[drama 2008] Tokyo Shower 도쿄 여우비

Guest huangsy

Guest krazyklinzy

The shortest drama ever =P

I can't say I didn't enjoy the drama...I loved the first two episodes, but things just got so sad!! =\

I didn't really like the ending; I felt that she should have let go of Hyun Soo and gotten married w/ the Japanese guy...he was so nice to her!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest krazyklinzy

thanks to WITHS2 for subbing!

was wondering if anyone knows the name of the actor who played the japanese man who soo jin was supposed to marry... thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest prita

Otani Ryohei.....if i'm not mistaken he was one of the casts of MBC Soulmate...along with Shin Dong-wook & Lee Soo-kyung...

• 4 months later...

so I'm a bit late...I watched the first episode on TV today(states are slower) and it was so addicting that I ended up watching the rest of the series on mysoju.com.

what I like:

-Unlike many of the other posters, I like the ending. It makes me respect this drama more. They went for something different and weren't obsessed with pleasing viewers, unlike many dramas that change their storylines to match viewers' requests.

-Great acting, great scenery, great music.

what I dislike:

-the cliche "missed you by a glance/second" scenes

-the sangil character, does anyone else not hate this character?

-the drama's short length

• 1 month later...
Guest ms_s0cal

....now i know .not only the cloud is crying behind the sun . the fox who married the tiger is also weeping ..

but he wanted so much for her to be happy as well ..and letting her go was his greatest gift that he can give her . .to be what she should be . i really teared up when she wanted so much to have just another hour more ...to him .he let her go two years before .but for her .she hadnt have the time to fully take that in .. :tears: but she understand .his love for her was real .

i really like how they end the fable ..the clouds behind the sun ..weeping .but also to let the sun shine for her ..ah .

oh another thing .lol i must have imagine the sunshower at the end ..when she stretch out her hands , it was a clear and sunny sky~~

ahhhhhhh i just saw this right now!! (i know i'm so late!) finally got around to watching kdramas again... I TOTALLY agree with you here!!! ^_____^ i was tearing up on that last scene of them too! it was soo heartfelt! both actors did wonderfully portraying the feelings of these two lovers! you can see the hurt, the love in them!!! ooooooo i soo wanted them to ended up together!!!

but it's true, sometimes love just isnt a happy ending! no matter how much you are meant for that person, no matter how much you both love each other, because of circumstances..... u just have to let that one go ...

and you couldnt have said it any better about the fable they had here...

"the clouds behind the sun ..weeping .but also to let the sun shine for her"

I LOVE THIS MINI DRAMA! it was worth 4 hours lol! although i did wish it was just a bit longer! lol =P

• 1 month later...
Guest cheesecake

First of all, Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to share you guys my thoughts about this drama;

Anyways though, I was wondering where I could buy the DVDs and also the OST for this drama, I looked for it in Yes Asia but didn't find it there. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in Advance.

Hello Everyone! I'm even more late than you guys. It was re-rerun in Cable and in another local channel; I wasn't able to watch it due to KBS and MBC that time was running nice shows as well. So yeah, I love the first 2 parts of the Drama. I typically like the guy from the story who were snobby at first or mysterious. Then once he fell for the girl, he will love him dearly. Honestly, most guys are really not expressive with their emotions and guys are egocentric. They are more of a pride type personality. The first 2 sets of episode were great; It showed the development of the relationship how they gotten close to each other.

As I was watching this drama, it kind a reminded me of some other Korean Movie which have the same background music or style. Like the one from Kim Hee Sun and Jang Dong Gun's Movie Repechage.

So anyways, back to the topic; Man! I've been crying the whole time! Why oh why didn't they end up together? I think that it was Hyunsoo's insecurities were also the issue. That is why he was trying to do something with his life during those years, it just so happens Megumi was there doing her best to make Hyunsoo notice him. There were a lot of instances that they could have seen each other again and yet, like in most dramas the "almost chance" meeting scenes are there (I totally hate those kind of scenes hehehe).

But come to think of it, he was devastated. Emotionally crushed and broke at the same time. That is due to his depression, he wasn't able to full himself together and became a beggar that he almost lost himself (went crazy). But it still was Soojin who rescued him out of depression (remember from the episode after a year when he saw her on TV?); Realistically, most guys aren't able to wait. What hurt's even more is that he was the one that says that he'll wait forever in their special place. I myself don't like a promise of forever. Imagine how painful it was for Soojin longing for him from the past years that gone by. Actually both of them longed to be back in each other's arms; The scene from when Soojin went back to the restaurant with her Manager and kept reminiscing that fast made me cry a lot. So basically, Hyunsoo loose hope already and just tried to move on; And when he was trying to forget her, Megumi came into the picture.

Actually, Soojin didn't totally accepted fully Yuseuke's (Otani Ryohei) feelings. Like when he proposed, because she's sure of herself that she still have longing for Hyunsoo, even though she already knew that he have his own family. She still want to know the whole story behind; He regret it himself, but it's already too late; Like he says who knows what could have happened;

Let's see... anyone.. you think that their relationship could have been nice later on? Since during that time, Hyunsoo's a bit cranky; Although that was his personality and Soojin is bubbly most of the time... Any conclusion? For me, maybe if they could have ended up together; they'll be happy but there will come a time that maybe she might realize that it could have been nice if she became a successful actress as well. Hyunsoo doesn't want to be the one holding her back to fullfill her dreams. Who knows maybe if she didn't become successful she could have blamed him or Hyunsoo could have blamed himself for not letting her pursue an already starting blooming career. So meaning, this could have been an issue that could be brought up whenever they have a fight; That's because in the real world, love is not all about just being sweet to each other all the time. Because there will always be hardships that always test couples to work out a relationship.

But in some way, she was a lucky charm to both Hyunsoo and to their boss; Because ever since she was taken back by her manager, all the bad things happened one by one.

So basically, what the writer was trying to tell the audience was; Some things just happens for a reason; If you noticed, Hyunsoo wasn't the type of guy who open's up regarding is feelings. He's the type of guy that if he could try to avoid falling for a person he would. And only Soojin was the one who helped him to be true to himself and try to be more a bit carefree. Also, it was Hyunsoo who helped her overcome her emotional issues (the reason why she can't try to cry onscreen). That's why she thanked him for being the reason that she become a good actress. If anyone also noticed that Hyunsoo applied what he learned from his relationship with Soojin to his wife. That's why you couldn't see them arguing over small matters; (it wasn't really focus hehe since the writer was trying to incline that it is a happy marriage). Although his wife probably doesn't know that Soojin was his ex-gf; Although who knows if he really was open to his wife? Since he just said that he's home/back. And didn't even say where he was hehehe. Seriously, this could have been nicer drama if it was longer.

As I was watching this drama, it actually reminded me of a movie or I thought to myself that maybe it was a remake or something; Because of the scenes are very easy to figure out. I mean it's a very common story. Even though the writers and the Producer are Koreans, based on my opinion it's very Japanese... I mean not only that it was shoot in Japan but the way they ended it very tragically. It's totally a very heartbreaking story; It started out nice and ended up full of pain and sorrow. Although you could actually see it in other Korean Movies or Dramas.

Another reason that It made me cry was based on personal experience with love. I mean for me, this kind of love story can be even more appreciated if a person experienced such pain when loving someone deeply and had his/her heart completely torned apart (a very broken heart).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone have 720p link download for this drama besides Aigoo ?

I don't know why, but i can not access Aigoo from my country T__T

Archived