☆ 2 P M ★ Official Thread ☆

Guest touchtheskies.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all ,i was in hurry when I posted this message ,so I didn't take the time to check my message and to corrige my mistakes sorry >_<

I don't know a lot about American culture (but I don't think that our culture is so different) , so i will simply give my point of view as a swiss person. Yes ,it's shameful .This is not shameful to be a 2PM member but a member of a Boysband. I never describe 2PM like a boysband because it's almost an affront . We have not the same definition of Boysband In Korea (some of they are talented) and in Occident (just a bunch of beautiful men who look like homosexual and who don't know how to sing or to dance) . But in fact ,i've introduced 2PM at 3 curious person (because I always wrote ''2PM'' in the blackboard XD) and none of them make fun of them about the fact that they are a Boysband ...So I don't know,but I still not very okay with that...I just don't want to learn one day that he is bullied by some others ''hip hop guys'',that's all.

I totally understand what you mean, I live in France and what people think about boysbands is the same. When I said to my friends who were curious about 2PM that they are kind of a boysband, they were like "Uuuh... okay... I see... >___>" hehe. It's because of the groups labelled as "boysbands" we had here (2b3 for example...), people tend to think they're all the same, pretty boys with no brain singing childish/idiotic funky songs and dancing like if they were suffering from hypothermia... It was popular in the 90s but now when you say boysband it sounds like you're "has been", you know...

Anyway, you cannot please everyone in this world so let them think whatever they want, there's no reason to be ashamed of being boysband's fan =) (especially when you're a 2PM fan hehe! :P)

EDIT: I love the drawing! I take my hat off to the one who made it^^

Guest karatefeelings

Relating to the boyband issue,

Well, yeah, boybands are definitely not the coolest thing to be a part of but if you've noticed, dance crews on the other hand are like the IN thing nowadays. Teens go crazy over that mini cooper. One prime example is Quest crew, winners of ABDC s3 (is it?) who's really receiving tons of love. In my eyes, the love they're getting is not far off from what boybands get and other than the fact that they don't sing, they're pretty much almost a boyband? I bet teenage girls make up a significant portion of their fanbase as well. And Quest crew is not only getting all the love solely from their dancing skills but also because of their personalities and their group dynamics which is also how 2PM get most of their love. If marketed really well (2PM the performance group from Korea rather than a kpop boyband), and the boys continue to hone their performance skills, their English and continue being the funny honest boys that they are, I don't see why they can't achieve the type of success some dance crews are getting. Dancing is becoming a huge phenomenon and I felt like JYP created 2PM and made Jay leader so that they can ride on this phenomenon. Plus, 2PM's hot. And if getting on Ellen's show gives the boys the opportunity to showcase their personalities and performances, I'd say why not. They just need to give the right impression to the American public.

Anyway, I'm not American and am not exactly all that knowledgeable with the dance community so, uh feel free to correct me with anything. I just think that if 2PM can shake of the boyband label they have on themselves, they can be pretty cool too.

Guest heretoc

Who do you think sleep the most?

Chan Sung

Who do you think is the messiest member?

Taec and Junsu

Who do you think is the neat freak?

Jay

Who do you think is the easy crier?

WooYoung it seems.

Who do you think is most social?

Taec and WooYoung

Who do you think is the most perverted?

Jay

The most patient member?

Khun

The most generous member?

Khun

Who do you think is most accommodating?

Taec

Who do you think is most likely to go out for a blind date?

WooYoung, Junsu and Taec

Who do you think is the biggest romantic at heart?

Junsu and Woo Young

Who is most adventurous?

Jay, Chan Sung and Junho

Which member do you think would keep his romantic relationship a secret for the longest time?

Khun, Taec and Junsu

Which member do you think has the scariest temper?

Jun bros?

Which member likely to get marry first?

*can't tell really*

Which member have the most female celebrity phone# on their cell?

Taec

Who is likely to have a full piggy bank?

Junho and chan sung

Who do you think spends the maximum time in front of the mirror and I mean when not getting ready for tv?

