Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain’s body before and after Ninja Assassin

20091108_rainbody_main.jpg

Rain revealed some pictures of his abs before and after getting ripped for Ninja Assassin, his upcoming Hollywood movie, and the difference is pretty significant.

In the before picture, the singer-actor's well-known six pack is nowhere to be seen. Then there's a picture of him after working out for some time and his muscles seem to be developing. The final picture blew me away; all I could see were his intense guns and visible six pack abs!

I always thought Rain was one of those ridiculously muscular guys but this just shows how hard he worked for his movie.

His strong will has definitely got him far in his career. Who's excited for Ninja Assassin?

Source:allkpop

- - - - - - - - -

Of course, all of us are excited for this movie, as the opening date of its showing is nearing, I have mixed emotions as to how it will fare at the box office, but I have high hopes and have my fingers crossed that this will be a great film and make Rain really BIG!

3 Nov 2009 - HK Ming Pao Weekly No 2138

op44.jpg

op5.jpg

op6.jpg

credit: as tagged

7 Nov 2009 - J. Tune Camp Rain Japan official site - member card

rain-1afab73338.jpg

rain-37760fa843.jpg

rain-9fd6180fb3.jpg

credit: as tagged

I found today some behind the scenes footage for an upcoming joint (Legacy Ft. Murs, Xzibit, Raekwon, Ceazarof) that will be featured on the Ninja Assassin OST.

cr: ICEWATERTV@youtube

Honestly, when looking at the 3 different pics of Rain and his body, I definitely prefer the 1st one.

That club member card for the Japanese clouds looks really nice.

It's weird that so far we didn't have really material be it pics or clips for the VIP Premiere of NA in Seoul (and for the Lotte Show Family).

It's weird that so far we didn't have really material be it pics or clips for the VIP Premiere of NA in Seoul (and for the Lotte Show Family).

Yeah....I agree...so weird that till today not much of news, pictures nor video of the Premiere.....

Here is another video on the NA premiere....fm Taiwan news (I think!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDSnMuigixg

HEJ & KSJ attended the premiere..

2009/11/07

(Movie Review)

Rain's charm goes missing in Hollywood ninja movie

SEOUL, Nov. 7 (Yonhap) -- If you are to enjoy "Ninja Assassin," you must either be a fan of the Wachowski brothers or a martial arts movie lover. Being a fan of South Korean heartthrob Rain won't do.

"Ninja Assassin," a Hollywood-produced Asian martial arts movie, has drawn high expectations from local movie fans since the news broke that the South Korean pop sensation and rising actor would play the lead character.

20091107105308_bodyfile.jpg

Produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski brothers, and directed by James McTeigue of "V for Vendetta (2005)," rumors said the film was shaping up as one of the largest Hollywood blockbuster smashes of the year.

The final product, however, falls far short of anticipation, especially for fans of Rain, who have seen the actor in some of his best performances in local films and TV dramas.

The movie features Raizo (Rain), one of the deadliest assassins in the world, who was taken from the streets as a child and transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. Haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free and vanishes, preparing to exact his revenge.

In Berlin, Europol agent Mika Coretti (Naomie Harris) stumbles upon a money trail linking several political murders to an underground network of untraceable assassins from the Far East.

Defying the orders of her superiors, Mika digs into top secret agency files to learn the truth behind the murders. Her investigation makes her a target, and the Ozunu Clan sends a team of killers led by the lethal Takeshi (Rick Yune).

Saving Mika from her attackers, Raizo emerges from hiding and slowly makes his way toward the elusive camp of the Ozunu Clan.

Inspired by the ninja scenes featured in the Wachowskis' 2008 film "Speed Racer," in which the actor Rain had impressed the producers with his portrayal as a fighter, filming of the movie began in Berlin, Germany at the end of April 2008.

"The day Rain did his first scene in 'Speed Racer,' the Wachowski brothers called me and said 'This guy is unbelievable. He's a natural, our dream come true.' We began to plan 'Ninja Assassin' immediately afterward," producer Joel Silver said in an earlier interview.

Rain's six months of intense training to play the role of the deadly assassin is apparent. Rain flies about the screens wielding katanas and chained-daggers, creating breathtaking action scenes that take up most of the film's 98-minute running time.

What is missing, however, is a comprehensible plot to back the flashy action scenes and the lead actor's charisma to keep the audience amused.

Rain's expressionless face and emotionless voice seem strange to viewers used to his wide range of acting skills.

