[drama 2008] War Of Flowers / Tazza 타짜

Guest huangsy

Warning: Ep. 4 SPOILERS below (so, I won't bother shading).

Basically, I'd like to know more about the guy at the airport [now I realize I don't even know if it was the airport or the train station...wasn't paying attention because I was looking at KMJ!!! LOL], who was later rear-ended by Nan-sook...

He's their target (I don't remember the term for a con-artist's victim). He's a jaebol son who likes to gamble millions of dollars.

Phase 1 - Young Min observed his gambling habits in Las Vegas (they both were exiting the airport - but, yeah, I was busy looking at KMJ, too :blush:).

Phase 2 - Jin Ah (Nan Sook) reels him in with her seduction.

Comments: JH and KMJ are looking VERY handsome in the second half of Ep. 4 (and I got to see KMJ smile :) even if it was only a fake smile in the scene at the airport)...actually, everybody is looking better. I still love the music!

I have to say that I was laughing so much in the last minutes of that episode. :lol: When Goni is pretending to be blind...hilarious! I loved that scene! Jang Hyuk does dramatic well and he does comic well! He's got it all! I am enjoying this drama a lot!

Yeah, everyone is looking GOOD in the second half. :sweatingbullets:

And, yes, the music is fantastic! :D

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing - at Goni's blind man rendition! :lol::w00t: I always love watching JH doing comedy.

And Son Hyun Joo with the crimped hair! :w00t:

For me the saddest part of the first half was when Nan Sook was being kidnapped and she tried to call out to Goni, who was completely oblivious. Goni watching his mom get kicked out and then calling Dae Ho & his mom were both sad scenes, too, but I actually prefer when JH's turbulent emotions are a bit more understated. These seemed a little overdone :ph34r: (don't kill me - I still love JH!).

Plus, we already got a gratuitous shirtless JH scene!!! (in the jjimjilbang/sauna) Woohoo!!!! :D:phew::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

What intrigued me about the second half (and I'm eagerly anticipating how KMJ carries out his character's development) was the way Young Min is Nan Sook's self-appointed protector. You can see the way he looks at her, that there's a jumble of emotions - caring and concern over her well-being & safety, guilt over being the cause of her plight, his own loneliness as well as watching hers, sorrow, and longing (though, deep down he knows he can never have her).

I'm excited to see how YM's feelings for Nan Sook

- He does fall in love with her (if he hasn't already), right??? -

will be juxtaposed against GoNan's pure & innocent love.

Gah! I'm so tired. I don't know if my brain's still functioning. :wacko:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jill4675

Warning: Ep. 4 SPOILERS below (so, I won't bother shading).

He's their target (I don't remember the term for a con-artist's victim). He's a jaebol son who likes to gamble millions of dollars.

Phase 1 - Young Min observed his gambling habits in Las Vegas (they both were exiting the airport - but, yeah, I was busy looking at KMJ, too :blush:).

Phase 2 - Jin Ah (Nan Sook) reels him in with her seduction.

Yeah, everyone is looking GOOD in the second half. :sweatingbullets:

And, yes, the music is fantastic! :D

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing - at Goni's blind man rendition! :lol::w00t: I always love watching JH doing comedy.

And Son Hyun Joo with the crimped hair! :w00t:

Gah! I'm so tired. I don't know if my brain's still functioning. :wacko:

hjkomo! Thank you so much for confirming that he is a chaebol son, which is exactly what I figured...he's their "mark"! That much I could tell! ;)

Ha, ha...sauna scene! I made a nice cap of that.... :wub:

...but I actually prefer when JH's turbulent emotions are a bit more understated. These seemed a little overdone :ph34r: (don't kill me - I still love JH!).
I know exactly what you mean...but I still love him, too!!! :lol:

Thanks again for the clarification! :) I always welcome your insights, too!!! (BTW, special thanks if you were posting at past 1 am???!!!)

sunglasses2.gif

i'm so sorry to ask this question coz i was wonderring whether KST has release the sub for episode 1? Can someone update the 1st page of this thread so that ppl will get to know whether the sub is being release or not. I haven't been watching tazza but i've so far downloaded all 4 episode. I've been patiently waiting for the sub. thanks for providing us with the spoilers ...

deemei81: No subs have been released so far as far as I know. I'm also still patiently waiting for subs. There's also a viikii channel for Tazza but last time I checked yesterday they have only finished subbing part 1 (of 8) of episode 1..so yeah it'll be a while before we get subs.

huangsy : will you be updating the first page? Or do you want me to do it and just send you the information? Let me know...

hjkomo : thanks for the clarification. Where have I seen that chaebol's son before? He seems sooo familiar.

