[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest qtjena13

hello everyone.. I'm an avid fan of this drama since Meteor Garden.. and I'm loving this version so much..

pardon me if this has been asked before.. but did the PD ever mentioned the scope of the 24episodes of this drama?? the other two versions has parts1 and 2.. will the PD compressed the two parts in 24episodes??

I'm just curious because of the fast pacing of the drama..

Guest wonderfulstar

I dunno for me,

I think compared to the Taiwanese version

this Korean version is going by so fast!

Already in the 2nd episode they talk about Jihoo's past love with the model!

Its kind of too fast.

The first episode already contains millions of things.

I wish they focused more on just her first day at Shinhwa

or her "outcast image" and stuff but already they've talked about her meeting a new friend

and seeing JiHoo at the rooftop.

OMG!!!!!!! I just have to put my 2 cents in since this drama just simply blew me away!!! Although I had high expectations and was very hopeful, the trailers somewhat made me a little apprehensive since I wasn't sure I was going to like the girl playing Makino (she's basically the anchor of this whole drama), but this entire drama just totally sucked me within its depths!!! I haven't been this addicted to korean dramas for a looong time and am so glad that they decided to make their own version of this classic love story using the korean formula I used to love. I knew that the secret to this drama's success would lie in whether or not the leads have chemistry and boy oh boy do Joon Pyo and Jandi heat up on screen: Her fiesty and spirited attitude combined with his smoldering yet adorably vulnerable demeanor (when she melts off his icy facade) practically explodes onscreen! I love every scene with them together and hope for plenty more since they're electrifying -I'm watching episode 2 and I melted at the part where she turned away from him after he made his "outrageous" offer (how she'll have the "honor" of being his secret girlfriend) and the look on his face when he went in front of her, blocking her path. His expression was ingenious: His palpable vulnerability clearly outweighing his usual arrogance for an instance due to his confusion over her reaction. I haven't seen such chemistry in a while and look forward to many more heartwrenching and cute scenes between these 2 -I'm very finicky about chemistry and tension as I know it can't be forced and it's often difficult for me to find couples that generate enough spark to light up a room. But these 2 have that "it" factor and I hope the director and writers see that and take full advantage as they're very lucky the main leads play off of one another so well (often times, the ones you want to have chemistry have none while other unintended people have lots). By the way, Lee Min Ho IS Doumyoji and to me, he out-doumyojied every other doumyoji so far! And the way he looks at Jandi...like he's turned on by her every action -it's pure primal heat!

Guest Gen_Ji

omg... I just watch eps 1... and it was totally fun.. just that I also think that GHS acting here in eps 1 is a bit overacting... no offense.. I still like her though.. It's just feel a bit weird that she tried to fit in the character "when she was screaming and shouting" . Maybe she should loose some of it, it's better. But I expect she'll be looking more natural in coming eps...

and for LMH as Joon Pyo.. omo... He's acting is exceeding my expectation.. I never watch his acting before so I don't know how well his acting is... but his acting here is awesome... he fits so much to act as Domyoji... His facial expression is quite good.. well.. it seems I don't have to worry about him... and for the other member, still has to watch more and see...

oh... I'm waiting for eps 2 for the subs... so anxious now coz I've read others comment of eps 2 scene... thanks for the summary and caps for those who provide in this thread and I'm looking forward to the next eps next week...

✿ I liked the nosebleed scene too... and it kinda showed a contrast between how Jandi feels about Joonpyo as opposed to Jihoo (right now in the plot). In Episode 1, when Jihoo was wiping her face she was shy and embarassed... then in Episode 2, when Joopyo tries to wipe her bloody nose she super fierce and guarded. I love how this is Joonpyo's first sign of affection... he's starting to develop a little crush on Jandi... cuteness!

Highkick scene was... golden, it was super funny when her kick threw Joonpyo over to his couch chair... he was totally shocked.

✿ I was kinda sad when Jandi accepted Jihoo's invitation to the party, after she totally rejected Joonpyo... Joonpyo totally had this pained betrayed look for like a millisecond, then it was gone. I love how Lee Minho does that, like switching back and forth between emotions/facial expressions without it being too overwhelming.

Your brief highlights on episode 2 makes me want to just watch it RAW without subs!!! I love that she hit him with the ice cream and now high kick him, this Jandi is definitely tougher. The egg and flour scene wasI really moving for me, her silent tears and how she told the 'Sh.ithead' students to 'do more' not easily bullied, just my kind of girl!^^ I thought she was actually more upset at the wasted eggs and flour...LOL, watched Episode 1 and totally loving it, I felt like I'm reading the manga again whenever I'm watching GHS, so expressive and comical! LOL, totally different from her usual role^_^ but she's so funny I can't help but laugh!

^huangsy

i just saw you pics when JP is waiting outside for JD

is that a part of this drama?

i remember when dao ming tse did the same thing

i just watched episode one on mysoju...and..i was disappointed =(

the opening seemed so forced and the conversations seemed unrealistic ...i don't know something was just off...

but i'll still give the 2nd ep. a shot, and hopefully it'll rise to the expectation.

