[THE OFFICIAL] Taeyang 태양 Thread

Guest shinhdeplol

Guest dilaniw

^ thanks for sharing those awesome gifs :)

would you happen to know which performance those are from?

shinhdeplol is right, it's from his solo concert 'HOT' when he performed "My Girl" AMAZING PERFORMANCE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmc6w9NA6Ck

*hint: if you wanna watch all of his performances in his solo concert, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kpopcorner#g/c/118EE9667B1DD078

i suggest you do, cuz they are HOT!

PS: if no one has seen his encore performance of prayer at his HOT concert, (b/c it wasn't in the DVD) here's the link for that too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNKAD_2lTI

I think i'm just gonna drown myself in taeyang until "wedding dress" comes out :)

Guest ashleymc

Mr. Yang Hyun Suk (mrYG), CEO of YG Entertainment just released a statement on YGE’s official website talking about, among other things, Tae Yang’s upcoming solo comeback. Here is a quick summary of what he said:

“Wedding Dress” will be released on November 13th as a digital single along with a music video. (At 11am Korean Time)

Unlike, “Where U At,” he will be promoting this songs through radio shows and TV broadcasts.

mrYG said he understands the fan’s frustrations regarding the lack of the company’s promotional efforts and “whines about how difficult it is to promote in this fast changing environment. We speculate he’s referring to the problems he had with several broadcasting companies such as MBC/KBS during G-Dragon’s activities. We predict as a consequence, Tae Yang will probably appear on SBS and Mnet shows only.

It was Tae Yang’s idea to release two digital singles before dropping the full album, probably in order to extend the length of his promotional period.

He mentioned that they are trying out a new promotional strategy and will promote as long as needed.

Shaun Evaristo and Lyle Beniga went to Korea a few weeks ago, not only to perform with Tae Yang, but to choreograph for “Wedding Dress” and the MV.

There was no mention of the actual album besides that “Where U At” is the first track and “Wedding Dress” is not the title track, which means Tae Yang will be promoting another song once the album is released.

And mrYG ends with: 모두들 안녕히 계세요.. 꾸벅 ~ (영배~ 화! 이! 팅 !)

or “Goodbye everyone…With a bow ~ (Youngbae Fi! igh! ting!)”

Source: ygfamily.com

Thank you pgeorgie for most of the translations.

EDIT: full translated message

Hello. It’s Yang Hyun Seok. (bow~)

Today, I’m going to bring the new about Taeyang’s solo activity.

Taeyang’s second digital single

We’ll release Taeyang’s second digital single ‘Wedding dress’ tomorrow(13/11).

Wedding dress co-composed by Teddy and Taeyang is planned on being broadcasted till the end of this year differently from ‘Where u at’.

And the music video directed by Jang Jae Hyuk is scheduled to be released tommorrow at the same time.

I think fans have been waiting for Taeyang’s full-length album feel dubious of the news that he’s releasing digital singles several times.

Also, I think you feel dissatisfied with what particular publicities or broadcasting activities were not proceeded, and with the way of publicities without any teaser video looking unfaithful.

I believe a singer, a entertainment and fans have the same ambition to have all songs eagerly prepared to be given wider publicity. But in this different circumstance from some years ago that off-line sale was leading, it’s not easy to go on (succeeding?/following?/secondary?) songs.

As it’s difficult that No.1 song on on-line popularity charts keep up the place, the pattern of listening to music got to be fast. Because of a lot of new songs and frequent comebacks of singers according to the on-line music market, I think that the footing of broadcasting stations reluctant to accept activities of succeeding songs stand for the change of the domestic pop market.

Taeyang’s promotion is, according to his request, focused on the way he could do activities as for a long while as possible. That look like the typical American style releasing full-length albums after releasing singles, but it’s different that the succeeding songs are released ahead and the title song is released with the release of the full-length album contrary.

In other words, the first digital single ‘Where u at’ is the first track of the full-length album and Weddig dress released tomorrow was supposed to be the succeeding song.

Taeyang prepared himself thoroughly. Last month, the foreign choreographers have visited Korea not for appearing on the stage of ‘Where u at’ but the choreo practice of ‘Wedding dress’.

Taeyang’s solo activities after 1 year and 6 months… Tomorrow is the start eventually. I look forward to the good result becuase he prepared hard. Please cheer him up much.

