►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest bluishme

v5zeix.png

Preorders for Japanese Version of "To Anyone" Available Now

img-resized.png Reduced: 76% of original size [ 800 x 319 ] - Click to view full image511x1h.png

Last week we told you that To Anyone was scheduled for a Japanese relese on December 8th. Well preorders are now available on two major online distributors YesAsia and HMV.

img-resized.png Reduced: 76% of original size [ 800 x 484 ] - Click to view full image2i6nkgn.png

(3392 Japanese yen = ~42 US dollars)

thanks paper chasin' for the caps

Both YesAsia and HMV have full English versions of their site so there should be minimal issues.

YGL recently spoke with one of the marketing manager at YesAsia/Yestyle to discuss the Japanese album and YES all YesAsia Japanese Version sales count towards the Oricon charts.

What is the Oricon Chart you ask?

Oricon monitors and reports on sales of CDs, DVDs, video games, and entertainment content in several other formats; manga and book sales were also formerly covered. They are compiled using data drawn from some 25,120 retail outlets (as of December 2009) and provide sales rankings of music CDs, DVDs, electronic games, and other entertainment products based on weekly tabulations. Results are announced every Tuesday and published in Oricon Style.

The Oricon chart is more akin to the Billboard Charts, it is well respected and not open to as much manipulation as its Korean counterpart the Hanteo Chart. Since this is not an first Japanese album, don't expect it to From what we can

Recall also that we posted caps of 2NE1's Avex Profile. One of our fabulous Tech Admins, Aleena, has (roughly!) translated their profile, it's actually pretty adorable.

img-resized.png Reduced: 72% of original size [ 849 x 852 ] - Click to view full imagejapprofile.png

Superb, realistic, coquette-

The next pop icon appears!

"Outshining the power Lady Gaga x Rihanna- the next generation of pop icon," saying this, anyone who likes music will be forced to notice. Singing rhymes with an edgy sound, unique fashion, makeup and hairstyles, 2NE1 sends out the image of young, lively women and expresses the message- that rather than attempting to flatter someone else, to enjoy your life for yourself. 2NE1 communicates this attitude through their songs and fashion; and focuses on issues that many young adults often face.

The group name, 2NE1 mixes the number 21 with New Evolution, meaning "Evolution of the 21st Century". There are four members: CL (Shi-e-ru), BOM (Bo-mu), DARA (Da-ra), MINZY (Min-ji). All of the members have background in the entertainment industry, either as working as actresses, dancers, and singers. Notably, even die-hard Western fans were mesmerized with their appearance at the 2010 Summer Sonic with Big Bang. With such high turnout, it seems the girls are an active, international phenomenon, led by YG Entertainment.

As the group name suggests, their music style is pop, yet at the same time, it is superb, edgy, and exciting.

Teddy is the sound producer of Big Bang's "Let Me Hear Your Voice" and YG Entertainment's main producer.

He releases grime* and ragatekku*, a fusion of dance hall elements; electro; and R&B/hip-hop beats. He colors the four members' cute vocals with autotune, allowing the girls the freedom to make "Pop Art" cool!

Thanks to M.I.A.'s producer Diplo, known as Dr. Dore, even musical celebrities such as the Black Eyed Peas' Will.I.Am have become captivated by 2NE1.

Like their music, the synchronizing and advancing forms of street culture in 2NE1's quirky, colorful fashion is a big attraction in Japan, and the girls are already leaders for fashionable teens.

In comparison to Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Santigold, M.I.A., La Roux, 2NE1's world is extremely cute.

They are uniquely categorized in "Music & Fashion", already praised as fashionistas of the world.

Designer for Bjork, Madonna, Tegakeru, Jeremy Scott himself provided the original costumes for their album [promotions], which has garnered high interest.

From Asia, the next generation of world-class pop icon will arise. 2NE1 is a prime candidate to do so.

Written by Hayakawa Kanako with Avex.

T/N: * referring to some style of music.