Oooh episode 4 (Mon) was a blast! A good mix of melodrama and comedy. A really nice episode.

Jang Hyuk once again showed his versatility as an actor by displaying both his dramatic and comedic skills.

I had a lump on my throat watching him on the phone saying goodbye to his mother. It was so touching seeing Goni feeling utterly and completely wretched for blowing his mom's money away and not having the guts to come home. He couldn't see his mom again because of his shame. Like I've said before Goni is a good kid at heart so his guilt was enormous and his love for his mom so much that he couldn't bear seeing his mom's face. Here he was a kid (18-19 yrs old), never left home and I'm sure very close to his mom making the decision to leave everything and go alone to Seoul. I sensed more than just sadness during his phone conversation. There was sadness, guild, shame, and at the same time fear. These jumble of emotions made him break down sobbing. I think Jang Hyuk's emotions is appropriate here. He's channeling a kid crying and not the adult Goni.

hjkomo -- I know you said you prefer the more understated Jang Hyuk but for me that scene really worked....but heeey I am biased when it comes to Hyuk and I'll be the first one to admit that hehehe.

Another sob moment is of course during

Nan Sook's 'abduction'. As she cried out for Goni amidst muffled cries, Goni passed her totally oblivious to the fact. At the same time we see the dejected Goni wandering off coming to the billiard room to basically say goodbye to Nan Sook but again too ashamed and afraid to actually see her in person. It is even more sad that Nan Sook was gone without Goni knowing of it. So here we have Goni silently wishing Nan Sook to take care of herself while at the same time Nan Sook was crying out for Goni not wanting to leave Goni. Little did they know that their destination was the same - Seoul.

Seoul... the metropolitan city where dreams can be attained or squashed. Three years later we see Goni tending to stables in a race track. Clearly things haven't worked so well for out hero....but fate smiled upon him in the form of a bumbling, clumsy tazza by the name of Go Kwang Yeol. Through a certain incident Go Kwang Yeol decided to attach himself to Goni..Go Kwang Yeol needed back up and who better than Goni to do so. I truly enjoy their moments together. They make such a loveable odd pair. The blind man scene is HILARIOUS. I won't spoil it too much...but they were very very funny. And fate would smile upon our Goni even more as they finally met the master tazza Phyeong Gyeong Jang by the end of the episode.

Now on the other hand Young Min and Nan Sook/JiNa might seem to have better luck than Goni. The two have been working for A-Gui and by this time well taken care of. Yet amidst all the nice clothes,house, cars...we can clearly see that they are not happy. Both joined A-Gui out of desperation and it's clear they didn't enjoy doing that kind of work.

What I find interesting is the interaction between the 'masters' and the 'students'.

A-Gui and Young Min --- For some reason A-Gui have always paid interest to Young Min. Even from the very first time he saw Young Min (and Goni) in Pusan he was already interested in him. I see some parallels between them and Star Wars characters. Young Min as Anakin/Darth Vader for clear reason..turning to the dark side...yet I also see A-Gui as the reverse evil Yoda... he saw the potentials in both Goni and Young Min and he snatched Young Min up. He saw that he could control Young Min but not Goni. He saw in Young Min someone so broken that YM would want to do his bidding. I think he tried getting Goni but Goni wasn't willing to do his bidding (episode 3's challenge to beat the handicapped guy).

Madam Jung and Nan Sook/JiNa --- very interesting dynamic so far. JiNa clearly doesn't think fondly of Madam Jung but somehow on the reverse Madam Jung seem to like Ji Na. I haven't seen enough of the two yet but it seemed like Madam Jung sees Ji Na as her pet project. She even showed attention to the 2 guys going after Ji Na at the university. Madam Jung acted like a big sister or even more like a mother. This is interesting...

Young Min and Nan Sook's relationship look very interesting too. We got a glimpse of the protective YM....wonder how their relationship will develop.

Let's see..what else do I like from ep 4...yes...the music was great as always....the directing and editing nicely done. If I have one complain..it's very very minor... during the fire scene when Young Min got Goni out of the fire...I think I saw Hyuk moved his feet. He was supposed to be unconscious...hmm..and for practicality shouldn't Young Min carry him in the fireman position (slung Goni on his shoulders)? I know..I know...that's just nitpicking. :lol:

Jill : thanks for the heads up on Tazza OST. I'll probably order it a little bit later along with KJK's next album..hehehe.

mandalaywith : thanks for the links and caps.

Jang Hyuk once again showed his versatility as an actor by displaying both his dramatic and comedic skills.

