[ Phil. Drama 2008 ] I Love Betty La Fea

kim_sienna

[ABS-CBN] Bea Alonzo, John Lloyd Cruz
I Love Betty La Fea (stylized as i ♥ Betty La Fea) is a Philippine drama series currently airing on ABS-CBN, which is based on the Colombian series Yo soy Betty, la Fea.

thi-love-betty-la-fea.jpg

Format : Dramedy

Created by : Fernando Gaitán

Directed by : Erick Salud

Don Cuaresma

Country of origin : Philippines

Official Website : I Love Betty La Fea

Language(s) : Filipino, English

Original Run : September 08, 2008 - Present

Running Time : 30 - 45 minutes

Origin

This popular telenovela from Colombia breathes life to the story of Betty, an aesthetically-challenged career-oriented girl who happens to work in a posh advertising agency known as Eco Moda Manila. In an industry where everyone thrives on beauty and perfection, her lack of good looks and outdated sense of fashion make her an instant outcast amongst her superficial colleagues. Despite her shortcomings, Betty’s capabilities and innate kindheartedness have gained her a set of loyal friends.

Betty’s lackluster life, however, heads a turn for the better (or is it for worse?) when she meets the man of her dreams Armando, the President of Eco Moda Manila. How will Betty catch the elusive heart of someone who’s way out of her league? Is it possible that a good-looking guy like Armando will eventually fall in love with a certified ugly duckling?

Cast and Characters

Bea Alonzo as Beatriz Pengson – Her intellectual capabilities and excellent organizational skills make her the perfect secretary for any top-brass executive. The problem lies in her hideous appearance, which has always been a butt of jokes. Yet not even such harsh treatment can deter her from achieving her goals and from being a nice girl towards other people.

John Lloyd Cruz as Armando Solis – He is the epitome of a sophisticated and adventurous bachelor who remains a certified ladies’ man, despite his soon-to-be-married status with his possessive girlfriend, Marcella. But the truth is that Armando has no choice but to give in to all her demands because her family happens to co-own the company where he works.

Ruffa Gutierrez as Daniella – As the SVP of the ad agency co-owned by her family, it is her job to make sure that everything is under control in Ecomoda Manila. Her doubts regarding Armando’s capabilities, however, often create a rift between them. Knowing that he’s the fiancé of her younger sister only intensifies her belief that he’s nothing but a first-class gigolo.

Vhong Navarro as Nicholas Mora – One can easily single him out in a crowd because of his attention-getting baduy outfit: high-waisted pants, checkered polo shirt, and suspenders. Coupled with his weird personality, Nicholas is indeed the exact male counterpart of his best friend Betty La Fea. It is his fervent wish to win the heart of his dream girl, Patricia.

Megan Young as Marcella – Born with a silver spoon on her mouth and used to getting everything she wants, Marcella makes her boyfriend suffer the most because of her domineering attitude, which is similar to that of her older sister, Daniella. Since she is aware of Armando's womanizing ways, she keeps him under her beck and call at all times.

Supporting Cast

Ai Ai delas Alas as Julia Pengson - mother of Betty

Ronaldo Valdez as Hermes Pengson - father of Betty

Alessandra De Rossi as Cristina Larson - Armando's ex-girlfriend

Meryll Soriano as Maria Rosario "Rose" Sanchez - secretary of Daniella, best friend of Betty

Sam Concepcion as Andrew Pengson - younger brother of Betty

Wendy Valdez as Patricia Suarez - the other secretary of Armando. Her surname is the same as Betty's in Ugly Betty.

Joem Bascon as Mario Collantes

Randolf Stamatelaky as Randy

Ronnie Liang as Enrique Robles

Thou Reyes as Hugo Bosini

Sheryn Regis as Kylie Torres - one of Betty’s defenders, secretary of Mario Collantes, best friend of Armando

Marvin Yap as Bart

Lloyd Zaragoza as Roman

Kent Howell as Keoh Santos

Krystel Moreno as Jen

Arlene Tolibas as Celina "Cely" Perez - secretary of Marcella Valencia

CJ Jaravata as Clarita Flores - secretary of Enrique Robles

Sammy Villaresis as Caloy - security guard

Jojo Alejar as Mac Olarte

Jayson Gainza as Adolfo Robles

Nan Clenuar as Mickey

Bam Romana as Donald

Jane Oineza as young Betty

John Prats

Flora Gasser as Floring - janitress

Riza Santos

Dido dela Paz as Roberto Solis - Armando's father and a President of Ecomoda Manila

Christian Vasquez as young Roberto Solis

BETTY LA FEA AROUND THE GLOBE

Colombia - Yo Soy, Betty La Fea

Israel - Esti Ha'mechoeret אסתי המכוערת

India - Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin

Turkey - Sensiz Olmuyor

Germany - Verliebt in Berlin

Russia - Ne Rodis' Krasivoy

Mexico - La fea más bella

Netherlands - Lotte

Spain - Yo Soy Bea

USA - Ugly Betty

Greece - Maria, i Asximi

Flemish version - Sara

Croatio - Ne daj se, Nina

Czech Republic - Ošklivka Katka

Portugal - Tudo Por Amor

China - Chou Nu Wu Di

Vietnam - Cô Gái Xấu Xí'

Philippines - I love Betty La Fea!

credits:

abs-cbn.com, wikipedia

Guest whizzer's_rose

ha! I'm waiting for this series though and it's good to know that Bea would be paired with a new love interest. Bea and the original Betty La Fea from columbia looked a bit a like especially in Bea's clear commercial but ironically, the original Betty was a pantene endorser (correct me if I'm wrong). I was thinking that KC might do the project but then Bea's Ok.

• 2 months later...
Guest discofuse

Ugh gross, i don't like Bea Alonzo but I Love Betty La Fea.

But then hoping this to be good since Bea's really a good actress. :D

Guest imogene_af

Heh. I like Bea, she's a brilliant actress but she has to test the waters without John Lloyd.

Did you see her in Betty gear? I think she's the perfect Betty.

Guest keczianthei

i love bea

hope this doesnt dissappoint

too bad lloydy isn't her partner for this

then who is it gonna be?

Guest ljane

then who is it gonna be?

Vhong Navarro, i believe. Although I'm not a big fan of the age gap :/

It looks ok...I think i might give it a try

^i don't think vhong is the main leading man..everyone is still guessing who is going to be her leading man...

i just wished that they would change the title..i would love it if it's in tagalog not in spanglish!

• 1 month later...
Guest whizzer's_rose

I like the coffee joke when armando asked patricia to bring him coffee...I just hoped that they should have made betty a bit uglier like perhaps, pimple? You can still see through her beautiful face. The set is very nice, highclass and you can see that this series got a better budget than my girl. I like the series....

Archived