►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest koreanfan74

Hey Blackjacks, DJ poet name Life who works with Will.I.Am mentions 2ne1 album.

Filipino DJ Poet Name Life is taking time out from the Black Eyed Peas to nurture new Asian talent.

The first thing that Jaime Lim Munson does after landing in a new place is to ask his taxi driver to tune to local radio stations.

The man better known as Poet Name Life listens to the music to get a vibe of the place, and with the information he picks up, the two-time Grammy nominee, songwriter and official DJ for the Black Eyed Peas decides the repertoire he's going to play at his gig later that night.

"I always keep up-to-date. I visit blogs, search what the hot stuff is and download it or buy on iTunes. I always keep it fresh," .

Keeping things fresh is the secret behind the success of this 34-year-old DJ, called Poet by his friends but Jaime (pronounced Jaymee) by his family.

The Filipino-American grew up in Los Angeles, where he started writing poems as a primary school student, earning him the moniker "Poet". In high school he began painting murals of everyday experience, and his buddies tagged "Life" on to his nickname.

When he was in sixth grade, his grandmother enrolled him in an orchestra. "At first I hated it, I didn't understand why I had to do it. Now I'm so happy that my grandma cracked the whip on me and made me do that, because otherwise I wouldn't have been exposed to different kinds of music, different variations, and have that much variety. I guess I would be stuck in one thing only, all rock 'n' roll."

He credits his grandmother, now 89, for being the first to believe in his musical talent.

Playing violin in an orchestra forced him to work with others, he says, and helped prepare him for his future collaboration with Black Eyed Peas.

He grew up with will.i.am and apple.de.ap, who he considers best friends and brothers, but chose to stay in the background, song-writing and producing, as their career took off.

"Ever since I was young, I've always wanted to be a music producer like Quincy Jones... I was exposed to friends of the family who were into music and I always thought the cool people were the producers and I was like 'man, I wanna be like them'."

At 18 he produced "Elements", a 12-track album of mostly instrumental music, for the Filipino-American community. He spent US$1,500 (about Bt45,000) - money he saved from working at pizza joints and golf courses - to print 1,000 copies.

"It was sold out!" he recalls. "I only have one copy left in the house... 'Elements' was like a message about social growth... it was really about the big, social movement happening in 1996.... [will.i.am] was on it, it was the time we were waiting for Black Eyed Peas to become big."

With the success he earned producing and song-writing, Poet now wants to expand his work to the Asian region. He recently wrote a track for South Korean pop group 2NE1, which will be on the girls' newest album.

The collaboration with 2NE1 is just the beginning of his foray into the Asian music industry, he says. "That's my goal in 2011... to really tap into Asia and bring my experience as one of the producers and DJ of Black Eyed Peas here."

One of the steps to achieve this goal is through his work with apl.de.ap's record label, Jeepney Music, which aims to promote Filipino artists.

He dreams of opening doors for Asian artists not only in the American market but worldwide. "Everywhere you go, there's an Asian community, whether it's in Brazil, Germany or Australia."

He admits it may be a lofty dream.

"I'm ready. Before, I was going along for the ride, enjoying life," he says. "Now, I really need to grasp my cultural identity of being Asian and push for it, taking the lead on it because the doors are open right now."

Black Eyed Peas is very supportive of his new endeavour, which he says is not a deliberate effort to steer away from the group's shadow. "It's just a fact that I wanna work with other artists and go and step up my individual name. But it's not a conscious thing. I don't know if Asia needs me but I feel I could help break more boundaries, because this is just the tip of the iceberg, it's only the beginning [for Asian music]."

He has no doubts that Asians can break into the hard-to-crack American market, and points to the recent success of electro hip hop quartet Far East Movement, whose members boast Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Filipino ancestry.

"The world now is so open-minded, it's so intermixed. Look at Far East Movement, they're huge and they're Asians but people don't care about that anymore.

"It all comes down to the song... the song-writing and the production, the visuals and style."

While he acknowledges the necessity to adapt to a target market - Filipino singer Charice continues to face criticism for singing like an American - he says the most important thing is to be natural.

"The best thing is not to let anything get into you, and just be yourself. If that's your voice, that's your voice. You've been born and blessed with that voice, so sing it. Don't hide. But you don't go out there and sing with a Western style and say you're not who you are. That's when it's wrong."

And as if to prove his point, he adds, "I talk like an American but I'm Asian! I'm Filipino, absolutely!"

Guest cristina0422

Will is in Seoul? Woah! So now they are continuing the recording of their American album? Yey!

I just observe that most of the people working for YG right now are Filipino-Americans? Just Saying. Great respect for YG for recognizing such talents. From their choreographers - Shaun, Aimee, Lyle, Keone and Mari to DJ Poet who are all Filipino-Americans.

