[drama 2008] War Of Flowers / Tazza 타짜

Guest huangsy

Guest Jill4675

Hi there,

Here is a belated summary of ep 17. I wrote this relying on my memory, so something important could be missing. I will add more if I come up with more later.

love-085.gif

wils, love0030.gif thank you once again for a really helpful summary that clarifies a few things for me regarding a couple of key conversations!! ;) You are taking good care of us!! sLo_grouphug3.gif

It's really hard to wait until next week to find out what happens next! Meantime, I can rewatch this week's episodes for the :wub: artistic :wub: qualities!! Cool_717.gif

sunglasses2.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks hjkomo for sharing the awesome caps and thoughts!

One more exception would be Jjakgui seems to suffer from a disease. He keeps touching his heart area..I noticed.

Yeah, I noticed that, too...wonder if he's terminally ill or something. :unsure:

Thanks for keeping up your Goddess status with the wonderful summaries! :D

I adore his "elfin" smile...have you seen our conversation about JH's "faces" over on the JH thread? A few laughs there...
I did catch some of it. Better go back and take better look. :)

That man can do some great things with his mouth, eh? :w00t:

Some random comments in no particular order...I really had a lot of thoughts as I watched and I'm sure I forgot a number of things I meant to say...
You hit all the great points. B)

hjkomo: watch for these JH lines ~ "Straight frush" and "Dong-Choon-a, long time, no see!" rotfl.gif
Luv hearing Goni's Engrish... Speaking of which, I noticed when Jjak Gui and Goni were discussing the guy from Macau (Ep. 17), they kept saying Triad...guess that's the term in any language...
Yup, caught all JH's hilarious Engrish. :P

~ at the poker game...flush, bluff, all in, and straight flush... :lol:

~ to Jjak Gui afterwards...one-go, two-go, seu-ri-go, poh-go... :w00t:

~ Hey, Gye Dong Choon-i, long time, no see! and "teamwork" :lol:

But.....I AM a little distressed about the further deterioration of YM's morals......Sad_839.gif

Because....I hope we are not facing one of those "bad guy apologizes just before he dies" endings......sFun_bangdesk.gif

Actually, I'm more concerned about Goni's downward spiral. :ph34r: The days of his innocent, pure heart are long gone, and as I mentioned before, he's hell-bent on revenge, but now it's against YM. :tears: What struck me more than YM's fury at Dong Choon for stealing the tape (we've seen this sudden burst of emotion from him before), was the look of pure rage on Goni's face when he found out that YM was the on who killed Dae Ho. If Goni hadn't have needed DC to get the tape, he could've strangled DC right there on the spot. :ph34r:

wils mentioned free will vs. determinism, and what's great about this drama is that we see this question in regards to both YM and Goni.

After the Macao king gave Goni the $5 million (although Goni only took half - on principle), Jjak Gui gave Goni an "out," saying that Goni could take his family and the girl he loves and live comfortably for the rest of his life. But Goni would rather take revenge for his father, the injustice over being falsely accused, Dae Ho's disappearance, and for forcing the woman he loves into becoming a "designer." As long as the men responsible are still alive, he says he can't start anew.

What will Goni do when he comes face-to-face with YM? :unsure: (and I'll borrow your emoticon, Jill, if you don't mind) Sad_839.gif

Guest Jill4675

Actually, I'm more concerned about Goni's downward spiral. :ph34r: The days of his innocent, pure heart are long gone, and as I mentioned before, he's hell-bent on revenge, but now it's against YM. :tears: What struck me more than YM's fury at Dong Choon for stealing the tape (we've seen this sudden burst of emotion from him before), was the look of pure rage on Goni's face when he found out that YM was the on who killed Dae Ho. If Goni hadn't have needed DC to get the tape, he could've strangled DC right there on the spot. :ph34r:

wils mentioned free will vs. determinism, and what's great about this drama is that we see this question in regards to both YM and Goni.

After the Macao king gave Goni the $5 million (although Goni only took half - on principle), Jjak Gui gave Goni an "out," saying that Goni could take his family and the girl he loves and live comfortably for the rest of his life. But Goni would rather take revenge for his father, the injustice over being falsely accused, Dae Ho's disappearance, and for forcing the woman he loves into becoming a "designer." As long as the men responsible are still alive, he says he can't start anew.

What will Goni do when he comes face-to-face with YM? :unsure: (and I'll borrow your emoticon, Jill, if you don't mind) Sad_839.gif

The showdown between Goni and YM is what has been concerning me from the beginning...I can only innocent0001.gif the writers do a decent job...but I'm not looking forward to it... :huh:worried.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Guest Jill4675

Adorable! :wub:

I'll try to post my caps tonight (I have to sort through them first because there were so many. :blush:)

We'll look forward to the :wub: caps :wub:!

