☆ 2 P M ★ Official Thread ☆

Guest touchtheskies.

I don't know about you guys but I am just fed up with everything.

The situation, being sad, ALL OF IT.

JYP's statement was the right way to go. It showed his love for Jay<333

We shouldn't blame him at all.

And that dumb petition....honestly lets not waste our time on it.

I'm really just worried about Khun, Woo, Taec, Junho and Junsu.

WE SHOULD SUPPORT JAY AND THE REST OF 2PM

AND ALSO JYP

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xclueless
Not meaning to play Devil's Advocate, but there's a part of me that sympathizes with the Korean fans regarding the blame-game JYP issue.

JYP's stand according to his statement was that he cared about Jaebum so much as a person that he just let him go. While this sounds kind of noble... doesn't this also sound kind of foolish? Think about it. Jay is in his young 20s. He's an adult, yes, but he's still inexperienced. It's like a kid going to his father, telling him that he wants to quit school because everyone hates him, so much that they created a petition for him to commit suicide. If you were that kid's father, would you just say, "OK son, I respect your decision. Go and quit school"?

If that was MY kid, I would burst into the Principal's office, talk to my lawyer, talk to all the school's parents, do anything and everything I could to defend my son, to insist on his rights, to stand by him, and not let him just cop out of the situation. If it was MY son, the whole community would hear my outrage and demand that something be done. I wouldn't just let my kid go, as if getting him out was the best thing for him.

What the fans are outraged about is that JYP really didn't protect Jae. He didn't defend him, when he should have. He waited. He listened. JYP was being a good company president, but a very bad mentor. A bad father, and a bad friend.

I dont support the boycott of all the remaining 6 members, but a huge part of the blame lies on JYP also and that SHOULD be undeniable.

I totally agree. Again I hate to put the blame game on JYP himself but how can you not?

I stated before, JYP had the final say. Even if Jay wanted to quit, there was no way he could've without JYP's final decision. I applaud him for giving Jay what he wants, but as I stated before, it's totally as if he gave up. I don't see anything wrong with just sending Jay back to Seattle and lay low for a while. But to completely agree on his departure of the group?

Guest candyapple1111

The letter was heartfelt and honest. But IA about JYP. Yes Jae issued the statement. But you don't stop their with bad publicity. How difficult would it have been to find evidence that jae didn't hate korea. Whats sad is that woo and chan both tried to support and protect him but were shut down. They wouldn't have had to say anything if JYP could stand up himself. I didn't want to bellieve that the statement on allkpop was fake because it means that since the begining of this JYP has Never defended him. He should have had his back from the start but maybe he was worried about the company.

Girls I come back here again. I'm sad for JYP's statement and Jay's reply through Yoon & Andy that he will finish his study there first. T_T

Anyway, I won't lose hope. I know we shouldn't force him but I don't agree with you about what K-hottests do.

What they do doesn't mean they don't love other 6 boys and I think they do right.

Jaeboem is a sensitive and responsible guy. He left because he's afraid that other 6 boys will get hurt too not because he's no longer want to be in 2pm.

I still think 2pm will get big soon in the world with him and I think he realises that too. But the situation right now is that he's too hurt to go back. People just step up after his leaving and the media just realise how they did to him after he's got through the petition to force him die. If I were him, I'd feel more painful after knowing everything is just because of the misinterpretation.

But if he doesn't come back to 2pm and let time passed by before coming back, everything positive might die down. He won't be able to come back as a winner anymore but only one who Koreans forgive. The antis will be able to attack other 2pm boys. I think the most risky ones are Nichkhun & Taec. I'm very sure 2pm will have a hard time if Jay doesn't come back. Since they can shot one boy, it means they can shoot other boys too.

Boycott 2pm this time might make Jay feel more comfortable to come back. And coming back during this time will defeat the antis also prove himself that he's not a betrayer.

Anyway, as an international fan, I'll support him in everyway. I won't give up to get him back

I just read through JYP's statement on allkpop.

I'm truly touched by his words. And once again, it shed light on the hard trials that Jay went through when he was in Korea. I'm not saying this because I have just read JYP's statement, but I really think people should stop blaming JYP.

As a producer, he just let go one of the most talented performer in his company.

As a friend, he let go of a brother.

As a teacher, he let go of a student.

I truly think JYP wanted to teach Jaebeom a new meaning of life by helping him to become a singer. He must sadden him to see someone who has changed themselves and their perspective of the world, become crushed by the dusts of the past. Jay learnt and gained so much from him. And I'm sure there was much more that JYP wanted to teach him.

Seeing how JYP acts with Rain, GOD and other artists who have left his company, we know he doesnt take brotherhood and loyalty lightly. I know that there will always be a place in JYP's heart and in his company for Jay. If Jay doesnt come back to be a part of 2pm, I hope that one day he return to once again work with JYPE, as a staff member or a producer or a trainer.

