[drama 2008] My Precious You 내사랑 금지옥엽

Guest huangsy

I can't understand the animosity towards Bori. To me, she's a kind and thoughtful girl - putting others' happiness before her own. Yes, in the beginning, she was pushy and doing everything she could to get SH to marry her. But I dont blame her. She was pregnant and desperate. Korean society do not look favorably upon single mothers.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand the animosity towards Bori. To me, she's a kind and thoughtful girl - putting others' happiness before her own. Yes, in the beginning, she was pushy and doing everything she could to get SH to marry her. But I dont blame her. She was pregnant and desperate. Korean society do not look favorably upon single mothers.

That's how I see it also.

It's one thing to willingly bring up a baby by oneself but when one is unprepared to do so, they lack the confidence and courage it takes to handle what the society will throw their way. So, initially all she knew is that she needed SH in order for her and her child to survive and later when she became stronger she realize she could handle it on her own.

But the bottom line is the woman needs a lot of self confidence and encouragement to handle Single Motherhood in Korea.

I also don't understand SH forcing his way to get back with BR for the sake of their son when he is so in love with SR & it hurts him so much to part with her. If his reason is he would not like his son to go thru what he had without a mother, then he is making a terrible mistake. He doesn't know the entire story of why his mother left them & what led to the divorce of his parents. How can he bring happiness to BR & Healthy when his mind & heart is with SR? He will not only be hurting BR & SR but he is also putting himself in a situation which he will later regret. He doesn't love BR & he is giving up on the woman who loves him & whose family has accepted him & is proud of him.

Guest bleu72

Let SH be with SR. I don't see him loving Bori and that would be terrible for Healthy to see. Anyway, it doesn't make any sense for Bori to be an unwanted wife again. It took a while for her to let SH go and be happy. Why can't she be happy too? He has his mind set on SR. DW only has eyes for Bori. This may not be traditional, but it makes sense to have them stay apart and raise the baby together.

Are there any dramas where two people are just parents together and share the responsilbilty of raising the child?

I saw an attempt in "Here comes ajumma' but we all know the husband was bad and started using his daughter as a weapon against her mother. So the child sharing process stop.

But are there any good examples of two people raising a child together even though they may have separate spouses?

Until now, I'm still foggy about what happened between Inho's dad and JS' dad? Was Inho's mom also involved? I don't follow this drama faithfully, so I'm not sure if the reason was ever explained in earlier episodes.

Guest uop1497

I think SH do the right thing by breaking up with SR. If he wants to have his son back, he has to show Bori his serious action, and breaking up with BR is one of it. Now he has no attachment and can begin rebuild his trust to Bori to win her again. It is interesting to see that happen or not in the late episodes. I don't think he forces his way into Bori life again.

When SH first find out about his girl friend pregnancy, I think he choose the abortion as an easy way out because he is a play boy at that time. But now, he is changing and he should has the chance to make up for that mistake and to be a real father to his kid. Part of my mind wants him to suffer and lost healthy forever, but another part wants to see healthy to grow up with his real parent.

Love can be build in a family eventually. What he see in Bori now is different than before, she becomes stronger and capable to raise healthy herself. It will make him attracted to her and will fight his best to keep his child and family.

Bori loves SH a lot and that love will not die easily. I think she will give SH a chance

Although we see him crying and heard he said I love you to SR, but I don't think he love SR at all.

SR deserves what she gets. She is still manipulating Bori's mind in away. I think she try to shows Bori that her break up with SH because of Bori / heathy. So that Bori will fell some sort of responsibilities and will not accept SH back in her life. And SH will eventually coming back to marry her.

No body love the child like his/ her own parent. Although in this movies, the writer showing DW love heathly/ Bori unconditionally, but thing can change when DW has his own children.

Are there any dramas where two people are just parents together and share the responsilbilty of raising the child?

I saw an attempt in "Here comes ajumma' but we all know the husband was bad and started using his daughter as a weapon against her mother. So the child sharing process stop.

But are there any good examples of two people raising a child together even though they may have separate spouses?

there was one, I think it was Blissful Woman/Happy Woman or something like that. The main actress divorces her husband, but doesn't realize she's pregnant. She never tells him and she raises their little girl alone for the next two years ago. He finds out about the baby but by that time his ex-wife has already moved on and fallen in love with someone else. He desperately wants to get back with her out of love and for the sake of the child. They almost do, but love prevails when she sees that the man she now loves is in critical condition at the hospital. Honestly if you ask me, the ending for this one wasn't so great.