I had a lump on my throat watching him on the phone saying goodbye to his mother. It was so touching seeing Goni feeling utterly and completely wretched for blowing his mom's money away and not having the guts to come home. He couldn't see his mom again because of his shame. Like I've said before Goni is a good kid at heart so his guilt was enormous and his love for his mom so much that he couldn't bear seeing his mom's face. Here he was a kid (18-19 yrs old), never left home and I'm sure very close to his mom making the decision to leave everything and go alone to Seoul. I sensed more than just sadness during his phone conversation. There was sadness, guild, shame, and at the same time fear. These jumble of emotions made him break down sobbing. I think Jang Hyuk's emotions is appropriate here. He's channeling a kid crying and not the adult Goni.

hjkomo -- I know you said you prefer the more understated Jang Hyuk but for me that scene really worked....but heeey I am biased when it comes to Hyuk and I'll be the first one to admit that hehehe.

Yeah, the scene did work, but it's just that it didn't move me to tears like Nan Sook' abduction scene. I had to keep reminding myself that Goni was just a high school student at the time, and that's how a teenager would display his emotions. Once I did that, I was okay with it. :)

I just prefer JH's magic when he conveys a range of emotions with one single look. :D:wub:

What I find interesting is the interaction between the 'masters' and the 'students'.

A-Gui and Young Min --- For some reason A-Gui have always paid interest to Young Min. Even from the very first time he saw Young Min (and Goni) in Pusan he was already interested in him. I see some parallels between them and Star Wars characters. Young Min as Anakin/Darth Vader for clear reason..turning to the dark side...yet I also see A-Gui as the reverse evil Yoda... he saw the potentials in both Goni and Young Min and he snatched Young Min up. He saw that he could control Young Min but not Goni. He saw in Young Min someone so broken that YM would want to do his bidding. I think he tried getting Goni but Goni wasn't willing to do his bidding (episode 3's challenge to beat the handicapped guy).

Madam Jung and Nan Sook/JiNa --- very interesting dynamic so far. JiNa clearly doesn't think fondly of Madam Jung but somehow on the reverse Madam Jung seem to like Ji Na. I haven't seen enough of the two yet but it seemed like Madam Jung sees Ji Na as her pet project. She even showed attention to the 2 guys going after Ji Na at the university. Madam Jung acted like a big sister or even more like a mother. This is interesting...

I loved the psychological manipulation both A-Gui and Madame Jung used on Young Min and Nan Sook, respectively. It was certainly a site to watch. :sweatingbullets:

When YM touched his grandma's picture at her memorial site (and when he vowed to never be downtrodden again), it reminded me again of Anakin after he lost his mother. :(

Go Kwang Yeol is a hoot. Is the running joke going to be that Goni keeps forcing him to jump from precarious heights? :lol:

(I didn't hear if he was afraid of heights. All I remember is that he kept saying he couldn't climb the wall because he was a patient.)

Let's see..what else do I like from ep 4...yes...the music was great as always....the directing and editing nicely done. If I have one complain..it's very very minor... during the fire scene when Young Min got Goni out of the fire...I think I saw Hyuk moved his feet. He was supposed to be unconscious...hmm..and for practicality shouldn't Young Min carry him in the fireman position (slung Goni on his shoulders)? I know..I know...that's just nitpicking. :lol:

Haha...I noticed that, too. I was going - WTH??? - JH just pushed his feet and stood up to help KMJ carry him out! :lol:

Guest fivemagic

Hey guys and everyone including all newbies!

Another WOW! this thread is moving right along... yay! I am so happy to see it's going great.

Thanks all for sharing and posting your comments.

LUV, thanks for episode 4 caps... truly appreciative all of them.

O-CHA, you are awesome and thank you for sharing your thoughts / comments about episode 4... reading all your comments made me really, really want to watch it... very badly... and please do continue to share your insight thoughts with us.

WILS, I don't know if I had missed your episode 4 summaries here but if not, I am looking forward to reading your excellent summaries when you are done writing it.

JILL, thanks for the info from YesAsia... certainly will look into pre-ordering the OST.

MANDALAY, thanks for the episode 5 Ental bigmail download link.

CUE GIRL, thanks for the episode 5 CB link.

HJKOMO, thanks for your little spoiler for episode 4.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORKS CHINGUS!

Oooh episode 4 (Mon) was a blast! A good mix of melodrama and comedy. A really nice episode.

O-cha, I am totally with you. For me, ep 4 is the best among the eppies so far.

Fivemagic, sorry...I haven't had a chance to write a summary yet. I will do it sooner. Sorry again.

Thanks eveyone for sharing the thoughts and screencaps.

Archived