I made a quickie gif of the tape scene. It's really too long for a decent gif, so I had to have a choppy transition...but... love0052.gif

gif2bfig.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Hi ladies~

I dropped by the thread last night and wanted to share my reactions, but I was so tired that I couldn't concentrate on writing. hehehe...So here I am.

Jill, you did an excellent job! Haha...he looks like playing with the mini tape!!!

You made a good point. I also think the frame of free will vs. determinism can be applied to both YM and Goni. How they came to the current stage can be explained by both situational factors and individuals' choices. The difference would be where they stand between the two extremes in terms of their perception of what they are doing. Both are driving a car on the icy road. YM thinks he has to keep going because there is no other way - perceiving the situations in which he was located have forced him to do what he has done and is doing. On the other hand, Goni thinks he has to keep going because he has to reach a destination - to punish injustice. The scene where Goni cried over what Dae Ho said to him - he should forget about what happened to get disconnected from the unbroken chain of the past, reveals Goni's inner struggle to overcome his rage and headlong rush to revenge. He knows there is a way out, but he can't take the opt out. He keeps repeating "I am sorry." He cried over not being able to forget about the past, not being able to stop himself, not being able to follow DaeHo's words, and probably not being able to forgive YM. (Oh.man..I rewatched ep 17, and couldn't help but cry at this scene again. :tears: )

Anyway...the reconciling point for both would be YM finally gets to see other aspect of the path he chose and Goni gets to better understand YM by looking at the situational factors forcing YM to become what he is. But the reconciliation won't be that easy as they went too far. The worst ending would be a sudden reconciliation of both like the one of Scale of Providence. :ph34r:

As for the scene where Goni showed the fury and rage on the fact Dae Ho was killed and it was done by YM, I could stop, at the moment, thinking about what would happen next. I put aside any concern and worry about what he would do against YM at the moment. I was completely into Goni's emotions; his anger, fury, rage, or whatever. His feelings are so real that I feel as if I am inside his mind. I would understand him even if he would have strangled KDC on the spot. (scary, right?? :huh: ) His tear slowly flowing on his cheek, along with the rage, adds more depth to his feelings. BTW, did you notice other actors looking at the scene? When Goni barely turned back from KDC, the camera spotted Go Kwang Reol's red and teary eyes. I bet that's the very reaction to Goni's action. That is one of the best performances JH has shown in Tazza. The actor playing KDC also showed a good performance too. B)

wils, I am laughing at your Scale of Providence comment...because it's so true! :lol:

I made a quickie gif of the tape scene. It's really too long for a decent gif, so I had to have a choppy transition...but...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/Jil...uk/gif2bfig.gif

:sweatingbullets: OMO!!!

Jill, I must borrow another one of your emoticons. thunk.gif

I love all the shots with reflection (literal and figurative) in this episode. :)

Check out the stonework pattern reflected in Goni's shades.

tazzae17720phdtvx264reprp1.jpg:sweatingbullets:

tazzae17720phdtvx264rephg1.jpg

Ep. 17 was exciting because it went back to the great gambling scenes. But, I wonder whose hands these are below.

tazzae17720phdtvx264repnt7.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264repwf3.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repkh1.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264replx5.jpg

What's with Agui's hair again, and why is he dressed like Sammy Davis, Jr.? :blink:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repvg1.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264repdx3.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repme9.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264repdt3.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264reppn5.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264repyy0.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264reppi8.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repyg1.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repzz8.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264repoi9.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repxf3.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264reptn3.jpg

Maybe, these really are JH's glasses. :huh:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repwk1.jpg

Jill, I'm with you 100% on this scene. :wub:

Perhaps, another gif is needed? :D

tazzae17720phdtvx264repta6.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repvz4.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repcz3.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repto4.jpg:sweatingbullets:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repad1.jpg:sweatingbullets:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repbv3.jpg:sweatingbullets:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repon3.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repom7.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repzw1.jpg

Can I be that coffee cup, too? :D (I do love coffee, too.)

tazzae17720phdtvx264repxp5.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264repkm7.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repnf3.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264repkk8.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repsj6.jpgtazzae17720phdtvx264repka0.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repth5.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264replj0.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repko0.jpg

The few seconds of this scene that wils had mentioned were great (JH's superb acting, of course),

but the rest of it was bleh... :rolleyes:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repfv5.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repli4.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repuy6.jpg<_<