Junsu, Junho

Who do you think goes shopping the most?

Junsu

Who do you think gets bullied the most by the other members?

WooYoung

Who do you think is the most flirty?

Jay and Chan Sung

Who do you think changes his phone most often?

Junsu? (the IT-savvy guy haha)

Who do you think is most likely to date a non-celebrity?

Khun/WY/Junho/Junsu

Who do you think is the most likely to date a celebrity?

Taec/Chan Sung/Jay

ATTENTION ALL HOTTESTS!!!!!

The Ellen Degeneres Show, the second Biggest Daytime Talk Show in the U.S. Next to Oprah just Started taking requests and suggestions for International Music Features!! PLEASE Go the Link and Write About 2PM!!! Remember to mention they are a 7member band from South Korea. Talk them up Hottests!!! It will only take Alittle bit of Your time, so Please Do it!!! Try to Post YouTube Links to their MV and performances. OTHER FANDOMS ARE ALREADY ON IT SO HURRY!!!!!

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/25oFBJ/ellen...ns_0121.php/r:t

*Just Enter Your Screename & Email to Leave a Comment, it won't Show up Immediately cuz of Approval but It will Eventually be posted very soon so Don't Worry!

PLEASE QUOTE THIS AND BUMP IT TO THE NEXT PAGE!

I entered 2PM in for the ellen show. I tried explaining the myspace scandal but I had to shorten my entry to 1500 chars. :( I also included links to fanmade youtube videos of HOTTEST supporting our leader Jay ;D I hope my words were pursausive but if we get more people to write entries for our boys I'm sure they'll make it on the show. So please guys, show your support!! PLEASE!! I cannot stress this enough. :) Thank you.

2PM FIGHTING! JAEBEOM FIGHTING! HOTTEST FIGHTING! ELLEN FIGHTING! LOL

Guest Rachael08

OKAY HOTTEST

ITs time to get serious now

Cassies are goin crazy on Ellen's website

Hottest show some love for the Boys!!!

Even a couple of lines help :)

Guest xxxxxxx

Lets not try to compete with others. We don't need fighting fan groups but uhh, it would be nice to show 2pm to just ellen

I'll be honest I don't think America is open minded enough to see asian bands yet. Some people throw in some racial jokes and say that blah blah is copying this american artist. Its nice if korean groups and bands gets more publicity but ehh, I don't want them to looked down upon. Right now, I don't think 2pm's music should be featured on Ellen's because of what's going on right now. Things need to quiet down....

I disagree about waiting for things to "quiet down." What is there to wait for? What is there to be ashamed of or worried about?

I think that the issues that 2PM, Korea, and 2PM fans have faced since last September are incredibly relevant, far more relevant than just being a hot Asian boy band. What happened to all of us is a reflection on the world as it is today - viral thanks to the internet, ever-shrinking, and the scene of ever more cultural clashes as cultures move in closer contact.

It is a cautionary tale about the lack of privacy on the internet, about cyber-bullying, about internet mob rule.

It is a tragedy about how a few foolish comments can mushroom into a furor that's career-destroying.

I am old enough to be the mom of everyone in 2pm, but I follow their news closely, I care about what happens to them, and I tell everyone who is even slightly interested their story. I do this not to be a kpop bore (ahjumma version!) but because their issues are, ultimately, everyone's issues.

Please, even if Jay comes back and everything is once again rainbows and unicorns, please, let's learn from this.

Guest theblazenazn

I Just Wanna Ask? Why is Hottest the Only Fanbase to Always be Divided? It's like that for Almost Every Single Issue Now..

Every other Fanclub is Supporting their Favorite Artist, Nothing is for Sure but You Never Know, It's Worth a Try & What If They Really get Invited?

It's a great Opportunity, what's the Harm in Supporting 2PM?

