☆ 2 P M ★ Official Thread ☆

Guest touchtheskies.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lec8504

Yes exactly! someone mentioned that there should be more positive comments and lesser negativity and criticisms towards the boys' performance. But i would beg to differ... unless the criticisms offered are baseless and done out of sheer anti-fans mode, otherwise i think this is one of the ways we 2PM fans can help by providing them our most truthful and honest opinions. Although honesty can be painful to bear, but Spare the rod and spoil the child, we wouldn't want this to happen.

We should all be aware of the flaws in our idols, I'm not saying that we should ignore all of their flaws and paint them as perfect. HOWEVER, nitpicking and pointing out all of the flaws, what are we doing? We're basically doing something that an anti would do...and I notice that this has happened a lot more since Jay has left. If you go back to this thread in the earlier A&A days, it's filled with A LOT more positivity than now. Also, for us to criticize them, are we really helping them? Are we their managers/vocal trainers/etc? I'm sure their managers/vocal trainers/JYP know where their weakness is, and hopefully they are training them right now to improve their abilities. It's great that we acknowledge their faults but in a thread about them, all I'm hearing are criticism, I think that's why a lot of 2PM fans (and anti-boycott Hottest) don't post in here that much anymore. And yes other idol threads are vastly different than our 2PM thread.

Netizens are already criticizing our boys, do we need to add insult to injury and have their Hottest criticize them too?

A lot of the posts about "constructive" criticism are kind of funny...in a way its just "oh Nichkhun can't sing, Taec isn't that great of a rapper, Junsu can't dance" and that's supposed to be constructive. Unless my english has gotten that bad, but I thought constructive was when you are supposed to show how they can do better after pointing out their flaws.

Anyways, I'm sure you guys know what you are doing, so continue on, hopefully there will be more good news to read in here and more positivity.

Guest baosters

Am I the only one that loves the Tired of Waiting promotions? Lol, I mean I've seen a couple (...lots...-_-) of comments about how some people don't like it. I mean they do have to improve on some things but they've just started.

Eh...Anyways, anyone else still thinking it's Jaebummie singing in Tired of Waiting? Or am I just crazy?

eh? i love it too actually! but poor boys had been looking all tired from performing for gayos and all that. we'll just hope they get a lot of good rest after this and :( at criticisms but i'm happy that wooyoung and junho are improving a lot.

haha. i'd like to still think jaebum's in Tired Of Waiting. sounds like him, no? or maybe they just sound too much alike with all that autotune. ehehe, TOW is still a good song anyways (Y)

We should all be aware of the flaws in our idols, I'm not saying that we should ignore all of their flaws and paint them as perfect. HOWEVER, nitpicking and pointing out all of the flaws, what are we doing? We're basically doing something that an anti would do...and I notice that this has happened a lot more since Jay has left. If you go back to this thread in the earlier A&A days, it's filled with A LOT more positivity than now. Also, for us to criticize them, are we really helping them? Are we their managers/vocal trainers/etc? I'm sure their managers/vocal trainers/JYP know where their weakness is, and hopefully they are training them right now to improve their abilities. It's great that we acknowledge their faults but in a thread about them, all I'm hearing are criticism, I think that's why a lot of 2PM fans (and anti-boycott Hottest) don't post in here that much anymore. And yes other idol threads are vastly different than our 2PM thread.

Netizens are already criticizing our boys, do we need to add insult to injury and have their Hottest criticize them too?

A lot of the posts about "constructive" criticism are kind of funny...in a way its just "oh Nichkhun can't sing, Taec isn't that great of a rapper, Junsu can't dance" and that's supposed to be constructive. Unless my english has gotten that bad, but I thought constructive was when you are supposed to show how they can do better after pointing out their flaws.

Anyways, I'm sure you guys know what you are doing, so continue on, hopefully there will be more good news to read in here and more positivity.

