►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest Threeatatimejay

I don't know how I feel about "Can't Nobody". It may grow on me, so I'm not going to write it off. I'm liking the music overall, so I'm not too worried. Hopefully things will work out. :)

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest and say out of the 3 teasers, I liked Clap Your Hands best followed by It Hurts. I didn't like Can't Nobody at all when the 30 second teaser came out but its grown on me. I feel bad for Teddy because a lot have been complaining about his beats becoming repetitive. His beats do seem uninspired of late and Can't Nobody is a bit of a hot mess. I'm guessing because he's been in the studio for so long and keeps churning out one song after another. I'm glad he took a break to rest and get inspiration. I hope he learns to play other musical instruments. I think it will benefit him and his arranging skills to do that rather than rely on machines and digital work to make music.

I tend to rag on Teddy too, I admit as much. But having said that, I wish people remembered that Teddy produced the 2NE1 mini-album which was epic. Heck, he made Lollipop, You & I, Please Don't Go, Kiss and TTFM which were all loved. All hits. We should thank the man more than criticize him because he's done a good job for the girls. More than Teddy being burnt out, I also think its fans craving for variety and a new sound that's happening here. I think with 2NE1's new album, we're all looking for a new direction for 2NE1 girls.I guess that's also why we like Kush's and Masta Wu's track most of all. However, there's also a part of us looking for songs that sound Teddy- familiar to us. Because it is what brought us to this fandom. So, I guess whatever Teddy does, it's a no-win huh?

Sophomore albums generally don't do as well as an epic first album (at least critically). Its because when a group shoots to fame with a first album, people either look for the same sound or ask for an updated sound. Last year, when 2NE1 debuted with Fire, the kpop world took notice because Fire was new. It sounded fresh and the girls also brought something new to kpop girl groups - they took a road less traveled. But now that they're coming up with new songs, we're expecting them to adjust kpop perspective once again. I think that's not possible right now. They cannot bring something as fresh as Fire was last year. We can never go back to that day again. We can only move forward.

Guest funkdreamer

24 MORE HOURS PEOPLE!!!!

I absolutely can't wait. I actually enjoy that in [Can't Nobody] there are 2 sections that are quite distinct. Of course, having too many is not too good but I find this particularly cool. I think CL is singing in the chorus (and damn, its packed with attitude and power!). Clap Your Hands has a cool chorus, that changes the tempo and feeling of the song as well. It hurts is just on another league.. lol

Guest blabennetta

I guess now I'm eating my words for saying that I equally love all three teasers LOL. But, since y'all have said what I wanted to say, I would just agree with CLWifethat Go Away maybe the best one. YG is saving it for last.

Guest songbird86

I completely agree @no1chronoptimist.

It's like we want something new and fresh, but are looking for the familiar. Remember everybody might not like the same thing. The majority of people here might not like 'Can't Nobody', but we're just a handful of people in their fanbase. And who knows who they might attract with this song. To each their own.

As for Teddy, I love his work, but it's great that he's taking a rest. The problem with k-music right now is that it's all too repetitive. When people are using the same producers over and over again (or people are trying to copy) it'll get pretty stale. We've seen it in the states when Timbaland was the main person artists would go to. And in korea when Brave Brothers were the ones everybody wanted, and you can tell they've been burnt out until pretty recent. In order for the girls' sound to evovle Teddy has to evovle musically too.

But I think this album will be awesome. People shouldn't hype it up so much and have unreal expectations. Just keep an open mind, and wait for this thread to crash at 11 a.m. est tomorrow (when the album comes out).

Guest funkdreamer

LOl its ironic that people say Teddy seems to be lacking inspiration andyet can produce something like [Can't Nobody] which people ALSO say has no trace of hip-hop 2NE1. I don't know how all this gels together but either way, I was also worried last year (whn they did say their album will be out in Oct-Nov) but seeing how Taeyang still managed to craft his own style WITH Teddy, just goes to show that, while Teddy has his style, he doesnt fail to retain that touch of the individual artiste/group.

I have a strange feeling (and a hopeful one) that YG may release something when its 21hours left to the official 090910

Guest toozdae08

All the people up Teddy's butt need to calm down. He only produced 2 new tracks for the girls (Can't Nobody and Go Away). The rest of the tracks with his name on it are from last year. The 4 other new songs on the album haven't even been touched by Teddy, so people need to lay off of him. I rag on Teddy too but he's a good producer and just burnt out.

Guest babymodz

YAY - just 2 (or lesser!) days before their comeback!!! i can't stop grinning like an idiot these days HAHA! anyway, gonna join in the bandwagon & give my views on their teasers,etc. my favorite SO FAR has got to be [CLAP YOUR HANDS] i love the beat, & can totally see myself bopping to the music. plus it kinda reminds me of [FIRE] - tough & has a hint of women-empowerment kinda sense (idk how to phrase it?!?!) hmmm... about [CAN'T NOBODY] ... idk. i love the chorus, & Bommie sounds phenomenal in the longer vers. of the teaser. but - to judge the songs or Teddy from a minute and 30second teaser is kinda ... weird. i mean, it's not even the whole song! remember how some people were like pretty ~meh~ when YG released short teasers everyday for [FIRE]?? & when the whole song was released along with the MV, suddenly most of the same people convert into fans. so that's the thing with YG artistes - don't judge them by their teasers. they're the type of artistes who wows during a live performance, who can get a crowd going & stuff. phew. glad to get all that outta my chest - but it's good to see that fans are now voicing their opinions (though they may differ) in a more ... mature way. remember, Blackjacks stay classy ;) oh oh oh & let's have a party post once the comeback's released ... HAHA!

