Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

I am not saying that everybody has to love NA, hey everyone is entitled to their opinion (anyway, I will have my own opinion after watching the movie) but what really makes me wonder is how some people are complaining or critisicing Rain's cold and emotionless expressions, the plot, the lack of dialogues, the amount of blood, the darkness. I am then wondering do they know what a martial art movie is about, what ninjas are! Hello? We speak of an action movie here and not some romantic comedy! No matter what they write and how much the "press" tries to put the movie down, they can't and won't stop it from being huge and of Rain being on the top of the game!!!!

Hi bbly, I couldn't agree with you more - So many bloody scenes in the movie, which some people really don't like – it looks too violent, which most people don't like for sure but echoing your words, everyone is entitled to their opinion. About bad reviews that I read about the movie, well, nobody’s alike – different people, different preferences. :lol::mellow:

IGN.com_ Ninja Assassin (2009) Exclusive Clip - Do you remember

Source: http://movies.ign.com

YT From: scorpiolabi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxX-MgywSes

jini, thanks for sharing this again. This is the scene where I find it so bloody that it looks too violent. :huh::mellow:

You can see here clearly all VIPs at the NA premiere :D What`s more we know where Rain sat :P

091109_ Mnet_Wide Ent. News_Ninja Assassin VIP premiere in Seoul+Asia Press Con+Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf6GLSaA7sk&feature=sub

cr: scorpiolabi@youtube

Thanks Kicia for the video.

Good to know that all his best chingu came to support him. Too bad the lead lady for FULLHOUSE is not there, otherwise,

it will be complete.....but it doesn't matter anyway ....what important is ALL his friends were there to lift his spirit up!! :D

*** Oh, my man will already leave for US. tomorrow. :P:huh:

[11-10] [JTune] Rain's Ninja Assassin promotional trip outbound flight informati

Brefly translated by cuckoo

source: rain-jihoon

Hello, this is Cloud Master.

Ninja Assassin US promotional trip outbound flight information

November 11th

Incheon --> Washington DC

KE093

Departure time: 10:25am

Arrival time: 9:50am

Thank you

Guest tearsinh3aven

'Ninja Assassin' misses the target.

@Asianfanatics

Humorless, preposterous, and soaked in blood, "Ninja Assassin" turns out to be thinly-plotted schlock from a team of pedigree filmmakers who should have known better. "The day Rain did his first scene in 'Speed Racer,' the Wachowski brothers called me and said 'This guy is unbelievable. He's a natural, our dream come true.' We began to plan 'Ninja Assassin' immediately afterward," producer Joel Silver said in an earlier interview.

Unfortunately for "world star" Rain, what was to be his breakout film falls way short of what "Enter the Dragon" was for Bruce Lee. No doubt that was what the Wachowski Brothers were aiming to do by gambling on a relative unknown in the Western world.

Rain plays Raizo, one of the world's deadliest assassins trained by the Ozunu Clan - an underground band of killers that has remained hidden for generations by posing as a mythical organization.

Robbed of his childhood, Raizo is transformed into a merciless Katana-wielding killing machine. Breaking free from their mountain lair, he plans to exact revenge on the clan for killing his first love.

In his quest for revenge, he gets help from a Europol agent Mika Coretti - played by Naomi Harris - who stumbles upon a money trail connecting a slew of high profile political assassinations around the world committed by the Ozunu.

As she begins to uncover the truth behind the murders, she too, becomes their target and is saved by Raizo when assassins emerge to kill her in Berlin.

By now, plots like these have become the silver screen version of painting-by-numbers in the same manner as Tom Clancy inspired techno-thriller novels.

But the plot does have all of the makings of a straightforward pulp action thriller, as its opening set-piece suggests. In it Raizo ambushes a gang of Yakuza members, with heads and limbs severed and buckets of blood everywhere.

The level of over-the-top ultra-violence established through this opener is unfortunately juxtaposed with a serious tone devoid of much irony.

The film is not a nod to pulpy B-grade kung-fu genre of the 70s, nor is it a polished action flick geared towards a mainstream audience. Instead it's stuck in the middle ground, in an area unlikely to appeal to fans of either genre.

When production on the film was announced, anticipation was high, as it was written and produced by the makers of The Matrix trilogy, with directing duties falling on James McTiegue, the veteran director who scored both a critical hit and modest box office success with 2005's V for Vendetta.

But it seems somewhere down the line the creative vision of the producers and the director clashed without either camp realizing.

Perhaps they realized during post-production they had a potential turkey on their hands - the film's marketing has focused on Rain and the physical transformation he underwent during six months of grueling training with the stunt and fight team that trained the actors in "300."

And the result is there on the screen. The 28-year-old actor is shown sans shirt as if he's allergic to fabric except for a leather jacket.

He's ripped. His female fans will love him - as long as they don't get too squeamish from seeing all the blood.

He does a decent job with the few lines he has throughout the 98-minute running time.

The verdict is still out on whether this will be his breakthrough role and it will be interesting to see if his star power alone will be able to generate enough revenue in Asia to warrant future high-profile roles.

Korea Herald

'Ninja Assassin' misses the target.

Thanks for sharing but it has been already posted by deka .