Fans are the greatest audience, customer, observers for 2PM and have every right to give feedback on their performances...both positive and negative and they are both given because fans care. It's similar as work and parenting...if a mother, boss at work or a customer praises a child, or employee despite of obvious flaws that need to be improved, the person will never improve and will become spoiled. Even trainers and such will become lazy to make a better effort in improving 2pms qualities if everyone seemed to be completely satisfied with what they are watching or hearing.

If you do not point out their flaws, I don't see you as their true fan and is probably anoher mindless fangirl that will move onto another boy group without giving much thought, because you never really cared in the first place. Or you are just a young girl who do not realise the importance of criticism and how much POSITIVITY it may actually bring.

Guest qweqwe

Wow.. if my post sounded like i am belittling them, do let me assure you that i am definitely not.. but i am not going to further explain myself anymore about this whole criticism thing.. in any case, i think i better keep any criticisms to myself and not voice them out any further here..

Edit: and one thing, i personally feel that many of the things written by fellow fans here are mature discussions.. This thread had matured a lot, esp in the past few months. Many of us with differing views and opinions gather here to share our thoughts & feelings.. There is definitely much more good things here beyond fangirling.. this is a good sign..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1dnoE7ON4...;feature=relate

what is wooyoung shouted at the end .he said" jaebeom... " can someone help please?

and he also said " i need you " after Taec said "this is for Park jae beom"

I think it's Junho that said "Jaebeom, thank you" at the end. This was cut from the broadcast unfortunately.

I love Tired of Waiting. They are improving through each performance. I don't get why people don't like it but to each his own I guess.

But I have to say that the choice of this song as a second single is very stupid on JYPE's part. Why? This song already received much popularity, even reaching no.1 on various music charts, beating Park Bom's "You and I" which was the online music sensation in November. How much more popular can it get now, 2 months after it has been released? People already downloaded the song so I don't think it will reach number one on music shows. It does not help that they will not promote this song for a long time.

And I doubt that they will make a serious MV for this song, knowing how JYPE NEVER properly promoted the second single of an album. Examples? Each album Wonder Girls put out, there is exactly ONE song that JYPE will put efforts into making a good MV and promoting. Other songs were never promoted heavily on broadcast shows. Judging from JYPE's statements on this song, I think they are just half-assed promoting the single.

And I would like to politely send this message to JYPE staff: WE NEED 2PM BACK ON VARIETY SHOWS AND RADIO SHOWS RIGHT NOW. IT'S BEEN 4 MONTHS SINCE JAY SCANDAL AND EVERYBODY FORGOT ABOUT IT ALREADY SO WHY ARE YOU STILL INSISTING ON KEEPING THE BOYS FROM DOING THEIR HILARIOUS ANTICS?

Guest fattie8701

To be honest, I think the recent surge of popularity the boys are getting is making some people mad, and sometimes when that happens people come out criticizing everything they do. Now mind you, i am not saying criticism is bad, but when its not constructive, its just an anti comment. Agreed the boys need to improve, but because JYPe has been too busy OVER exposing them, when the heck do they have time to sit down and practice on their vocals. I see some comments here stating that 2pm has never been strong vocally and Taec isnt that great of a rapper. There is truth to this but at the same time, i see comparisons like in Korea he is not the strongest or average. How can anyone say this? If we are talking about rap very few people in Korea can hold that title, and 99.9% of them are underground. Every group varies on 'rapping' abilities, every group has its charm. Taec has established his already. As for singing, there are 3 out 7 people who cannot sing as well as the others, but people are overlooking the fact that (i wont mention names), there are so many groups out there who have the majority of the members not able to sing and barely 2 or 3 members able to dance! These boys work hard, as do alot of other groups but the priority they have been given now is not allowing for their growths. Rather than compare them (either explicitly or implicitly), encourage them to find their own style and strengths. Example: The song Last christmas, Junho shocked me.. there was a note he hit, i had to replay it so many times cuz it was beautiful!, but i have never heard him sing like that in any of their korean songs. Do not forget the genre one sings also affects how much of their vocal talents are revealed.

