[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

My heart is aching now for JH once JD rejected his love. :tears:

Hope the writer will make it tolerable to watch. :phew:

Seriously, in this version, my heart is really breaking for JH. He keeps telling himself "what are you doing?", but he just can't help himself. Unrequited love can be so painful!! :( I always pitied Rui, but it's painful watching JH's pining.

Another BOF filming siting:

Fans saw BOF crew and cast filming at a library. Maybe BOF will finally show JD seriously studying to prepare for med school? Also, someone supposedly overheard the crew talk about filming at Jeju island next week... maybe we should expect to see the deserted island scene soon?

Oh, I hope it is the deserted island scene. I want some real kissing!!! But I have a feeling we will not get a "Goong" kiss at all. Stupid director told LMH to shut his mouth while kissing. And LMH looked so humiliated.

Guest sveta21

Out of curiosity, did the writers change the ending of the original manga? As far as i know, Jandi (Makino) will end up with Goo Joon Pyo (Tsukasa). Her liking Yoon Ji Hoo (Rui) is temporary?

Erm any news about extension? Or maybe they won't extend the drama?

Guest betchay

^ Episode 8 is the hockey fight scene.

SPOILER ALERT:

Another BOF filming siting:

Fans saw BOF crew and cast filming at a library. Maybe BOF will finally show JD seriously studying to prepare for med school? Also, someone supposedly overheard the crew talk about filming at Jeju island next week... maybe we should expect to see the deserted island scene soon?

Thanks for the spoiler.. blue_angel_1004 :)

JD's parent will go & live in fishing village after all the bad luck.

They have to leave JD alone coz of her studies in Shinhwa.

It might be in Jeju island.

Can anyone explain the desert scene?

You can read about it here. http://salimbol.livejournal.com/33019.html

But the more I think about it, it doesn't seem like they will go to a tropical island - it is really cold in Jeju this time a year.

Out of curiosity, did the writers change the ending of the original manga? As far as i know, Jandi (Makino) will end up with Goo Joon Pyo (Tsukasa). Her liking Yoon Ji Hoo (Rui) is temporary?

Have they written the ending yet? I read somewhere that the last 4 episodes were not written yet, just a couple of weeks ago. I would be very surprised if they changed the ending though....

You can read about it here. http://salimbol.livejournal.com/33019.html

But the more I think about it, it doesn't seem like they will go to a tropical island - it is really cold in Jeju this time a year.

Have they written the ending yet? I read somewhere that the last 4 episodes were not written yet, just a couple of weeks ago. I would be very surprised if they changed the ending though....

çYes, Here you can see the desert isle part

enjoy it!!

http://www.onemanga.com/Hana_Yori_Dango/204/25/

:P

after seeing epi 16 for the ...th times, the scene where Devil Kang slapped JP got into me. first Devil Kang wanted to slap JD, which means to hurt JD (give pain, embarresment, grief, you name it) and JP stopped her to protect JD, in the end he got the slapping. so all of these, kind of representing what happens in the relationship, right? the Devil Kang tried and did hurt JD through her family and all the humiliating words she threw at JD. JP stopped all of these things by taking the pain himself and paying it every single moment, to protect JD in the only way he can. i dont know if the PD really put it like this, but it's quiet symbolic to me.

another thing, i know some ppl are discussing abt how unrealistic it is that suddenly JD bcomes all chummy again to JP as if nothing ever happened. uhmm...without trying to sound defending the PD, in the manga, makino is really worried abt yuki, she's afraid that yuki going to be dissapointed again. though YJ is not a bastard like that su-pyo guy, still, in JD(makino)'s eyes he's not a man to be trusted. anyway believing that JD is so panicked, she just rushed to JP. what i like abt the spying scenes, lets put aside the "unrealistic sudden change behavior" and the comical way of spying, is that both JD and JP are lost in the moment. just on that short time, they both forget abt what's going on with them. they were like themself when they were still the stubborn bickering dynamic duo. and that's exactly what i've been missing since epi13. the way they talk to each other, they way JD telling him to do stuff (like an old worrying ahjumma) and he did although he didnt want to :lol: make me think "OMG they're back!!!" they were still alright untill the engagement topic brought up again by JD and Devil Kang came to bring back reality to their faces again and destroy everything they ever believed in.

the scene with JH comforting JD, she can really find a friend in JH. some ppl are protesting that the PD makes a shift that the paring is more favorable towards JD/JH. but i dont think so. im not taking side on this. it's just from the beginning, i never saw JD/JH relationship as something that can go beyond friends. they do understand each other and they may make the best couple, but dont u just think there's lack of sparks between JD and JH? they never even fight. i thought the best part of a relationship is the -make up- part after you fight. everytime you make up after a fight it's when you learn your partner and your self better. when you make up it's when you decide that you still want to be with your partner, to give the relationship another chance. this is how JD finally opens her heart to JP, right?

of course in reality there are lots of couples who started out as friends. but we dont want that in BOF, right? B)

seeing spoiler pictures of JP and JK making me frustrated :angry:

Just in case someone who can read Korean is interested in buying Korean BOF manga, it' is now 20 volumes. They combined the managa so that it fits into 20 volumes instead of 36. I was told 36 volumes are now out of print. Each volume is thicker than before and of course more expensive.