YesAsia, HMV, Wikipedia, and 2NE1's Avex Site

Source:

Translated by Aleena @ygladies.com

Article by: tazanya @ygladies

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Park Bom tearfully describes her close relationship with her deceased aunt

2NE1’s Park Bom shed tears on the set of ”Strong Heart” as she describe the close relationship she had with her aunt.

Many of you remember that back in September, 2NE1TV aired an intimate look into Bom’s private world when she visited her aunt’s grave back in the States. Bom had left some chrysanthemum flowers and a handwritten card at the gravesite, but the segment didn’t go into much detail about why her aunt’s death had affected her so.

On “Strong Heart”, Bom explained that when she moved to America at the age of 8, her aunt took care of her like a mother. Around 10 years ago, her aunt started feeling unwell.

Bom revealed, “She was asking whether or not she should get a checkup by the doctor. I advised her to go, but within a week, her health declined dramatically. She didn’t want to show how sick she was to me, so she sent me away to my friend’s house.”

Her aunt passed away not long after, but Bom wasn’t able to visit her funeral because she did not find out about it in time.

She finally got the opportunity to visit her aunt’s grave while 2NE1 was in the states. She confessed, “I had a lot on my shoulders because I felt so bad that I did not visit her sooner. I wrote her a card and left it there.”

Bom’s aunt was significant to her not just because she took care of her when Bom was young, but because her aunt sincerely supported her dreams. “My parents were against the idea of me becoming a singer but my aunt bought me a casette player and a microphone,” said Bom. “She dropped me off at auditions and cheered me on. She would be so happy to know that I am singer now.”

She ended by recording a video message to her aunt, “I achieved my dreams and became a singer. Thank you for helping me and raising me. I will work harder to become an excellent singer. “

Source: TV report

Credit: allkpop

Guest bluishme

81687201011030392162001.jpg

Seoul Tokyo Festival Press Conference got this from BB thread..

it will be aired on SBS November 12..

Based on the reaction on twitter and some pics..

they were surprised with the popularity of our girls.. wohoo..

and their merchandise were sold-out!!

they sang Go Away, Can't Nobody and Fire

(according to some Japanese fans.. thanks YGLadies!)

Guest atuy_424

well i just watch SH ep 2 and i can say that dara nd boom is so hilarious.they just try being their self while dancing.they are very love for being transparent.as well as cl and minzy thats why they are blessed.just continue to show your tru self and with that you can achieved your goal.we, fans idolizing them,watch over them,of course we are very proud of our 2ne1.eventhough we reed some negative feedbacks about them.but we know with ourselves that they are the best.lets keep supporting our ladies.remember bad publicities ,still a good publicities.God Bless Blackjacks etc...

Guest itszmaeee

does this song remind you of something?

click here

How is this 2NE1 related? Sorry, but this song has nothing to do with kpop or 2NE1. Not tryna put you on blast or anything.

2NE1 will not be on MCountdown, Music Bank, Music Core this week. :tears:

MCountdown - 싸이, SG워너비, 2PM, 2AM, miss A, 슈프림팀, 유키스, BMK, 남녀공학, VNT, 터치, 레이디제인, 숙희, 지기독, 슈퍼스타K2Top11

Music Bank - 디바인, 우주(Feat.김미연), VNT, 터치, 노라조 by 이혁(Feat.Kimm), NS윤지, 걸스데이, 서영은(Feat.PS영준), U-Kiss, DECEMBER, miss A, 슈프림팀, 임정희, 레인보우, SG워너비, 서인국, 김장훈, 선데이브런치, 2AM, 2PM, 소녀시대

Music Core - 소녀시대 . 2PM . 싸이 . 2AM . miss A . SG워너비 . U-kiss . 레인보우 . Outsider . 윤하 . 임정희 . Supreme Team . 남녀공학 . SUNDAY BRUNCH . 나인 뮤지스 . VNT . 서로 . 간종욱 . Girl's day

Guest Himitsuu

does this song remind you of something?

click here

I think I know what you mean, it seems like that the beats/melody whatever you call that (specifically it's the piano part) is somewhat similar with "Love is Ouch". But anyways, it's not like the entire songs are totally identical. sweatingbullets.gif