One another note there is a new article in Korea atm linking Jay with Obama: dcnews

I don't have time to translate it word by word, but it basically says that today Obama gave a speech to teens warning them about the Internet. He told them to be aware of what you post online because whatever you post, it will always be there and one day come back to you. He said that everyone makes mistakes when theyre young and has heard of many people who have posted these mistakes online.

Korean people have caught attention of this because it came right after the whole incident with Jay and with Jay being an Korean-American, they think perhaps Obama may have heard about Jay's situation.

This is an english news article about it I found on google. Doesnt have the same quotes as the Korean site but you get the basic idea from it: Union Bulletin

It would be pretty cool if Obama was referring to Jay a bit. Then it really shows the netizens that they REALLY blew this out of proportion.

Wow what perfect timing O_O! It would be pretty cool if Obama was referring to Jae but we'll never really know.

Of course he makes a good point though.

CAN SOMEONE TELL WHAT PETITION IS GOING AROUND RIGHT NOW THAT'S UPSETTING EVERYONE?

Guest fifi yang
Wow what perfect time O_O! It would be pretty cool if Obama was referring to Jae but we'll never really know.

CAN SOMEONE TELL WHAT PETITION IS GOING AROUND RIGHT NOW THAT'S UPSETTING EVERYONE?

I believe it's the petition saying that Jay should be banned/exiled from returning to S.Korea. o.o But I'm not sure.

Guest xtoxicpinkx
Not meaning to play Devil's Advocate, but there's a part of me that sympathizes with the Korean fans regarding the blame-game JYP issue.

JYP's stand according to his statement was that he cared about Jaebum so much as a person that he just let him go. While this sounds kind of noble... doesn't this also sound kind of foolish? Think about it. Jay is in his young 20s. He's an adult, yes, but he's still inexperienced. It's like a kid going to his father, telling him that he wants to quit school because everyone hates him, so much that they created a petition for him to commit suicide. If you were that kid's father, would you just say, "OK son, I respect your decision. Go and quit school"?

If that was MY kid, I would burst into the Principal's office, talk to my lawyer, talk to all the school's parents, do anything and everything I could to defend my son, to insist on his rights, to stand by him, and not let him just cop out of the situation. If it was MY son, the whole community would hear my outrage and demand that something be done. I wouldn't just let my kid go, as if getting him out was the best thing for him.

What the fans are outraged about is that JYP really didn't protect Jae. He didn't defend him, when he should have. He waited. He listened. JYP was being a good company president, but a very bad mentor. A bad father, and a bad friend.

I dont support the boycott of all the remaining 6 members, but a huge part of the blame lies on JYP also and that SHOULD be undeniable.

the apology should have been enough.

regardless, i am thankful jyp let jay go home.

thats what is best for jay, and those two know whats best for jay better than ALL of us. but, home for good?

none of us know what will happen in the future, or even what is REALLY happening now.

so please, EVERYONE, stop pointing fingers.

bad father? jay already HAS a father, who he needs right now.

bad friend? same thing.

moreso, his home is and always will be in america.

he can't even trust the korean public as a whole anymore. they made a petition for his SUICIDE. that is not something you just brush aside. i wouldn't even feel safe living in such a country... or want to, not when i can be happy livingg somewhere else. it must be nice for him to finally get to be himself again, free from the "idol" image.

hmm, i think dreams are like this:

you chase after them until they're caught, but once they're caught they eventually break and you have to let them go in order to chase a new dream.

"go back, jay, go back."

but, to what?

Guest love-monster
As a producer, he just let go one of the most talented performer in his company.

As a friend, he let go of a brother.

As a teacher, he let go of a student.

Sorry to cut your post short.

Exactly.

That's why, although JYP couldn't necessarily "keep" his promise...

I think we all need to remember, it was probably harder for him, who watched Jae grow, etc.

In response to the other people about the blame-game with JYP:

We don't know what went on behind the scenes, but all we can do is trust. It probably hurt Jaebum a lot to stay where therew ere so many haters, especially when he knew there was a home he could go back to and rebuild. Jaebum thought A LOT about this decision. I mean, he HAD to.

This was the start of his BOOMING career

I think JYP wanted to respect Jaebum's decision because as you guys said, Jaebum is a young adult

He probably thought really really really really hard about this. He probably had 8237498 regrest. He probably cried 9827384 times.

let's wait and see

I trust in Jaebum. I trust he made the best decision for himself.

