits an air unit & his autograph.

y1.jpg

Rain's autograph

y2.jpg

actor 'Lee Jong Seok's autograph

When my father who's a commissioned officer in the air force told my mother yesterday, "Rain and his co-stars will visit our army base to do some preliminary research before filming a movie called 'Red Muffler'. Actresses who Rain plays in the movie with will visit other army base (the 18th reconnaissance wing)", my mother said, "Your inferiors could be disappointed since actresses won't come to your army camp."

The much-awaited day arrived, and today my father sent a SMS to me, attaching a picture showing Rain's autograph to, that says "Republic of Korea Air Force is great!!! Thank you always ♡."

I later found that actor 'Yu Joon Sahng', 'Kim Jung Soo', actress 'Lee Ha Na', actor 'Jung Kyung Ho', and actor 'Lee Jong Seok' were also there, including Rain.

In fact, I'm a fan of actor 'Lee Jong Seok', so I asked my father to get his autograph and had a SMS with a picture showing his autograph in a few minutes, that says "I've been briefed very well, and I'll help make a movie which will be a big hit, studying and practicing acting harder."

I was suddenly proud of my father, and I believe that this new movie will be a big hit !!!

As soon as the movie comes out, I'll be the first person to see it even during examination.

http://blog.naver.com/guswn0101?Redirect=Log&logNo=110103250478&from=section

Rain, Girls’ Generation, Lee Beom-soo to receive arts & culture award

*quoted image*

the World Star Grand Prize :

Rain (a singer and actor)

Singer Rain, female band Girl’s Generation and actor Lee Beom-soo will receive awards at the upcoming Seoul Arts Culture Award set to take place at the end of this month, revealed a press release by the Korean Association of Seoul Artists & Culture (KASAC) on Tuesday.

According to KASAC, the ceremony for the 2nd Seoul Arts & Culture Award scheduled to take place at Olympic Park Gymnasium on February 28, will award those who showed the best performance in 11 categories of arts and culture in 2010.

The best pop artist award will go to Girls’ Generation who sold nearly 200,000 copies of their second album “Oh!” last year, the best world star award to singer Rain who advanced to Hollywood, best TV actor award to Lee Beom-soo who played the main lead to 60-part hit-TV series “Giant” (SBS, 2010) and the best film actor to actress Jeon Do-youn who starred in film “The Housemaid,” which was invited to last year’s Cannes Film Festival.

Scenarist Kang Eun-kyung who wrote last year’s mega-hit drama “Bread, Love and Dreams” (KBS, 2010) will be bestowed the award for best script writer, TV producer Lee Byung-hoon who directed historical drama “Dong Yi - Jewel in the Crown” (MBC, 2010) the prize for best drama director and director Ryoo Seung-wan of film “The Unjust” (2010) for best movie director.

Lee Soo-man, the head of SM Entertainment which has discovered, trained and manages many famous K-pop singers including BoA, Girls’ Generation, Super Junior and TVXQ, will receive the best K-pop producer award Jung Sung-hwa who played patriot Ahn Jung-geun in the musical “Hero,” the best musical actor award.

Other special prizes will go to producer Kim Young-jin for creating drama “Thank You for Making Me Smile,” (translated title) (KBS, 2010) and producers Kim Jin-man and Kim Hyun-chul for their documentary “Tears of Amazon” (MBC, 2010).

The event, being sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Health & Welfare, the Seoul Metropolitan Government and other government agencies will also feature various musical performances that day including fusion music play Nanta, Korea's traditional samulnori and an orchestra.

*The list of winners for 2nd Seoul Arts & Culture Award

Best pop artist award: Girls’ Generation (2nd album “Oh!”)