WTH? Why the thumbs down? wacko.gif

v Yay! 2M hits already! I'm still replaying the mv up until now. happy.gif

FAN-ACCOUNT of SEOUL-TOKYO MUSIC FESTIVAL

I was at the concert yesterday, and I can tell you that more than 90% (I would say 95%, but just not to sound biased...) of the lightsticks were BIGBANG ones, whether the Korean yellow crown or the Japanese crowned-B. It was like in the picture during the whole concert (in fact, it looked more yellow in real life than in the picture). And there was a huge difference in the atmosphere when BB performed and when the other artists did. After BB, the groups that got more cheers from the audience were 2NE1, KARA and CNBlue.

Also, at the entrance of the concert hall there were boxes for presents, as usual in Japan, and only BB and 2NE1's were full. Some artists didn't have anything, and some just a couple. But I was really surprised to see 2NE1's box, soooo full.

And 2NE1's hoodies were the first goods to get SOLD OUT too, really quickly btw. I think 2NE1 will do well when they debut in Japan in December.

And back to BB, I thought they would sing 7 songs, like they did for Kpop Night @ Singapore, but they didn't sing How Gee and Last Farewell... T_T But it was awesome nonetheless. ^^

Credits: susifg@bigbangupdates.com

happy to hear that our girls are being well receive in Japan. can't wait until when they finaly debut there and in the US.

@ that pic up there...wow look at Bommie's eye make up. love it. hate CL's fur hat thing that she's wearing...why oh why do they always tie up Dara's beautiful hair! it makes me mad! and I'm not really digging Minji's hair color! I so love the black hair on her, why did they have to change it back to brown? maybe black hair color made her look a little too fierce? lol so they decided to soften up the color I guess. oh wells.

Guest bluishme

wohoo... saw the pictures of our girls..

they got a good response from the japanese fans.. based on the fanaccounts.. :D

there merchandise were sold out so it gives me a positive feeling about their pending

debut in JAPAN..

i also saw some girls cosplay-ing our girls..

pretty cool..

congrats also to 2ne1 and blackjacks for the 2plus million youtube hits of It hurts..

still can't get over the hug scene.. i keep on replaying that part..

anyways.. hope they will perform it hurts on inkigayo..

lets continue to vote in MAMA.. we can do it..

lets continue to support our girls!!

Fighting!

edit:

Power girlgroup 2NE1 to debut in Japan

20101029_2ne1_avex.jpg

With rumors floating around that 2NE1 would debut in Japan, it didn’t take long for Avex to get a hold on one of Korea’s power girl groups. 2NE1 has now signed with Rhythm Zone, and will release their Japanese debut album on December 8th.

Their debut album is a re-release of their latest album, “To Anyone“. It will have two versions, a normal (¥3,059) and limited edition + DVD (¥3,990). Though it is just a re-release, it may include some additional bonus tracks that are not present on the Korean version.

Avex and YG Entertainment - 2NE1’s original Korean agency – both launched their individual official versions of the group’s Japanese websites.

2NE1 YG Official Website

2NE1 Avex website

Via allkpop

tumblr_lbc7i8NrSP1qdd0kx.jpg

credit: http://whatevertoni....d-2ne1-in-tokyo

Can't Nobody MV played in Tokyo!!

Guest NV4ever

^ wahhh It's bommie and Cl-roo!! :lol: seems like there're alot of BlackJacks in Japan already! ^^

and the girls have reallly good response from fans, im quite surprised since they have not yet debut there yet...base on the fanaccounts the fans are really impressed with the girls!

Their merchandise was the first to sold out! Looks like our girls is gonna take Japan by storm with they formally debut there~!!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE ON MAMA BLACKJACKS!!

2010 Golden Disk Awards

http://isplus.joinsmsn.com/goldendisk/nominate/2010golden_nominees01.html

http://isplus.joinsmsn.com/goldendisk/nominate/2010golden_nominees06.html

Archived