Guest aidaa

I am a SR shipper. People say that she is manipulative and because of her Bori left SH and tried to abort Healthy but truth is SR did not know at that time Bori was pregnant with SH's child and clearly SH was suffering because of Bori. She has a right to tell Bori that it is not right to force someone into marriage. I don't find anything wrong with that.

Even though I pity Bori a bit now but still I can't understand why she chose to suffer in Seoul. She should have been gone to her parents. Of course they will be hurt but they are her parents, they will understand and accept her eventually. It is not like she is not going to see her parents forever. And also I don't understand why she is hiding from SH. Is it because she lied to him about the abortion?

there was one, I think it was Blissful Woman/Happy Woman or something like that. The main actress divorces her husband, but doesn't realize she's pregnant. She never tells him and she raises their little girl alone for the next two years ago. He finds out about the baby but by that time his ex-wife has already moved on and fallen in love with someone else. He desperately wants to get back with her out of love and for the sake of the child. They almost do, but love prevails when she sees that the man she now loves is in critical condition at the hospital. Honestly if you ask me, the ending for this one wasn't so great.

Thanks!

Most of us want Healthy to have both parents in his life yet we're not completely sold on his parents being a loving couple so I just wanted some precedence that 'being parents' is indeed a viable option in the kdrama world. I'm still skeptical that this will happen but I'm hopeful none the less.

Oh, and about DW changing after having his own kid. True, true that may happen, but even in reality the biological father will sometimes turn against one child in favor of another. So I'm not going to sweat DW on that because I think he will turn out just fine. I think he would treat both children as his. That means loving, supporting, raising and even chastising them as the situation deems fit. I've actually seen this kind of man in action and wouldn't dare label his kids as anything but his. So once more I think DW will make out just fine.

I know, I'm injecting my Ameican way of life into this series but wasn't DW raised in America?

Guest lucky_moon

I think SH do the right thing by breaking up with SR. If he wants to have his son back, he has to show Bori his serious action, and breaking up with BR is one of it. Now he has no attachment and can begin rebuild his trust to Bori to win her again. It is interesting to see that happen or not in the late episodes. I don't think he forces his way into Bori life again.

When SH first find out about his girl friend pregnancy, I think he choose the abortion as an easy way out because he is a play boy at that time. But now, he is changing and he should has the chance to make up for that mistake and to be a real father to his kid. Part of my mind wants him to suffer and lost healthy forever, but another part wants to see healthy to grow up with his real parent.

Love can be build in a family eventually. What he see in Bori now is different than before, she becomes stronger and capable to raise healthy herself. It will make him attracted to her and will fight his best to keep his child and family.

Bori loves SH a lot and that love will not die easily. I think she will give SH a chance

Although we see him crying and heard he said I love you to SR, but I don't think he love SR at all.

SR deserves what she gets. She is still manipulating Bori's mind in away. I think she try to shows Bori that her break up with SH because of Bori / heathy. So that Bori will fell some sort of responsibilities and will not accept SH back in her life. And SH will eventually coming back to marry her.

No body love the child like his/ her own parent. Although in this movies, the writer showing DW love heathly/ Bori unconditionally, but thing can change when DW has his own children.

I agree with u with all what u said & strongly agree about that no one love the child as his parent..

No matter how much he loves him once he has his won child he'll feel the difference, Having his own child from his own blood & flesh is not like raising another person child, There is a saying here " raising another person child is like planting on other's land" that's go the same with DW no matter how long he'll live with BR he'll get sick in the end that she can't forget SH & specially that they have SH's child rasing him also he may cahnge his heart once he has his own children.. :sweatingbullets:

Guest pint0

Slight correction: She knew she was pregnant at the time of the divorce but chose to hide the fact from her husband. She was afraid that the law would give him the right to take her child. Only later when her husband knew about the child’s existence did she learn that the law had changed to protect the rights of mothers. The ending was horrible and open to interpretation. Did she leave her husband and child to be with the man she loved? Or did she run out of the house in her apron (she was in the kitchen) because of the shock of what she heard over the radio? Her husband was carrying their daughter and looked unconcern with her flight. The daughter was happy playing with the Dad and didn’t even notice the Mother had run out. So the ending is just a matter of one’s interpretation. I agree that the ending wasn’t great. Even the actress commented on it and said she hoped to have a better show next time :tongue2:

No animosity but I don't have such a high regard for her as some do. I don't accept that she is the one with the good, kind intentions, the only one making sacrifices. And espeically that SR is a scheming evil woman who stands in the way of BR’s happiness. I haven’t seen anything yet as what some claim that SR is the one who badgered BR to disappear just so that she could marry SH!

