►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest itszmaeee

I <3 2ne1 but I don't feel that a ballad really suites the gals. Their style is pretty straight forward so it's confusing what YG is doing in terms of promotion. The song is overpowering the gals. Come on YG! The girls can do so much more better than this.

What YG is doing is basically saying that 2NE1 can be powerful and fierce on stage, but also soft and laidback. Meaning that this girls can do just about anything and pull it off well. It Hurts, a ballad, shows off the girls' vocals. It shows the girls' individual voices. You can feel the emotions and feel to it just by listening. I can go on and on why ballad really suits them. Even though it's not their "style" or what we usually see them doing, it's a good change.

Guest starduster34

What YG is doing is basically saying that 2NE1 can be powerful and fierce on stage, but also soft and laidback. Meaning that this girls can do just about anything and pull it off well. It Hurts, a ballad, shows off the girls' vocals. It shows the girls' individual voices. You can feel the emotions and feel to it just by listening. I can go on and on why ballad really suits them. Even though it's not their "style" or what we usually see them doing, it's a good change.

The ballad shows the girl's individual voices in a deeming way to the public. Sure, I can feel the emotions from the girls but a ballad will never be a ballad if the song overpowers a group's ability to sing it.

Stopping by just to say that the girls did a FANTASTIC JOB last night (both in Minzy's dance & "It Hurts").  Minzy definitely showed that she can hang out with any of the guys when it comes to dancing and looked awesome in her red jacket.  As for "It Hurts", it's one of my favorite songs of the girls, period, so I'm a happy camper that they will be promoting it.  And in no way did the song overpower the girls (in my opinion) - they brought out the nuances of the song extremely well, and I found myself completely captivated by how much emotion the girls put into the performance.  If the girls did have their vocal abilities, then the song might have been too much, but the girls do and totally showed it last night (and without autotune, which has been the main complaint of many people).  :D

Now just onto waiting for the MV - it'll drop when it wants to, and no sooner or later.  I'll just be a patient YG family fan and continue to wait.  Seems like my patience has been trained very well by YG over the past few years...  :)

i don't even expect anything from YG anymore..i got used to it.

instead of getting myself annoyed by the fact that they are always late in doing stuff when they clearly promise something in a specific date, i know for sure that there's going to be some delays...

so whatever YG.

i'm not a very patient person, so what i do is to not think about it anymore, or else i'll just be pissed. lol

just divert ur attention to something else guys, it's better to be surprise than to wait for something ur not sure of.

Guest itszmaeee

The ballad shows the girl's individual voices in a deeming way to the public. Sure, I can feel the emotions from the girls but a ballad will never be a ballad if the song overpowers a group's ability to sing it.

How is it deeming to the public? 2NE1 singing a ballad will probably attract the public more. Them singing a ballad, like I said, is a good change. The public would always want something new and fresh. And now that 2NE1 is offering them something that's-not-their-usual-style, fresh and new, I don't think the public would deny that offer. It Hurts is a ballad. We all know the girls can sing. The song is divided into parts that fit the girls' individual voice range. Im not much of an expert, but from I'm observation the parts was given to the right member. How does singing a ballad overpowers a group's singing ability? It's pretty rare to see an idol group promoting a ballad, so I say cherish it. 2NE1 is only promoting a ballad for a short period of time and we'll probably won't get to see them do it until what? Next year? who knows.

EDIT:

YGLIFE UPDATED! "IT HURTS" MV WILL BE RELEASED 1PM KST!

EDIT:

LOL @chamber Now that you mention it, what the heck is deeming? I just realized that. I knew the word sounded off.

According to google, it is: Regard or consider in a specified way . But it's a word.

and @TAZANYA AMEEEEEN! Agreeed 1000000000%!

Guest chamber

I'm sorry They sang it almost perfectly, It hurts is not a straight korean ballad its more of a Jazz ballad i think, the main point it to convey emotion, and they did it in spades. How are they overwhelmed? What is deeming, anyway?

