Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

willenette, truly, this word "blockbuster" makes me frustrated already. I hope this project will not be a repeat of what happened to Fugitive. :tears:

[Feb-10-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain with his leopard printed jacket on at the airport today.

- Posted on the afternoon of February 10th, 2011-

아는 사람이 볼일있어 공항가서 우연히 봤데 mcm 자켓이랑 청바지 입고 부츠 신었데 선글끼고 넘 넘 멋졌댄다 말을 다 못해 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ헤어스탈 영국때랑 비슷했나봐 짧은 머리고

영국에서 입었던 호피자켓이래 종아리 중간까지오는 부츠고 이어폰을 끼시고 헤어스탈이 쥭음이었다는데..

댄서횽님 보니까 공항가는 버스 안이라고 하던데..6시 비행기인가봐

비느님 어제 잠을 못 주무셨나봐여 ㅠㅠ 예수횽이

When my acquaintance went to the airport because she had something to do some business to take care of, she happened to see Rain wearing a leopard printed jacket which looked exactly the same as the one he had worn during MCM event in London, with his booths to reach below the knees on, sunglasses, and with earphones. Moreover, his hairdo also looked like a million dollars, so she was so overwhelmed by his looks which were indescribably cool.ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

His flight to Sapporo is probably scheduled to depart at 6:00pm.

According to his backup dancer 'Song Jae Hong's post on Twitter, Rain could hardly sleep last night.ㅠㅠ

The most likely explanation is that he was too busy.

Credit to DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=291970&page=1&bbs=

Brief translation by rain bird.

anjjo, thanks for posting this. Additional info - he's wearing "blue jeans" - I'm excited to see his perf tomorrow. I hope we could get to see the photos of his airport departure although don't love the hairdo that much - hehehe. "He could hardly sleep last night?" - wondering why, huh? Busy? Hmmm......... The way that he's described here looks wonderful! :sweatingbullets:

[Feb-10-2011] Rain attended SIHH (an internationally prestigious watch fair) in Geneva, Switzerland last January as a representative of Asia's Cartier.

World star Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon) took part in SIHH (Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie) in Geneva, Switzerland last January as a representative of Asia's Cartier, a prestigious watch brand.

Rain who attended the fair that is the largest of its kind at this time of year in which many of the top international watch firms participate, showed off himself as a world star, also meeting 'Bernard Fornas', the head of Cartier company.

Rain maintained the profile of the global star, looking relaxed and speaking English fluently even in Geneva, which enchanted reporters from all over the world and organizers who visited it.

According to participants, Rain demonstrated his knowledge about watches while meeting 'Bernard Fornas'.

'Bernard Fornas' said how he felt when he met Rain, "Thank world star Rain for taking the trouble to come so far. Hopefully, we'll be in close contact with him and work with each other. We look forward to meeting him again in Paris as soon as possible."

After the fair was finished, Rain visited and walked the boutique floor that is the first Cartier shop at 13 rue de la Paix, in Paris, France.

Rain got more than the treatment of the VIP as he is a world star to represent Korea, and finished his trip to France with a visit to the boutique of Paris while receiving a hearty welcome by the staffs.

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110210n27072

Brief translation by rain bird.@ rain-eu

Hi bbly, I really don't think RAIN could play a torrid & bold project since he has an image to protect for the sake of all his fans - young & old.

*** They're both K-movies but I don't think they'll have the same playdate since LITK will start filming 2-3 months ahead than "The Thieves" - Besides, both have different genres - so, I won't call it competition after all - Maybe the writer focused her/his attention on this because JJH (the actress) is starring on the movie also - hehehe.

"Live In the Sky" Rain and Sin Se-kyeong VS "The Thieves" Kim Yoon-seok and Jeon Ji-hyeon

*quoted image*

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

bbly, a pediatrician doctor - why not? I hope he could play such character in the future...... Like being a pilot in his upcoming movie - who would thought that he's playing this kind of role. But, definitely RAIN will show-off a different appeal in this movie. He fits perfectly into the pilot image for the fact that he has a perfect body for being a pilot and he can able to pull off anything he wears. He’ll make the pilot uniform look more luxurious. Just can’t wait to see him.

bbly, we know that this isn't the 1st time RAIN had a sexy & younger than him co-star - there's SMA. (she's sexy also in my eyes.....) - Talking about Fugitive, wondering when this will be aired overseas, huh? Even here in my side, still no news. Especially in Japan where they’re most of the time always first & updated when Korea stuffs are concerned. With RAIN as the lead role created a wild response in Taiwan and Japan while this drama was airing in Korea before – we read some articles about this. Definitely the leading actor here who is RAIN isn't in the spotlight because of the drama but it’s the other way around - the drama is in the spotlight because of the actor – RAIN’s popularity played a big role in surfacing the drama. It's really good that he appeals not only in Korea but to overseas fans as well. I hope we could get to hear news soon.

