Japan 100907

WD Eng is #4  on the Itunes R&B Singles chart

Internatioanl Album is #1 on the Itunes Album chart

b0064996_4c862a423c6ce.jpg

Credit: YBmania

Guest SceneQueenCC

He tweeted 7 minutes ago!

52898890.jpg

movement lifestyle with shaun and jeka. Getting ready for solar concert.

CREDIT: Realtaeyang@Twitter

Guest tomorrow13

Taeyang and IU practice for a duet? [NEWS]

Taeyang, who is currently preparing for his concert Solar - set for the 25th and 26th of this month - stated in an interview today that IU would be a musical guest at his concert. He stated, “The only concert guest is IU. I invited her as a guest because I always appreciated her sincere approach to music.”

IU, a huge fan of Taeyang, is said to be preparing a special song for the concert, nothing from any of her own albums. She plans to perform live with a guitar, showing a side of herself that she’s unable to reveal regularly during broadcasts. The two are also said to be practicing for a duet. Fans of the two performers are probably curious about the outcome of their practice, as well as exactly how much Taeyang appreciates IU’s “sincere approach to music.”

Source: Hankooki + elliefilet at AKP

YESSSSS, I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THEIR DUET.

Guest 5H0RTYY

OMG!! i cant wait to see the performance (: IU must be so nervous xP & excited to perform with her crush ;P heheeh i wonder what song they gonna perform.

lucky girl! she's preparing a lot for her performance plus she'll be having a duet with YB! i'm curious on the special song she prepared just for this one. i'm hoping there'll be a lot of fancams and pictures. how i wish i'll be able to go to his concert. someday! hahaha...

more screencaps for his Japan itunes ranking as previously shared by N_YBB

4969306787_c950853faa.jpg

4969306813_a6f1291df3.jpg

Taken from: DCYB (http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=youngbae&no=189970&page=1&bbs=)

Shared by: bluemaid @ Always Taeyang

Guest Banana Peel

omg, IU! hahahah, she is so freaking lucky. I'm happy for her :D goodness, she's sure a lucky fan girl. first she gets to give him a kiss and now a duet! what more could she ask for? lol. I really love these two together though, would be really entertaining to watch them on wgm someday LOL

I'm just so sad that I can't goto his concert. sighhh, one day when I get to goto korea, I SHALL goto YB's or BB's concert! :D hehehe.

Guest toozdae08

^

Feeling you so much right now. I can't ever go to anyone's concert. YG better have another USA tour cause I want to see BB, 2NE1, SE7EN, Gummy and the rest of the YGE family on tour again. It's been too long.

Also did someone post this, YB's very very sexy dancers.

img2365x.jpg

- if someone did post this then whatever, these boys deserve a 2nd post. Loving the guy on the right. YG's dancers are really good looking.

Also one of my fav Taeyang gif ever

2eo9r2h-2.gif

-why so adorable, Bae?

Taeyang, "I'm better at singing sad songs" [NEWS]

DongA Journal - chosen via a survey conducted among experts as "Best Idol" - BIGBANG's Taeyang

When I entered Mnet's Standby Room (on the afternoon of September 2), I saw BIGBANG's Taeyang, who just woke up from his nap. Taeyang, who has just finished the recording for Cable Chanel Mnet's "M! Count Down" is waiting for the live show to start. After releasing his first solo mini album in 2008, Taeyang revealed his first album 'SOLAR'.

Taeyang said, "This period is the busiest since BIGBANG's debut (in 2006)". Additional tracks such as 'I'll Be There' are included in his 'SOLAR International Release Album' and it was released on Apple iTunes where it is climbing the R&B charts - number 1 in Canada, number 4 and 5 in Japan and America respectively. On the 25th and 26th, Taeyang is holding his solo concert at the Hall Of Peace, Kyung Hee University, located in Seoul.

From the survey, the 21 music experts from DongA Journal agreed that Taeyang is the number 1 idol from an idol group who will have a succesful solo career. He is also the best dancer as well as vocal singer.

When asked what he thinks about this, Taeyang revealed his trademark eye smile, "I'm a bit embarrassed, but of course I am thankful too. This makes me think that the effort I put into the album, as well as the stage performances, did not go to waste."

'I'll Be There', which is released internationally, comes in both English and Korean versions. On Youtube there are videos of foreign fans covering Taeyang's 'Wedding Dress' and 'Where U At', therefore it is safe to say that Taeyang may be aiming for an American debut. "Rather than suddenly announcing an American debut, maybe by slowly expanding the area of activities like what I am doing now, I will have better opportunities."

Taeyang chose R&B, a genre that solo artists rarely choose. "When I was young, I shared a room with my brother who is five years older than me. My brother always listened to Black/African-American music, so at that time, it was as if I lived with Stevie Wonder, Boyz II Men, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Brian McKnight and Jay-Z."

Because of his introvert nature, whenever his parents asked him what he wanted to be when he grow up, he always said 'pianist' instead of 'singer'. "If I said I want to be a singer, I was scared my parents will let me sing and I was shy." Taeyang entered YG Entertainment when he was 12 years old and went through six years of training before debuting as one of the five members of BIGBANG.

Taeyang did opening acts for various famous American singers including Alicia Keys and Brian McKnight when they held their concerts in Korea. "To stand on the same stage with the idols I admire since I was young makes me nervous. But as a singer representing Korea, I want to do my best."

For a period of time, Taeyang was said to imitate American singer Usher, "If I am simply imitating Usher's trademark performances, that will be humiliating because to stand tall, you have to fully understand Black/African-American music. But it's the same with what Usher said, 'to be the best you have to act like the best'."

To carry off sweet R&B songs like "I Need A Girl", Taeyang always make effort to be heart-touching. "This is very important to singers. In fact, after a long period of not having these heart-touching moments, I think I'm better at singing sad songs and I usually face a lot of difficulty when it comes to sweet love songs."

When the interview was about to end, Taeyang told the reporter there was something he must say. "I grow up knowing sadness from songs and films, but nowadays it is increasingly difficult to feel this (emotion). Competition is getting intense. The quality of music and films are fizzling away like bubbles...with teenage crimes and society problems. It is because they lack the experience of having a sad/real feeling. To produce music that can colour their lives is my goal."

Source: DongA Journal

Chinese Translation: losssanctuary @ BBChina

English Translation: J-Lene @ www.bigbangupdates.com

Taken from: Big Bang Updates

Guest toozdae08

^

Wow. That was pretty deep.

And he is so humble and sweet, sometimes I don't even think he's real. Honestly he left me speechless, always thinking and stressing himself out. If not worrying about his fans and performances, he's now worrying about society's problems. Just rest and do you YB, that all we want :wub:

Guest shinhdeplol

Gifs of Taeyang at Hongik University for KBS Guerrilla Dating filming on 100905

f00838384c865e8b3967b.gif

f00838384c865e83e218f.gif

f00838384c865e8252ce5.gif

f00838384c865f9a4c40e.gif

f00838384c865f994f879.gif

f00838384c865f990699e.gif

source : Sol-Mate

thanks to 앞으로와줘~ @ bestiz

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

Can anyone translate this???

201009081119001001_1.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20100908n09514

new articles released today about Taeyang from 10asia.co.kr

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=people5&a_id=2010090808043778635

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=people5&a_id=2010090808052487590

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=people5&a_id=2010090808054993984

hopefully, someone will translate the articles. thanks! :)