☆ 2 P M ★ Official Thread ☆

Guest touchtheskies.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest runawayu

Is it only me who find the Heartbeat quite nice?

I mean it is not as bad as some of you make out to be.

I really like the songs in the album

and notice that there aren't so much repetition in each song (what is it call? bubblegum song? whatever.)

I am getting sick of kpop song being so repetitive. It is nice for a change (:

Guest 2BLovedSomeday

Listened to the full album of 1:59PM

It's finally out!!

When I saw the teaser, I definitely expected the title song of this album to be "Heartbeat".

And.. I was right!

But, in my opinion, it would be better if they did the title song as "I was Crazy About You"

I think it's more catchy.

Still, Heartbeat is really rhythmic to listen to.

Why The MV not Release yet?

Or they CB without MV??

Oh...I really wanna See The MV?

BTW I love the 2PM album...they have lovely Song on it...

I really like Back2U....Nice Melody..

Hwahahahah :D :D

2PM DaeBAk........Hwaiting!!!! :wub:

Oh..Please Stop Say About BoyCott On this Thread....The Warning Really make me scared....

I don't Want This Thread Close again...

Okay..

We are Hottest Right?

So please don't have fight on this thread......

We Have 2 Support 2PM....Always...

Guest BattleRoyale

Wow so the album is actually called 1:59PM? Really?

Was the whole 1:59PM name created by Hottests, if I remember correctly? If it was then I think it's great that at least JYPE acknowledges that. You can call it a marketing plot or whatever but at least it gives off the feeling that 2PM is leaving the position vacant until Jay's return to form 2PM again instead of replacing him, or assigning a new leader etc. To be honest I still find 2PM to be somewhat vulnerable & fragile without Jay because what group can be their strongest without a leader.

Havne't listened to the whole album yet but I do love Heartbeat. Especially that rap which starts at 0:33 - It's rather freaky sounding & chilling but sounds oh so cool. Well, the whole song sounds chilling to me actually. I love it. I agree with JYPE when they said this song has no distinct style but it is different and refreshing. I'm going to buy the album.. but hopefully I can put off that temptation and wait for the repackaged one WOOOOT! (:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE NEW ALBUM. :">

Patience is the greatest virtue of all. :)) Hmm, for the I Hate You lounge remix, I prefer the original but this one is very good too. The other remixes are made of epic win. All the songs are growing on me, but my favorite is Tired of Waiting since I somehow hear Jay's voice in the chorus.

And I so feel that Jay would be coming back sooner than we expected.I got so excited with the news. I hope I have a time machine.

November is a great month for KPop. At least I think so. Still fully supporting 2PM. Before this album, I was confused if my number 1 boy band is 2PM or Big Bang or Super Junior but now, I'm thinking I love 2PM the most. And then BB, and then SuJu. XD But I love other bands too, boys AND girls. GAH. And now I'm off to study for our Statistics exam. T_T

Oh, and yeah, I don't know if I can ask this in this forum, but how do I change my username? I've been dying to know. And I only remembered to ask this question now. Sorry if this is somehow violating the rules. :)

oh wow~ the album is released..

and NO JAE!

i'm really liking "heartbeat".. sounds really good. .. although

tears had fallen once again.. reminding me JAE's is not going to be part

of their full album.

and the news about JAE coming back.. positively another rumor

and maybe let's give it a week and a JYP rep. will say "nothing has been said. blah.blah.blah!"

i waited for their album w/ a lot of sorrow but w/ full gratitude..

but thinking again about their fallen leader is heartbreaking..

i am happy for them but again, i could be happier.

and if do JAE comeback.. he has no part in any of their song...

or maybe we are all being delusional w/ all these auto tune going on..

so if he does comeback.. it'll be fair if he has his own part of the song..

so i guess save money for the repackage one.

Guest haiphuong

Just finishing listen to their new songs. I felt like I wanna cry. The songs are so sad.

