►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaejin.lykahhh

Here's what I think.

The girls were just 'angels' or CL's conscience. They didn't really 'exist' because at around 0:57, Minzy was there already right? @ around 1:20 she wasn't there anymore. I mean, really.. why would they leave minzy in the rain if she's her friend right? I mean, do you get my point? lol. I'm not making sense. haha.

yeah, they were just there to support her.

And CL was in the Black Car. She died too. If she didn't why would she be PERFECTLY fine (w/ no bruises) after the crash?

haha. o_O I hope I made sense. Haha

Guest shining7andrew

i'll kill that guy who hit my CL...graww...the guy that is also play as a 'bad guy' in Because Of You MV...

anyway,,a great acting by CL but too much abuse sceene...T.T

her fierce image is gone when she acted in this mv...love the song sooo much though...

bom only got a few scenes....i wonder why

Guest crinkle_twinkle

I don't think CL actually died at the end, so is the guy, and i don't think the accident happened either.

I think the last part is more like a metaphor.

In my opinion, the message of the song is that if CL got revenge on that stupid-abusive-good-for nothing-jerk for hurting her, it may end up killing them both or the consequences may be severe.

That accident or something worse than that (i don't think there is something worse than that accident though lol) could have happened if CL did carry on getting revenge.

In the end, she realizes that it’s really not worth it, that the stupid jerk is not worth it.

So, she chose to get over it and move on, instead of stewing over the whole thing.

Am i making any sense???

Guest vintagesky

I don't know but watching this storyline, you could see CL is doing the exact opposite of Go Away's lyrics. She was humiliated and looked pathetic. He cheated on her, yet in the beginning she confronts him to get back with her. Then she went to that guy's house late at night and got beaten up. I think she's setting an example of what not to do for all the ladies out there -- Like don't hold onto a guy that ends up treating you like mini cooper.

I don't know but watching this storyline, you could see CL is doing the exact opposite of Go Away's lyrics. She was humiliated and looked pathetic. He cheated on her, yet in the beginning she confronts him to get back with her. Then she went to that guy's house late at night and got beaten up. I think she's setting an example of what not to do for all the ladies out there -- Like don't hold onto a guy that ends up treating you like mini cooper.

Agreed. That was the first thing I noticed about the MV. It's opposite to the lyrics. Why is she going back to him after all the crap he said to her? Like WTF?! The song is about telling HIM to go away, not her. That bothered me the most. This is why I want the director's point of view with this MV.

Yes,this mv is rather the opposite

of the strong lyrics in 'Go Away' song

itself.

But in a way it is like telling

you the consequences of hanging

onto such a jerk (through visual appeal)& so

you should just let him go away

from your life forever..(audio appeal)

'GO AWAY' MV

I love the storyline.It is really

a worthy one to watch especially

with such songs.

CL leadah did great in her acting skills(afterall

it's her first time really acting),especially

the part where she was being dragged & abused,

and the way she is trying to cheer herself up

in the car. :wub:

someone pointed this out

in the end, when the girls were comforting CL, the car burning is actually the orange car

and i looked, it sure is the orange car

so yeah, something to think about

Based on the lyrics an such, I definitely think the director to the metaphorical route. Using the MV to visually show the contrast of what the lyrics message is trying to convey. Why stick with a schmuck when you can do better. Well, that's what I interpreted. Legit mv though, definitely has meaning and a deep message.

Guest pinktux101

uggghhh... I don't like what they are doing to Bom.

first the red hair...

now she's not even like being shown in any of the music video's && she barely has any parts...

OMG I think I have an idea:

I think that she really does want him to go away because she was hurt but it's hard for her to let him go becuase she was in love and now he's breaking up with her in a very harsh way.

You can apply these lyrics to the ending of the MV:

Don’t worry about me and go away

I’ll disappear, no strings attached

You thought I’d hang onto you

It’s disgusting, don’t misunderstand

I’ll meet someone so much better

I’ll make you regret it all

Sadness is only for now, boy

Cause love is over

Love, love is over tonight

After the crash, she can move on. She doesn't hang on to him anymore b/c sadness is only for now. She's ready to meet someone better and he'll regret it b/c he's dead, lol.

Guest toozdae08

Putting together the mv and the song lyrics I'm thinking that CL is sort of like a cautionary tale of what not to do. The lyrics is all about not caring if a guy breaks up with you and moving on with your life and through the whole mv CL does the opposite - she first tries to get back with him and then tries to get revenge. In the end this ends up with her humiliated and then dead. I think the scenes with the girls playing around is to show what she could have been doing instead (having fun with her girls) if she wasn't obsessed with this guy. I think CL is the perfect lead cause she's usually portrayed as a strong woman so it's like if this can happen to CL, maybe it could happen to you too.