And when is Dara's CF will be out?

dwx99v.jpg

credit:OhDara

Guest kimny

I really wanna meet them hehe.

I like vid of Bom, Dara. They're so cute.

Can't wait for their comeback. what will happen?

Guest dragon-rider

[News] Will.I.Am visits Korea to discuss 2NE1’s U.S. advancement

14062301.jpg

On May 2nd, Will.I.Am made a visit to the YG Entertainment building in Korea for a four hour-long meeting with Yang Hyun Suk, 2NE1, and Teddyregarding 2NE1’s American advancement.Despite it being only a three-day stay, Will.I.Am expressed his excitement in working with 2NE1 by asking the girls to try recording a song that he’s been working on in the States.

Representatives of YG Entertainment commented, “Through Will.I.Am’s visit, we feel that we’ll be able to get closer to materializing a release date for 2NE1’s American advancement album.”

2NE1 is currently scheduled to release their official comeback title track, “Lonely“, on May 12th.

201105022ne1william2.jpg

Source + Photos: Joy News 24 via Naver

Credit: VITALSIGN @AKP

Anyone knows why YG close the youtube video of YG On Air? :(. I hoped it reached millions of views but I recognized YG had made it private after 1 day releasing.

Anyone knows why YG close the youtube video of YG On Air? :(. I hoped it reached millions of views but I recognized YG had made it private after 1 day releasing.

^^ It's available now, with English subs :D

and just read in twitter that Calla Lily will be the front act of 2NE1 in their June concert in Manila, news came from the lead vocalist of the band :)

This week’s “YG ON AIR” to show 2NE1’s “Lonely” MV set, Big Bang’s Japanese tour, & more!

th.f5c51e44ad.jpg

After kicking off their very own internet broadcast last week called “YG ON AIR“, YG Entertainment has followed up with additional news with regards to their second episode.

Their latest ‘YG-Life’ update states:

“We had originally planned to show the 2NE1 version of Park Bom’s ‘Don’t Cry‘ this week, but because we are busily working on the music video for 2NE1’s new song, we unfortunately won’t be able to show it.

In its place, this week’s broadcast will feature news and updates on Big Bang’s Japanese tour, as well as news on Will.I.Am’s visit to the YG Entertainment building. We will also be briefly showing the music video film set for 2NE1’s ‘Lonely‘, which is scheduled for release on May 12th.

YG ON AIR will continue to update fans on Big Bang’s Japanese activities every week. Next week, you can look forward to Bom’s ‘Don’t Cry’ live performance with some of Korea’s greatest session men.

We ask for your interest.”

Source: YG-Life

Credit: Allkpop

Guest sjaikb

110504 Idol Chart Show (MR removed singer) 2NE1 Park Bom

cr:farring100@YT

‘2NE1TV’ returning to Mnet soon?

Mnet’s ‘2NE1TV‘ which is a show that depicts each 2NE1 member’s day-to-day life appears to be returning for another season!

On May 4th, Mnet producer Choi Jae Yoon tweeted,

“Welcome all who are ’senseful’ who would like to make ‘2NE1TV’ with me; whether you’re in manufacturing, a freelancer, or in production ^^“

Producer Choi even revealed his email address (jaeyoonc@hanmail.net) in order to accept resumes from various applicants.

Netizens who came across his post said, “I anticipate what kind of program producer Choi will come out with this time” “Hiring on Twitter, sure is extraordinary” and “I’m excited to see the returning ‘2NE1TV’”

This has captured more attention because an overflow of people have expressed their intent to apply for the job. An Mnet representative stated,

“The preparation of ‘2NE1TV’’s return is in it’s early stages… And though it’s airing date is still up in the air, this Twitter job posting seems to have heightened expectations for the show early on.“

Source: Star News via Nate

cr: allkpop

Guest dfnstrtd

2NE1TV, top 10 cable tv show

EhEWs.jpg

source: http://poisontongue.sisain.co.kr/1672 + dex@DC2NE1

2NE1's Can't Nobody played in a Mexican club

http://www.yg-life.com/archives/10732#more-10732

Park Bom in M!Countdown

IGxBE.jpg

Bom was either, 2nd or 3rd, didn't remember the scores. ^^; Thanks to pink★MIC @DC2NE1 for the caps!

youtube vid 1 (Charts 10-4)

youtube vid 2 (Today's Winner Announcement)

She was higher than her contenders in most of the categories but she got a 0 in one category.

Guest sjaikb

2NE1's schedule

May 12 - Digital Single 'LONELY'

June 2 - Digital Single

June 4 - The Party Concert Philippines

June 7 - Seoul Osaka Music of Heart 2011

June 23 - Mini Album

July 15 - Korean Music Wave Singapore

Archived