As for the criticisms on korean boards, its not just there, i been on soompi elsewhere and there were discussions about how unfair the popularity 2pm has been getting and they thought it was supposed to be their artists year to be big or some nonsense like that. And because we hottests try to be honest and nice we start looking at our own boys too harshly. It should not be like that, learn to seperate what warrants criticism and what doesnt. The boys are still young in the game! One year is nothing, remember their popularity sky rocketed in one year faster than any kpop group thanks to the jay incident. They were required to ‘grow’ up faster than they should have.

One more thing: to comments that say NichKhun is the weakest or Chansung is the weakest, I beg of you to stop comparing the boys because they are different people with different strengths. They are all trying, ALL of them, to start pointing out weakest links is to undermine their efforts and start a whose better whose not debacle. They are all not perfect, they all need to improve in one aspect or the other, and they are improving but things like this do NOT happen overnight.

Sorry for the rant, i just needed to let that out 

Guest silence457

The situation in this thread is getting ridiculous again.

"Constructive criticism" is a stupid excuse for all the over-the-top criticism I saw in this thread. You mean JYPE will actually know that fans over at soompi 2PM's thread are not satisfied with 2PM's performance and JYPE will make the boys work harder to deliver? DREAM ON. The only thing these criticism accomplished is providing more reasons for all the antis, haters and non-fans out there to attack 2PM. Somebody said that at the Korean sites netizens are criticizing 2PM. Trust me, those are all haters and antis. I guess criticizing 2PM will fuel your pride as fans who do not value shallow things. WAKE UP! If you do not value shallow things you do NOT listen to idol groups. Tell me one idol group out there who has no member who fails at singing or dancing. Even DBSK, the idol group credited with the most talents, has a member who cannot sing and a member who cannot dance, no offence. Tell me one idol group who does not have one fail performance in their career, not to mention within one year of their debut. I'm sorry all of you who criticize 2PM just came off as either a (subconcious??) hater or some kind of high-horse who obviously should stay away from Kpop with that musical standard of yours.

Who demanded that the boys take off their shirts? Who complained when the boys took off their shirts? 2PM did not even overdo it. They stripped exactly ONCE in all their performances at the gayo daejun shows. And here all you fans coming after them like they made some kind of huge mistake.

As for the Jay issue: I concluded that 2PM fans are the most pretentious people I've seen in Kpop. You compare time and time again that things could have been better if Jay was in there. I just want to compare this situation with SuJu. SuJu has experienced the absence of many more members, but their fans have always been supportive and patiently waiting for the absent members while consistently cheering on the members who performed. Their thread is filled with LOVE for both the absent members and the remaining members. This thread is filled with criticism that does not necessarily stem from LOVE but rather from the pretentious pride of some fans who think their idols 2PM are some kind of perfect beings and should deliver better performances like no others. ONE WORD: RIDICULOUS. and again, all the whinings about "they strip too much blah blah blah I don't want to be shallow I just want to listen to perfect vocals and watch perfect choreography blah blah blah" right, go to SNSD's thread and look with your own eyes how the fans criticize their idols without being whiny. SNSD performed the cutesy Gee antics a thousand times but did you see any of their fans complained because they overdid the cute concept?

While you are all busy finding bad things to talk about 2PM's performances, the other threads are busying themselves talking about how awesome their idols managed to be even in messy shows like KBS Gayo Daejun. See: you only see the negative things about 2PM and you try to emphasize those things, while fans of other groups admit the negative but always emphasize the positive things. And all the crap about 2PM not being able to sing has always been their reputation sounds seriously like what an anti would say.

I want to remind you all that Junsu is not the only one who can sing in 2PM. Junho can outsing a lot of people in Kpop. You're obviously not enough of a fan if you don't know the talents of 2PM members. I recommend you go and watch every single 2PM's performance, behind-the-scene, undisclosed video since the HotBlood days. You'll be surprised how talented they are.