Rain, 27, is also widely known by his real name, Jung Ji-hoon, in South Korea, which he revealed with his 2003 acting debut to show people he takes acting as seriously as singing. Rain is Jung's stage name as a singer.

Rain's first film, "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK," directed by Park Chan-wook, garnered him the Alfred Bauer Prize at the Berlin Film Festival in 2007, proving the young star's versatile potential.

In his newest film, however, Rain hardly says a few sentences throughout -- perhaps due to his lack of English-speaking ability -- and fails to show off his charm that managed to take the hearts of so many female fans in his homeland.

Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, "Ninja Assassin" will hit South Korean theaters Nov. 26, a day after its United States and Canada release.

Credits : Shin Hae-in (hayney@yna.co.kr)

Source : Yonhap News

Guest tyty6_7

Thanks everybody for all the Rain's stuffs....

2009/11/07

(Movie Review)

If you are to enjoy "Ninja Assassin," you must either be a fan of the Wachowski brothers or a martial arts movie lover. Being a fan of South Korean heartthrob Rain won't do.

In his newest film, however, Rain hardly says a few sentences throughout -- perhaps due to his lack of English-speaking ability -- and fails to show off his charm that managed to take the hearts of so many female fans in his homeland.

By the writing of this reviewer, I guess she is a lady... I haven't seen the movie yet, but I couldn't agree with some stuff that she wrote ...M'ame, this movie is an action one...most of the hardcore action movies dont have a good plot... and he is a ninja who 's killing people....what did you expect from him???...you wanted him to be a cute or adorable ninja or something???

It's funny that we have news about the NA premiere by Taiwan media but nothing from the Korean media.

It's really wierd and funny... I guess they might combine the press conference which will be held today to write the articles about this movie.... or they might be so disappointed with his movie ( like that above lady) that they did not want to release any thing ..hehehe...( just J/K)...

By the writing of this reviewer, I guess she is a lady... I haven't seen the movie yet, but I couldn't not agree with some stuff that she wrote ...M'ame, this movie is an action one...most of the hardcore action movies dont have a good plot... and he is a ninja who 's killing people....what did you expect from him???...you wanted him to be a cute or adorable ninja or something???

Totally agreed.

We all have read many good and bad reviews of NA but this is the first one that I find really funny.

The writer seems to know nothing about action movies or ninjas. As for me:

1) ninjas don`t talk much LOL;

2) have cold emotionless voice and expressionless face (as they don`t smile much either);

3) aren`t charming.

It`s like stating that Sense and Sensibility was a bad movie cause there was no passionate love between main characters. Hello! It`s Jane Austen!

If you want to see charming Rain you watch Full House for God`s sake...

Here we will have a badass ninja.

This movie surely won`t show Rain`s acting skills. It`s all about his maritial art skills and ripped body. If people have other expectations they will be disappointed.

Lastly something from NA premiere :P

Rain 091107 Ninja Assassin_VIP Premiere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUXEvRxXgE&feature=sub

cr: maruborarain1@youtube

Here`s a brief translation:

Rain :

Nice to meet you.

This VIP premiere was not originally planned, but I insisted on putting on it in force just because I wanted to show the movie to my acquaintances and close friends, notwithstanding the studio would not release it in Korea.

Please enjoy it.

Actor ‘Cha Tae-Hyun’ :

I’ll enjoy this movie.

Naturally, it should be well made movie.

Rain undoubtedly went through all kinds of hardships during the shoot.

He is a marvelous actor.

Hope him to be sure to succeed even in America.

‘Actress ‘Han Eun-Jeong’ :

I’ve come to congratulate on the reveal of Rain’s hollywood leading role Ninja Assassin.

I’m looking forward to seeing the movie.

‘Actor ‘Kim Seong-Soo’

Rain did wonders in his role as the protagonist in this action-packed martial arts movie.

Girl group ‘Girl Generation’ :

I’m looking forward to his half-naked body, but first of all, expectations are high for the outcome of his efforts.

Brief translation by rain bird

[Eng Sub] 050223 Rain Interview Tokyo Tower

KR to CN by taosnoopy@Baidu Rain Bar

CN to EN by Cuckoo

Timing by rainalice

Sub by Cin

Uploaded and Presented by RainLegend.com

High quality full version download at http://www.rainlegend.com

Rain Tous Les Jours New picture

tlj.jpg

tlj2.jpg

TousLesJours.jpg

credit: rainstorm

Rain Nature Republic New picture

nr.jpg

credit: rainstorm

My friend just told me that Rain today wore black vest and red tie.

