[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

jst a quick thought in press conf photos

Leader HyunJoong looks so tired. He seriously need to have a long holiday after this drama finish. He loosing his youth and skinnier than before.

compare to his co-stars, they'r look more radiant and happy

however, they'r all looks good. and their uniform are so cute. The main guy played Domyoji look more stylish than the one in japanese or TW version. He got that rich look/attitude/body posture..etc, very appealing

Guest kim_calvz

i'm gonna watch this for sure!!!i stopped watching East of Eden because Lee Da hae decided to leave the show.....and its no reason for me to stay on the show...

i'm glad there is Boys Over Flowers.....i love the taiwanese version and the anime one......i'm looking forward with this show!!!!....hope korean version will have a high ratings!!!!

however, goo hye sun seems to be overacting a lil bit. some of those facial expressions were a bit too contrived. i think the japanese makino was more nuanced and subtle so i hope she tones it down after the first few eps or it'll become another one of those dramas where the male leads are hella fine but the girl is just.... annoying. and makino is an awesome female protagonist so it'd be a shame if they let that happen.

That is exactly what I've been worrying about as well. The cutesy slash tough heroine act is getting a bit overrated especially for Korean dramas.

I know it's too early to judge, but I'm really hoping that Goo Hye Sun will portray Makino Tsukushi the way she really is.

Anyway, only two more weeks left, I can't wait.

EDIT

I just saw the 7-minute trailer. Lee Min Ho's acting improved.

Honestly I was having doubts whether he can pull off a domyouji role because I saw a few episodes of Mackerel Run and he wasn't very good, but now that I've seen the trailer, I'm really glad he's acting got better.

I really hope Goo Hey Sun will not disappoint me. I was able to watch a bit of Pure 19 when it aired on KBS World and I know she can act and what I love about her is she can definitely cry, but in boys over flowers I hope she'll tone the cutesy act a little bit. But like I said before, too early to judge.

I think they did a fantastic job with the casting... I just can't wait for the acting part.

Guest ljphantom

dramalovers26: You're welcome, but it's really no problem. I was glad to do it.

I'll just post what I've found browsing KBS's official website for Boys Before Flowers [characters/cast]:

bdb2302c0181138201964a0c1edbf79b1229412700_full.png

Lee Jeong-gil as Yoon Seok-young, Ji-hoo's grandfather

71ad6c2f55c04ee7d8e8ae1e1ec334461229412212_full.jpg

Jeong Ho-bin as Shinhwa Kang Hee-soo's Chief Secretary Jeong Sang-rok (Japanese equivalent: Secretary Nishida)

b90b74b218afad700af2965720bcd31a1229412215_full.jpg

Lee Min-jeong as Han Jae-kyung, the daughter of CEO of JK Group and Jun-pyo's fiance (Japanese equivalent: Shigeru)

061c946a43bc76b16ebdc767850c65141229412214_full.jpg

Jeong Ee-chul as Lee Jae-ha (Japanese equivalent: Junpei)

The three mean girls' names have been changed to Ginger, Sunny, and Miranda. Jan-di and Ga-eul's boss is named Bohm Choon-shik.

I don't know if they'll actually cast Sara (they could just have her in a flashback or even just mentioned in name), but KBS has the character listed up in the website as a former friend and first love of So Yi-jung. Her Korean name is Cha Eun-chae. It seems like Eun-chae's background and story isn't really different from Sara's in the original.

Guest Jupiter

Goodie...goodie...goodie... Kim Bum really good looking...ohoho...

i always not satisfied with the F4's casts at first, TW version or the JP version... but it also turns out to luvvv it..luv it.

So..this new ' damyouji' must not any different too..surely do like all of them..espc Kim Bum...

Everyone's really hyped up for this drama! :lol: I'm so excited as well~^^

I think I'm kinda caught in the charms of Joon Pyo after watching the 7-minute preview. History is repeating for the 3rd time... getting charmed by the "same" character. :rolleyes:

But I'm still not feeling much of Makino character in Jandi... NOT yet though! Hopefully this drama will turn out as great as we're hoping it to be...