Yes, I think he needs to protect an image after all, so he will limit himself in the choice of his roles after all.

I didn't understand the relation in this article between LITS and The Thieves and why the need to write this. Is it to bring the JJH (Rain) and JJH (the actress) in one article to have their names in it? -_-

But I admit, I didn't recognize the actress JJH on the picture. She looks different (in a not flattering way :unsure: ), tired and just used.

Like you I have no doubts that Rain will be perfect as a pilot in an uniform. I think he will be most sexy man in an uniform ever. blush.gif

I know that SMA was his first younger co-actress, don't worry. I was just referring to this new movie and not in general. I was thinking that his last partner LNY is really the total opposite from SSK in many ways. Curious how the 2 will get along behind the camera. ;)

bbly, I noticed that most of the articles about this movie has the word "blockbuster" - IDK why....... I agree with you both with anjjo - it makes me uneasy, too! I hope this movie will be his big BANG since we all know that this will be his last work - About SSK, I find her face beautiful. Can't wait to see her in mechanic attire while RAIN in his pilot uniform - will they look cute together? This we'll wait & see - What I'm darned sure is RAIN will be sexy as hell!

willenette, truly, this word "blockbuster" makes me frustrated already. I hope this project will not be a repeat of what happened to Fugitive.

Let's hope and pray that this new movie won't have the same fate (regarding success) like Fugitive.

I don't care how SSK will look, but I know Rain will look very very awesome. :lol: The both together? I am ready for a surprise here. I remember a lot not so nice comments about LNY from fans like "Why couldn't they take someone younger for Rain? More fresh? She looks so old", some said even she isn't beautiful (sorry, she is gorgeous!!!) only that her stylists did a bad job here in this drama. :D

So I am curious how those fans will react to SSK. It must be a dream come true for them, to have a younger, fresher and sexy partner for Rain. B)

I don't know guys but the first pic make me speechless

------------

11-02-10 Rain at a Cartier jewelry fair in Switzerland on January 18, 2011

source: naver news

*quoted image*

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*quoted image*

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ohhhh, I understand you regarding the first picture. He looks just wow! :wub:

Yes, I think he needs to protect an image after all, so he will limit himself in the choice of his roles after all.

But I admit, I didn't recognize the actress JJH on the picture. She looks different (in a not flattering way :unsure: ), tired and just used.

Like you I have no doubts that Rain will be perfect as a pilot in an uniform. I think he will be most sexy man in an uniform ever. blush.gif

I know that SMA was his first younger co-actress, don't worry. I was just referring to this new movie and not in general. I was thinking that his last partner LNY is really the total opposite from SSK in many ways. Curious how the 2 will get along behind the camera. ;)

Let's hope and pray that this new movie won't have the same fate (regarding success) like Fugitive.

I don't care how SSK will look, but I know Rain will look very very awesome. :lol: The both together? I am ready for a surprise here. I remember a lot not so nice comments about LNY from fans like "Why couldn't they take someone younger for Rain? More fresh? She looks so old", some said even she isn't beautiful (sorry, she is gorgeous!!!) only that her stylists did a bad job here in this drama. :D

So I am curious how those fans will react to SSK. It must be a dream come true for them, to have a younger, fresher and sexy partner for Rain. B)

Hi bbly, you know, I find JJH beautiful....& her face seductive. About his younger co-star, aside from SMA & SSK, his partner in "Love Story" MV is also younger than him. About, LNY, beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder - you find her gorgeous while others not..... She's fine in my eyes.

bbly, I understand what you feel & think..... I admit that the drama isn’t really that remarkable. It didn’t draw audience the way we expected it.

I didn't understand the relation in this article between LITS and The Thieves and why the need to write this. Is it to bring the JJH (Rain) and JJH (the actress) in one article to have their names in it? -_-

bbly, hahaha - anyway, wondering what happened to their friendship after that rumour about them surfaced before. Did it have a bad ending or they still stay friends. There are some who say that fans should know about their idol’s personal life since he/she is a public property – some say otherwise - there are those who say a personal life is a personal life. Personally, it’s just right for RAIN not to show everything. He has to reserve something for himself alone & that’s his privacy. RAIN had experienced so many rumours before & for sure will still go on as long as he’s up there.