^ yes indeed

less that 24 hours and they will be officially out

i cant wait to hear and see everything

im equally excited to see them perform this sunday

To Anyone as YG stated, is indeed a piece for everybody

its diversity is its concept

Guest itszmaeee

Oh my freaking 2NE1!!!!!! I feel like I'm about to cry. In just a couple more hours to go and OMG! I can't even imagine it. YG-Life might crash so we need a reliable site to spy on. OMG! And everyone please refrain yourself from spamming. We cannot afford to have the thread closed down. Same thing had already happened last year, so please refrain and compose yourself (:

i luv the songs! it feels like the time the Fire teaser came out.

the teaser sounded great, but the song in it's entirety blew me away!

teasers give you an idea, but they never do the whole song justice.

can't wait for their first comeback perf! it'll be EPIC!

so does anyone have a link on where to watch the girls live?

Guest itszmaeee

I'm guessing Go Away will either have the laid back calm feeling or band-like RnB. The song must've been epic to their ears that's why they're not releasing it until-who-knows-when. And I have this gutsy feeling that the song will pawn those[like me] who's been doubting Teddy as of late. Talk about major pawnage right there, but that's just me. I can't always help but be too hopeful. This may be Teddy's last shot [in the full album] to prove everyone wrong that he's not all about autotune or he's recycling his past produced songs. It could be both. Aside from that, I WANT TO HEAR LOVE IS[OUCH]!

And I still can't get over Dara's rapping in Clap Your Hands. Gosh that song is just....speechless. Awesome? Nah. Great? Nah. Good? Nah. Beyond epic infinity awesome? Hells yeeeah! But that's just me being biased. I can totally see the girls beast-ing it on stage!

2 MORE NEW SONGS TO GO + 6 FULL NONTEASER SONGS + 3 MVs = insomnia is finally doing me some justice. This time it's actually useful! eefff yeeah! Idk if that's good thing, but chyeeeah!

Hmm some people here they just dont make sense, so yesterday Teddy was awesome and genious because he made clap ur hands, and today he become tired and not good because he made Cant nobody???? seriously i dont understand why most ppl here dont like that song, i think they were just influenced by others, i personally love cant nobody, i love all of the teasers, and i am sure we will love them even more after we see the music videos, especially CANT NOBODY

i cant believe tomorrow is the day O__O cant wait

LOVE TEDDY WORK <3

edit : i dunno why but i love this picture , the two maknaes

08_6355.jpg

EDIT : OK MY BAD I AM SORRY, i just checked and Clap ur hands was made by KUSH, but still i think cant nobody is a great song ppl will like it even more after the MV, and TEDDY Is a GREAT PRODUCER :wub:

EDIT 3 lol : IF YOU GUYS GO TO YG-LIFE THEY EDITED THE TITLE OF THE VERY FIRST PICTURES THEY POSTED, THE TITLE WAS CANT NOBODY BUT NOW ITS GO AWAY

( the pictures where CL is a race car driver) this really makes me EXCITED to hear GO AWAY, i think GO AWAY MV is the most expensive one ehehehe :w00t:

Been MIA for a few days!! Imagine my surprise when they released the "It hurts" teaser. By far the best song I've heard in a while. The jazzy/R&B feel is beautiful and all of the girls harmonize well with the beat/melody. I had to read as far back as page 1550 and I saw that a few people aren't feeling one of the songs. I can understand that maybe like "Fire" you have to wait for the MV before casting your opinion, but honestly speaking even with a 30 second teaser I can tell you that all of the songs are awesome and have some uniqueness to them. I like that they are playing around with different genres in the music biz and even if one of the songs isn't top notch, I believe that they have accomplished a lot.

question, since they are planning on realizing this awesomeness on the 9th, does that mean I have to be up at midnight or something on the 8th? Since i live in NYC I don't know what my course of action should be...should I stay up late on the 8th or will early morning on the 9th be better? please help :)blush.gif

Also, meant to post this...but I am so GLAD that they haven't teased us with "go Away"...since we have been spoiled/teased with others, I find it refreshing that they are keeping it ninja :ph34r: style and not letting us know yet. Maybe Go away will be the opening act for their comeback...

Guest la.la.la.la.la.la.la.

OUT OF THE TEASERS THAT CAME OUT (PLUS THE LEAKED FANCAM)..

I'LL SAY THAT "CLAP YOUR HANDS" IS MY FAVORITE, FOLLOWED BY "GO AWAY", "IT HURTS", AND "CAN'T NOBODY" LAST.

'CLAP YOUR HANDS' AND 'IT HURTS' ARE LIKE A BREATHER FROM ALL TEDDY-PRODUCED SONGS THAT TENDS TO SOUND LIKE THE SAME AS THE OTHER SONGS HE PRODUCED (BE IT FOR 2NE1 OR YB)... BUT STILL THEY ARE GOOD AND IM SURE IT'LL BE A HIT. :)

I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE OTHER TEASERS FROM YG-LIFE BLOG.

I WANT TO HEAR THE SONGS PRODUCED BY CHOICE 37 AND MASTA WU AND ALSO THAT OTHER SONG FROM 'BIG TONE' (WHO WAS FEATURED IN YB'S INT'L ALBUM). I'M SURE IT'S A DIFFERENT SOUND FROM TEDDY AND KUSH-PRODUCED SONGS.

2NE1 NEW ALBUM IS LIKE A YG-FAMILY PRODUCED ALBUM.. DIFFERENT PRODUCERS/COMPOSERS/ARRANGERS WORKED ON THEIR ALBUM.

AND I AM EXCITED TO HEAR THESE DIFFERENT SIDES OF 2NE1!

ONLY A FEW MORE HOURS TO GO!!

LET'S DO THIS BLACKJACKS!

DOWNLOAD THEIR SONGS LEGALLY!!!

Archived