Guest goodnessgracious

GooJoonPyo / LeeMinHo

Age 19-20

-F4 leader, son of Korea’s representative jaebul family (rich/elite), future successor of ShinHwa Group company.

-He grew up at the hands of the company’s employees rather than his parents.

-He believes the world is his for the taking, and that he is the most important person between Earth and Heaven.

-However, he has troubles of his own, things that come with being part of a jaebul family.

-He grew up with the confident, aggressive mindset “I can do anything if I try.”

-He had to overcome a lot terrifying situations like kidnap while he was growing up. However, because of this, he is a master at all kinds of martial arts.

-Because of a certain terrifying kidnapping incident, the one physical thing he keeps at a distance is water.

-One other crucial Achilles heel he has is his older sister whom he fears even more that God Himself. But the ironic thing is that he falls deeply for JanDi, who reminds him of this older sister he dreads.

-Like his curly hair, he has a hot, unpredictable temper and rough personality, but inside he is like a child with his purity.

-He is flawless in 5 languages because he’s traveled so much around the world. But with that follows a weakness in basic common sense and the Korean language.

-He tends to follow his instincts rather than logic, so he is rather simple-minded and he shows his emotions in a frank manner.

-Surprisingly, he is innocent around girls; in the face of love, he turns into a naïve boy. So he is extremely pained when he finds out JanDi’s heart is with his closest friend JiHoo in the F4 group. However, he cannot give up JanDi and remains true to his feelings until the end, and even with his parents’ strong opposition, his love never waivers and soon this love starts to move JanDi’s heart little by little.

Over the Rainbow, anyone :lol: ?

Guest funkypicklez

yoon eunhye would have been perfect for the main gurl part

and i love han chae young

but omfg

why didnt they choose yoon eunhye???!!!

xD

Guest manderley_angel

kkotboda_namja_officialtrailer10-52.jpg

Cast member posts behind the scenes pictures, on her Livejournal

Remember the blond girl whose hand gets kissed by Kim Bum (Soujiro/Eejung) in the official trailer? Turns out that she's a foreigner living in Korea, whose been casted in the first few episodes of Boys Before Flowers. She playing a French chef in the first two episodes, I think and her character according to her "helps establish who Eejung is."

From her post at http://community.livejournal.com/hydkorea/:

I am married to a Korean and living in Korea, so I sent my info some time ago to some talent agency. My first casting was for this drama. I didn't know that it was in the making before I had received the call. I haven't seen any of the other versions and haven't read the manga, but I knew the name almost right away because of how famous it is in Japan. [...] Needless to say, I am really interested in seeing how the drama plays out!

--

Anyway, my role in episode 1 is that of a French chef, but they had me speak English. We filmed in Korea, but we are apparently supposed to be in France. Too bad we didn't really film on location! Let's just say that my character's primary role is to help establish who Yijung is right off the bat. :3

Unfortunately, I cannot share the BTS pics she had posted because she specifically requested that her personal photos to not be reupload/posted outside of Livejournal.

You can view them here, however if you have a Livejournal account and a member of the HYD Korea community.

I just saw the 7 minute preview as well. It was good! I love the casting ~ I can't wait to watch it ~ =)

Hyun Joon, I'm hoping he'll be a great Rui ~ ^^ In the 7 minute preview, he seems very romantic, so I'm guessing he's doing well =)

Min Ho's cold personality in the beggining shocked me. His acting was very good ~ Of all the F4 Dramas/Movies, Domuiyoji HAS to have the permed hair. LOL.

So the character that Kim Bum plays is the older women lover, "player", but kind hearted man? I was expecting the 7 minute preview, to show him being surrounded by older women in a club. LOL. [He's very cute =)]

Sojiro ~~~

Gah, the cast is so adorable. All of them ~ Haha, she's so lucky ~

Whoever winked, <3 :blush: So cuutee.

Guest Happy_Day

^ But KimBum's role is such a playboy! LOL & I don't know if he'll have a love story with GooHyeSun, because in his character description it doesn't mention anything like that. But there is a girl who has a crush on him, and will go to great lengths to catch his attention. The actress is really pretty but I forget what her name is - she will play an "icy and standoffish girl who surprises those around her from her actions towards KimBum's role."

KK~~