[Drama 2008] Land Of Wind / Kingdom Of The Winds 바람의 나라

Guest huangsy

Guest meyyale

at first jumong consider yesoya as his savior but i disagree that jumong never love yesoya in the long run he learn to love yesoya,as SSN did w/ hyutae. jumong both love the 2 women in differently, i always believe that jumong grow an intelligent person not be sink from his past love instead be open for the future and that's he open his heart to yesoya...learning his first love had 2 child is something he should think of although the memories still there.. :D

this what SIG makes a great actor he shaken our thoughts....so i guess sigers had different opinion,it's been debated long ago so i suggest

WIE to browse book of three han. :) :)

Absolutely right kish.. ;) I guess WIE must watch JUMONG to understand the situation but I'm sure Jumong loved Yesoya N Sosoeono in a different way.But I have to recall why Jumong N Soseono had to marry w each other everyone knows that for founding Goguryeo..Please, please don't misunderstand me..I love Yesoya N Soseono but I prefer Yesoya :sweatingbullets: :blush:

Thanks everything KOTWers!!!!

Take care..

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:D:D:D

each one of us has a different opinion about this :D

and this is exactly what made Jumong an amazing drama... it's amazing how until now we are still thinking: who did Jumong truly love?

well, you know what I think :phew:

That's an easy one!! He was more attracted to & truly loved Soseono more as a woman. Where as Yesoya was also loved too by him but more in a caring way only. Because she was more pitiful & of course the mother of his son Yuri. I watched Jumong a mil times already. lol It was actually my first historical drama & to my suprise, loved it. I actually went on to try other historical dramas like Sea of God & Yi San, but they weren't as good. And for some reason ever since Jumong... now I can't watch the teenage poopie love dramas anymore. It's like now I need a more mature & broader view of plots that not only consists of love. Jumong had it all love, hate, jealousy, envy, rivalry, warfare, sorrow, & triumph. You're missing out if you haven't seen it yet.

Guest selvaspeedy

Yesoya and SSN shippers :D :D

I think these pics of Mahwang are hilarious :P :P

f_8m_15f9d3a.jpg

f_7m_5cf9db0.jpg

source: gall DCinside KOTW gallery

it still amazes me to see how much those two changed w/ period costumes

f_imagereadmem_0936a91.jpg

f_imagereadtom_2af7334.jpg

OMG... it's tomorrow ^_^

That's an easy one!! He was more attracted to & truly loved Soseono more as a woman. Where as Yesoya was also loved too by him but more in a caring way only. Because she was more pitiful & of course the mother of his son Yuri. I watched Jumong a mil times already. lol It was actually my first historical drama & to my suprise, loved it. I actually went on to try other historical dramas like Sea of God & Yi San, but they weren't as good. And for some reason ever since Jumong... now I can't watch the teenage poopie love dramas anymore. It's like now I need a more mature & broader view of plots that not only consists of love. Jumong had it all love, hate, jealousy, envy, rivalry, warfare, sorrow, & triumph. You're missing out if you haven't seen it yet.

I'm a SSN fan but I think he indeed loved both of his wives in a different way :D

me too, I think I'm infected w/ a historical virus or something... I just love watching them.

the whole atmosphere of these shows is so captivating that I don't care anymore about the simple modern day dramas... all about a boy-meets-girl-and-live-happily-ever-after thing :rolleyes:

Guest selvaspeedy

hey come to think of it.. was Prince Yeojin that skinny kid in "Jenny & Juno"???

I didn't watch it but YES he was in there :blush:

he has grown up so much :P (well... not this much :P )

0835e712_Jenny_Juno-1.jpg

cutie pie ^_^

^ I thought so too...ahaha... Jenny & Juno wasn't that great.. its more understandable to maybe the asian community because of how more in depth it went into detail on how the parents reacted & all... but you should watch the american version I thought it was more meaningful than the original Korean version...