What does it mean, late this year? I mean when is Rain supposed to leave for army then? Of course it would make sense if he does at least the promotions.

bbly, anticipation is building up for his upcoming movie. Last year had passed but that has not diminished anticipation for the movie. I really hope & pray that ticket sales for “Living in the Sky” will be high. Like you, I’m still expecting RAIN to promote this film. Playing a pilot character is challenging but I’m sure this won’t be a great deal of time for RAIN to shape-up for the character.

Rain三月北京开个唱 将任“中韩环保大使”

by CUCCI 2011-02-11 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

source

http://gb.cri.cn/27564/2011/02/11/4945s3148253.htm

http://enjoy.eastday.com/e/20110211/u1a5716857.html

http://krdrama.com/bbs/thread-390385-1-1.html

906438489562954076.jpg

[ Rain to accept the invitation of the Chinese Communist Youth League, as the "Korean youth environmental green " image ambassador, preparing himself to China in late February to accept the "China-ROK Youth greening" the ambassador honors]

It will be held in Beijing in late February a press conference officially announced.

[05-Feb-11][Eng Trans ] Rain in an advertisement set.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Source : http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=291740&page=1&bbs=

anjjo, I’m kind of very happy when I heard news about this new China CF because I was expecting that no more ads will be awarded to him anymore since his MS is nearing. This just made me smile really……… He looks good, of course based from this one & only pics released so far (I’m talking how the shot is taken……not the hair – hehehe) He is pretty much singing “I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt so sexy yeah”…I think he is forever flawless . no matter how his hair looks like. I would never get tired of looking at his any pics. Sorry but I can’t get enough of this man. I just think that he looks older than his age because of his new hair without bangs now. Looking at this photo pose, he’s so sexy. The picture felt as if you’re watching Fugitive - oh so Ji-won-ish. I miss his handsome look in “Fugitive & NR “… I’m just really thankful that there’s this upcoming ad in sight soon - oh, happy day. :lol:

Rain三月北京开个唱 将任“中韩环保大使”

by CUCCI 2011-02-11 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

source

http://gb.cri.cn/27564/2011/02/11/4945s3148253.htm

http://enjoy.eastday.com/e/20110211/u1a5716857.html

http://krdrama.com/bbs/thread-390385-1-1.html

*quoted image*

[ Rain to accept the invitation of the Chinese Communist Youth League, as the "Korean youth environmental green " image ambassador, preparing himself to China in late February to accept the "China-ROK Youth greening" the ambassador honors]

It will be held in Beijing in late February a press conference officially announced.

anjjo, thanks for sharing this great news again. Wondering when this will be late this month, huh? Definitely, this is before the 2nd Korea Seoul Cultural Art Grand Prize. I noticed that mostly of his commitments now are in Beijing like the Adieu 2011 on March & the Dream Concert on August. But, I'm so happy that there's more to look forward to.... :lol:

Rain goes to Switzerland to support Cartier

11 February 2011

201102101955051001_1-300x300.jpg

As you probably know, Rain was in Europe in January and he was invited to take part in Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie in Switzerland (Geneva,) as a supportive of Asia’s Cartier, the prestigious and famous watch brand.

This is a major event at this time of year during which he gave a good impression of himself. Indeed, he showed off himself as a world star who demonstrated his knowledge about watches while looking relaxed and speaking English fluently which enchanted everybody.

Rain also had the chance to meet the head of Cartier Company Bernard Fornas. Here are the feelings of Mr Fornas after his meeting with him:

“Thank world star Rain for taking the trouble to come so far. Hopefully, we’ll be in close contact with him and work with each other. We look forward to meeting him again in Paris as soon as possible.”

After the fair in Geneva, Rain went to Paris and finished his trip to the boutique of Paris (the first Cartier shop) at 13 rue de la Paix where he was heartly welcomed.

Are you proud of Rain? Are you happy he represented Korea in Europe?

@newsen

Fr.:hellokpop.com

11 February 2011

*quoted image*

As you probably know, Rain was in Europe in January and he was invited to take part in Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie in Switzerland (Geneva,) as a supportive of Asia’s Cartier, the prestigious and famous watch brand.

This is a major event at this time of year during which he gave a good impression of himself. Indeed, he showed off himself as a world star who demonstrated his knowledge about watches while looking relaxed and speaking English fluently which enchanted everybody.