Lastly, I suggest we should have two separate threads for 2PM: 6-member 2PM and 7-member 2PM. Things would be easier that way since Jay does not come back.

Guest CornPOPSat2PM

hahahah seriously... Don't you think it's a little too much when people expect all the members to be on the same level? There's a reason why they are in a group... so that each member's individual skills/talents make the group strong.

If even they fans are criticizing 2PM like this... we can't protect them when REAL antis criticize 2PM...

I agree with posts above. There isn't a group where all the members are good at everything. Some members will always be lacking in SOMETHING compared to others. Also, it's not constructive criticism if you just say this person doesn't sing good blah blah or this person can't dance blah blah... those are more like insults...... I honestly don't understand why SOME (yes,... not all) 2PM fans are being so picky... I mean...... I hear MOST bad comments coming from the FANS themselves... and haven't heard much from the antis........

Guest avchuck

OMG! 2PM's OFFICIAL THREAD JUST WENT CRAZY!!! @_@

EVERYONE HATES EACH OTHER!!!

Jaebum! Come back, everyone's going crazy!!!

(Is this how various threads typically are?!)

OMG! 2PM's OFFICIAL THREAD JUST WENT CRAZY!!! @_@

EVERYONE HATES EACH OTHER!!!

Jaebum! Come back, everyone's going crazy!!!

(Is this how various threads typically are?!)

hey it's true that the thread has been heated with debates but please don't sensationalize everything because the mod will be after us again.

Like I said before, expressing opinions is ok but please be considerate and appreciate the efforts of the boys. Maybe someone can put up some gifs to cheer up the mood of this thread..?

I do it then

Wooyoung is publicly expressing his love for Chansung

2ywg1v6.jpg

POOR KHUN OUR THAI PRINCE

2ynp2mg.jpg

@avchuck:

V

V

Sorry didn't get your joke :) but what you said seriously sounds like what Jay would say in these kind of situations lol. and your avatar is Jay!!! is that you Jay? Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :))

Guest avchuck

hey it's true that the thread has been heated with debates but please don't sensationalize everything because the mod will be after us again.

Like I said before, expressing opinions is ok but please be considerate and appreciate the efforts of the boys. Maybe someone can put up some gifs to cheer up the mood of this thread..?

I do it then

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ywg1v6.jpg

My bad, but I thought that would make everyone laugh. Bad joke? :blush: :rolleyes::D

---

edit:

No offense taken. ^^v And sorry, I'm not Jay. I love him to bits, though! (Yezzir, that IS Jay Baby as ma avatar.) And thanks for the compliment on how I sound like Jay just then! You got me beamin' like a five-year-old in a candy shop :lol: kekeke

Guest Labacookie

I am SO freaking confused right now, I don't even know what to make of this thread. Some points were made that I agree with, but a lot of what's being said makes no sense to me. Criticism is bad. Criticism is good. It's wrong to compare members. Let's compare members. 2PM has strengths that other groups don't. For the sake of better standings, it would be better to improve weaknesses.

WHAT?! :huh:

Honestly, I think it's ridiculous to assume that 2PM fans are the hardest on their artists, or are being too hard, or not hard enough, etc. Every individual fan has his or her own standards. Some fans are content, some fans want them to do better and improve. That doesn't make one fan less or worse than the other, it just means different strokes for different folks. People who are critical are going to be critical. It doesn't make them in league with the "antis", and it doesn't make them bad fans. Remember, there's a clear difference between the criticisms of a non-fan and a fan, and that is that the latter points these things out because they care, because they want the boys to do better and be better.