I decided to treat myself to early birthday and early Mother's Day so I went during lunch and bought all 20! LOL! They wrapped each volume with little 1/4 paper with BOF picture.

If you are interested in how much I paid, I paid $200 which included tax and she gave me Goong Vol. 19 for free. Now I have to think of a way to sneak them into the house without my husband knowing. LOL!

HAHAHA I looooved your post...I can really imagine how you are sneaking in the house looking back and forth, right and left to asure there is no husband... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

after reading all the other "heavy" posts it made me laugh...I can also absolutely understand why you are buying the manga because I love them as well....

unfortunately I can´t buy them over here, so I have to read them via internet...I sure envy you for it.. have fun reading them...

Guest ayoepan

Can anyone explain the desert scene?

basically Makino and Tsukasa were kidnapped and left behind in deserted island. Which there, Makino realized how she love Tsukasa deeply and vice versa. Makino then stated to Tsukasa tht he shouldn't go to USA, cause she didint wnat to be left behind. I love the scene here, since they take their relationship to the next level. And of course...passionate kissing scene...*such a pervert* :P

And it's known that Tsukasa and Makino were actually kidnapped

hehehe... u can read the preview that itsArtemis given ^^

So basically there's 3 option of Jeju Island scene :

1. The most possible is the place where JD-JP-JH-JK dated. Whre JD will watch half naked (well at least tht wht happen in the manga :sweatingbullets: ) JK on top of JP. And she interprets it wrongly... :blush:

2. JD's family will move there due to debt and become fisherman...

3. The last is deserted island scene, which I quite doubt it... (but still cross my finger thou')

BTW, i'm quite surprised tht someone mention tht the last 4 episdes havent been made up...

I hope if thts true... it'll be well scripted and not draggy...

and not heavily butchered editing... <_<

Guest Mariposa28

hello everyone

sorry to cut your talk, but does anybody has any info about ms kang 's assistant?? i really like him, i know i name "Jung Sang Rok" :blush:

but i can't seem to find anything about him, any kind soul can help? thanks a lot :blush:

few things about these 2 eps.

3rd, gotta love JK. I'm sorry, but she's quite lovable and she's just oblivious to the situation thats all.

I agree with you. I really don't have any issues with her. She's selfish and self-centered but so is a good 2/3rds of the characters in this show.

Also, she looked really lovely at JP's b-day party and I looove her outfit at the noraebang. I especially want her white button up blouse.

Guest XiahxTiffany

^

yea lol she is really cute and pretty like half the time

i dont think anythings wrong with her except her thinking about herself

other than that i like her :) her personality, her looks, everything!!!

wew............. it seems like the storyline for the season 2 is almost similar to the first ten episodes. just the difference is now JP makes JD jealous, coz in the 1st 10 eps, JD made him sacrificed a lot :)... she kissed Ji Hoo, hug, and always admire JH... so now it's time for him to make sure she love him by doing the same thing she did before^^...

as for JK, i think she will help JD and Jp at the end talk to the wicked mother (i wish her to be wicked wings KFC eniwei :)...)

Guest xsilentangel

I don't want to compare the versions of the dramas, but I just wanted to give my thought of the last episode. I've always been a strong Makino-Domyouji/Jan Di-Jun Pyo supporter but this episode really changed me. When he grabbed her into a warm embrace, I just felt the chemistry between them. The scene near the end of the episode really captured me.. Poor Jan Di and poor Ji Hoo for seeing the one he loves being hurt by his best friend. I never wanted Rui and Makino together in the Japanese version but the chemistry between the two in this version makes me change my mind a bit. Other then this, this episode made me all mixed up. The plan developed by F3 and Ga Eul was cute since it did remove tension between Jun Pyo and Jan Di but it looks like Jun Pyo's mom is restricting anything from happen between the two. Poor Ga Eul too, for going on a fake date with the guy she likes :(.. Kim Bum's eyes really capture you.. AH! I really love the new hairstyles. Ji Hoo looks so suave and charming.