Rain also had the chance to meet the head of Cartier Company Bernard Fornas. Here are the feelings of Mr Fornas after his meeting with him:

“Thank world star Rain for taking the trouble to come so far. Hopefully, we’ll be in close contact with him and work with each other. We look forward to meeting him again in Paris as soon as possible.”

After the fair in Geneva, Rain went to Paris and finished his trip to the boutique of Paris (the first Cartier shop) at 13 rue de la Paix where he was heartly welcomed.

@newsen

anjjo, I like this phrase -" speaking English fluently which enchanted everybody." - wahhh........ Nice words from the Cartier Head, too - I hope RAIN could work with them soon.I have high expectations! Of course, I'm proud of RAIN! And happy for what he's doing. Thanks dear for sharing more about this. :lol:

11 February 2011

Thanks Anjjo for this piece of news....

I am so blessed for my heart goes to him!! Everything he does, it definitely has an impact on him....

Cartier has a long history , it's high fashion & popular amomgst the comglomerate, to think that they chose him & invited him must be something phenominal he must hv done!!! What I know, Cartier usually dont choose anybody but SOMEBODY ...

so many praises on him...I'm proud of him..:D

On last note, I am so happy that he got some leasure time during his trip to Europe. At least I know he was hibernating at tat time..

bbly, definitely - he's perfect for this pilot role. I have high expectations! Besides, I believe that everything he does is gold! He's a good actor. He really has sharp acting skills. So, this is gonna be good. :lol:

[Feb-11-2011] Rain'll be named an honorary ambassador for protecting the environment in China.

130455.jpg

Singer and actor Rain'll be named an honorary ambassador for protecting the environment, called 'China-Korea Youth to Protect the Environment & Greening Ambassador'.

According to China's leading online news source on the 11th, "Rain'll take action to protect the environment in an effort to prevent the water pollution in the Yellow River, with youths from China and Korea.

Because he is the most appropriate one for the work that is to inspire more youth to care deeply about the environment in that he is one of the most popular and influential stars in the world, Rain'll be named an honorary ambassador for protecting the environment."

He'll visit China in person at the end of this month to be named the honorary ambassador.

Credit to TV Daily http://news.nate.com/view/20110211n18272

Hi bbly, you know, I find JJH beautiful....& her face seductive. About his younger co-star, aside from SMA & SSK, his partner in "Love Story" MV is also younger than him. About, LNY, beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder - you find her gorgeous while others not..... She's fine in my eyes.

bbly, hahaha - anyway, wondering what happened to their friendship after that rumour about them surfaced before. Did it have a bad ending or they still stay friends. There are some who say that fans should know about their idol’s personal life since he/she is a public property – some say otherwise - there are those who say a personal life is a personal life. Personally, it’s just right for RAIN not to show everything. He has to reserve something for himself alone & that’s his privacy. RAIN had experienced so many rumours before & for sure will still go on as long as he’s up there.

bbly, anticipation is building up for his upcoming movie. Last year had passed but that has not diminished anticipation for the movie. I really hope & pray that ticket sales for “Living in the Sky” will be high. Like you, I’m still expecting RAIN to promote this film. Playing a pilot character is challenging but I’m sure this won’t be a great deal of time for RAIN to shape-up for the character.

I agree with you, that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. JJH is pretty, no question about it, but there is something missing in my opinion. I have myself also a different perception of beauty and there are more things that make a beauty for me than only a beautiful face and/or a perfect body.

I don't know if they were really friends or really met couple of times because she was conisdered playing in Fugitive. "Friends" - somehow whenever Rain has rumours with ladies, if he is friends with them or not, dating or not - they are his "friends" and this comes from a guy who said often that he doesn't believe in friendship between a man and a woman. Again, only Rain knows what is the truth. And I want to say: a personal life is a personal life and a celebrity isn't a public property! Rain is living enough of a public life for the sake of his fans, so he should have at least some things in his life that only belong to him!

I am too excited when he will start shooting the movie. I admit that by the end of last year, when all the bad news came and Fugitive didn't do well, I just wished he would leave asap to the army (sometimes I still think the same that it's better to get over with it asap) and I wasn't happy about the movie project (or any project for that matter). But now I accepted it and I think (at least hope) that Rain knows what he does.

11 February 2011

*quoted image*

@newsen

Thanks Anjjo for this piece of news....

I am so blessed for my heart goes to him!! Everything he does, it definitely has an impact on him....

