►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

My favorites are "Go Away", "Love is Ouch", & "It Hurts". "Go Away" reminds me of a song a person can just sway to after going through something bad. lol I'm loving that 2NE1 actually came out with a different style because it shows how they can still make good music even with something different from what they started with. Overall, the album is pretty good. 2NE1 ♥ also, they're so cute in their cyworld message to the fans. ;D

[ENG] 100908 2NE1's Cyworld Message

- thanks to Royal Ace Subs @ygladies

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!

I don't really dig Cant Nobody that much, I am not saying I am hating it. BUT IT IS REPEATING IN MY MIND OVER AND OVER AND OVER...

the "im so bad bad but im good good" and Dara's "cant nobody cant nobody hold us down" and then there is this part that goes "let's rock, let's take it to the top"

It felt like I am haunted by 3 different songs, but its only actually one song ~_~

omo omo omo!

OMG ~_~

Guest toozdae08

^

That's my problem with the song. It's like 3 songs rolled into one and all parts are good by themselves but is confusing when put together. Oh well.

my first post here but I'm an old blackjack

so , about the album , I gotta admit I was freaking out after the first round of listening and I really felt like crying not because of the songs but because alot of people were saying that they weren't good . so it's like their opinion affected me

and like most of you here I hated the over-ness of the autotune BUT

after listening again I can say that I LOVE ALL THE SONGS

I'm busy >> first time , I was shocked and I couldn't even finish it , but I was like " this is 2ne1 , I've been waiting for over a year " so I listened again and now it's on repeat , I don't know what happend but I really like it especially the rap except the baba part but I know it will grow on me

it hurts >> should I really explain , it shuts the haters up especially who said that they can't sing

go away >> really catchy and easy to like and I love cl in it

can't nobody >> the only song that 7/10 for me , too autotuned but I know I will like it more once I see the live performance

love is ouch >> it has this sweet vibe even though I don't know what are they saying

clap your hands >> catchy and the beat is amazing AND there are 3 members rapping , how cool is that

ohh , and I like how cl rap in this album really fierce but I think there isn't alot of minzy

and dara in it

overall the album is awesome , shocking but still awesome

Seriously It hurts should have been a title track instead of Clap ur hands or cant nobody :unsure:

i am so in love with this song :wub: I am happy they will perform it at SBS chocolate :w00t:

Edit 1 : seriously the album is so good ^^, i didnt want to comment since the first listen, i wanted to hear it many times, and this album is for everybody not only hip hop, rnb lovers

Edit 2 : I hope they win awards for GO AWAY

I read the comments before I actually listened to the album,

and I was worried because a lot of people were saying that they were disappointed.

I also think that their mini album was better BUT I'm really like this album too...

Out of the 3 main tracks, i like Go Away the most.

If you put Fire, In the Club and I Don't Care into this album from the start, this would have been one of the best albums ever.

I think my least favourite is I'm busy, I really like all the other 5 new ones.

Guest blackjackVip

I haven't listened to all of the full songs yet,

only the ones i found on youtube:

Love is ouch

I'm busy

It Hurts

^ and yes, there's a reason why "It Hurts" is larger! lol

I knew this song would be my favorite!

They really should have put this on the top 3 songs that they will promote... <_<

I'm not really too hyped-up with the other electronic songs...

I'm more into RnB/Hiphop songs...

I just hope to see them perform "It Hurts" maybe even just in radio shows or something...

they need to promote this song!

it really showcase their voices than any other!

and P.S BOM's parts at the end, NICE!! :D

P.P.S I'm already predicting that alooot of people will cover this song! i can just feel it! ^_^

Guest The Legend

I haven't listened to all of the album yet (since I didn't pre-orer it :( ) but I can't wait to buy it!!

Quick question: Wasn't the one who wrote the english version of Can't Nobody Perry? It kind of sounds like his style as well. The Several pages back someone posted up the tracklist with the producers and I believe I read Perry as the producer for the English version? Remember guys, Teddy may be the main producer for 2ne1, but not the only.

Guest shantewillie

I wonder why those songs weren't on the album along with the solos and "Try to Follow Me."

At least add "I Don't Care." that would be great.

Either way, I'm happy the album is out.

Can't wait for the music vidoes.

Guest crinkle_twinkle

Awwww... read this nice review from Seoulbeats... :sweatingbullets:

Can’t Nobody Do It Like 2NE1?

Featured, Seoulbeats' Idols | Guest | September 8, 2010 at 4:17 PM

20100908_2ne1_seoulbeats.jpg

Aaaand they’re back! I have glued to my computer for the last three hours trying to get the first listen of this album, and I’ve finally found some Youtube videos of the tracks from 2NE1′s latest release, To Anyone, with decent audio quality. A large fraction of k-pop fandom has been waiting for this release since it was announced in back in the spring – many expectantly, others not so much. Now that it’s finally out, let’s have a listen, shall we?

I am a huge fan of 2NE1. These girls bring a sense of style and strength to the k-pop industry that I find really refreshing, mainly in that they don’t depend on showing skin and acting all cutesy in order to sell their records – in a word, they’re FIERCE. I find it really interesting that k-pop fandom seems to be divided on these girls. A lot of people think they’re revolutionizing the industry, others are annoyed at the hype. I think the dichotomy itself is interesting, and it begs the question – is 2NE1 really all that? Or is the whole issue simply a fight between fiercely loyal 2NE1 fans and antis (who are likely SONES)?

Here are some facts to consider: they had the most successful girl group debut of 2009, winning more awards and topping more charts with their first two singles than any girl group of the last decade has been able to do with their first release. This album, one of the most highly anticipated albums of 2010, sold 120,000 in preorders – i.e. they sold almost as many albums before the release as Katy Perry did in her first week. Money talks, and it’s telling me that these girls are big, they’re talented, and they give the fans what they want.

YG has always made itself out to be the rebel entertainment company in k-pop, mainly through their dedication to releasing R&B/hip-hop influenced tracks despite industry trends towards bubblegum and electropop. Their music definitely stands out from the pack – just take Taeyang’s mellow “I Need a Girl”, or Se7en’s electrified Digital Bounce. 2NE1’s new material preserves YG’s reputation, as the songs on the album manage to sound like they belong in 2010 without sounding like every other track that’s been released this year. What also stands out to me is how they managed to fit many different sounds onto this album. The mellow “It Hurts (Slow)” is a [great] R&B ballad, and yet it’s sitting next to “Clap Your Hands, ” a pretty standard hip-hop track, “Can’t Nobody” which is a dance track reminiscent of U-Kiss’s material (and I mean that in a very good way), and “Go Away” a great electropop track which I think will be the runaway hit from this album. Despite this, we don’t doubt that this is all authentic 2NE1 material, and that it captures the essence of what this group is all about.

When it boils down to it, though, they’re still making pop music. It can’t be too revolutionary or else people won’t listen to it. In an industry where instant success isn’t just the goal, it’s the standard, they can only deviate from the norm so much. However, their uniqueness in an industry filled with cookie cutter girl groups seems hard to deny. While I don’t think the album is game-changing, it is explosive, filled with fast beats, improved vocals and that trademark 2NE1 swagger k-pop’s been missing in 2010.

http://seoulbeats.com/2010/09/cant-nobody-do-it-like-2ne1/

Don't mind the comments though... <_<

___

and oh... i feel so weird for liking... actually loving the song "Can't Nobody" when majority here are a bit disappointed... :sweatingbullets:

Guest lilies_009

omg! guys guys..

for those who said they're a bit disappointed... LOL

mann i remember people saying "oh! i am a bit disappointed" when fire came out!

i did read some "Oh I don't care is different from fire... maybe if i listen to it more i'll learn to love it"

mannnn you guys are repeating it all over again...

i'm not saying that you should stop commenting like that (coz seriously it's your opinions and you're free to talk)... but don't you think people especially non-2ne1 fans would even dare to listen to our girls if they see that even blackjacks ain't liking the songs? as i backtrack people here would drop comment and would say "umm i'm a bit disappointed" and eventually would drop another comment after a few minutes saying "i learned to love it... i tried listening to it all over again" I dropped comments in AKP about liking It hurts, go away, love is ouch, and clap but i never said i was disappointed with their songs(for the record i like this album), i did said that i grew to like can;t nobody after listening to it again. But do you think you'll help 2ne1 gain fans by saying you're disappointed? OMG! i don't usually shout BLACKJACK NOLJA! I AM A PROUD BLACK but i don't go around and carelessly leaving heartbreaking comments.... seriously it is heartbreaking to read comments saying such disappointments... if I am not a 2ne1 fan i would definitely not gonna try listening anymore since even the group's fans sounded like they're not even convince that the music is good.

I am convince that this is a VERY GOOD album with good music, beats and talents.

i may not have pre ordered it yet but i'll move mountains just to have a copy of it...

yay! for the true blackjacks who i know doesn't really speaks but will buy the album for support...

again i am in love with Love is ouch and Go away! the songs are definitley the kind of songs i want to play while driving around or while i am taking a shower or when my sick uncle comes all grumpy and i needed to release the stress.... or when i go drinking with my bro's and friends....LOL

EDIT;;;;

disappointment is understandable, really it is. but disappointments should come at least after longer periods of listening and not with just once or thrice and then reply with "I am disappointed" right away and in a few minutes taking back what they said. it's such a great way to push away potential new fans. that is what my point is. sound cliche but really.... first impression last....

and i am glad my first impression with the new album is impressive.. it's gonna stay that way FOREVER lol

Guest teenace

Can't Nobody is really growing on me. I hated it at first but now I had the english version on repeat at uni.

At first the songs shock you a bit with the autotune but if you give it a second listen you will start to like it.

I love all of them now that I've been really listening to them.

@lilies_09

Exactly my sentiments...

I am disappointed not because of the girls' album because I am totally loving it, every single song on it, but I am disappointed with fellow blackjacks who acted as if they are good music critics. It is better to have the negative comments be kept but some are trying to spread it like a virus. So what will happen now? First impression is always important, and what about those people who heard that fans are disappointed? They will bear the same mindset right before even listening to the songs. Good for us blackjacks because we are loving everything about the girls (even if it means trash, but nothing like this so far), but how are we going to attract new fans if we are disappointed of it. The word itself is strong like there is nothing that really pleased you.

We can actually say it like, oh I like this song and this song, and this rather than focusing on those that you don't like. Stating it like "i am so disappointed", we are like bringing the girls down on their first day. How could we leave them behind? They were asking for our support and the least we could do is promote them and cheer them up. But what have we done? Maybe we need some little time to reflect first before hitting the "replay" button on our media players - try listening to the songs for one more round, and if it still disappoints, then maybe we are not truly a blackjack...

Let's cheer for the girls and don't forget our twitters later. Try listening to the songs again while you tweet. Let's express our love for 2ne1...we have been waiting for this for a year now. It is time to play once more, the blackjacks way.

2ne1 nolja!

Giving it several tries means we want to like the song that we waited for a year to listen so that we can go out and boast! I dont want to say something is good when its not..At first, i didn't like the choice of title track..I thought Cant noboy was messy and all but i grew to like it after giving it a few try..same with go away.

Its completely ok to be disappointed in my opinion..people are disappointed because we know they can do better..it doesn't mean they're weak..

Guest blabennetta

I have favorites but I still love all of the songs. They represent 2NE1. I'm satisfied and can't ask for more. I'm glad to have pre-ordered their album. Now, I'm excited to see the music videos. I'm pretty sure that I will not be disappointed either. I hope to see some sick moves from these gals.

Guest chamber

I broke and listened to go away, I love the song a lot and i gets better everytime you listen to it.

My one complaint would be the Autotune in the beginning was not needed, i'm not one to complain about autotune its just i'm tired of the crap from people that come from it.

I like the whole beyonce beyonce i'm walking out of destiny. I don't know if that is the lyrics.

Archived