Guest meyyale

So sorry but I disagree 'cause Yesoya was NOT a pitiful woman N I guess Jumong was more attracted to & truly loved YESOYA 'cause Yesoya was a strong N understanding wife NOT only his child's mother or savior so that she sacrified herself for her beloved husband ..I know that in the drama Soseono was his first love but he had to go on his life so that this does NOT mean he never loves Yesoya. I guess everyone must realize that Soseono N Jumong went after their fate.

N read it....(I read somewhere in history Soseono was an older woman for Jumong, he married her for establishing Goguryeo N in the begining Jumong met his real/first wife Lady Ye)

So sorry but I disagree 'cause Yesoya was NOT a pitiful woman N I guess Jumong was more attracted to & truly loved YESOYA 'cause Yesoya was a strong N understanding wife NOT only his child's mother or savior so that she sacrified herself for her beloved husband ..I know that in the drama Soseono was his first love but he had to go on his life so that this does NOT mean he never loves Yesoya. I guess everyone must realize that Soseono N Jumong went after their fate.

N (I read somewhere in history Soseono was an older woman for Jumong, he married her for establishing Goguryeo N in the begining Jumong met his real/first wife Lady Ye)

OMG! how can you compare Yesoya's strength to Soseono's?!? Soseono was in the battle feilds swinging swords for crying out loud! And she also pretty much ran her father's merchant group successfully. She was a smart buisness woman, leader, and spoke with authority with men heeding under her status at that time of age as it was preceeded in the drama Jumong. Yesoya's character was a very common & typical stay at home girl that just listened to and only followed what she was told to do & not do. A very weak & submissive character you could even say. Why'd you think Jumong had to save her numerous times. Her whole family was slaughtered and killed before she married Jumong too. Not to metion she became sick and unhealthy later on after the separation of Jumong & her while raising Yuri up all those 15 or so years. She was very pitiful in Jumong. She didnt really have a love story with Jumong. He married her out of pity & loved her out of pity. But more importantly he was obligated to love her because she did take care of him when her father found him & gave birth to his son. He truly loved Soseono more as a woman, not just a first love. His first love was that servant girl.

Guest tateboe

Few questions

1. Any one in Goguryeo Palace recognised Princes Yeon, since she was there with assasin team to poison the emmisary?

2. Any one in Goguryeo Palace regognised Dojin, as a group leader of assasin team?

3. As Taknok (Yeon's father) was killed, any more black sheadow trainings in Buyeo? The leader was also kiled by Muhyul.

4. Where were the poeple trained by Muhyul and Maro? Just disappeared? Or they may be assasins worked for Muhyul?

5. Goeyu got stabbed in episode 18, by a spy and asked to Muyhul to defend the King. That part is just stopped like that?

:mellow::mellow::mellow:

i APOLOGIZE deeply for my LATE REPLY! i've been busy and been QUIET lately here in SOOMPI! hehe!

omo! i'm already watching episode 7 now.. the start.. LOL!

whoa! i hate KING DAESO, even here he spreads his evil ways, oh! and his assistant too! LOL!

he doesn't look like KOREAN, he looks CHINESE more. where did KBS get him? from the STREETS? *my way of anger.. criticizing people! haha!*

---i APOLOGIZE for this very late comment about the STORY! haha!

i'm very late in dramas nowadays! haha!

*waves* you're here :D

no you don't have to watch Jumong :P

yay! many thanks selva! haha!

oh, glad to know that! LOL! because i still see some familiar faces and names like,

DAESO, then the others! LOL!

Welcome sayroo ^^

You don't have to watch JuMong but better you watch it because I'm sure you'll gonna love it ^^

thanks korean_aein, so many familiar faces here! haha!

okay, is it just me or is the connection of MUHYUL and HYE AP is much better than the original team-up! LOL!

or is it maybe because that SONG IL GOOK is very compatible with anyone,

even with SERYU i liked her with MUHYUL! LOL!

i have some weird IMAGINATIONS! haha!

Guest dramaok

thx for the preview selva. i can always count on you getting that stuff up. ^^

the preview looks exciting. Muhyul goes to Buyeo and faces off with Daeso.

Sagu comes to Goguryeo and passes by Yeon.