Cartier has a long history , it's high fashion & popular amomgst the comglomerate, to think that they chose him & invited him must be something phenominal he must hv done!!! What I know, Cartier usually dont choose anybody but SOMEBODY ...

so many praises on him...I'm proud of him..:D

On last note, I am so happy that he got some leasure time during his trip to Europe. At least I know he was hibernating at tat time..

Very high praises for Rain here! And agree with Annsit, Cartier is a high-profile brand and company, only for an exclusive circle. So it is wonderful that he was picked for this event. If it is in Asia, we would have said ok it's normal. But this is Europe, so it makes it more special.

bbly, definitely - he's perfect for this pilot role. I have high expectations! Besides, I believe that everything he does is gold! He's a good actor. He really has sharp acting skills. So, this is gonna be good. :lol:

[Feb-11-2011] Rain'll be named an honorary ambassador for protecting the environment in China.

*quoted image*

Singer and actor Rain'll be named an honorary ambassador for protecting the environment, called 'China-Korea Youth to Protect the Environment & Greening Ambassador'.

According to China's leading online news source on the 11th, "Rain'll take action to protect the environment in an effort to prevent the water pollution in the Yellow River, with youths from China and Korea.

Because he is the most appropriate one for the work that is to inspire more youth to care deeply about the environment in that he is one of the most popular and influential stars in the world, Rain'll be named an honorary ambassador for protecting the environment."

He'll visit China in person at the end of this month to be named the honorary ambassador.

Credit to TV Daily http://news.nate.com/view/20110211n18272

Yes, willenette he is a natural talent, acting with his instincts and heart, so everything he acts, he is with one word: PERFECT!

Regarding this ambassador thing, not sure what to think about it. I am bit reminded of a news back then when Rain was appointed to be an ambassador for a Chinese province but the people weren't happy about it and wished for a Chinese person. :unsure:

I just hope this time they won't drop Rain like back then and stand to their word.

Lee Jong Suk joins Rain, Shin Se Kyung for “Red Scarf”

February 11, 2011

20110131_jongsuk.jpg

Actor Lee Jong Suk has been cast for the upcoming movie, “Red Scarf“, which also stars Rain and Shin Se Kyung!

Lee will be playing the role of Rain’s junior, who’s also a combat pilot with a mysterious top gun charm. Since he’s just been admitted to Konkuk University, Lee will be simultaneously preparing for college and for his film role.

Directed by Kim Dong Won, the film is said to be costing $10 million USD in production expenses alone. With tensions rising due to the recent Yeonpyeong Island skirmish, interest in this film has been steadily increasing because it features about attacking Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea.

Source: Daily News via Nate

Fr.:allkpop

-------------------------------

[Feb-11-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain's post and picture on Twitter.

a3%282%29.jpg

Ji hoon jung

29rain Ji hoon jung

http://richard simmons.kr/398K 이사람들이 없었다면... 그리고 드뎌 사진올릴수있다

Rain : Without these men....and I can at last put pictures up on Twitter.

2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@qmpqmpqmpqmpqmp 우

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋT @gori7911: @29rain 많이 답답했지? 다음엔 딴거알려줄께 ㅋㅋㅋ

<Revised>

(qmpqmpqmpqmpqmp 우) is just one of Rain's several good friends, not his backup dancer :

@qmpqmpqmpqmpqmp 우 : ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋT

You've felt frustrated with yourself for not being able to do it, haven't you? I'll teach you another one next time ㅋㅋㅋ

1 hour ago via ALToolbar Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/29rain

http://richard simmons.kr/398K

English translation by rain bird.

Lee Jong Suk joins Rain, Shin Se Kyung for “Red Scarf”

February 11, 2011

*quoted image*

Actor Lee Jong Suk has been cast for the upcoming movie, “Red Scarf“, which also stars Rain and Shin Se Kyung!

Lee will be playing the role of Rain’s junior, who’s also a combat pilot with a mysterious top gun charm. Since he’s just been admitted to Konkuk University, Lee will be simultaneously preparing for college and for his film role.

Directed by Kim Dong Won, the film is said to be costing $10 million USD in production expenses alone. With tensions rising due to the recent Yeonpyeong Island skirmish, interest in this film has been steadily increasing because it features about attacking Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea.

Source: Daily News via Nate

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this. I don't know much about him but if I'm not mistaken he was also in Secret Garden for a cameo role (?)......(I stand corrected here.....) I seem to see him there. If he's really the one, he got talent in acting although I saw him in short appearance only in that drama....... :unsure:

[Feb-12-2011] Rain turns into a charismatic gentleman who is dressed in all black.