Guest bluishme

The music video will be out 1PM KST..

looks like YG needed a bit more time..

surprisingly.. YG didn't delete the performance of our girls in youtube.. hmmm...

too busy i guess haha

oh well.. as along as the quality of the mv is great then i have no problems with the delay

since being a yg fan means having loads of patience and eyebags haha

edit:: Lets trend #2NE1Ithurts  once the mv is out

Guest justine22

About 2NE1's It Hurts performance, I knew they were going to do well but watching it has made me think they had far exceeded my expectations (and I hope yours too!). The stage, the outfits and the whole look that each girl had and the emotions they put in while singing, I think were flawless! I have no complaints whatsoever. I'm so happy for them! :D

So I guess YG Ent. needs more time before releasing the MV...hmm... that's classic YG for ya! I just keep thinking that patience is a virtue and that I'm just grateful that there is a MV for It Hurts and that after the triple-song comeback, there is a follow-up song from 2NE1!!! :)

Guest tazanya

The wait is irritating but to be expected from YGE.  Hopefully it will be out at 1pm KST looking forward to seeing the video

I <3 2ne1 but I don't feel that a ballad really suites the gals. Their style is pretty straight forward so it's confusing what YG is doing in terms of promotion. The song is overpowering the gals. Come on YG! The girls can do so much more better than this.

As others have mentioned this It Hurts is not really a ballad.  Its more of a jazz r/b song then a ballad.  Either way you're entitled to your opinion I just am confused a bit by your comment.  Is it the song or the entire genre you think doesn't suit the girls?   For all intents and purposes 2ne1 are still basically rookies, they don't or at least shouldn't be pigeoned-holed into some set "style" by YGE, the fans or anyone.  They should broaden their horizons as wide as possible here in the early stages.

When I think of a song overpowering a singer, I think of when artists do covers that they cannot possibly make the notes.  None of the girls flubbed lines or missed notes last night.  If your talking about the background music overpowering them, I personally felt that we were able to really hear their vocals and the background music was at a good volume.

The girls sang great last night and I am sure will improve even more in the upcoming performances.  I am actually grateful that we are being given this treat of a a slow song from 2ne1.  I am proud as a fan to see them promoting and showcasing this song, because I think it shows those outside of the fandom even more why we blackjacks love them.  It shows even more why we make claims of their versatility, of their diverse talent, of the heart they put into live performances. Even siting down with zero choreography the girls are mesmerizing.  So I for one would like to thank YGE for promoting It Hurts, brilliant move.

It's ok to not like the song, we all have different tastes, but I think your taking it a but far to say that ballads don't suit 2ne1.  This is not their first ballad-like song, were you equally critical of the other (You & I, Stay Together)?

I think the thing that makes a great ballad performance IS THE EMOTION.  Otherwise its just watching a performer sing a slow song.  The popular ballad singers really make you feel the lyrics they are singing.   You don't have to be a whitney houston/celin deion singer to do justice to a ballad.  What 2ne1 showed us last night aside from great vocals was an intense emotional feeling, that pulled you in and kept you riveted for the entire song.

Demeaning is defined as "causing a severe loss in the dignity of and respect for (someone or something) or doing something that is beneath one's dignity." (I am assuming this is the word you meant in your comment)

How the girls voices are "demeaning to the public" I have no idea.  Even if they had sung the song badly, or missed notes, or gone of pitch; (which they didn't)  they were so engrossed in the narrative of the song, it would have gone basically unnoticed.  There is nothing publicly demeaning about sitting and singing a song you obviously enjoy singing.  Watch their faces again, they loved performing that song last night.

Sorry, but to call 2ne1's vocals demeaning is just wrong.  They sang with passion and heart, fan and non-fans alike have complimented the girls on a lovely performance.  There was absolutely, not one second of demeaning behavior in their It Hurts performance.