Best world star award: Rain/Jung Ji-hoon (actor, singer)

Best K-pop producer award: Lee Soo-man (SM Entertainment)

Best actor award : Lee Beom-soo (TV series “Giant”)

Best drama scenarist award: Kang Eun-kyung (“Bread, Love and Dreams”)

Best drama director award: Lee Byung-hoon ( “Dong Yi: Jewel on the Crown”)

Best film actor award: Jun Do-youn (“The Housemaid”)

Best film director award: Ryoo Seung-wan (“The Unjust”)

Best musical actor award: Jung Sung-hwa ( “Hero”)

Best TV documentary award: Kim Jin-man & Kim Hyun-chul (“Tears of Amazon”)

Special Prize: Producer Kim Young-jin (“Thank You For Making Me Smile”)

Reporter : Heidi Kim heidikim@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

anjjo, thanks for posting more articles about this. One more trophy to add to his already huge collection. I knew & read about this for quite a while but I still haven't said this : Congratulations to you, RAIN! :lol:

[Feb-18-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain visits an air unit & his autograph.

*quoted image*

Rain's autograph

*quoted image*

actor 'Lee Jong Seok's autograph

When my father who's a commissioned officer in the air force told my mother yesterday, "Rain and his co-stars will visit our army base to do some preliminary research before filming a movie called 'Red Muffler'. Actresses who Rain plays in the movie with will visit other army base (the 18th reconnaissance wing)", my mother said, "Your inferiors could be disappointed since actresses won't come to your army camp."

The much-awaited day arrived, and today my father sent a SMS to me, attaching a picture showing Rain's autograph to, that says "Republic of Korea Air Force is great!!! Thank you always ♡."

I later found that actor 'Yu Joon Sahng', 'Kim Jung Soo', actress 'Lee Ha Na', actor 'Jung Kyung Ho', and actor 'Lee Jong Seok' were also there, including Rain.

In fact, I'm a fan of actor 'Lee Jong Seok', so I asked my father to get his autograph and had a SMS with a picture showing his autograph in a few minutes, that says "I've been briefed very well, and I'll help make a movie which will be a big hit, studying and practicing acting harder."

I was suddenly proud of my father, and I believe that this new movie will be a big hit !!!

As soon as the movie comes out, I'll be the first person to see it even during examination.

http://blog.naver.com/guswn0101?Redirect=Log&logNo=110103250478&from=section

anjjo, thanks for sharing the translation of this fan account. Those autographs are nice & cool! Wow..........this is I could say! RAIN is such a charismatic person! Seeing RAIN's handwriting again melts me... :sweatingbullets:

[02-18] Rain Esquire magazine pictures

11-02-18 Rain Esquire magazine pictures

Source: nate news

201102181558558132.jpg

201102181558558133.jpg

20110218160056472.jpg

--------------------------------

[Feb-18-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> Rain's agent's correct address & the details of Rain's current agent.

Hello, this is the 7th Cloud executive board.

Since Rain's agent has come to recently move the office to another building twice in such a shirt time, many Cloud fans have been confused about its correct address.

If you send gifts to Rain or write to him, please forward your mail to this address.

서울시 강남구 청담동 32-6번지 현대빌딩 402호

정지훈(비) 앞

To Rain or 'Jung Ji Hoon' (J.Tune Camp)

402 Hyundae Building, 32-6 Cheongdam-dong, Kangnam-gu, Seoul,

South Korea 135-100

Also, if we tell you more about Rain's current agent,

Rain belonging to J.tune entertainment is rented out to J.tune camp, and J.tune camp is in charge of the general part of his activities as an entertainer.

J.tune entertainment has recently been renamed to JYP entertainment, going through the process of the merger between JYP entertainment and J.tune entertainment, but without a doubt, Rain signed a binding contract with J.tune entertainment to work as an entertainer belonging to the company and it's still valid.

So nothing has changed, aside from its changed name.

That is, J.tune camp will continue to be in charge of Rain's management until the contract is up.

The situation has briefly been explained, so if you have any questions or concerns, or if there is any wrong part, please don't hesitate to post comments.

Thank you.