Now, some people have been making comments that cannot be considered criticism. Statements about whether or not the boys need Jay, whether or not they'd be better with Jay, the putting down of the other six because of Jay's absence, and so on. I wouldn't count that stuff as criticism. A lot of it is speculation. Some of the comments are just plain disrespectful. You shouldn't have to put down the remaining members because you are unhappy about Jay's absence. I understand people grieve in different ways, but this just continues to get under my skin. Partially because it's both counter-productive and it's hurtful to other fans, and probably hurtful to the remaining members. I doubt they're naive about some of these sentiments.

And I'm concerned, because this entire situation has kind of torn the fandom up, and in such a way that if Jay were to return, I doubt things would be entirely resolved and everything forgotten. There's a lot of bad blood that has been brewing. And God forbid he never return, because at this rate, I'm agreeing that we may need another thread. :(

Edit:

Oh, and to add, I for one feel there is ALWAYS room for improvement. Yes, even if each person in a group has different strengths and different talents when compared to other members. You don't improve so everyone can be the same; you improve so you can be your best, and be able to contribute more to the overall improvement of the group. I do not expect Nichkhun to out-sing Junsu, but I'd applaud him if he stuck with it and practiced and got vocal training to the point where he could. A person should always do their best, and if their "best" can only come via working and training to get better, how is that wrong? How is encouraging that wrong?

Guest donnie_d

criticize them all you want....its as if their gonna read it!!!!!! HA HA HA....

2PM is always doing their best in every performance and we should all appreciate it.....

can you perform like 2PM does?,,,, i bet you cant!!!!

I LOVE THEM and every performance they do.....with or without jay......(Jay comeback!!!)

I just dont care about what haters says!!!!!

Guest rawrritsgracex3

EDIT: I want to know how ppl can view 2PM's Cyworld >"< they even can screen cap their pages which I really want to see it my self. I tried several time with their minihmpy link but all I got is a page like this:

76149203.jpg

I dont know any Korean at all so can anyone answer me???

I don't see any images of your problem, but does a almost blank page show up with a little girl and boy in the middle saying Korean? I think your computer blocked the pop up, so try unblocking that, and a smaller window should open. Hope I helped.

@Labacookie ME TOO.

First I read all those criticism-like comments [Comments on where the boys should improve, but not exactly negative.] and agreed here and there. But some of the comments are going a little far.

Yes, the boys have areas where they could improve. Doesn't everybody? They have improved since their debut and I'm sure they will improve more as time passes. As fans we should all support them no matter what. :\

Also, I don't get how this has much to do with Jay and his return..

Guest kaling321

@ silence457

darling how did I know it was you without looking who the post was from hehe! But I guess fans are just looking out for the boys giving their suggestions so that the boys don't loose out on anybody and more people specially the new ones will see how incredible they are as much as we do. Those life/ career coaches always say " how you say it matters" an people who read the thread and the exchanges between each other may seem hostile but I think all of us just want 2pm on top!

I want to remind you all that Junsu is not the only one who can sing in 2PM. Junho can outsing a lot of people in Kpop. You're obviously not enough of a fan if you don't know the talents of 2PM members. I recommend you go and watch every single 2PM's performance, behind-the-scene, undisclosed video since the HotBlood days. You'll be surprised how talented they are.

Sorry to cut your post, but I do agree with what you said here. I don't think people realize Junho's vocal abilities, but if you watch many of the live performances you can see how well the guy can sing. I did read your whole post and many of the things you say have been what I thought concerning the Jay issue. There are certain people I noticed that I wouldn't say 'dislike' 2PM exactly, but something of the sort because Jay isn't there. Even if Jay isn't around anymore, 2PM has been doing very well and it's without saying that it would be nice if Jay was back but they have to move on. But people should be able to give their criticism because like someone said there is always room for improvement. If it's things like "If it would be better if Jay was in the performance." or something of the like, then it can't even be considered criticism. As performers, I'm sure it's not only the fans that want to see them improve but they want to improve themselves too.

Oh and I watched the Tired of Waiting performance on Music Core. I thought it was a big improvement from the one on SBS Gaeyo and I love hearing the live performance of it since the song was pretty autotuned.

Archived