Goni should just drop NS and take Yoo Ra instead. :ph34r:

I'd be perfectly fine with that. :lol:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repjy0.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264rephk9.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264reptb9.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repkd7.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repwd6.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repul1.jpg

Love the way she chews her gum. :lol:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repvj4.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264reper5.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repum2.jpg

More Ep.17 caps

The first of two fantastic nighttime window scenes.

tazzae17720phdtvx264repbq9.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repkn0.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repej6.jpg

That's a big No-No, Goni! :phew: But what's a traffic violation when you're a fugitive for murder, right? :lol:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repwo1.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repqp7.jpg

Since when did they travel backwards in time to the 70's? :crazy::w00t:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repuw1.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repdu2.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repnq8.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repru4.jpg

JH really was amazing in this scene. :D

tazzae17720phdtvx264repyj1.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repwc0.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repbo3.jpg

The second fantastic window scene.

tazzae17720phdtvx264repxy6.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repoj5.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repdr0.jpg

Ooh...shiny piece of goodness...all dressed in black...and one cool leather jacket. B):wub:

tazzae17720phdtvx264repey1.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repin8.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264reprh4.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repqn9.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repgh5.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repkg9.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repnr0.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repal0.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repgg7.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repof0.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264repjk9.jpg

tazzae17720phdtvx264reped1.jpg

The wardrobe designer must really love scarves. :lol:

tazzae17720phdtvx264reppo0.jpg

wils, I am laughing at your Scale of Providence comment...because it's so true! :lol:

I love all the shots with reflection (literal and figurative) in this episode. :)

Check out the stonework pattern reflected in Goni's shades.

Ep. 17 was exciting because it went back to the great gambling scenes. But, I wonder who's hands these are below.

What's with Agui's hair again, and why is he dressed like Sammy Davis, Jr.? :blink:

Jill, I'm with you 100% on this scene. :wub:

Can I be that coffee cup, too? :D

The few seconds of this scene that wils had mentioned were great (JH's superb acting, of course),

but the rest of it was bleh... :rolleyes:

I'd be perfectly fine with that. :lol:

Thanks hjkomo for posting the awesome caps as usual. You are the best!

the stonework pattern reflected in Goni's shades --> I did not notice this! You have a sharp eye as usual!

Keke...everything about KMJ makes you crazy~ haha... Don't let your hubby know it, right???

I agree with the scene where YM stares at NS so badly. He's hwatt!

Oh..no...I still want Goni and NanSook to get together! I hope writers give better scripts for this poor couple and HYS gives a better romance acting. B)

The first of two fantastic nighttime window scenes.

That's a big No-No, Goni! :phew: But what's a traffic violation when you're a fugitive for murder, right? :lol:

JH really was amazing in this scene. :D

The second fantastic window scene.

Ooh...shiny piece of goodness...all dressed in black...and one cool leather jacket. B):wub:

I also love the reflection scenes.

Haha..I thought GoGo couple wearing that stupid-looking sunglasses so funny!!!!!

Thanks again hjkomo for sharing the caps with fantastic descriptions. :lol:

Guest Jill4675

wils, I am laughing at your Scale of Providence comment...because it's so true! :lol:Haven’t seen or even heard of this drama…I certainly hope we aren’t headed that way…don’t think so… :huh:

:sweatingbullets: OMO!!!

Jill, I must borrow another one of your emoticons. Be my guest; desperate situations call for desperate measures... love-smiley-007.gif

I love all the shots with reflection (literal and figurative) in this episode. :) Check out the stonework pattern reflected in Goni's shades. I absolutely noticed these shots…wonderful!! There have been a lot of "reflection in the glasses" shots...we can go all the way back to when KMJ as YM (I feel like I want to refer to him as HRH KMJ... <_< ) wore the special tinted glasses so that he could read the marked cards dealt by NS... I love this type of shot! :)

What's with Agui's hair again, and why is he dressed like Sammy Davis, Jr.? :blink: I don’t know what’s going on with his various “looks” :lol:

Maybe, these really are JH's glasses. :huh: I made the same comment some time ago…these could well be his frames…poor guy needs glasses after all the script reading he has to do…! 400_wearing_glasses.gif

Jill, I'm with you 100% on this scene. :wub: Good lord, I must invest in a home defibrillator…these caps are almost too much for me… GORGEOUS! I totally love the way KMJ did that scene...it was perfect...perfect...perfect! :sweatingbullets:computer-20.gif (BTW, are you secretly controlling my computer or am I controlling yours? Because I started making caps earlier today and I swear we focused on many of the same shots!!! Yeah, great minds think alike!)