--

about Jumong. ya.. the drama took a lotta liberty. in real history Soseono and Jumong were not crossed lovers like they portrayed. Soseono in history was some 12 years older than Jumong and they hooked up simply for business. She was then already widowed with 2 kids, while he had already married in Buyeo (lady Ye) and had Yuri there. let's not forget Buyeong! totally made up too.. but i liked her cuz she was the first woman who slept with Jumong. LOL.. sorry twisted but Jumong was so flirty and funny w/ her.. while he was so sad with Soseono albeit heartfelt.. and so serious and responsible w/ Yesoya. he was good w/ all the women. he loved them all. what a casa nova. hee..

next year SBS is taking on the next chapter in the story. and doing a drama 'Ja myeong go' on Muhyul's son, Prince Hodong and his very famous love story w/ the enemy nation princess.

hodongjn1.jpg

Actors Jeong Kyeong ho and Park Min-Yeong have been cast in the title roles. Love them both. Jeong is sooo adorable and so is Min-Yeong. <-- both have such high potentials. i like seeing the torch passing from MBC, to KBS to SBS.. a story of 5 generations...

dramaok,

omo! really? JA MYUNG GO is a SEQUEL again? whoa!

haha! looks like i have to focus on KOTW!

whoa! why did haemyusin died?! DAESO!!!!!!!!

Guest hummer75

I would like to suggest that those of you that are just starting to watch Kingdom of the Wind should really first watch Jumong. It will give you a better understanding of what transpired prior to KOTW. And Jumong has to be the best Histotical K-Drama ever. SIG has beccome my favorite Actor and I try to watch any drama that he is in.

He was also great in EOTS. It's another great K-Drama. I have watched about 20 Historical K-Dramas over the past 2 years and everyone of them has something great about them.

I have watched Jumong 3 times now and will watch it again. As far as who he loved more, I would say that he loved both SSN and YeSoya. SSN broke his heart due to cruel circumstances and it was his first real love. Although he still cared for SSN I don't think that his love for her was as strong as before. He did finally marry her in order to save his new nation "Gogureyo". Although he might have felt sorry for YeSoya, she did give him a son he never saw for 15 years and he spent thost years establishing his new nation and was always looking for her because he did love her. Anyway, thats the way I see it.

Guest selvaspeedy

Few questions

1. Any one in Goguryeo Palace recognised Princes Yeon, since she was there with assasin team to poison the emmisary?

2. Any one in Goguryeo Palace regognised Dojin, as a group leader of assasin team?

3. As Taknok (Yeon's father) was killed, any more black sheadow trainings in Buyeo? The leader was also kiled by Muhyul.

4. Where were the poeple trained by Muhyul and Maro? Just disappeared? Or they may be assasins worked for Muhyul?

5. Goeyu got stabbed in episode 18, by a spy and asked to Muyhul to defend the King. That part is just stopped like that?

(1) I think the queen will recognize her very well... she's the one who actually chose her to serve the wine to Yuri and his guest... and I think Yuri will doubt about seeing her before... the way he looked at her was weeeeeird.

(2) I don't think there's anybody who saw Dojin as an assassin... the only people I remember seeing him in Buyeo were Yuri and Guchu, and that happened when Haemyung killed himself... so none of them were really focusing that much.

(3) even after the death of Tarok, they continued training... and I'm sure they will find another one to train the army instead of the dead one.

(4) I think they are still training but undercover until KGR really needs them...