Lee Min Ho looks so much like Jerry and for some reason Kim Hyun Joong reminds me of Lee Dong Gun o.o;;

the girl's acting wasn't all that, and the 3 plastic girls are so annoying with their engrish

still prefer the tw one though~

lol the ending theme song has the same melody as Rainie Yang's Dai wo zou

Guest honeypia

uh.. he never said that.. he said he only read the manga and watched the japanese version and taiwanese one but he said his character was just based on feel of manga..lol

Oh i see. thanks for the clarification :) Although Min Ho has been doing a pretty good job :D

Guest sharry

If pplo still think the Japanese or the Chinese ones are better.

Great... go watch them then. I am sure there are threads for both dramas here in Soompi. If not, create one, and discuss the other versions over there.

I finished episode two and there is something that i has made me love it even more. The reactions of JanDi when she is with jihoo, Even though she is nervous she looks so happy at the same time. And when she came into the hall after changing into the pink dress, Her facial expressions were like "i love it!" and that brings out the pureness of the character.Enjoying the simple things. I did criticize her over acting. But i think on this ep it has gotten better and its so entertaining to watch her be so expressive.

Guest huangsy

^huangsy

i just saw you pics when JP is waiting outside for JD

is that a part of this drama?

i remember when dao ming tse did the same thing

should be part of the drama, hope it was not edited out...

Guest manderley_angel

If pplo still think the Japanese or the Chinese ones are better.

Great... go watch them then. I am sure there are threads for both dramas here in Soompi. If not, create one, and discuss the other versions over there.

I finished episode two and there is something that i has made me love it even more. The reactions of JanDi when she is with jihoo, Even though she is nervous she looks so happy at the same time. And when she came into the hall after changing into the pink dress, Her facial expressions were like "i love it!" and that brings out the pureness of the character.Enjoying the simple things. I did criticize her over acting. But i think on this ep it has gotten better and its so entertaining to watch her be so expressive.

^ I agree... its getting a bit annoying when newbies come in just to post "this korean version sucks!!!! the japanese/taiwanese version is the best!!! forever and everrrrrr!!" or similar posts like that. It's pointless and just clutters this thread for the Korean adaptation... I think I saw like 20+ posts like that.

I loved Jandi's/GHS's fierceness both in the mansion and nosebleed scenes... by her facial expression you can tell that she really feels pestered by Joonpyo's actions... its like it makes sense that Joonpyo found his match, her toughness to me seemed like she can stand up against him. In Episode 1, her expressions leans toward the more comical side, but on Episode 2... its a little bit more controlled.

I absolutely fell in love with Minho's and Hyun Joong's portrayal of their characters. Seriously, the way they hold themselves is soo wholesomely Tsubasa and Rui ^_^

I can't wait until they start a bit more experimentation with their characters...

All in all, despite other people being disappointed which made ~me~ disappointed, I thought it was an amazing 2 episodes.

Anyone who missed it/did not understand it should read Javabeans' blog entries about it.

Guest onewithoutlove

i actually like this hahaha

it is so freakin awesome and they created

a korean hana yori dango but change

the story line. i love it. can't wait til the 2ep

gets sub ^__^ im looking forward to it

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Hmm... the drama is pretty good, done under different circumstances where Jan Di is already the heroine of the average citizens.

... but IMO (don't attack me for saying this) but Jan Di's acting is pretty bad, it's hard to deny it.

She has her perks but in general, I hope this is her stepping ground into her budding career.

But I must admit that the Korean version has its good sides -- in fact, many.

The other people's acting are pretty on point.

Like Minho's and Hyun Joong's is actually what I prefer "Domoyogi" and "Rui" to act like.

Seriously, Minho's plays the evil jerk very well in the beginning.

I must *bravo* on that.

I feel like the japanese/taiwanese version didn't grasp it as well as Minho did.

Like the manga "Domoyogi" is supposed to be a blood-curdling EVIL guy and then you see small changes.

The j/tw version made him seem slightly jerkish, which didn't make the changes in the character very significant.

**And OMG, his hideous perm is exactly that Domoyogi's perm is supposed to look like.

I'm not saying Minho's hair is ugly, what I'm trying to say is... the director did a good job with "Domoyogi's" hair.**

in a nutshell:

I can't say that this is my favorite version

I can't say that it's the worst version

Because each version as a major flaw but I think in general, all 3 dramas did a VERY good job reenacting a classic manga.

**QUESTION**

Does anyone know the comparisons in Taiwanese, Japanese, and Korean versions' budget?

B/C man oh man, the Korean is certainly glamorous. They did NOT hold back on the glitz and glams.

Guest huangsy

^ I agree... its getting a bit annoying when newbies come in just to post "this korean version sucks!!!! the japanese/taiwanese version is the best!!! forever and everrrrrr!!" or similar posts like that. It's pointless and just clutters this thread for the Korean adaptation... I think I saw like 20+ posts like that.

yes yes, my feelings too, so please help to instill discipline in this thread and not answer or response to annoying questions or comments pls