Can I be that coffee cup, too? :D (I do love coffee, too.) DITTO

The few seconds of this scene that wils had mentioned were great (JH's superb acting, of course), but the rest of it was bleh... :rolleyes: I’ve said the same thing. There is really no chance we’ll be disabused of our opinions after 17 episodes…I think the writers gave up too.

I'd be perfectly fine with that. :lol: You bet!

Love the way she chews her gum. :lol:

More Ep.17 caps

The first of two fantastic nighttime window scenes. These were absolutely marvelous!!! You, wils, and I seem to be zeroing in on all the same great shots in Eps. 16 and 17!! Great minds and all that…

JH really was amazing in this scene. :DWe all agree here, that’s for sure!

The second fantastic window scene. The PD and camera people are excellent in staging these scenes.

Ooh...shiny piece of goodness...all dressed in black...and one cool leather jacket. B):wub: Of course, this is another of my early observations…but I don’t mind saying it again…KMJ can do wonders with a gorgeous leather jacket…

Ever since I foolishly updated my Flash Player, I am having so much trouble with my browser…which can suddenly CLOSE on me… I also loaded a PayPal addon, but I’m starting to think that Adobe is to blame. At any rate, it is driving me NUTS…because it is random…to be safe, however, I wrote this in Word…I’ll just add some emoticons and pray my browser stays open… :crazy:

I’ll add a couple of little comments: Was anyone else going “Ewww,” in the restaurant scene where Agui kept eating noisily and talking with his mouth full…it went on and on…gross!!! They really highlighted his uncouth behavior in that scene…

th_agui1.jpgth_agui2.jpgth_agui3.jpg

Let’s admire this heartbeat.gif cute heartbeat.gif face:

th_cutegoni.jpg <”Straight frush!”

wils, I always enjoy your comments because you really see into the scenes and dialogue and you often make me review my own reactions! wils and hjkomo, it’s such a pleasure to discuss this drama with you, my fellow JH fans and KMJ fan(s)…I think we can persuade wils to join forces eventually…can she really hold out against this? [i won't even post a thumbnail here... :blush: I'll go for a full-sized cap!]

downward-glance.jpg <Master of the silent downward glance…look at those eyes! :wub:

sunglasses2.gif

Ever since I foolishly updated my Flash Player, I am having so much trouble with my browser…which can suddenly CLOSE on me… I also loaded a PayPal addon, but I’m starting to think that Adobe is to blame. At any rate, it is driving me NUTS…because it is random…to be safe, however, I wrote this in Word…I’ll just add some emoticons and pray my browser stays open… :crazy:

I’ll add a couple of little comments: Was anyone else going “Ewww,” in the restaurant scene where Agui kept eating noisily and talking with his mouth full…it went on and on…gross!!! They really highlighted his uncouth behavior in that scene…

Let’s admire this cute face:

”Straight frush!”

wils, I always enjoy your comments because you really see into the scenes and dialogue and you often make me review my own reactions! wils and hjkomo, it’s such a pleasure to discuss this drama with you, my fellow JH fans and KMJ fan(s)…I think we can persuade wils to join forces eventually…can she really hold out against this? [i won't even post a thumbnail here... :blush: I'll go for a full-sized cap!]

Jill, as for your browser, have you tried to restore your system to the point priror to updating our flash player? That could be one of the ways you can try.

Haha...whenever Agui's annoyingly eating, I have the same reaction as yours. Well...although that's his strategy to send a message to his contestant -- he can do whatever if needed, he doesn't care what others think of him, etc., that act itself is gross..yah... :crazy:

It's a great pleasure for me to talk with you about the same drama, too. Haha..I've watched some of KMJ's dramas so far, and I loved one of his characters, Jae Bok in Ireland, but wasn't into KMJ himself...hehe... Besides, I don't have a big capacity for many hot guys. :sweatingbullets: But..well..let's see..who knows? :phew::rolleyes:

Keke...everything about KMJ makes you crazy~ haha... Don't let your hubby know it, right???

I agree with the scene where YM stares at NS so badly. He's hwatt!