Guest blu_berrie

0mg!!

i can't accept JYP statement..its seems like he really want jay to leaving 2pm..i didn't expect he will said like that..

i always hope he can persuade jay to come back to 2pm..but he just accept jay decision like that without face to face with jay..its seems like he trying to escape from jay's problem.. :angry:

to JYP.. plz change your statement..that is not what we expected from you..

plz show a bit care to jay..we still need him in 2pm..not only us but also the other 2pm members...

and to 2pm..plz b strong..ur fans always behind you..hwaiting!!!

Guest churvaness
Wow what perfect time O_O! It would be pretty cool if Obama was referring to Jae but we'll never really know.

I think you are referring to this

http://agora.media.daum.net/petition/view?id=79345&RIGHT_PETITION=R2

Yes, it is upsetting...They wanna prohibit him from entering the country...They want to expel him out of Korea FOREVER..

Guest k&b062607<3

I was never a big fan, but I was a fan. My heart goes out to everyone that is involved in this, especially Jay. I really hope that he is able to rest well back in Seattle and that over time he will become a stronger person(not saying he isn't one now).

IMHO, I know many are blaming JYP because it was his final decision, but why blame him when he gave the poor boy want he wanted? If that's why Jay needed/wanted, no one, not even JYP, can say no because it is his ultimate decision. I know there are contracts and certain agreements, but I really don't think JYP would take it to court at such a moment in time where Jay is suffering.

I hope that one day we will see that bright shining face again.

Leader Jay Park forever <3

Guest fifi yang
0mg!!

i can't accept JYP statement..its seems like he really want jay to leaving 2pm..i didn't expect he will said like that..

i always hope he can persuade jay to come back to 2pm..but he just accept jay decision like that without face to face with jay..its seems like he trying to escape from jay's problem.. :angry:

to JYP.. plz change your statement..that is not what we expected from you..

plz show a bit care to jay..we still need him in 2pm..not only us but also the other 2pm members...

and to 2pm..plz b strong..ur fans always behind you..hwaiting!!!

It's not that JYP doesn't want Jay to leave. It's the fact that right now, it's best for Jay to leave

and let everything die down a bit. Of course he would accept Jay's decision, he knows what Jay's

going through, he cares for Jay. If he didn't care for Jay, then Jay wouldn't even be here today.

Would you rather let Jay suffer by staying in S.Korea? Or let him be in peace with loved ones?

I think you are referring to this

http://agora.media.daum.net/petition/view?id=79345&RIGHT_PETITION=R2

Yes, it is upsetting...They wanna prohibit him from entering the country...They want to expel him out of Korea FOREVER..

Is there any reason they're providing? Or what is the content of the petition?

One min they are like NO to Jay and then later they mentioned it's a pity to let a talent go.

And now this?

Guest thehazyfiasco

One min they are like NO to Jay and then later they mentioned it's a pity to let a talent go.

And now this?

Their statement translates to:

He is not a celebrity but a public figure. Each and every action that he makes is a bad influence upon the younger generations. How can we allow a person that has belittled his own country to be the idol of our children? Where does he get the rights to be such a figure in our nation when he is merely here to use this country as business? We are afraid of a 2nd Park Jaebum. We believe that expulsion is the proper punishment.

(Due to many netizen's requests, we are moving this suggestion/discussion to an official protest movement)

Guest sweetVisions
and WE ARE NOT SELFISH.. IF WE ARE THEN THAT MAKES JAEBEOM ALSO SELFISH.

because HOTTEST TRIED TO DO SOMETHING while JAEBEOM and his company had done nothing.

What? Have you ever felt hated by an entire country before. Have there ever been petitions online recommending that you should kill yourself?

--

This is getting ridiculous. I think we should stop with all the "bring Jay back" petitions and twittering JYP to make him feel worse than he already does. I can't believe we fans are being so selfish. Instead, continue with the supporting and sending love to Jay and 2PM. And for those would live near Jay, don't smother him. He needs his space.

No matter how many hours of Jay and 2PM that we have watched online, it doesn't begin to equal to how close JYP and the rest of the Hot Blood family were to Jay. So HOTTEST trying to blame JYP and 2PM for not forcing him back should really stop and think about what they are saying. Jay is an adult. He can made decisions for himself. I only want Jay back when he wants to come back. It would be worthless if Jay comes back but the sorrow is still clearly seen on his face. I couldn't bare to watch him then.

Love & Respect (emphasis on the respect part)

Justina

we should start a petition that bans malicious netizens from using their computer... seriously, these people have so much time on their hands. If they're so protective of South Korea, wouldn't a petition against Kim Jong Il and North Korean nuclear warheads be more important than one against Jay Park? SEriously... these netizens... an atom bomb could be exploding in their toilets and they'll probably still be starting idiotic petitions...

I totally agree. Again I hate to put the blame game on JYP himself but how can you not?