- "Heartbeat": My bad English can't describe my feeling when listening to this song. No surprise when JYP have been hiden it till today. I love it. The song is very strange and sad. Feels like it tears my heart into thousand peaces, esp. when Jay's voice wasn't in it. Woo's voice sounds like JYP so much, I'm very surprised and the best part for me is the rap part at the beginning of the song and Woo's part.

- "Gimme the light": This song reminds me of the Korean songs in 90s. It's very good too. Their voices are so soft.

- "Back 2U": I love the lyrics.

- "All night long": This is a American RnB style. I don't like it much cause that's not my style but still love their voices.

Generally, this album is the best album I've ever heard since I fell in love with K-pop few years ago. All the songs are very good. This album is definitely a JYP's product, I can feel his style everywhere in the album. Seems like the boys sing for Jay.

Jay! Please comeback. Let's "01:59PM" turn to "02:00PM".

Guest CharlotteDarcy

I'm so excited. This is the first 2PM CD that I'm going to purchase. The entire album has a somber feel to it, which attracts me. All the songs are awesome but my favorite is "Gimme the Light."

what is your HEARTBEATing for?

a very nice quote that got my heart at the first sight...TaecYeon's teaser trailer..when I first heard of "and us 7"..my heart was crushed..then came in the songs..though it can't match Again and Again (that's my personal opinion) but then again..its still addictive..addictive in way not for everyone to sing together..but addictive in way you feel the pain the guys are trying to portray..and I just can't help not feeling the empathy that crawls in..

Heartbeat..for me it sounds rather depressing..but I'm loving the pain..it reminds me of Jay..Wonder when he will be back in though..I won't stop believing that he'll be back someday..back to 2PM..as the leader he should be..and a better person after all the calamity..

whether it is 1.59PM or 2PM together as 1..we should just support them how they are..its an event no one wanted to happen..but we couldn't avoid it..so..let's keeps our fingers crossed...

Guest Do0mAid

I'm so excited their comeback moved up to Music Bank instead of Inkigayo >_<!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've been working on/practicing in this time.

It's no surprise they're having immediate success!!:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:59PM's Album a Success

Written by LaLaLeonLove on Tuesday, 10 November 2009 00:50

After just one day of release, 2PM's first album has proven to be a success. Read more after the cut...

The beastly idols return to claim the throne from the new emerging boybands and veterans. Just after a day of release, music site Monkey 3 revealed that "Heartbeat" is holding the #1 spot on their chart, while "Tired of Waiting" and "I Was Crazy About You" hold #2 and #3 respectivly.

Many are surprised that the album is holding the top three spots with the endless Jaebeom controversy, and the noticable missing member. It is also surprising that they are holding the top spots since they have yet to perform on any music shows.

JYP seems to have a good thing going; with anxious fans waiting for the return of 2PM, a sexy concept and photos, and a upcoming performances.

1588d5c.jpg

credit: omgkpop.com

Ok my 2cents about this... since I wasn't on here for the past two days, you can simply ignore it, if you are that fed up with the debate!

However I do appreciate your work & I'm respecting you & stuff, I'm ok with NO BOYCOTT rule, ok it does sounds kinda rough towards FANS, WHO ARE SUPPORTING IT... well thank you very much!

Anyhow I like the new album.... not really digging all the songs but they will grow

on me for sure... Beat for HEARTBEAT is sick I'm loving it!

My fave has to be Tried Of Waiting, that's my jam atm.

Only You Acoustic Version it's very niceeee & remixes are looove!

I find pics kinda weird but I'm sure I'll change my mind soon... and as much

as I hate "1:59 concept" it kinda suits them well without Jay!

2PM releases first regular album

The much hyped-about boy band 2PM's first regular album "1:59PM" was released on Tuesday.

The album, containing a total of 13 tracks, is composed of seven new songs and six remix versions of songs from their current and former single albums, the group's agency JYP Entertainment (JYPE) said in a press release.