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?num=56163&ref=3298&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

[Fancam] 110210 Rain @ Chitose Airport Arrival

scorpiola 2011-02-18 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

Credit: 123gojira @ youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vthSlDQ-0

anjjo, thanks for posting this video clip. Gosh, this jacket caught the attention of many not because it was his 2nd time to wear it but it’s somewhat a unique one. Wondering how much this is, huh? He looks great in it! I always like his fashion sense. He does have good taste in fashion. :lol:

Hi bbly, I'm sure the movie will have presscon soon - This is usually happening in Korea, either both a drama or a movie. About his clothes, isn't it he mentioned before that he seldom buys clothes because everything he wears are mostly coming from sponsors? And I believe him. About this K-movie you just watched, so curious what was that,huh - hehehe. I maybe had watched it, too. About Soompi rule in creating a thread, as far as I could remember : Only one thread per drama or movie will be active. Some dramas and movies may be under different names. No thread shall be created till either a presscon / prayer ceremony is held / poster for the drama is available / at least 3 confirmed cast. Members planning to start a thread must be free of any prior warnings or at maximum 20% level only. News regarding the drama/movie, till then, can be instead posted to the respective actors'/actresses' thread.

Ok, thank you dear! Now I know the rules! ;)

<Revised>

Actor 'Jung Seok Won

*quoted image*

So around 2 weeks more to wait. I am very curious what kind of look Rain will have and if his hair will be even shorter (I know willenette dear, you won't like that :P ).

Thank you so much dear anjjo (and thank you for not misunderstanding my post blush.gif ). So I will add another "To-Watch and read" thread to my soompi list. :D

Ok, so both of you don't like the cover picture? I guess I am in the minority once again because I love it exactly for the reaason that he looks mature and shows his age after all.

And the other pictures are wonderful! Was for sure shot in Europe. Can't wait to see more and some HQ.

bbly, although, we knew that he left early that time but maybe his Asst. was left behind to settle for the bills, charged to JTune - hehehe. *** About the movie, as I've said that I'm not so familiar with SSK so this will be my 1st time to see her act on screen........Just like you, I hope she has talent. But saying this again - she's ridiculously beautiful. LITK is about a Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' (Rain), the youngest fighter pilot in Black Eagle team who is shunted off to a regional combat air patrol. While there, he falls in love with Sergeant 'Yu Se Young' (Shin Se Kyung), a female aircraft mechanic who is very strict and uptight. So, I'd like to see how their chemistry will be.....I think they will look good together. :lol:

I am not curious about chemistry between Rain and SSK, I just hope she can act decently and will do justice to our talented man Rain. And I say it again, for me she is "ridiculously" normal and not beautiful. :lol: Except for a very nice body, I at the moment see nothing special in her or anything where I can go and say: Oh wow, she has something that others don't have! Again, I hope that once the movie is out I will eat my words and all of you will say: bbly, see you were so wrong! :D

[Feb-18-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain undergoes military discipline in the Air Force before the movie, 'Red Muffler'

오늘 남자친구 부대에 드라마 브리핑때문에 비랑 이하나랑 시크릿가든의 썬?이 왔다네요 ㅋㅋ 비 맞은편에서 밥먹었다고 자랑을!!!

청주공군사관학교에서 주연배우들 훈련했다네~근데 어제도 가고 오늘도 간단 말인가??

Yesterday (February 17th), Rain visited R.O.K. Air Force Academy located in 'Cheong Joo' region where Rain's fan's boy friend is in training, to gain actual experience and to be briefed about the whole fabric of life in the Air Force before the movie, 'Red Muffler', with his co-stars such as actress 'Lee Ha Na', actor 'Lee Jong Seok' who ever appeared in drama 'Secret Garden', etc.

According to the fan, her boy friend bragged that Rain'd have a meal (after the military training and briefing), sitting down across from him.

Rain will allegedly visit there to be trained to fight again today.(February 18th)

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=292397&page=2&bbs=

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=292439&page=1&bbs=

So he started his training already. I know I said I am against war movies (especially if those are remakes) but maybe I will change my mind once I see Rain in his uniform, with his hair short and black. :wub: