Which Was Invented First.. Kimbap Or Sushi ?

Guest alpine

Guest alpine

do u know this ??
which was invented first.. kimbap or sushi ??

personally i am guessing koreans made kimbap before japanese made sushi.

i wonder which happans first ??

Guest kiut_me

what makes you think koreans invented it?

but really it doesnt matter. they taste good *__*

and besides there's many kinds of sushi, not just those seaweed wrapped ones. even those seaweed wrapped ones has many types~

Guest Ce'nedra

I think alpine is merely interested to know its history -why is there hostility in this thread in regards to origins of foods?

Anyhow, it's generally believed that kimbap was derived from maki-sushi (the most common type of sushi rolls) so I assume it originated from Japan.

BUT some food historians say that the origins are still unclear since there hasn't yet been any solid proof.

So the overall answer? I don't think there's a definite one yet -I may have to read up on this myself.

Guest Atmosphere.

Yeah sushi doesnt really sound like seaweed cause it's mostly with rice and vegetables o.o;;

I always thought about this. Kimbab or Sushi, which was invented first?

I think sushi was invented first in my opinion O__O;; I don't know >__<;;

Cause long time ago during wars, people ate sushi at sushi restaurant, so yeah.

Let me see...

In the year 1680, Hako Sushi was introduced to the people of Edo (present day Tokyo), and in 1779, Maki Sushi (rolled sushi) was invented. At this point, Nigiri Sushi (Edo style Sushi) or what is commonly known as Sushi in the United States was not yet available. It was in 1824 when a clever chef named Yohei Hanaya decided to forgo the fermentation process of fish and started serving fresh slices of fish placed on top of a pad of seasoned rice. The Edo style or Nigiri Sushi, literally meaning "grip" or "grasp," are morsels of rice topped with a variety of fish and other ingredients. Yohei's Sushi stand gained instant popularity throughout Edo, thus marking the birth of a new dining sensation, with its beginnings with the street vendors offering Sushi as casual snacks and finger food. credits to http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question44781.html

ohhh I looked through GOOGLE.com it seems like KIMBAP was originated from Japan Sushi along with kimchee. And so SUSHI was made first :]

Guest Ce'nedra

I sort of doubt kimchi originated from Japan...I've always thought it was a quintessential Korean thing.

Guest ShortaznGirl

what the hell is wrong w/ the ppl who are asking her "why does it matter". she asked one simple damn question and if you don't think it matters than don't answer. it is just out of curiousity. it is a frikin food thread for goodness sakes, what kind of questions do you expect in this thread?

anyway i think that sushi came first.

Guest sefure

kimchi is definitely Korean.. I dont know about kimbap tho

i don't know the answer to this one.. but i wouldn't haste to be so sure. kimchi is korea's national dish but origination is an entirely different concept..

pasta and in particular spaghetti is commonly associated with italian cooking.... but it is widely accepted that pasta orginated from china and brought to italy by marco polo..

Guest Ce'nedra

kimchi is definitely Korean.. I dont know about kimbap tho

i don't know the answer to this one.. but i wouldn't haste to be so sure. kimchi is korea's national dish but origination is an entirely different concept..

pasta and in particular spaghetti is commonly associated with italian cooking.... but it is widely accepted that pasta orginated from china and brought to italy by marco polo..

I suppose you're right.

Very much like how the idea of fermenting fish and rice (used for sushi) originated from China and South East Asia, although the evolution of the sushi itself is very much Japanese.

Guest V A L XD

Sushi was first.

Koreans were introduce to sushi when Japan regime over the counrty and just created their own version to suit their taste and back then, food was limited.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aznshorty

aahaha yea, i was gonna say sushi was first.

hm..kimbap is def. a korean dish.

kimchi...didnt that orginate from korea, not japan?

Guest babiboi

what the hell is wrong w/ the ppl who are asking her "why does it matter". she asked one simple damn question and if you don't think it matters than don't answer. it is just out of curiousity. it is a frikin food thread for goodness sakes, what kind of questions do you expect in this thread?

anyway i think that sushi came first.

i guess those peeps dont question life...

how dull, not knowing things out of not careing.

life is over for them i guess.

yeah seriously, the earlier posters must be really sensitive or something, because i never even thought of the OP trying to create hostility with their question but merely a honest question as to who created it first. i honestly wanted to know as well.

Guest IlikeChicken

Sushi came first.

It's just like Jajjangmyun, it was from China but Koreans took it and made variations.

Archived