Their producer Park Jin-young wrote and composed their title song "Heartbeat", about a man who cannot accept breaking up with his woman. The song takes on an entirely new format which does not fit into a certain genre or style, experimenting with drum sounds combined with a live full orchestra, with human heartbeat forming the main structure of the song, explained JYPE.

Other new tracks on the album are: "My Heart", "Gimme the light", "Back 2U", "Tired of Waiting" and "Was Crazy About You". The two latter songs were revealed last week while the boy band carried out pre-release promotional activities for their new album.

The remix tracks are of their new title song "Heartbeat" and songs from their previous single albums including "10 out of 10", "Only You", "Again & Again", "I Hate You" and "She Might Come Back".

The band's album will go on sale at offline stores starting November 13, the same day they will be giving their comeback performance at KBS music show "Music Bank."

The formerly seven-member boy band will be returning to the stage for the first time since leader Park Jae-beom quit the group in early September over controversial comments he made about Korea on his MySpace account before his debut.

2PM has been one of the most popular groups in Korea since their debut in September last year.

Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest universe

looks like even with the boycott going on, the songs seem to be getting much attention. maybe the impact will only be felt monetary wise since fans are the ones who buy merchandise and physical copies of the albums.

i just want to share my two cents about the album. i thought the album was quite a decent one, but same as some people here, i do not understand why JYP chose Heartbeat as the title song. its just...not very promotion-material type? there dun seem to be any distinctive hook or melody. i will wait for the MV/performance before i judge the song fully.

i rather have Tired of Waiting which is more upbeat even though its auto tuned to death. my fav is probably Gimme The Light although the title reminded me of a Sean Paul reggae song at first LOL. but its so nice and soothing yet have such a sick beat at the same time. Back 2U is pretty good too.i love the part when Taec (or is it someone else?) sang in English at around 2.25 :wub:

the whole album is kinda depressing though. the songs seems to be all dark and full of angsty. but it suit the concept pretty well. i read sometime ago here that some people saw the "leaked photos" where the new concept is pretty boy with gold sequinned pants LOL. guessed you all can't be more wrong.

and i have no say about the boycott thing since i probably wun purchase the album anyway coz i'm not a die-hard fan. but its always good to have 2PM back on shows. i miss them :)

firstly i want to say a thank you to the mod who came in and tried to stop the posts about boycotting.

Someone once replied to my previous post that only i think that the boys hinted that Jay would be back but i didnt reply cos i think that everyone can have their opinions and didnt want to even more flare up any of the pro-boycotters in this thread and make this thread a miserable place to stay at. It's not that its wrong to boycott(because i totally do understand why is the reason) but as long as there's both sides in the same place, there will never be peace. And of course, if you need to choose between the 2(support or boycott), would you choose boycotting? Will it make sense, if you come to a thread and the posts are all "I BEG YOU TO BOYCOTT..THIS IS THE ONLY CHANCE FOR JAY TO BE BACK." All im trying to say is that please do understand why the mod did this, and as for the pro-boycotters, its not like there's no other place to promote the boycotting. So yeah, peace! ^^

anyway on a lighter hand, (lol) i want to say i have mixed feelings about this album. Some songs are really good but some, i don't really understand. Songs which cant strike an impression to me. I have to say Heartbeat stands out so, so much. It's really new and actually at the first listen, i dont get the song. But after looking at the lyrics and hearing a few more times, im liking it more and more.<3333 Wooyoung's singing improved so much and im proud of him.That ssanti Toshio.:lol:

Like I said previously, this is a forum that should accept all sorts of discussion. Just as there are those whom find the 'begging' of the boycott issue to be annoying, theres also people who find the delicious, hot comments repeated over and over again over one or another body part to be painful.

I am concerned about posters being too self righteous as opinions are at the end of the day opinions, there's no right and wrong to it. Moderators are needed in forums for quality control and thats the job they should do but not be overly opinionated as well.

You know, I actually feel really sorry for the pro boycotters in this thread. I dislike reading comments like Thank you moderator for doing this and that cos to me thats manipulating the public sentiment to sway one direction just because one party has been appointed to hold position and whatever that party's opinion generally becomes the WORD.