201102120908251002_1.jpg

<Revised>

Rain released a new picture which presents his dancer and him together via Twitter on the afternoon of February 11th. The picture shows Rain making a boast of his hunk appeal by wearing black suit with black sunglasses.

In addition to the picture, Rain posted a comment, "Without these men...and I can at last put pictures up on Twitter."

This means that he shows his appreciation of his back dancers' help during his concert and at the same time the mere fact that 'he who was a computer illiterate can now put pictures up on Twitter himself' makes him feel glorious.

His fans showed an enthusiastic response to the post, "You should be dressed in all black to be recognized as a real man!" "He looks cooler than any other man." " In terms of height and sexy figure, he is second to nobody."

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110212n03100

(News) Secret Garden's Lee Jong Suk added to RAIN's blockbuster movie "Living in the Sky"

LeeJOngSuk.jpg

Actor Lee Jong Suk who has stolen people’s attention for his role as a gay whose crush to Oska in just-ended smash-hit drama ‘Secret Garden’, has recently been reported to join the cast of upcoming blockbuster movie ‘Living in the Sky’ co-starring top Korean star Rain and rising actress Shin Se Kyung.

The movie covers the story of the Korean air force pilots who risk their lives and sacrifice their love to complete their mission to fight at the Korean Peninsula. Rain plays as the fighter pilot, while Shin as his love interest and also his mechanic. And Lee takes the role of a junior fighter pilot to Rain’s character.

‘Living in the Sky’ also starring Lee Ha Na (Le Grand Chef) and Kim Sung Soo (My Precious Child) will start the filming sometime this month.

Source: SPN

Taken from: mydramadiary

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this. I don't know much about him but if I'm not mistaken he was also in Secret Garden for a cameo role (?)......(I stand corrected here.....) I seem to see him there. If he's really the one, he got talent in acting although I saw him in short appearance only in that drama....... :unsure:

“Secret Garden” Lee JongSuk cast for “The Red Muffler–2011″ with Rain and Sin Se-Kyeong

HanCinema 2/10/2011

c6e5b471714cff275c8d7646064a9efa_large.jpg

Actor Lee Jong-suk who gained much popularity in the SBS drama “Secret Garden” playing Sun, will return as a devilish character.

Lee Jong-suk is expected to play a role in “The Red Muffler – 2011″ (director Kim Dong-weon) along with Rain and Sin Se-kyeong.

“The Red Muffler – 2011″ is an action blockbuster movie about the life, love and mission of Korean air force pilots who risk their lives to fight the danger at the Korean Peninsula on their combat planes.

Lee Jong-suk will be playing a combat plane pilot who is a junior to Rain.

Meanwhile, Sin Se-kyeong, Lee Ha-na, Kim Sung-soo and others have been cast in this movie and will start filming this February.

Source : movie.daum.net/( Korean)

(News) Secret Garden's Lee Jong Suk added to RAIN's blockbuster movie "Living in the Sky"

*quoted image*

Actor Lee Jong Suk who has stolen people’s attention for his role as a gay whose crush to Oska in just-ended smash-hit drama ‘Secret Garden’, has recently been reported to join the cast of upcoming blockbuster movie ‘Living in the Sky’ co-starring top Korean star Rain and rising actress Shin Se Kyung.

The movie covers the story of the Korean air force pilots who risk their lives and sacrifice their love to complete their mission to fight at the Korean Peninsula. Rain plays as the fighter pilot, while Shin as his love interest and also his mechanic. And Lee takes the role of a junior fighter pilot to Rain’s character.

‘Living in the Sky’ also starring Lee Ha Na (Le Grand Chef) and Kim Sung Soo (My Precious Child) will start the filming sometime this month.

Source: SPN

Taken from: mydramadiary

Rain will be surrounded by a lot of younger actors this time. This shows that our man gets older too and isn't the youngest anymore. :P

Wonder if there will be an official press conference before the shooting starts. I can't wait to ses Rain in an uniform. The only uniform we have seen him so far I think was his school uniform during Sang-doo. blush.gif

The first & second actors won coz their dramas are currently being aired -

Kim Hyun Joong, the most popular Asian star in China

February 12, 2011

c0047605_14485110.jpg

Rain ranked 4th

Various Chinese portal sites like Sohu, Baidu, Google, Sina.com, and others, recently asked their visitors to vote for who they thought was the most popular Asian star.