There were around 400 people attend it

Kim Sun Ah come to the CGV and they greeting by hug. :rolleyes:

so why don't have any pics for our

Hi Thu, thanks for this bits of info. So happy to know that many people had attended the premier. KSA was there to show support for RAIN. :P:lol:

yeah Ansit, I have read that, and very suprised it.

I think some fans angry cause they like they was cheat, JDG said that he doesn't have girlfriend for a long tim, and now people know they have dated 2 years. So I think everybody of course very shocked ( me too :D )

I think we should understand for them, before they can confirm they should certain about situation , if they will end up with married or not, so that's why they don't want confim it before they have finally decision.

I think there are 2 type of fans, some of don't want artist tell their relationship if the relationship has just begin short time ,

somef of fans want artist should tell the truth have the relationship as soon as they have it.

so the artist shouldn't do ??? I think it depend on the artist's thought.

I myself just want Rain feels happy with his choice,

I of course cursious if he has a girlfriend or not , and sometimes I don't believe too much him about he doesn't have girlfriend.

actually I don't think Rain doesn't have any relationship from he debut to now. He is still the man.

so one day Rain acts like JDG, I think I can understand him.

Just wish him happy with his choice ( even It maybe opposite my wish, keke )

Thu, hahaha - I agree with you, dear - I would feel the same way as you'd do - I'd feel & show support for him whatever kind of revelation that he's going to do in the future. I'm sure you'd stick to him through thick & thin even if she turns-out not your choice - hehehe - it happened, right? :lol::P

I`m trying to be patient... very hard :lol:

Hahha :lol: Here we are again. Rain and his relationships. Frankly speaking I think his private life isn`t our business :P

I`m very happy for JDG and I don`t understand this whole uproar :o

Rain said once that even if he had a girlfriend he wouldn`t admit it so …. those who are not prepared for that kind of announcement should think about it ;)

Rain's hard training during the Ninja Assassin shooting - youtube link

source:.benamoo

upload: rainjihooncom

Hi Kicia, thanks for sharing this video clip via YT. Wow, if he's really the one speaking here in English & wasn't dubbed, surely, he has improved a lot! I could understand well the way he talked. About relationship, another version that I heard from him is this - he'll ask the opinion of the girl in case she wants to open this in public or not, if the girl doesn't like it, he'll respect her & try to protect her. :P:lol:

06.11.09 Rain NA first premier in CGV theater fancam1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kj6eFqKiEw

06.11.09 Rain in NA first premiere CGV theater fancam2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4V97gUqN8

06.11.09 Rain in NA first premier in CGV theater fancam3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD455QiBLs4

Thu, thanks for sharing these video clips. Waited for the very first photo to come out but I saw the video first & it feels very good. He looks so dashing with that suit. :P:lol:

Thank you very much for your hard work...

OMG... I heard the cheers of the fan boys...

hehehe ...our Bi was kind of shy at the fanboys chants huh?.

--------------------------------

Angelordevil, I wonder if the theatre was full???

--------------------------------

tyty, Thu really has been working very hard to give us an update anytime & I really appreciate it. Ye, I also heard those cheers, those were men voices. Wondering who were they, huh? I was also wondering if the theater was full because I saw some seats vacant - :lol::mellow:

You're welcome, I think all Bier looking forward seeing it. so I post it

need to thank the author of fancam and share with us. keke

I don't know if the theatre was full or not

as I said it above, there was around 400 people was invited keke

in the fancam I see a lot of media were here, but can't see any pics from media.it's so weird. kaka

edit: heard that Im So Young, Lee HyoRi, SNSD, Cha Tae Hun, Chung Lim has come too.

-------------

The audiences : Don't cry! Don't cry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD455QiBLs4

Rain :

Nice to meet you.

This VIP premiere in Korea was not originally planned, but I insisted on putting on it in force just because

I wanted to show the movie to my acquaintances and close friends, notwithstanding the resistance was strong from Warner Brothers Studio..

Hope you to enjoy the movie, and I worked hard during the shoot.

Thank you.credit to benamoo

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

Thu, hahaha - so, this was what they were shouting to RAIN in the video - not to cry - Thanks for sharing the translation of what he said. All the time, Hyori & CTH were there for RAIN. They're good & real friends of RAIN! :P:lol:

Rain’s body before and after Ninja Assassin

http://www.allkpop.com.lg1x1.simplecdn.net...inbody_main.jpg

Rain revealed some pictures of his abs before and after getting ripped for Ninja Assassin, his upcoming Hollywood movie, and the difference is pretty significant.