Moderators hold an opinion that might be right or wrong as well but what we cannot question them on is their scope of duties. If they deem a subject overly heated then yes they have the power to close down the thread, suspend users altogether but I am against them stopping people to talk about certain things as that would impede on freedom of speech in the cyberworld.

Soompi which possibly holds the largest membership forum for the K -Ent world should be more so than any others to practice an open platform whereby any user can participate as long as its not to stir up propaganda or create riots. Curtailing opinions from one end of the argument is definitely not right.

The pro boycotters have done so much in the past two months. While people here including myself are mouthing off our opinions on whats the right and the real wrong, they are there spending the same minutes making posters, saving money to aid in new strategies to bring Jay home, doing charity works in Jay's name, sending him encouragement letters, sending companies petitions, all for what?

I find it absolutely ludicrous to call them anti 2PM fans. In these actions alone, they are definitely more passionate than alot of us in this forum to the cause of unifying 2PM again, so what is the wrong in that? 6PM to them is a new band, 2PM is the makeup of 7 boys which they have grown to love and support.

Judging the way the Korean entertainment industry, JYPE, sponsors, producers and media has been acting the last two months, the trailers for Heartbeat, the subtle hints that Jay might be back, the pulling back of the brownie CF to launch later, can you honestly say the boycott has not worked?

I just wish people would stop flogging them. I for one am touched by their efforts and perhaps if I was less cynical about this industry I would really just dropped everything to join them and perhaps be passionate in this cause as well but sadly I know too much and how this business runs to know its best to be neutral and watch everything that unfolds. If Jay does come back, I think everyone needs to rethink their words to this group of people. They might not have been the best in expressing their intentions but for sure they have good ones.

Peace out!

EDIT: Just for the sake of pointing out the technicality of the situation. Since this is a 2pm thread and from what we last knew, it comprises of 7 people and not 6, then all comments boycott or not should be entertained. Perhaps instead of asking the pro-boycotters to leave the thread and put duct tape over their mouths, it better to start a 1:59Pm thread solely for those who only wanna talk about the six boys. Afterall even JYP has publicly acknowledged that the group is now 1:59pm. This will solve the moderators problem as well.

Guest chimeraspunk

1. Its silly to close the forum when 2pm is just about to make their comeback in like .. 3 days?? Closing the forum is like.. boycotting!

2. Everyone should be free to say what they want. This is a 2pm fan forum. Just as there are people who are pro-boycott, there are people who are anti-boycott. So GIVE EVERYONE THEIR SPACE. But people be mature in the freedom given to you. No bashing of others. If you're not happy with a pro-boycott post, take it like its not a post for anti-boycott fans to read. Just skip it. Vice-versa.

I don't want this forum to be closed down. So please observe proper posting etiquette and respect others' opinions even if they're not in line with yours. Thanks.

Guest lululove

1. Its silly to close the forum when 2pm is just about to make their comeback in like .. 3 days?? Closing the forum is like.. boycotting!

2. Everyone should be free to say what they want. This is a 2pm fan forum. Just as there are people who are pro-boycott, there are people who are anti-boycott. So GIVE EVERYONE THEIR SPACE. But people be mature in the freedom given to you. No bashing of others. If you're not happy with a pro-boycott post, take it like its not a post for anti-boycott fans to read. Just skip it. Vice-versa.

I don't want this forum to be closed down. So please observe proper posting etiquette and respect others' opinions even if they're not in line with yours. Thanks.

i totally agree with what you said. people should have their opinions/feelings expressed out. i mean after all, this is a forum. A forum is a place where all the fans can discuss about their thoughts - boycott or not, whatever. I mean if you don't like what someone has said, there is the existence of the scrolling bar at the right side.

on a lighter note, i can't wait for 2pm's comeback! but i really really wonder how it'll turn out without jay.

LE SIGH.

Archived