Kim Hyun Joong won, carrying 3068 (19.2%) votes, probably due to the fact that his most recent drama, “Playful Kiss“, is currently airing in China. While Kim Hyun Joong was popular as part of the group SS501, he didn’t nearly have enough popularity then to beat out the other stars, like Rain and TVXQ, who were on the list. This further supports that Korean dramas still have a great deal of influence in China.

With the results from 2-10, you can see that the drama-popularity trend remains strong, with Song Seung Heon, who’s currently playing the lead in “My Princess”, placing 2nd with 1684 (10.5%) votes, and Girls’ Generation/SNSD’s Yoona at 3rd, with 1259 (7.9%) votes for playing the lead in “You are My Destiny”.

Rain came in 4th place, with 1190 (7.4%) votes; TVXQ’s Yunho came in 5th, with 1148 votes (7.2%); Lee Wan came in 6th place with 991 (6.2%) votes; in 7th place was Lee Seung Gi, with 682 (4.3%) votes; in 8th was Super Junior’s Heechul with 600 (3.7%) votes; 9th was Kim Jung Hoon with 529 (3.3%) votes; and finally, Moon Geun Young with 291 (2.5%) votes.

Source: Sports World via Nate

pic credit:rainstorm.exblog

---------------------------------

Rain Named Honorary Environmental Ambassador in China

2011-02-12

4788-jimdkv7d65.jpg

International entertainer Rain is to be named an honorary enviornmental ambassador, officially named "'China-Korea Youth to Protect the Environment & Greening Ambassador".

As of the 11th, Rain's upcoming duties were defined as "taking action to protect the environment in an effort to prevent the water pollution in the Yellow River, along with youth volunteers from China and Korea."

It was also stated by a representative of the Chinese media, "Rain is most appropriate for this position as the 'honorary ambassador for protecting the enviornment' because he is one of the most popular and influential stars in the world currently, as is a figure fit to inspire the youth of Korea and China."

Rain is set to visit China by the end of the month in order to attend the event that will grant him his honorary title.

It seems that between his latest national project and the filming of "Red Muffler", Rain is sure to be busy before his upcoming military enlistment.

Source:gokpop.com

I really would like to know what Rain's role as an ambassador for the environment in China will be.

And about the ranking of Rain in China, dear anjjo for me Rain will be always Number 1! ;)

I noticed a thing on those Cartier pictures that were posted just rescently with the article. On 2 pictures Rain's hair look total different and in the article they are saying that Rain visited Cartier in Paris as well. So my guess is that those 2 pictures where his hair looks flatter are from Paris Cartier and not Switzerland Geneve.

[Feb-12-2011] Rain'll struggle for success as an Asian actor in U.S. market after leaving the army. (In an interview after the 62nd Sapporo Snow&K-Pop Festival.)

AKR20110212050700005_01_i.jpg

AKR20110212050700005_02_i.jpg

After the 62nd Sapporo Snow & K-Pop Festival last 11th, Rain said in an interview with Yon Hahp News, "I feel that such a staged performance today is dear to me, and it is a lot of fun."

Rain who was centered out of punishment through rock scissors paper between his dancers and him, downed his beer at dinner and said, " I feel like a burden has been lifted from my shoulders now that I've greeted the New Year."

Ten years after his debut, now here he is in his 30s in Korean age.

-- Q &A with Rain--

Q : Last year you were a victim of various rumors.

Rain : All people have their own crucible without favoritism for any one. Only people who are determined to go through this can be happy. I can overcome that because my dreams for my future are great.

Q : It's been 10 years since you debuted in 2002. What kinds of special challenges have you been doing?

Rain : All my work was an out-and-out challenge. The proportion of success to failure in my life is 70 to 30 so far.

My first dream was to win first prize at a music chart show. I feel that I've luckily turned up trumps as I think about the past.

I won the grand slam at MTV TV awards ceremony, I was named one of the 100 Most Influential People by Time magazine, I won a MTV Movie Award for 'Ninja Assassin', and Berlin International Film Festival gave movie 'I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK' starring me an award.

I poured myself into the work without sleep during my 20s, but I want to give myself in my 30s a little more time after leaving the army.

Q : Recently, 'Park Jin Young's JYP Entertainment has become a major share in your agent J.Tune Entertainment, which makes you be like forming a partnership with JYP (Park Jin Young) again. How has that happened?

Rain : Both JYP and me stood our words that we would do something together someday to provide a strong synergy effect after pursuing our individual dreams.

JYP recognizes me as his partner even though I'm his disciple, that’s why I look up to him. I can't recognize MBLAQ produced by me as my partner. In that respect I should still learn a lot from JYP.