I wish they had left a domestic abuse hotline thing at the end of the mv as a way to leave a positive message at the end.

Guest cristina0422

Don't you think it's just an INCEPTION? All the things happened are just CL's dream? CL not actually died. Dara, Bom and Minzy just show CL what's about to happen. kekeke. Sorry for my weird thinking. Haha!

I wish the girls will have a cute love song in the future. What I have in mind is a fierce alpha female in love with a shy timid guy. Haha. That would be so cute! I want the girls in a fluffy mv. Fluff in small amounts is good. Haha.

Lol, someone talked about how Minji should be the main character in a lovey dovey song. First love, teenager love and all. Well it's cos they always have break up, revenge songs that's why I'm thinking about it. Of course I don't hate that I just want to see them act cute in an MV haha.

Actually, if you think about it. One of the girls did get a cute love song.

It was called "You And I" but I don't know if that counts.

Guest toozdae08

^

You're right. They do a lot of break up songs - I would love a love song. Not necessarily fluffy because this is 2NE1 but like Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love or Mariah Carey's We Belong Together or a Beyonce song. - like an R&B/hip hop based love song. It would be a nice change.

*Why am I always topping pages when I have nothing to share?

I'll come baring gifs then.

credit: jay_ed

clbumped.gif

minrifierce.gif

bombombom.gif

darax.gif

clboingboing.gif

daraxcl.gif

credit: omgklovepop

Guest jaejin.lykahhh

[OPINION/100910] What Lies Beneath the ‘Go Away’ MV Concept

Written by HenryAllen @Letsplay2ne1

Disclaimer: Please bear in mind that things said here does not reflect the insights of the whole of LP21. This is solely my own opinion and you’re all welcome to make it yours as well. So here it is:

Barely minutes after YG officially released 2NE1’s Music Video for ‘Go Away’, fans and even non-fans swarmed the internet to see one of the three highly-anticipated music videos.

The ‘Go Away’ MV is highly different from ‘Clap Your Hands’ which was released a day earlier. The music video centers on a girl (played by none other than CL herself) who gets dumped by her boyfriend and of course, you’ll probably imagine what the girl does after that.

So then CL, after so much depression, still pursues her ex-boyfriend who has already found her replacement. Then, unexpectedly, the best part of the MV comes. CL gets beaten by the ex-boyfriend. That, in my opinion, is a highly-dramatic scene that blends flawlessly with the upbeat song.

However, things go a little confusing in the end which, as of this writing, is still being debated by hundreds, even thousands of fans from all over the world. Who died? Was it CL or the guy? Why is CL walking with the other girls in the end? Who are the Dara, Bom and Minzy playing, anyway?

So here is my take on the controversial ending of the music video. Yes, the girl in the black car is really CL and the one who got crushed and got fried inside the car is CL herself, not the ex-boyfriend. So did she die?.... READ THE REST HERE

^Yup, it's coming out tomorrow. I'm not sure on the time in Korea, but you can check on yg-life and then convert the time to the time zone you're in. Then sunday we get to see 'em perform! YAYYYY! Anyways, I hope love is ouch would be the follow up after they're done with the 3 title songs.

Guest jadeal_17

I don't know if that guy in the Go Away MV is lucky for working with 2ne1,

OR cursed because of what he had to do to CL :sweatingbullets:

Interesting comments as follows:

"Son of a gun! This guy better have life insurance coz he's gonna be chased down by LOTS of people!"

"You never hit CL no matter how good looking you are"

"Crap dude, don't beat your ex girlfriend; she'll kill you good!"

Props to the director for making us confused :huh:

It's a good thing, we get to understand the meaning of the song beyond what we see.

People need to understand that this MV should not be taken as it is.

CL, dying at the end is a metaphor of "killing" the side of

her that keeps holding on and crying over that guy.

(She was on a depressed mode and literally chasing the guy throughout the MV)

Bom, Dara & Minji are her alter-egos that wants to be free and let go.

(The lyrics are almost the same as I Don't Care...this is a more badass version)

PROPS TO 2NE1 and the CREW ('Cuz you aint richard simmons without your crew!)

PS.

AND OMG, I literally LMAO after reading this comment:

Question: What did CL say to that guy?

(Very creative) Answer: she said ''is there a bug on my face?" and he said ''yea hold on bro, ill get it.. *slap*..wait..*slap*... hold still.. *slap*... wait its still there..*slap*... oh btw have my jacket, its versace.''

Archived