11.03.09 Most Wanted (and Unwanted) Posters

Look for this cover:

paranormal-activity-ew-cover.jpg

In the current EW, 11/6, on page 43 there is an article about movie posters with Ninja Assassin~!

rainew2.jpg

Article (Rain part only):

We grade the posters for ”Precious,” ”Up In the Air,” ”Ninja Assassin,” and more

By Adam B. Vary

NINJA ASSASSIN

Savage, sleek, and sexy, this poster knows exactly who its target audience is, and exactly what they want. Plus, the tagline — ”Fear not the weapon but the hand that wields it” — sounds like it was written by Yoda. Now if only the film’s star, Korean pop sensation Rain, could get his entire face on the bloody thing. B+

(I like how it only shows part of Rain’s face – ninjas are supposed to be mysterious~Ali)

Credit: Entertainment Weekly, Issue 1074 November 6, 2009 Online Article Source: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20317423,00.html

11.03.09 Most Wanted (and Unwanted) Posters

Look for this cover:

http://sixtofive1982.files.wordpress.com/2...ty-ew-cover.jpg

In the current EW, 11/6, on page 43 there is an article about movie posters with Ninja Assassin~!

http://sixtofive1982.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/rainew2.jpg

Article (Rain part only):

We grade the posters for ”Precious,” ”Up In the Air,” ”Ninja Assassin,” and more

By Adam B. Vary

NINJA ASSASSIN

Savage, sleek, and sexy, this poster knows exactly who its target audience is, and exactly what they want. Plus, the tagline — ”Fear not the weapon but the hand that wields it” — sounds like it was written by Yoda. Now if only the film’s star, Korean pop sensation Rain, could get his entire face on the bloody thing. B+

(I like how it only shows part of Rain’s face – ninjas are supposed to be mysterious~Ali)

Credit: Entertainment Weekly, Issue 1074 November 6, 2009 Online Article Source: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20317423,00.html

Kicia, thanks for sharing this. I'm happy that NA poster is included as The Most Wanted (?) - I love how they described it as "sleek & sexy" - :P:lol:

*** So lucky this girl – Ohhh………I’m green with envy. Look at her wide smiles……… I’ve seen him more than once but never had a photo with him – sigh. :P:mellow:

[11-10] Rain with fan at Ninja assassin Seoul Press con

source:http://blogs.todayonline.com/rat ... hot-ninja-assassin/

NApresscon_withafan_3-768x1024.jpg

Credit : rainalice/rainlegend

Thu, thanks for posting so many & different photos. Please keep them coming. The movie of our man/our love is so very near - You know, I’m not into full-pack-action movie since I’m not an action junkie person but for sure I’d enjoy watching it mainly because of RAIN. I think & I know it’s more of a guy flick, my opinion but it’s RAIN there! I hope & pray that his movie will gross more money. At the end of the day that will make Clouds happy! (including me & you, of course…..) Sometimes I’d feel pessimistic but it doesn’t mean unsupported of him. :P:lol:

Thu Thanks so much for sharing! A fload of pics :lol: Keep them coming!

Day after day Ji Hoons outfit is getting better (I dindn`t like the first suit) :D

One more time I have a feeling that I`m watching old Rain from Sang Doo Let`s Go to school. This haircut, smile... He doesn`t age at all.

*** Thanks Thu for sharing this. This is because of NA, his movie. Looking forward for his debut English album soon. When that time comes I hope also that this will be included in the Billboard Chart just like Wonder Girls. :D:P

[Nov-10-2009] Rain "album offers from US thanks to 'Ninja Assassin', targeting Billboard"

With Rain's first Hollyoowd leading movie 'Ninja Assassin' coming soon, Rain stated that thanks to the movie, there have been many offers for an album from American album producers.

In Lotte Hotel, Seoul on the 10th of November, Rain was asked the question if he was going to aim the American album market now that he has become a leading actor in Hollywood.

To this he smiled "if the movie receives a lot of positive responses, I'll stick to movie." He continued "In the past nobody even took a glance at me even if I went around. Now that I'm with Joel Silver and the Wachowski brothers, people are showing interest by saying 'who is that guy'".

He added "there's a lot of offers even now but I'm looking forward to more offers from more album producers if 'Ninja Assassin' hits big. I'll try to aim for the Billboard chart this time."

Rain who some estimated would star a remake version of 'Enter the Dragon', which starred Bruce Lee, for his next movie, Rain said "I'm not going to make any comments until contracts are finalized. Even 'Ninja Assassin', was announced only after 6 months of talking back and forth. It'll be a movie starring many protagonists which I will also take part."

credit to Star news

http://media.daum.net/entertain/all/view.h...&p=starnews

photo : http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=L...;aid=0002006522

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

Guest tyty6_7

Rain who some estimated would star a remake version of 'Enter the Dragon', which starred Bruce Lee, for his next movie, Rain said "I'm not going to make any comments until contracts are finalized. Even 'Ninja Assassin', was announced only after 6 months of talking back and forth. It'll be a movie starring many protagonists which I will also take part."

It seems that he is probably gonna be in " Awaken the Dragon"... I wonder which role he was offered?..If they are looking for an established american actor for the FBI agent role, then our Rain might be a rough and villain monk...

OMG, we might have a chance to see Rain with no hairs....kekeke... a hot monk, isn't it??....

-------------------------

It seems that he is probably gonna be in " Awaken the Dragon"... I wonder which role he was offered?..If they are looking for an established american actor for the FBI agent role, then our Rain might be a rough and villain monk...

OMG, we might have a chance to see Rain with no hairs....kekeke... a hot monk, isn't it??....

-------------------------

Yes, definitely he gives a hint that he may be in Awaken the Dragon... But if he will be a monk willenette will have a hard time :P Willenette you hate his forehead, don`t you? :D

Guest de Jarje

Rain will continue his promotional tour Nov. 11 to 22 across the U.S., including New York and Los Angeles. He will then visit Hong Kong Nov. 28 and 29, Jakarta, Indonesia on Dec. 3 and finally Shanghai through the following week of December.

I'm sorry to cut your comment here.... ^ ^

Just exited to read that he'll come to Indo...finally after so long there will be K-star as top as Rain will come to Jakarta...