[Drama 2009] Swallow The Sun 태양을 삼켜라

Guest yeohweping

Guest goodnessgracious

Has anyone watch the 1st episode? I haven't watch it yet bcoz i was so scared that this drama will be like East Of Eden. Love, revenge and all totally like east of eden. I dun really like to drawn into the same drama again. So, is the 1st episode good for us to continue watching?

Don't worry, not all the revenge dramas end badly. Take Time Between Dog and Wolf for example, it had a happy ending. East of Eden was all around disappointing, my hopes for Swallow The Sun are much higher.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chanty_sothy
Guest Jill4675

So far, so good. ;) Looking forward to Lee Wan's appearance. Production values are very good; like the music.

Some really gorgeous scenery and the videography is excellent.

sts01a.jpg <Beautiful!

sts01b.jpg <Nicely set up!

sts01c.jpg <Ditto! :)

sts01d.jpg

sts01e.jpg

sts01f.jpg

sts01g.jpg

sunglasses2.gif

Guest Peppermint`Seed

Okay, okay: just finished episode 1. And all I have to say is...Ji Sung looks smokin' swimming topless in the ocean!

...Just kidding, haha.

So I guess back then, it wasn't okay to get pregnant before getting married---not that it's okay now. But how could the grandmother just drop off her grandson by the side of the road? :huh:

Looking forward to the appearance of the full cast <3

Episode two, hurry up!

Guest raitoringo
Guest ashjook

Have a quick question about the drama...if the drama revolves around those three characters what does the first episode characters has to do with this drama?

-EDIT-

haha never mind I got it now...I did not watch the whole thing =)

Guest kazenai

As they added a special, wouldn't that mean that episode 24 will air on a wednesday, which leaves the thurday slot open.... are we looking at a second special??

I am excied for this drama, I have peaked through ep1 but I'm waiting for subs. I like the endingsong, I hope it has a lot of good song usage like EoE had (sorry can't seem to stay off put about the similarity) The preview at the end of ep1 makes the series look even better ! I hope the writter make every episode - a great one and hopefully a couple of cliffhangers since they keep me on watching.

Guest iluvjin

How's the first episode? I wanted to watch this but have to go work so i won't be able to watch it until tomorrow! From the screen caps i can see that the scenery is beautiful.

I can't wait to watch it!!! Sot the first episode is about the parents right, did JS or SY appear in int epi?

The ratings are pretty good for the first episode!! STS Hwaiting!!!

Guest mintlovely

This drama including many beautiful scene, right?

I really like this cause its more exciting!

I have seen it on the upper reply

it's really fantastic

so i don't watch it correctly.

Guest mintlovely

Thanks a lot for everything that you have been posting here, eling.

I'm using lots of your picture and image to share for audience in Thailand.

Hope you have a good day ^^

Guest Happy_Day

SBS continues to rule Wed/Thur 9:55pm timeslot.

TNS

Swallow The Sun (SBS) - 14.8%

Triple (MBC) - 7.5%

Partner (KBS2) - 9.9%

AGB

nationwide ranking / drama / network / nationwide rating / seoul rating / seoul ranking

8. Swallow The Sun (SBS) - 13.8%, 15.5% (#4)

16. Partner (KBS2) - 9.6%, 9.5% (#19)

Triple (MBC) - % (BT20), % (BT20)

Wow!! Fabulous ratings for the first ep esp one with not A-list actors.

By the way, I haven't watched this yet, but is that guy (he either plays younger JiSung or LeeWan) - is he the guy who played young LeeByungHun in Allin?? the way, both of those younger guys look veryyy hot--

Guest sayroo

Anyone knows if a Chinese subbing team did the special? cocorust? :)

We might translate it but if there's chinese subs much more chance that we'll do it~

We'll give you more updates about it on our twitter~ ^^ http://twitter.com/Haru2subS

We still need Korean and Chinese Translators to help us with this drama,, The more, the merrier~ ^^

Give us a e-mail or PM me if your interested. :) Also, Timers and Editors, contact me also if your interested~

Filming to resume for Swallow the Sun

July 10th, 2009 // by javabeans

The production of the new drama Swallow the Sun, which had recently been shut down after staffers came down with swine flu, is ready to get back to work: shooting resumes on July 11.

However, this will occur with one concession, which is an extension of the quarantine for the drama’s original crew members. According to instructions by the Center for Disease Control, staffers were to remain isolated at home until nighttime on the 11th. However, because of a relapse of the illness, the production has decided, in accordance with requests from those in Jeju Island and from the CDC, to extend its delay until the 13th. To work around this, new staffers will be brought in from Seoul to start filming on the afternoon of the 11th.

via TV news

---------------------------------------------

200907110250010733022805L.jpg

200907110250010733022802L.jpg

200907110250010733022803L.jpg

200907110250010733022804L.jpg

credits: sports.khan.co.kr

7a8ba9afe6ec20eb7dd92a72.jpge6777ecb9e777138bf09e672.jpg

credits: dc

-------------------------------------------------

By the way, I haven't watched this yet, but is that guy (he either plays younger JiSung or LeeWan) - is he the guy who played young LeeByungHun in Allin?? the way, both of those younger guys look veryyy hot--

are u referring to this guy?

2009_07_canon875_1247150561.jpg

yea, he's the guy who played young LBH in All In, but in STS he plays Ji Sung's father.

his name is Jin Goo.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jin_Goo

Guest Happy_Day

^ In the character descriptions, it says Jisung character will find out that his father was a cruel, vicious man. I guess he is mistaken? It doesn't seem like his father is a cruel man, judging from his expession in the pics.

I just finished watching the chinese hardsub and wow I thought episode 1 was surprisingly good! I usually get totally bored with the parent or childhood phase, but this one kept me engaged all the way. The poor couple... what a cruel fate. From what I understood it, the guy hated the military camp he was stationed in and thought death would be more preferable (I think) than staying there... anyway, love at first sight between the guy and the girl? Something like that... she was intrigued by him, that's for sure. Everything happened really fast *ahem* Not that I minded at all! I definitely liked the fast pace and I found the "romance" believable. Anyway, after their night together he was telling her how he wanted to die before, but now he wanted to live, live with her and for many many years to come >______< (she totally teared up at that). It was rather heartbreakening to see how they were separated, with him being beating half to death by other military officers. Kudos to the actor (Jin Goo) and actress (Im Jung Eun ) though! I thought they were really intense in their acting and that was a strong factor to draw me in.

I've got a question though... what happened to Jin Goo's character? He was shipped off, but he wasn't killed was he?!

btw, it looks like we'll see the main cast in next week's episodes already! Talking about the shortest parent phase ever! Yay for that!! I swear that Princess Ja Myung Go was trying my patience to the very limits with the 12 or 13 episode long parents phase...

So glad that the ratings were so high for the special and the first episode! Hopefully it'll climb and not descend. It'll be up to the quality of the drama to keep the standard and keep the already interested viewers ^^

This drama is so good. The scenery are breathtaking. Africa is so beautiful. I really like the underwater takes and all the takes in Africa so far. I hope this will continue to be a great drama.

Archived