DARA ME2DAY

21dara128856504911692me.jpg

와쌉!굿모닝!^.^ 내일 투애니원 티비에서는~?!? 이 사진 기억나요? 6월쯤이었던거같은데.. LA 두번째 여행때 세멤버 먼저가구 나 혼자 한국에 남았다가 뒤늣게 가게됐거덩요! 더데체 왜?!?ㅋ그리구 각자. LA 와 서울에서 멤바들으 모습은?ㅋㅋ기대기대!^_^

21dara128856572810071me.jpg

먼저간 멤바들이 부탁한것들과 내가 먹을 음식들을 사러 마트에간 달옹ㅋ아직도 촌스럽게 외국나갈때 컵라면 고추장 김치는 꼭 챙겨갑니다!!!ㅋㅋ이번 LA에서는 과연 어떤일들이? 녹음없는날 디즈니랜드두 가구~ 우리끼리 외식두하구~ 즐거운 시간 보냈지요!^_^

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^....well maybe you could explain what you mean by "deeming"...?

to deem means to form an opinion and deemed means to hold an opinion or regard.

so i'm not sure what you mean when you say "The ballad shows the girl's individual voices in a deeming way to the public."

Guest itszmaeee

Why don't you look up the word deeming before you start criticizing. And if I'm entitled to my own opinion then drop the issue. I never said it wasn't a lovely performance so back off!

Our point is, how the heck is singing a ballad deeming to the public? If you worded your words better, then people, like me, wouln't misunderstand what you're trying to say.

Guest chamber

Why don't you look up the word deeming before you start criticizing. And if I'm entitled to my own opinion then drop the issue. I never said it wasn't a lovely performance so back off!

So what is the meaning of deeming, i'm not an expert with the English language. I know there is to deem which is to state ones opinion or to judge. The context you put it on is weird.

All i'm going to say is that was a wonderful performances one of 2ne1's best for sure.

Guest churvaness

lol..what does deeming even means? i looked it up in different dictionaries and all i can get is 'deem'...

anyway...

I am not a pro when it comes to judging how good must the vocals be depending on the genre or how can a song overpower the singer..

I can say that this song was delivered great by 2ne1 not only because they gave me ear-gasm but of course since this song is a 2ne1 original, they sounded exactly like what they would, they should and they could...They sounded exactly like what I heard from the CD version...Or maybe even better...:)

I commend YG for doing this. Actually, this is a very good way of promoting the girls. An artist must be given the chance to come out of his/her comfort zone and tell the world, "If you think that I am capable of only doing what I have always done before then you're dead wrong".

------------------------

It's only 15 minutes until 1PM KST...Yeahhhh!!!!!

Guest toozdae08

I'm confused as to why everyone is all on top of starduster34 for her comment. Yeah, she didn't exactly word it properly but she's entitled to her opinion and I'm not exactly sure why everyone is so butthurt about it. It was a 2 sentence comment that wasn't even that negative and got about 5 essay like replies. She commented, it was replied, lets continue on.

The video is coming out in like 15min, if YGE's time schedule holds out, so lets move on and get excited for it. I know I'm over this whole deeming conversation.

Guest tazanya

Why don't you look up the word deeming before you start criticizing. And if I'm entitled to my own opinion then drop the issue.  I never said it wasn't a lovely performance so back off!

Based on the context of the sentence I thought you meant demeaning, which I clearly stated the assumption in my response.  Now that you have clarified that you meant deeming and not demeaning, your comment is even more confusing to me.  I am not attacking you, I am trying to understand your opinion, that is why I specifically asked for clarification.  

The tone of my response wasnt to attack you, but rather to try and understand where you were coming from.  I fully support open dialogue good and bad about the girls performances, they won't always be perfect, they are not perfect.  I wanted to understand you points better.  If you took it as an attack, that was not the intention.

Deem means to "Regard or consider in a specified way"  such as in the sentences "the event was deemed a great success and  "the strike was deemed to be illegal."   To describe their voices as being in a "deeming way to the public" doesn't make sense to me.  Please clarify what you mean.

Also with respect to their style:  according to the girls official youtube channel  "2NE1 interpretes different kinds of genres - from intense Electronic Hiphop to R&B and light Pop - in their own style." (thanks whitestarkate)  They are not just one style but rather they are a group that willingly experiments and interprets many styles.

I sort of wish youtube did not have the option to see how long its been since the last log-in it just gets my hopes up and makes me anticipate.

Soon blackjacks soon, the epic fourth To Anyone video will be released ..... 

EDIT :  they all look so gorgeous and stunning and the video is so peaceful and visually just WOW.  I would have like more story, but still rewatches like a fiend.

Archived