Q : Sometime this fall, you have to enter the military.

Rain : Until I enter the military, I want to study. I've begun studying English and Chinese again and will learn how to play the guitar.

Of course, it’s too bad, because there'll be a vacuum even though I've come to have a chance to bloom since I pushed into U.S. market for the first time in 2006. I've had 2 movie roles offered to me recently, but I must regretfully refuse their offers.

Q : Do you have any plans after leaving the army?

Rain : I'll struggle for success as an Korean-Asian actor in U.S. market after leaving the army.

I want to stake my all on the work, staying there.

I heard that Asian-American group 'Far East Movement's music recently hit number one on the Billboard charts, but Asian singers' chances of success is slim in the USA.

As long as major Hollywood studios and distributions back me up in my work as an actor, then it's going to be worth challenging.

Q : Idol groups are currently having their share of fame in the music scene. What do you think of it?

Rain : Perhaps I was also one of idols ten years ago. Haha..

I expect to see the continued emergence of some rising Korean stars who sing and dance much better than I do in the years ahead, but the public tends to lose interest in everything easily and look for something new.

I like this passage, "In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different"

I want to speak as follows. If they only recall the past, they can just enjoy themselves, but if they have a goal to work in the music world for all of their life, they need to always try new things.

Q : I think you feel really great about that there is a boom for Asian K-Pop because you are a leader in overseas expansion.

Rain : I think it has been stabilizing since the bubble in the Korean Wave burst.

They can compete with each other to become the best singers in Asia, which is great. They should better themselves by understanding and organizing the flow of the Asian pop music scene.

Q : I hear that you've decided to appear in a movie whose working title: Red Muffler.

Rain : It's a fictional film about there is a war in Korea, I play a fighter pilot in the movie. I'm learning how to steer fighter planes. The movie will start filming in late February.

Q : Try to visualize you as a middle aged Rain.

Rain : I wish to dance in a tuxedo on the air, enjoying an active life into old age.

Credit to Yon Hahp news http://news.nate.com/view/20110212n04757

------------------------------

More cast members join Rain’s Red Scarf

by javabeans | February 12, 2011

leehana_65.jpg

Rain’s new movie Red Scarf, co-starring Shin Se-kyung as his love interest, is beefing up its cast with several new additions: Lee Hana (Triple), Kim Sung-soo (My Precious You), musical and film actor Yoo Joon-sang (Moss), and Secret Garden’s Tae-sun, Lee Jong-seok.

The plot: A volatile North-South situation sets the stage for the blockbuster action-melodrama, in which Rain plays a fighter pilot who takes part in a dangerous mission that includes the bombardment of Pyongyang. Shin Se-kyung is the main lead and his romantic partner, while Lee Jong-seok is confirmed as a pilot and one of Rain’s juniors. Since the film is described as depicting the lives and loves of the fighter pilots who engage in the mission, I’m presuming that the other men are likely to be airmen colleagues, though don’t quote me on that.

Red Scarf is a remake of the 1964 film of the same name (although this movie’s title uses Korean, whereas the old movie’s title was a transliteration of the English). Directing is Kim Dong-won, the director of 2008′s action-crime comedy City of Damnation and a producer on the recent Housemaid remake. The film will employ a cinematography team specializing in aviation shoots, who worked on previous films Sky Fighter and Stealth.

Truth be told, I’m a bit meh on the ladies — they’re all right, but not (imo) all that charismatic — but as for the others… Hot men in uniform? Yes, please!

Red Scarf begins shooting at the end of February.

leejongseok_2.jpg

Lee Jong-seok

kimsungsoo_10.jpg

Kim Sung-soo

yoojunsang_4.jpg

Yoo Joon-sang

Via My Daily, E Daily

Source:dramabeans

[Feb-12-2011] Rain'll struggle for success as an Asian actor in U.S. market after leaving the army. (In an interview after the 62nd Sapporo Snow&K-Pop Festival.)

Credit to Yon Hahp news http://news.nate.com/view/20110212n04757

------------------------------

More cast members join Rain’s Red Scarf

by javabeans | February 12, 2011

Truth be told, I’m a bit meh on the ladies — they’re all right, but not (imo) all that charismatic — but as for the others… Hot men in uniform? Yes, please!

Source:dramabeans

I read that interview several times yesterday and I was touched, sad, happy every time. Rain, be everything you wish for comes true!

And may I say: THANK YOU!!!!! Javabeans, thank you. So I am not crazy and alone with the opinion about the ladies cast - at least about SSK. :P