I live in America, I'm a Citizen here. Thinking Boybands are "not cool" is Living on a HIGH SCHOOL Mentality, Better yet MIDDLE SCHOOL. Nobody makes fun of boybands, nobody in the U.S. even cares, if you live in the U.S. when was was the last time you can honestly say boybands not being cool came up in a conversation?? The whole dance crew and hip hop & rap stars are the shizznit and everything else is lame was just started by little Middle & High School kids wanting to thug and gansta.

There are rock bands like the The Killers, the Hives, Green Day, Likin Park, who are technically "boybands" by definition but they're still very popular. It's not like 2PM perform songs like NSYNC or anything, did NSYNC or the Backstreet Boys ever perform songs like Heartbeat? No. None of the boybands in the past rapped either. 2PM is another category.

Why do some of you care so much being made fun of? Lady Gaga was made fun when she first debuted, people called her a weirdo Cuz she was Different. Look her now. Be a Trendsetter, not a Follower!

I'm in College and real mature people here Listen to all types of Music and are Open minded. When I go clubbing people dance to all genres as long as the song is Good. Nobody ever stops and gets out of the Dance floor cuz a song is by a "boyband" comes on....... That's just stupid. As matter of fact, I have Hispanic friends who love K-Pop and they like 2PM too, and they're men. It's not a shameful thing at all, if you think it is, that's so insecure...

BTW, They won't be Talking Much. It's NOT an Interview. They will just be performing with probably a short Intro if they get picked. There will be talking about the scandal involved!

But seriously, even if the Ellen thing works

out, the likelihood that JYPE will let them talk

about this incident on air is pretty much non-existant.

If they won't even mention it on Korean tv, it's unlikely they

will let them air out this issue in the US, especially cuz it makes JYPE

kinda look bad...

Guest fattie8701

I Just Wanna Ask? Why is Hottest the Only Fanbase to Always be Divided? It's like that for Almost Every Single Issue Now..

Every other Fanclub is Supporting their Favorite Artist, Nothing is for Sure but You Never Know, It's Worth a Try & What If They Really get Invited?

It's a great Opportunity, what's the Harm in Supporting 2PM?

I live in America, I'm a Citizen here. Thinking Boybands are "not cool" is Living on a HIGH SCHOOL Mentality, Better yet MIDDLE SCHOOL. Nobody makes fun of boybands, nobody in the U.S. even cares, if you live in the U.S. when was was the last time you can honestly say boybands not being cool came up in a conversation?? The whole dance crew and hip hop & rap stars are the shizznit and everything else is lame was just started by little Middle & High School kids wanting to thug and gansta.

There are rock bands like the The Killers, the Hives, Green Day, Likin Park, who are technically "boybands" by definition but they're still very popular. It's not like 2PM perform songs like NSYNC or anything, did NSYNC or the Backstreet Boys ever perform songs like Heartbeat? No. None of the boybands in the past rapped either. 2PM is another category.

Why do some of you care so much being made fun of? Lady Gaga was made fun when she first debuted, people called her a weirdo Cuz she was Different. Look her now. Be a Trendsetter, not a Follower!

1) Hottests are not divided because us not agreeing on the same things all the time shows that we are thinking individually and not just following blindly. When something is past our comfort point, we voice it, and that is much healthier! Hottests are not divided because at the end of the day we all agree that we are all here FOR 2PM! So just because we disagree on whether to vote on certain things does not mean we are divided. We pick and choose our battles.

2) The problem is not whether or not people will make fun of 2pm, the music is just not what Americans are into these days and although i sincerely wish to not say this, i guess it has to be said... look at the list you made 'The killers, Hives, Linkin Park...' like i said NOT the genre 2pm makes and do you honestly think american is ready for an asian boyband or band?

3) People come to soompi to read news, pictures, videos, share opinions and fangirls about a common interest. But it does not mean we all have to agree on the same thing, you writing what you did can and most likely will offend people because it is almost like your shoving an opinion down someones throat, personally i felt offended and started thinking that me not voting was the wrong thing to do. If i vote, its pushing me out of my comfort zone and we dont want that around here, its never healthy when you do things because other people are doing it and you have no understanding or liking for it. If people want to vote, let them vote and if others do not want to, then they shouldnt, there is no wrong in either.