When Inho’s Dad saw the way SR’s Dad rejected SH, he considered his treatment of Jeonseol. When he learns that his grandson may be raised by another man, he would also think of Inho raising step-children. But I have to say, Jeonseol disappoints me. His whole attitude towards his ex is like because she is the mother of the 2 kids, he would allow her to do anything just to protect the image the children have of her. Then to get over Inho, he drinks every night. The poor children living with a wife-beater who pours his sorrow in drinks! He should remain single forever if he is going to give his ex the power to do anything she likes. Where can he go and hide? The moment he makes something of himself and if there is even a mention of him, his ex will come running to repeat the whole vicious cycle! He has to change the way the game is played because she won't!

Guest kay18

i'm so nervous for bori and SH! For me..this is the first drama, that has an unpredictable twist to the end. I know that SH and SR are inlove..but gosh he has a baby with Bori! Even in my culture when the babies father decides to be with another women…the father gets look down upon of not being responsible. Even though this is a drama and it’s not real. Still!!! I’m happy that SR matured SH. But maybe SR was just a reason to open up SH eyes to finally learn about commitment. Huh!! I want Bori to be with SH!

Guest starlight tears

I am just wondering why people want to force themselves to someone that doesn't love them! I know it sounds mean, but I've seen Bori tried so hard and still in the end she knows that SH does'nt love her with /or w/o SR in the picture. Now the only reason that things change is because of the existence of the baby- we've seen before that they meet in the parking lot and at that time if SH really loves Bori, he should come back to her at that time. I know the importance of parents, but what if one parent is unhappy and just stay in the relationship because of the child. Sad right!

I am a SR shipper. People say that she is manipulative and because of her Bori left SH and tried to abort Healthy but truth is SR did not know at that time Bori was pregnant with SH's child and clearly SH was suffering because of Bori. She has a right to tell Bori that it is not right to force someone into marriage. I don't find anything wrong with that.

Even though I pity Bori a bit now but still I can't understand why she chose to suffer in Seoul. She should have been gone to her parents. Of course they will be hurt but they are her parents, they will understand and accept her eventually. It is not like she is not going to see her parents forever. And also I don't understand why she is hiding from SH. Is it because she lied to him about the abortion?

No, she doesn't. She had no right to scream at BR the way she did. She could have calmly explained to BR that maybe she should reconsider this marriage. But she had no right, at the time, to stick her nose in other people's business. But, that's just my opinion the matter.

BR hides the baby out of love for SH. If he ever found out about Healthy, he'd leave SR and try to marry her for the sake of the child. She couldn't and wouldn't be able to live with herself if SH gave up his happy ending for her and the child. She left out love for him, and she has no intentions of making his life miserable. So, instead, she'll live a quiet life with her child and let SH get on with his life. Which totally isn't going to happen now that he knows about his son.

As for her parents, she's too ashamed to face them. I mean, wouldn't you be disappointed in your daughter if she came home pregnant with the child of a man who refuses to marry her and gets gravely ill at the very thought of marriage? You'd get over it but you'd never look at your child the same again.

BR had every reason not to inform SH about Healthy. First, the baby was unwanted by the father although due to pressure from his family he consented to marry BR. Any woman even the most uneducated one will feel the rejection & the feeling of disgust by the person you'll have to depend your life on will be too much to handle. And with the baby coming the uncertainties will be greater. The baby will be another liability for SH. BR loves SH too much to let him into a lifetime responsibility where he has to commit himself when he is not ready & is even hesitant to accept.

The ideal set up is for BR to inform SH, that's true. There will be a right time for this. Then the conflict in the story could have been avoided. But if that will be the storyline, then we will not be here putting down our thoughts & dissecting the possibilities that could happen.

uop1497

AMEN to what you've said.

I'm sorry to all that had commented about SH-SR.

But first, I don't even see a slight LOVE interest from SH to SR. People tend to put

more to what the show is actually revealing. LOL. I'm not saying this because

I'm a BR-SH shipper.

Go Kapneemo! defend defend defend SH-BR!!! hehe..

LOL guys, don't take these all personally. We all have our bets who will end up

together in the end. Right now for me, im waiting on how this story will progress

but it will make me extra happy if SH-BR will end up together

Archived