(5) didn't Goyo show up for the rest of the episode?! I think he's in bed recovering.

okay, is it just me or is the connection of MUHYUL and HYE AP is much better than the original team-up! LOL!

or is it maybe because that SONG IL GOOK is very compatible with anyone,

even with SERYU i liked her with MUHYUL! LOL!

i have some weird IMAGINATIONS! haha!

hi sayroo... it's good we can be in the same thread once again :D

keep commenting... I love reading your comments :D

about SIG he does look compatible w/ everybody :blush: but omo I can't let my thinkings go to that way... Seryu is his sister in here and Hye-Ap is like his mother :P

next year SBS is taking on the next chapter in the story. and doing a drama 'Ja myeong go' on Muhyul's son, Prince Hodong and his very famous love story w/ the enemy nation princess.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5660/hodongjn1.jpg

Actors Jeong Kyeong ho and Park Min-Yeong have been cast in the title roles. Love them both. Jeong is sooo adorable and so is Min-Yeong. <-- both have such high potentials. i like seeing the torch passing from MBC, to KBS to SBS.. a story of 5 generations...

weeeeee :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

sequels overload in here :D

yeah I know about Hodong (Romeo of Korea as you called him before :D )... according to Wikipedia: The legendary love story of Prince Hodong and Princess of Nangnang, recorded in the Samguk Sagi, is well known in Korea to this day. The princess is said to have torn the war drums of her castle, so that Goguryeo could attack without warning. :phew:

but omo, does that mean we won't be able to see a Hodong here in KOTW :tears:

I somehow want to see him, together w/ Daemosin when he grows up... I wanna see this kind of relation between the father and the son... I wanna see a talented actor to do the role of Hodong w/ SIG :tears:

let's wait.

no news about the new actress yet :unsure:

hi sayroo... it's good we can be in the same thread once again :D

keep commenting... I love reading your comments :D

about SIG he does look compatible w/ everybody :blush: but omo I can't let my thinkings go to that way... Seryu is his sister in here and Hye-Ap is like his mother :P

omo! thank you so much for the WARM WELCOME selva nuna! haha!

thanks! KOMAWO!

haha! but without the RELATIONSHIPS of the two, you can see compatibility.

LOL! especially HYE AP! haha! i really thought that the two was the main love team when i haven't watch the drama yet since i'm only scanning! haha!

Guest selvaspeedy

omo! thank you so much for the WARM WELCOME selva nuna! haha!

thanks! KOMAWO!

haha! but without the RELATIONSHIPS of the two, you can see compatibility.

LOL! especially HYE AP! haha! i really thought that the two was the main love team when i haven't watch the drama yet since i'm only scanning! haha!

ROFL for the bold line... I'm your nuna :D and you're like my little brother e19310.gif

I think Yeon will grow on you later... it took us sometime until we started loving her :blush:

and I knew you would love Hye-ap and Seryu... both of them have strong personality that I really appreciate in a woman...

happy watching :D

^actually, what i'm watching now i'm already feeling light with her.. haha!

are the three like bestfriends? the other guy, then yeon & muhyul?!

since i'm watching it now.. omo! yeon looks like someone very interested with muhyul! :D

heloo..

i`m in episode 16 now.. so far i enjoyed watching this drama unless Mu Hyul & Yeon scenes.. sorry...

i see their chemistry is not good..

hh.. i must say i`m quite dissapointed with Yeon acting..i always love the stars who was being SIG co stars in his drama/movie before.. but CJW.. she`s in the least..

what she has done to or with Mu Hyul didnt move my heart at all..even SIG is really great showing how he loves Yeon so much..but her reaction was not good.. please forgive me if i say something that makes someone feel hurt here..

i prefer seeing Mu Hyul with Hye Ap or Seryu than Yeon..

the scenes that i never passed are Mu Hyul and Yuri, Mu Hyul-Seryu, Yuri-Seryu scenes.. even not much conversation between them.. but their expression and their eyes was talking each other..so touching..!!

hi sayroo..salva..korean_aein..karosa..kish agnes.. ardrentfias..and all..

Guest arash_archer

I wonder how soldiers in Jumong and KOTW are too inept and unskillful? they easily are killed.

Black Shadows? what are they, why buyeo has squandered so much money on them, they seemed very skillful and went through hard trainings, but they fought against Muhyul maladroitly, they are killed like insects, I have accepted that Muhyul is a supernatural man, but how does he massacre about twenty of buyeo soldiers in eps. 18, It is too unbelievable. why didn't they fight simultaneously, in that scene, only two of them fought simultaneously and others only were spectators?

Archived