In the before picture, the singer-actor's well-known six pack is nowhere to be seen. Then there's a picture of him after working out for some time and his muscles seem to be developing. The final picture blew me away; all I could see were his intense guns and visible six pack abs!

I always thought Rain was one of those ridiculously muscular guys but this just shows how hard he worked for his movie.

His strong will has definitely got him far in his career. Who's excited for Ninja Assassin?

Source:allkpop

- - - - - - - - -

Of course, all of us are excited for this movie, as the opening date of its showing is nearing, I have mixed emotions as to how it will fare at the box office, but I have high hopes and have my fingers crossed that this will be a great film and make Rain really BIG!

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this. I love both - the before & the after. Though, the 6-pack abs wasn't really visible before the NA filming still the sexiness & the hotness are always there! That HOT bod will always there in RAIN! Actually, I don't really dig so much muscles in him - :P:lol:

091107 Mnet JP_Rainy Day 50 _Nature Republic

1/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpV2CkCyf5M

2/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1SDKpjnylo

YT From : biblueberry03

Hi jini, thanks for sharing this video clip. I love the Part 2 - He always tries to exercise however & wherever he finds time - That back view of his - I always love looking at it, it's a TOTAL ART for me! I'm sure filming that ad gave him so much "chills" - he was always naked on top with that NR CF. :lol::mellow:

Honestly, when looking at the 3 different pics of Rain and his body, I definitely prefer the 1st one.

That club member card for the Japanese clouds looks really nice.

Hi bbly, we always have the same taste - I love the 1st photo more, too. :P:lol:

Lastly something from NA premiere :P

Rain 091107 Ninja Assassin_VIP Premiere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUXEvRxXgE&feature=sub

cr: maruborarain1@youtube

Kicia, thanks for sharing another video clip of the premier. I'm curious of what the stars said in the video especially CTH & KSS. So happy to see his co-FullHouse stars were there to support him. Gosh, KSS will always be an eye-candy for me! He's sexy & HOT, too! Wondering why no clip for KSA, ISJ & Hyori? :P:lol:

2009/11/07

(Movie Review)

SEOUL, Nov. 7 (Yonhap) -- If you are to enjoy "Ninja Assassin," you must either be a fan of the Wachowski brothers or a martial arts movie lover. Being a fan of South Korean heartthrob Rain won't do.

"Ninja Assassin," a Hollywood-produced Asian martial arts movie, has drawn high expectations from local movie fans since the news broke that the South Korean pop sensation and rising actor would play the lead character.

http://img.yonhapnews.co.kr/Basic/Article/...08_bodyfile.jpg

Produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski brothers, and directed by James McTeigue of "V for Vendetta (2005)," rumors said the film was shaping up as one of the largest Hollywood blockbuster smashes of the year.

The final product, however, falls far short of anticipation, especially for fans of Rain, who have seen the actor in some of his best performances in local films and TV dramas.

The movie features Raizo (Rain), one of the deadliest assassins in the world, who was taken from the streets as a child and transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. Haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free and vanishes, preparing to exact his revenge.

In Berlin, Europol agent Mika Coretti (Naomie Harris) stumbles upon a money trail linking several political murders to an underground network of untraceable assassins from the Far East.

Defying the orders of her superiors, Mika digs into top secret agency files to learn the truth behind the murders. Her investigation makes her a target, and the Ozunu Clan sends a team of killers led by the lethal Takeshi (Rick Yune).

Saving Mika from her attackers, Raizo emerges from hiding and slowly makes his way toward the elusive camp of the Ozunu Clan.

Inspired by the ninja scenes featured in the Wachowskis' 2008 film "Speed Racer," in which the actor Rain had impressed the producers with his portrayal as a fighter, filming of the movie began in Berlin, Germany at the end of April 2008.

"The day Rain did his first scene in 'Speed Racer,' the Wachowski brothers called me and said 'This guy is unbelievable. He's a natural, our dream come true.' We began to plan 'Ninja Assassin' immediately afterward," producer Joel Silver said in an earlier interview.

Rain's six months of intense training to play the role of the deadly assassin is apparent. Rain flies about the screens wielding katanas and chained-daggers, creating breathtaking action scenes that take up most of the film's 98-minute running time.

What is missing, however, is a comprehensible plot to back the flashy action scenes and the lead actor's charisma to keep the audience amused.

Rain's expressionless face and emotionless voice seem strange to viewers used to his wide range of acting skills.

