Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

Guest ti_na

Everyone asks me if i'm half or part white. They always say that i look mix.

So today two people ask me and they guess

Chinese, Japanese, and White.

Vietnamese and White

So here is the list i've gotten

- Chinese

- Hispanic

- Caucasian/French

- Japanese

- Vietnamese

- Korean

- Cambodian

I'm Viet and TeoChau (chinese)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aravis

I'm Filipino. People mistake me for Chinese or Japanese because of my light skin and face.

Filipinos actually have diverse appearances. Some are very white, some are very dark. Some look like East Asians, others more Malay. But people aren't very aware of this. -_-

Guest shim shim hae

i'm korean and my eyes are mad SMALLLLLLL so yeah =)

and i'm pale as a ghost, like the typical korean.

In the US (since it's a melting pot), yes people had guessed my ethnicity (im filipino) differently from my own..and when they guess it wrong, they would tell me i don't look filipino because of the certain sterotypes they already have in mind..

but if i just go back in the philippines, i just look like the average jane and rarely people would think that i had a different ethnicity..

Guest janetO

I can either look vietnamese (which i am), chinese, japanese or korean

to viet people i look japanese, korean or chinese.. most the time japanese or korean though but to others i either look chinese or chinese/viet.. never just viet

Guest animoox

I think most people who sees someone Asian will venture the normal guess of Chinese, Japanese and Korean because they're the most common ones (considering their combined population against the other Far East countries)

I doubt most of us (ie Asians) would be able to tell the difference between each ethnicity either =]

I'm Chinese...I haven't really had people mistaken me for being anything otherwise. They normally just say "Where are you from?"

Guest soominie

I'm Korean, but some of my relatives and other adults told me I looked mixed (Korean and.. Caucasian). :|

Guest yamaki_LOVE

I'm Cambodian

And people mistake me as viet or chinese 'cause really I do look like that <_< I'm flatter 'cause they're pretty but I'm not flattered when those people who assume I'm viet/chinese starts talking like I understand and makes fun of me ><! And only one time my friend thought I was korean ^_^ hehe but that was it :( lol

Guest *karina*

I'm white British and I think I look right for my ethnicity, but when I go on holidays I'm always getting mistaken for being spanish, maltese, portugese etc. so I don't know.

Guest mr. lovely

i'm chinese but people say i look white/asian mixed, filipino, thai, african-mixed, cambodian, etc etc etc.

i have no idea.

Guest BlackCrystalRose

They think I look either Japanese, Korean or Chinese. Usually Korean though... And I'm actually Vietnamese ._.

Guest NJSK.

Pretty much anyone can tell I'm Korean; although I have gotten Japanese quite often, and Chinese once. I don't think I look Chinese at all :mellow:

Even today, some woman told me that I don't look Korean. I always thought it was obvious; guess not.

muchlove!

-jisoo

Guest kiut_me

my ethnicity get mistaken all the time lol

some people say i look chinese, korean and that's fine because i'm an oriental asian

but some people say i look mixed/indian/arabic/middle eastern and that always gets me whoa o.O but i never get offended... i'm one of those people that get flattered to have their ethnicity mistaken rofl xD

besides, not everyone can differentiate ethnicities~

Archived