Good bye, everyone.. bow~ (Youngbae~ hwa! ie! ting!)

cr:alwaystaeyang.wordpress.com

^^thanks for the trans

can't wait for the song!!!

so wedding dress is still not the title track..lol

but I'm not complaining..instead so happy that he will promote more than one song!!!

mrYG said he understands the fan’s frustrations regarding the lack of the company’s promotional efforts and “whines about how difficult it is to promote in this fast changing environment. We speculate he’s referring to the problems he had with several broadcasting companies such as MBC/KBS during G-Dragon’s activities. We predict as a consequence, Tae Yang will probably appear on SBS and Mnet shows only.

i don't think your speculation is right..

the fans were not happy with the lack of GD's promotion

I think what is meant by "difficult it is to promote in this fast changing environment"

is that the competition in the Kpop entertainment is so tough right now and BB is busy with activities in Japan ..so YG need to have a new strategy

so YG has came up with a new promotional strategy as he mentioned on his message

"He mentioned that they are trying out a new promotional strategy and will promote as long as needed."

but that's just my opinion^^

Guest sw8et_vietgurl

9 more hours to Taeyang's new mtv on Gomtv! I'm very excited, cant wait to watch!

haha me too, goona stay up until 2AM today just for him lol

Good bye, everyone.. bow~ (Youngbae~ hwa! ie! ting!)

lol

Guest universe

i'm happy that Taeyang will be promoting for as long as possible. possibly till the end of Feb? i dun want him to perform too long too coz it will get really tiring. please take care of yourself Taeyang!

well i'm glad YG realise VIPs are dissatified with the way they promote for GD's solo. i do hope things will change for Taeyang. which is, better planned promotions and hopefully more public exposure. Bigbang have not really reached the stage of selling without promoting yet.

can't wait....just a few hours more! too bad i have a full day at school tomorrow and can only listen to Wedding Dress at night :(

those giffs of taeyang up there just killed me!!!! omo i can't wait for Wedding Dress! and it's not the title song! so there's another song! omo it's gonna be even better! can't wait!!!

OK am I reading too much into this?! Taeyang and the dancer? I see him playing around...lol...he's rehearsing with the dancer and big bang members and when she's about to go he holds unto her shirt but you can't see his expression though only hers for a second...lol...first time seeing him kinda playful and joking with a girl...it happens around :44 sec...if you were bored like me you'll notice it...lol...only a few more hours til wedding dress!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMYdPO6EdYw

Knowing that it's only 3 more hours but that I have to leave in an hour to go to work is so heartbreaking!!! I don't want to go to work! I want to see TAEYANG IN WEDDING DRESS!!!

Guest iAmTan_1

I thought that this thread was going to be more active that this........Is anybody else excited about "Wedding Dress" M/V. Just three more hours.....ehhhhhhhh.

I am so excited it is ridiculous! I have been waiting all week for this and now it is just hours away!!

I might actually die watching the music video, I might actually have a heart attack during it.

I don't understand why the thread is not that active yet. I have been stalking it for hours! hahahaha

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

After reading YG's statement, Taeyang have alot of control over his solo stuff this time like GD's.

I don't know, but it seems that Big Bang boys has alot more freedom these days compare to other artists...I hope that's a good thing. XD

So that means that Shaun & Lyle will also be doing the dance for "Wedding Dress"? OMG~ I can't wait now!

All this time I thought the album will be release tomorrow, but appearently not....it's only another single until a new album next year....Whatever...I can't wait for the MV now!

Guest flyaway.

I thought that this thread was going to be more active that this........Is anybody else excited about "Wedding Dress" M/V. Just three more hours.....ehhhhhhhh.

I am! I've been waiting for Wedding Dress ever since that preview from Where U At. Sounds awesome already~

But it sucks cause I won't be at home when it comes out. I'll have to wait 'til tonight (8-10 hours later) to see it. :(

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^

^never seen that rehearsal clip before. thanks! ^^

ah, but it doesn't really look like taeyang is being playful. he looks pretty serious (as usual) and seems like the dancer missed her cue and was leaving too early in the routine

can't wait for wedding dress~~! im so excited to see the mv

Guest dilaniw

IM SOO EXCITED!! LOL

It's cuz I have a paper due tomorrow, so I can't spazz as much as I would like to...but i will definitely be w/ everyone else when the mv is released in.....omo LESS THAN 2 HOURS!!!

and for those who don't know, we are gonna try and get #taeyang to be a trending topic on twitter again! we'll need your help to make it happen! this time we're aiming for #1 BABY! (#6 was great..but that was just a prelude.... :) )

I'm definitely excited, been waiting for this song to come out since the preview. Plus just because it's YB, then I'm excited. He's my bias. ;D I'm supposed to be doing my essay, so I am but keep on coming back on here. Cannot wait for the official release! YB, I know you'll do great in whatever<333

Guest xlonlix

Super excited to see/hear his new song. I've been waiting the whole entire week. So close!

Only a few hours to go. <3

I topped the page. Sorry, I have nothing new to share.

Guest blackjackVip

OMG!....

TAEYANG's Wedding dress MV is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMO OMO~.....

WAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the singing, while dancing....and OMO the skinship with the main girl!!!.. AND the BEST part, the holding hands in the beach, and he KISSED her HAND!!!...waaah! i'm so jealous!!! LOvin' the 6 pack abs man! he sooo sexy....

LMAO ^^ kidding....haha... sorry, i just really can't wait for it already!...

GOSH!...

hmmm.... to kill time i'm gonna watch his HOT concert performance...teehee ^^

be back later to spazz!!!!!!!!!!!....