Rain, 27, is also widely known by his real name, Jung Ji-hoon, in South Korea, which he revealed with his 2003 acting debut to show people he takes acting as seriously as singing. Rain is Jung's stage name as a singer.

Rain's first film, "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK," directed by Park Chan-wook, garnered him the Alfred Bauer Prize at the Berlin Film Festival in 2007, proving the young star's versatile potential.

Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, "Ninja Assassin" will hit South Korean theaters Nov. 26, a day after its United States and Canada release.

Credits : Shin Hae-in (hayney@yna.co.kr)

Source : Yonhap News

Hi deka, thanks for sharing this article here. I'm sure all his fans all over the world will still watch this movie despite the fact of whatever it's lacking here. :P:mellow:

By the writing of this reviewer, I guess she is a lady... I haven't seen the movie yet, but I couldn't agree with some stuff that she wrote ...M'ame, this movie is an action one...most of the hardcore action movies dont have a good plot... and he is a ninja who 's killing people....what did you expect from him???...you wanted him to be a cute or adorable ninja or something???

tyty, I agree with you here - NA is a full-packed action movie, we see RAIN full of blood all over - people won't expect him to be so gorgeous-looking & to look "cute" in the film- <_<:mellow:

Guest angelordevil

I almost agree with Kicia and tyty6_7.

in NA, it's almost different from previous drama and movie.

Rain wasn’t there. Neither the charismatic Rain on stage, nor the Rain with killer smiles in dramas such as ‘Full house’, was there. There was only the gifted yet sad ninja who must carry on the legend of its organization, Ozunu.

Rain alway wants to change style,role. He wants to a challenge.

So if watch NA, maybe some people need to prepare that can't hear Rain's voice too much or his skill acting cute or charming. Just a skiller NA with wild eyes and show a lot of material art skill.

and can see first half nacked like SNSD girls want to see ( :ph34r:

maybe through NA, Rain will have a lot of boys fan kaka

By the way today the first press conf will be held in Seoul at 11AM, hope will have a lot of pics and video.

@who has ask why SHK not show appear in Rain's event recently: (sorry I don't remember your name, it's previous page, so lazy to re open it).

I think neirther Rain's fans nor SHK's fans can answear you except Rain or SHK.

just a fan so how can we know their private life.???

User ratings for

Ninja Assassin (2009)

register to vote

241 IMDb users have given a weighted average vote of 8.1 / 10

Demographic breakdowns are shown below.

Votes Percentage Rating

149 61.8% 10

23 9.5% 9

15 6.2% 8

9 3.7% 7

10 4.1% 6

7 2.9% 5

4 1.7% 4

2 0.8% 3

5 2.1% 2

17 7.1% 1

Arithmetic mean = 8.4. Median = 10

This page is updated daily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See user ratings report for:

Votes Average

Males 194 8.1

Females 33 8.7

Aged under 18 10 10.0

Males under 18 8 10.0

Females under 18 2 10.0

Aged 18-29 169 8.5

Males Aged 18-29 143 8.5

Females Aged 18-29 25 9.2

Aged 30-44 45 7.5

Males Aged 30-44 38 7.5

Females Aged 30-44 6 6.6

Aged 45+ 4 2.1

Males Aged 45+ 4 2.1

Top 1000 voters 8 7.2

US users 90 6.6

Non-US users 135 9.5

IMDb users 241 8.1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1186367/ratings

Nature Repbulic pics

AR0.4159820_1_1.jpg

I don't like this pics

PS0.4159821_1_1.jpg

Here`s a brief translation:

Actor ‘Cha Tae-Hyun’ :

I’ll enjoy this movie.

Naturally, it should be well made movie.

Rain undoubtedly went through all kinds of hardships during the shoot.

He is a marvelous actor.

Hope him to be sure to succeed even in America.

‘Actress ‘Han Eun-Jeong’ :

I’ve come to congratulate on the reveal of Rain’s hollywood leading role Ninja Assassin.

I’m looking forward to seeing the movie.

‘Actor ‘Kim Seong-Soo’

Rain did wonders in his role as the protagonist in this action-packed martial arts movie.

Girl group ‘Girl Generation’ :

I’m looking forward to his half-naked body, but first of all, expectations are high for the outcome of his efforts.

Brief translation by rain bird

Kicia, thanks for sharing the translations of what the stars said. So funny of what the Girl Group said - they're looking forward to the naked-body of RAIN - hehehe - they're really girls - :P:lol: