►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest KiMmY_52988

The song I'm surprised most with is "Go Away." It has that summer feel to it. I don't know about you guys but it makes me happy and upbeat! The more I listen to it, the more I like it. I hope their home country will like it as well. I wonder if they have to censor/change the lyrics to CL's line "you ain't s*** w/o your crew" when they perform?

Out of the 6 new songs, I love four of them (Go Away, Clap Your Hands, It hurts, Love is Ouch". I'm not too sure about Can't Nobody and I'm busy =/. Well the good thing is in the whole album, there's a song for everybody and their preferences. I hope they'll gain more fans with this album.

Like some of you, I think this album is inferior to their mini-album for various reasons. I just hope people don't think that since 2NE1 has gained fame and all, they are not working as hard.

Anyway, I'm soooooooo excited for their MVs and their performances!! and of course 2NE1 TV Season 2! I wish them the best!

On a side note: I really dislike the Ads on the bus...or just the overall RED color...makes me feel claustrophobic since there's no signs of any windows?

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lalaleidy

@ toozdae08 Listen to Go Away again. lol. I'm pretty sure Dara's lines are not autotuned. :)) She has pretty voice. <3

Love is Ouch, Go Away, It hurts, Clap your hands: Super love these songs! :) I'm still listening to it as I type. :) I'm not feeling Can't Nobody so far. Maybe after they release the MV and perform onstage? :)) It's too auto-tuned, imo. As for I'm busy, I only gave it a listen. So I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Overall, I love the album despite what others say! I can't wait for their perfs! :D

Guest toozdae08

^

Yeah. I heard it again, she sounded really good and strong on the song. I think I confused her with Minzy for a minute (and I adore Minzy's voice so that's a compliment). Girl has been practicing. Edited my early comment.

Guest es2pido

Here's my quick take on "To Anyone":

1. The songs are good. Techno songs are techno, pop songs are pop, R&B songs are R&B. Hiphop songs are hiphop. Autotuned songs are autotuned. Where in freaking South Korea can you find this set of songs with so much variety besides YG folks? I thought I'd be disappointed with Can't Nobody because of the... err... teaser (totally demonstrating how the transition from bridge to chorus was a bit off) but when I listened to the actual song... HELL. It was good,

2. ... but not as good as Clap Your Hands which, IMO, is the potential HIT song of the album.

3. Can't Nobody is the first English YG song I actually understood from start to finish.

RATING: 8.5 out of 10

I am extremely excited about the MVs! I've been waiting for their comeback for ages! I think I have the right to bombard MYX with tons of requests just to air their videos! You know that feeling? Seeing the girls' MVs airing in the US feels like they're that close to domination. Hahahahahaa!

Alright, lemme cast my vote first on That's My Jam before I hit the rest of the website with requests! :)

Guest iAmTan_1

I kind of expected much from this album too. 

I thought the girls were going to be consistent in their music. 

I mean I wasn't expecting an album that was primarily Hip-Hop and R&B but I expected wayy less pop and autotuned.

C'mon let's face it.  That's one of the reasons why we love 2NE1, because they were different from the overly cute and bubbily girl group.  

They have attitude, style, charisma, that bad-girl type of vibe to them.  If the lose that , we just have an ordinary k-pop group. 

To me that what i think of this album (With an exception of Can't Nobody....even that song was ehhhh).

I think when you experiment in other music genre's you tend to lose your originality  and this album doesn't feel like a 2NE1 album.  

It doesn't have their distinctive sound that that we love them for. :(

Guest skylovetop

Here's my quick take on "To Anyone":

1. The songs are good. Techno songs are techno, pop songs are pop, R&B songs are R&B. Autotuned songs are autotuned. Where in freaking South Korean can you find this set of songs with so much variety besides YG folks? I thought I'd be disappointed with Can't Nobody because of the... err... teaser (totally demonstrating how the transition from bridge to chorus was a bit off) but when I listened to the actual song... HELL. It was good,

2. ... but not as good as Clap Your Hands which, IMO, is the potential HIT song of the album.

3. Can't Nobody is the first English YG song I actually understood from start to finish.

RATING: 8.5 out of 10

I am extremely excited about the MVs! I've been waiting for their comeback for ages! I think I have the right to bombard MYX with tons of requests just to air their videos! You know that feeling? Seeing the girls' MVs airing in the US feels like they're that close to domination. Hahahahahaa!

Alright, lemme cast my vote first on That's My Jam before I hit the rest of the website with requests! :)

your effin right...i sooo uber agree with you....2ne1 songs are my jam right now....love it to pieces... :D :D :D

Guest riceasaurr

Ohhhh myyy goshhh.

I just wanted to say that even though I'm disappointed in Can't Anyone.

I LOVE Go Away, Love is Ouch, and Clap Your Hands.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with their comeback.

Although, I do wish that they had at least one song that was mainly RnB and didn't have autotune.

I was afraid of this happening, because Teddy seems to rely too much on autotune sometimes for songs.

Now I just have to wait for the MV's. woooo~

Rating 8/10

I miss the RnB feel. :(

Guest churvaness

I am contented with the album. I understand that some of us cant help but to compare this one with the mini album, that is inevitable. However, i think that is unnecessary. Whatever 2ne1 has done previously, it means that they have already shown that they are capable of doing such genre and that it is now the time to try somehing new. Artists need to grow and for me them venturing into these genre of music will enhance and develop their talents. As for the autotuning, there maybe a lot of it in the songs but I think they wont be put in there i they dont sere a purpose. I mean to say that autotune maybe recognized by the producer as a tool to achieve that certain genre they are trying to portray. I haven't heard autotuning in the ballad songs cause they are ballad songs. Electronic/disco/techno genre however requires such thus it's presence.

The only thing that I recommend is that maybe putting Love is Ouch or It hurts as one of the title tracks. That would be a triple threat, a total package. Cant nobody/Go away as electronic/ techno, Clap as hiphop and LIO or IH as rnb/ballad. That would be a showcase. I also can imagine IH as a potential award grabber. Anyway, let us anticipate for more surprises from this group. Lets pray hard that people will enjoy their album and will continue or even surpass the amount of support they have given the group during their debut.

listened to the whole album without skipping and including the previously released digital singles

and i now love everything ^^ yes, even Im Busy. it has so much going on, and it shifts a lot, but i like it.

least fave is Please Dont Go. yeah

and their singing isnt really autotuned just like the last words in their parts. it is technoish yes, but the singing isnt heavily autotuned. i hear them clearly and they all sound beautiful.

so basically im very excited but i need sleep ^^

oh, by the way, i like all the reviews, ran out of thumbs up to everyone.

edit: special mention to my bias, Darayah ^^ having listened to Kiss and the new songs, u sound so much better. love u more ^^

I'm sure Go Away, Love is Ouch and It Hurts will be on repeat on my ipod. Then a little bit of Can't Nobody and Clap Your Hands. I think I'm Busy will get the fewest play count.

Anyway, I like the album but I can't say its better than their mini album.

I'll be waiting for the MVs to come out.

everybody should try to let go of their own-who-2ne1-is

and just let them be who they want to be

they have produced a pretty awesome album

which they are obviously confident with

and that is exactly what i feel about it too

CONFIDENT

and very THANKFUL

and PROUD

Guest shantewillie

So many news by every minute!!!

The album is leaked or released early!!

I love "Clap Your Hands."

I will for the music video for "Can't Anyone."

Music videos will changed the view of a song and same goes to a live performance.

Guest es2pido

I suspect the girls will promote It Hurts after they're done with the triple release. That song just doesn't deserve not to be noticed by everybody. It's like a big slap to the faces of other *cough* girl groups *cough* that 2NE1 can pull off a song like "It Hurts".

YOU CAN'T DISAGREE WITH ME. :| LOLOLOLOLOL

I love love go away and it hurts its the type of songs ull listen to for so long but it wouldnt hurt ur ears or get bored of them, cant wait to see all of the music videos :rolleyes:

They said in their Cyworld message something important, they said that this year the will be more active unlike last year blush.gif

Guest maya2ne1

okay my review

1- cant nobady : its agood song ilike it mayby you will like it When you see the mv and i love boms Voice and cl voice is Seductive in it i didnt like the last part

2-go away :its vary good song i like cl rap and omg bom voice is so Captivating by far my fav

3-clap your hands: i like the song wow dara can rap love it bom :wub:

4-Love is Ouch :it Pleasant song it Sweet love dara voice and cl rap

5-it hurts:i love this song it my 2 fav

6-im busy:its Catchy song cl kild it ilike this Type of song you can Hear Them

I am contented with the album the Girls Worked hard for this im gona Support them

Guest yushinoya

*can't stop listening to Love is Ouch*

i can't wait to get my album..

well for now my favorite is Love is Ouch & Clap your Hands..

i heard the other songs, all of them are good but when i heard "Love is Ouch" i was like "This is the mini cooper!" and kinda set aside the rest of the songs...lol!! i'm waiting for my copy to arrive so i can fully enjoy all the songs..

some are disappointed because of the fact that the songs are not 2ne1's style..

well for me sometimes CHANGE IS GOOD..it only shows that they are growing up as an artists rather than idols..i'm amazed that on their 2nd year they already managed to cross beyond their borders..they can do reggae, hiphop, rnb, pop,who knows next year they will go for rock music..

Why did YG let these girls do these kind of songs?! BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!!

In order for you to be irreplaceable, you have to be unique..

who would replace an artist who can do almost everything?! none..so therefore they are unique..

Guest 2neblaq

hmm..i've listened to their song and i say i love all of the song except 'Can't Nobody'. ^_^ 'Clap your hands' were okay but i don't like how 'Fire' beats came on when CL was rapping. <_<

I say i totally love 'Go Away','It hurts' and 'Love is Ouch' the most. :wub:

For 'I'm busy' its definitely climbing up to my favorite list soon. ^_^

For some reason,i can't really tell if 'Can't Nobody' english version is in korean or English at all. :sweatingbullets:

I'm sorry but i can't understand their english. :ph34r: I think it's because of the auto-tune. :vicx: The too much auto-tune makes me confused if they are singing in korean or english but i can say i did hear english words in it. Only a bit though... :unsure:

Anyway, i'm hope my country will sell the album soon. Wanna buy it... :w00t:

Archived