Just Simply respect other peoples wishes - whether it falls in line with your belief or not!

Guest mika.16

lol why the arguing?

2pm would definitely be labelled as a 'boyband' overseas, and there is definitely a stigma attached to that word.

It'd be better if they were introduced as... i dunno a 'dance crew that sings'??? lol! it suits their image better too!

omg i would die if i saw wooyoung in real life, awww his yellow obsession is so cute.

(and yay 2oneday's hat!! when did they send it??)

Guest theblazenazn

I didn't mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I did but what I said was not that serious. I didn't push my views on anyone, I didn't say you must agree with me or else. I used the term college just to show my demograhic, I never use AGE itself in the point so it doesnt matter if they're 20,30, or 40. I don't know why it's best that don't perform just because they don't "follow the trend" and that's what I was saying. I never knew being in a "boyband" was so bad that 2PM must not try to appear in the U.S. at all. I think there's NOTHING shameful about it. Btw, it's NOT a Vote. It's a comment to support, it's your choice and I never told anyone they must do it.

Yes, there's a stigma with the word "boybands" to younger generation but there are stigmas to EVERYTHING because someone out there will not like it because it's not with their trend. Older generations hold a stigma to words like "hip-hop artists" because they don't get it but they still do their thing. People make fun of country music in the U.S. but country music artists don't stop just because it. I was just saying it's not that serious to hold them back from success that people don't even know could happen.

To boeboebi, Btw, you told me to respect other's people opinion. I never disrespected them, I never told anyone they're wrong. I just explain my side. In addition, you to me to "refrain" from anything like that. That's disrespecting my opinion and not express it anymore.

Guest tru3luv316

First of all, if 2PM were to be on the Ellen Degeneres Show, it does not mean that Ellen is trying to convince people to listen to 2PM. She is simply using this opportunity to expose to Americans all the great talents out there in the world. Who says anything about genre? And if you guys want to talk about genre, there are so many genres in the American music industry, everybody have their own style and obviously 2PM has theirs. Which group do you see in America flipping and actually DANCING on stage? We as 2PM fans cannot speak for the whole American music industries so why don't we let them be the judge? So what if there are people who do not like 2PM music? There are fans and then there are those who prefer to not listen, it's the circle of life! But again, my point is 2PM being on the Ellen Degeneres Show (If it is to happen) does not say anything about promoting their music in the US, the show is just showcasing talents from different countries.

However, I do agree that as fans, we are all entitled to our own opinion..this is what makes us great fans. I'm sure 2PM is appreciative of this aspect too. That is why sometimes, this forum gets heated which in my opinion is a great thing, it shows that we care a lot about these boys.

---

Edit: Ooo my first time topping off a page! Okay, here comes a mini Taecyeon overdose!

Here are some of my favorite shots of the sexy Taecyeon.

81167582.jpg

13817142.gif

42791307.gif

55330078.jpg

63946520.gif

28056360.gif

Haven't seen him this dorky in so long.

43174959.gif

He looks so mature in this picture. Can't wait for the full MV!

Guest haiphuong

Wow. Just one night and many comments came out about the Ellen's show :)

I thinks post our recommendation for 2PM to appear in Ellen's show is a kind of support. This is not a voting to choose which artist can be invited, the people who made the show will choose themselves. Although the site is flooded with Cassies' comments, I still smile and no need to worry that our boys might not be chosen because at least I tried my best to introduce them to Ellen. I think she (or anybody who's in charge of the show) will definitely read all the suggestions and I'm glad that they will see our boys' MVs. Who knows? :P The target of the show is introduce international music and I think it won't be a bad thing if the boys appear on the show. They are not going to debut in the US so we don't have to afraid that their music is not suitable for the American. :)

Guest anndriena

I think it's sad that these "rumors" keep coming true and people keep supporting JYP and giving him money after all he has done to rip these brothers apart. I hope buying this album brought people a lot of happiness because I'm sure as jay was watching his career slip away he was hoping SOMEBODY was happy.

Archived