SHHHHH!!!!!! The less he knows, the better. :lol:

Oh..no...I still want Goni and NanSook to get together! I hope writers give better scripts for this poor couple and HYS gives a better romance acting. B)
Well, I'm with Jill on this one. It's already been 17 episodes, any they haven't convinced us. I'm not holding out on hope. ;)

Yeah, I noticed it, too. KGS does uncouth so well. Ewww. :crazy:

downward-glance.jpg <Master of the silent downward glance…look at those eyes! :wub:
:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Haha..I've watched some of KMJ's dramas so far, and I loved one of his characters, Jae Bok in Ireland, but wasn't into KMJ himself...hehe... Besides, I don't have a big capacity for many hot guys. :sweatingbullets: But..well..let's see..who knows? :phew::rolleyes:
His character was great in Ireland, but not the handsome hawtness we see here...more on the eccentric side. (Actually, I haven't had a chance to finish Ireland. :ph34r: Must make time now that it's being uploaded at Aigoo.)

But if you're looking for him super hawt, Damo is the way to go. I loved his character there. Too bad the ending sucked.

Guest Jill4675

SHHHHH!!!!!! The less he knows, the better. :lol:Hope he doesn't have a Soompi screenname... crossfingers.gif

His character was great in Ireland, but not the handsome hawtness we see here...more on the eccentric side. (Actually, I haven't had a chance to finish Ireland. :ph34r: Must make time now that it's being uploaded at Aigoo.) Haven't seen Ireland...should I make the effort? Somebody tell me! I actually have a lot of stuff to watch that could keep me busy for quite some time, but I can always make time for KMJ if it would be worthwhile! ;)

But if you're looking for him super hawt, Damo is the way to go. I loved his character there. Too bad the ending sucked.I'm with you there. I own the YA dvds of Damo and I'm so glad I bought them. Yeah, the ending was ridiculous, but :wub: he :wub: was her brother, so what else could they do? Actually in this drama I enjoyed all the performances (some good supporting roles) and Lee Seo Jin and Ha Ji Won were very good. I will say that KMJ can definitely brighten up a mediocre or even a bad drama...but I hope I won't have to see him in another censored.gif one...he's too valuable for that!!! sLo_LoveCrazed.gif

helpimonline.gifI think I'd better get to the gym...See you guys later...Eps. 18 and 19 are just around the corner... :)

sunglasses2.gif

His character was great in Ireland, but not the handsome hawtness we see here...more on the eccentric side. (Actually, I haven't had a chance to finish Ireland. :ph34r: Must make time now that it's being uploaded at Aigoo.)

But if you're looking for him super hawt, Damo is the way to go. I loved his character there. Too bad the ending sucked.

If the ending of Damo sucked, you'd better not finish Ireland! Somehow his character ends up with the same fate as the one of Damo. :ph34r:

If the ending of Damo sucked, you'd better not finish Ireland! Somehow his character ends up with the same fate as the one of Damo. :ph34r:

Haha...well, it wasn't necessarily the turn of events of Damo's ending that I didn't like. It was its execution. I think it could have been less rushed and executed better. ;)

I already have a feeling of a not-so-happy ending for Ireland. But that was expected from the beginning. Damo's ending, on the other hand, hits you quick like a ton of bricks. :wacko:

How about Surgeon Bong Dal Hee?

Haha...well, it wasn't necessarily the turn of events of Damo's ending that I didn't like. It was its execution. I think it could have been less rushed and executed better. ;)

I already have a feeling of a not-so-happy ending for Ireland. But that was expected from the beginning. Damo's ending, on the other hand, hits you quick like a ton of bricks. :wacko:

the essence of Ireland is its quirkiness and I think it's getting mixed with quirkiness and conventionality to the ending.

Actually i commented on Surgeon Bong Dal Hee before and deleted the comment later..hehe.....

I couldn't finish Surgeon Bong Dal Hee because I felt sick of the story development in which the main heroine interrupts all the patients of the hospital. :ph34r: If you find it okay with that, you may go ahead. As for KMJ, you know I am not a fan of KMJ's acting...But since you love him in Tazza, you may find him hawt there too. I think his character is very close to the one of Someday. The importance of his character has decreased as the story develops, though.

Guest Jill4675

Back from the gym...

<_< wils, thanks for the warnings...I'll hold off on Ireland and SBDH...I have a feeling I'll be disappointed! :unsure:

hjkomo, I agree with your assessment of Damo...it's just another case of where I was pretty well engaged until the last episode and then "poof": I was annoyed and let down...I think the writers ran out of ideas and instead of getting creative and doing something that could have made a tiny bit of sense, they just took the easy way out. It was good up to the end...and I say that even though I'm definitely not one for the wire work, "Hidden Dragon" stuff...I got into the characters.

I'm wondering what the last 4 hours of Tazza hold for us...there'll be some griping here if they let us down...

Let the writers hear my plea: thplease2-2.gif

Hey, here comes YM on his motorcycle...I think I'll go for a ride! moped.giflaughing-007.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Archived