Guest sanaechan

I don't want to compare the versions of the dramas, but I just wanted to give my thought of the last episode. I've always been a strong Makino-Domyouji/Jan Di-Jun Pyo supporter but this episode really changed me. When he grabbed her into a warm embrace, I just felt the chemistry between them. The scene near the end of the episode really captured me.. Poor Jan Di and poor Ji Hoo for seeing the one he loves being hurt by his best friend. I never wanted Rui and Makino together in the Japanese version but the chemistry between the two in this version makes me change my mind a bit. Other then this, this episode made me all mixed up. The plan developed by F3 and Ga Eul was cute since it did remove tension between Jun Pyo and Jan Di but it looks like Jun Pyo's mom is restricting anything from happen between the two. Poor Ga Eul too, for going on a fake date with the guy she likes :(.. Kim Bum's eyes really capture you.. AH! I really love the new hairstyles. Ji Hoo looks so suave and charming.

I absolutely agree with you! I just rewatched ep 16 before and I was thinking for the first time that I would like JH to end up with JD. I don't know, I've always been a DoumyoujixMakino shipper in all versions, but today it was the first time ever I wished she would choose the Rui character. What is this version doing to me?? ;)

yeah it was weird.. JunPyo wanted to find out exactly why she wasn't swimming anymore and JanDi didn't say, just that she quit..

episode 16 was so funny.. it was hilarious when JanDi is spying on YiJeong and GaEul.. she plasters herself against the wall and JunPyo has to duck cuz he's that tall..

Re JanDi's shoulder: JP still does not know the real reason why JD can't swim. During the Macau scene where YJ punhed him, all YJ said was "who's fault is it that JD can't swim any more". Jp does not know that it is the result of her gettig hit by the chair as she was trying to save him. That's why he says that he doesn't like being blamed or victimized without clarification. He wants to know what happened and how is it his fault .

For those who can't see how the F4 can go bak to business as usual considering what happened in Macau, these guys are close. They are more like brothers than friends. Over the years, they have had many, many disagreements and fights but their bond to each other is stronger than any fight. Just like JH can give up JD because he and JP are friends and although JP loves JD, he tried to give her up to JH because of their closeness. As JH said to JP in one of the earlier episodes, he will always have the F3 backing him up.

Also, in the end of 16, JP is ignoring JD to protect her. He realizes that just coming in contact with her will put her in danger fom the "evil witch". JD's expression is one of confusion and concern. He recognized that JD would probably come to him to make sure he was alright after the slap. Afterall, she couldn't contact him as he had thrown his phone on the ground. JD being JD would definitely want to make sure he was okay

Guest Aleejayy

after seeing epi 16 for the ...th times, the scene where Devil Kang slapped JP got into me. first Devil Kang wanted to slap JD, which means to hurt JD (give pain, embarresment, grief, you name it) and JP stopped her to protect JD, in the end he got the slapping. so all of these, kind of representing what happens in the relationship, right? the Devil Kang tried and did hurt JD through her family and all the humiliating words she threw at JD. JP stopped all of these things by taking the pain himself and paying it every single moment, to protect JD in the only way he can. i dont know if the PD really put it like this, but it's quiet symbolic to me.

another thing, i know some ppl are discussing abt how unrealistic it is that suddenly JD bcomes all chummy again to JP as if nothing ever happened. uhmm...without trying to sound defending the PD, in the manga, makino is really worried abt yuki, she's afraid that yuki going to be dissapointed again. though YJ is not a bastard like that su-pyo guy, still, in JD(makino)'s eyes he's not a man to be trusted. anyway believing that JD is so panicked, she just rushed to JP. what i like abt the spying scenes, lets put aside the "unrealistic sudden change behavior" and the comical way of spying, is that both JD and JP are lost in the moment. just on that short time, they both forget abt what's going on with them. they were like themself when they were still the stubborn bickering dynamic duo. and that's exactly what i've been missing since epi13. the way they talk to each other, they way JD telling him to do stuff (like an old worrying ahjumma) and he did although he didnt want to :lol: make me think "OMG they're back!!!" they were still alright untill the engagement topic brought up again by JD and Devil Kang came to bring back reality to their faces again and destroy everything they ever believed in.

the scene with JH comforting JD, she can really find a friend in JH. some ppl are protesting that the PD makes a shift that the paring is more favorable towards JD/JH. but i dont think so. im not taking side on this. it's just from the beginning, i never saw JD/JH relationship as something that can go beyond friends. they do understand each other and they may make the best couple, but dont u just think there's lack of sparks between JD and JH? they never even fight. i thought the best part of a relationship is the -make up- part after you fight. everytime you make up after a fight it's when you learn your partner and your self better. when you make up it's when you decide that you still want to be with your partner, to give the relationship another chance. this is how JD finally opens her heart to JP, right?

of course in reality there are lots of couples who started out as friends. but we dont want that in BOF, right? B)

seeing spoiler pictures of JP and JK making me frustrated :angry:

I totally agree with everything u said. Great analysis of the characters B)

Woah the thing you said about the JP taking all he pain to protect Jandi is so true. I totally adore Jihoo, what he does for Jandi and JoonPyo is like beyond words...even if we all know Jandi will never go to Jihoo... there's always that hope that lingers in every episode whenever he goes to confront her. He's such a character though