I stated before, JYP had the final say. Even if Jay wanted to quit, there was no way he could've without JYP's final decision. I applaud him for giving Jay what he wants, but as I stated before, it's totally as if he gave up. I don't see anything wrong with just sending Jay back to Seattle and lay low for a while. But to completely agree on his departure of the group?

I agree with you guys, but I think what JYP was trying to do is place faith in Jay. He trusted and put faith in Jay from the beginning and he's doing that again.

JYP is a strict teacher. He's come out saying before that with his artists, he doesnt listen to them seriously (in regards to their opinion on music) until the artists reaches their 4th album. (I forgot where but im pretty sure he said this).

He's a smart man and would always think with a business mind.

But I think because this issue was so personal, what he's doing is letting Jay decide for himself. If Jay regrets this decision, then all Jay can blame is himself. In this way, JYP and Jay can truly say that no one is at fault because everything was done according to Jay's decisions.

Guys, do you seriously think JYP wanted to let him go? Do seriously Jay wanted to quit that easily? They acted humbly. Some comments Ive read (not necessarily here) say that Jay's quick decision to leave must mean that then his passion for music musnt have been strong enough. I agree that he made a haste decision. But if he acted out of selfishness, then he would have stayed, He could have said, okay let's fight because my fans will be there with me & my 2pm brothers will always be there for me. But he didnt. He probably knew that things would die down over time and this would just become a scandal. But scandals always haunts them. He doesnt want 2pm nor the entire JYP company to be tainted by his mistake - not matter how small it was. He took his responsibilities as a person and as a leader to the end.

I'm sure out of the many things going through Jay's mind, one of them would be regret and doubt. I'm sure he's also doubting his decision, probably wondering if he made it too soon. He's probably regretting leaving so fast and not standing up to fight. But his decision is his decision. it was him who made the mistake and now he took care of it in the only way he knew how, by removing himself from the group. That's really the biggest that he could do with his own power. If he stayed, it would have been JYP, the JYPE staff, 2pm and the fans that were protecting him because let's face it. You can't fight alone in the tough entertainment industry.

For JYP to respect this makes him a better producer and teacher.

Guest churvaness

And now this?

I do not clearly understand the content...I sude Babelfidh to translate it...And Prohibition to enter the country and expulsion is the main title...bla bla

The goal is 30,000 signs due today sept.10,09....currently they are at 12,663...I hope this doesnt push thru...

However, even if it doesnt...IT TRULY SHOWS THAT NETIZENS ARE 2FACED PSYCHOPATHS

Guest churvaness

And now this?

I do not clearly understand the content...I sude Babelfidh to translate it...And Prohibition to enter the country and expulsion is the main title...bla bla

The goal is 30,000 signs due today sept.10,09....currently they are at 12,663...I hope this doesnt push thru...

However, even if it doesnt...IT TRULY SHOWS THAT NETIZENS ARE 2FACED PSYCHOPATHS

Guest TotoroBabyx3

The past is the past,the present is the present, the future is the future, if you keep bringing up the past, the future will mean nothing. Netizens shouldn't be so nosy, Antis shouldn't go too far, Korea shouldn't be TOO proud, Fans should always stay strong, All we can do now, is take a stand because this drama has taken it's toll. Is that too much to ask? I'm gonna admit, that JaeBum made a mistake, but making a petition for him to commit suicide is no better. VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE SOLUTION. His comments was a moment where he vented his frustration during his culture shock and hard trainee days. Even though he is korean, he wasn't used to the korean culture, most cultures are different. But banning him from is homeland, is banning him from seeing his family. Yeah sure, he's an idol, even though they are role models, they can't always be perfect, they can't always be happy, they COMMIT MISTAKES, they're real. Idol Stars and Regular People should be treated EQUALLY.There is always TWO sides of the story, but yet some have failed to see JaeBum's side of the story. So we all shouldn't be so selfish as to pleading "BRING HIM BACK" but saying "BRING HIM BACK WHEN HE'S READY" because he's going to survive this, because what doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger. To end my speech and rant, I'd like to put some lyrics of Where is The Love, so credits to Black Eyed Peas and Whoever owns the song.

"Wrong information always shown by the media

Negative images is the main criteria

Infecting their young minds faster than bacteria

Kids wanna act like what the see in the cinema

Whatever happened to the values of humanity

Whatever happened to the fairness and equality

Instead of spreading love, we're spreading anomosity

Lack of understanding, leading us away from unity

That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling under

That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling down

It's no wonder why sometimes I'm feeling under

I gotta keep my faith alive, until love is found"

*edit* I never knew I could be so deep, xD . But it's for a cause, I'm pretty sure no tears were shed with this being read. dang I rhymed.

Archived