[help] Using Hjsplit To Join Files.

Guest wannaymoore

Guest wannaymoore

can't seem to join all the other parts, only the 1st.
So, there's this thing with HJSplit or HJjoin, I don't know whether someone has actually posted about this problem, but if there is, please do let me know. I'm gonna share with you my problems with this HJ program(s).

I downloaded some Love Letter episodes, in 3 parts. So apparently, it's being name as name.001, name.002, name.003. In that way.

900ek3.jpg

So with HJ Split program, I opened it. And pressed the "JOIN" button.

908pq2.jpg000ms2.jpg

And it lead me to this, So far up till here. It's going pretty fine.

1234qu1.jpg

There's a note saying : To Join a set of files, please first open the .001 file using the 'Input File' button. If the other files (.002, .003, etc) are in the same directory they will be found automatically.

Pressed the input file, and I get to the folder of files than I want to join them. So, it showed me this :

1789ar7.jpg

As it shown, (it's a little blurry though, but you may still can see it). There's one file only the .001 file, the other 002 and 003 part is not being shown. I clicked on it, and joined it. And as the note said, the other files inside the folder will be automatically joined. And as the working has finished, it only joined the 001 part, only the first part. Not joined with the other 002 and 003 part. On the folder, there's an AVI file, but only for the first part. I am new in using HJ Split, and not really fond of it, because I don't know how to use it. :P. Mind telling me why this happened, and is there a way for me to join them? Is my technique wrong? Please feel free to tell me. I seriously need help, and well Desperate. :)

Feel free to MSN me : shattered.promises@hotmail.com

looking at all your steps,u are working perfectly fine.

are u sure it just joined the first part?like it got cut off or smth?cos that should not happen and it probably meant that its the files that have a problem.

there's this once when i joined,and there's only 1 part.yeah its the files problem.>___> we cant do anything if its the files problem.

Its possible you downloaded different files

lv-30-1-22.mpg.part1

lv-30-2-22.mpg.part2

lv-30-3-22.mpg.part3

Try renaming those to be 1 instead.

HJsplit wants all the filenames to be the same with the difference in the .part1 .part2 ... .partN but the first part should be the same so when it joins it will turn into lv-30-1-22.mpg

Guest DKYang

Yea, you have to rename the files like awdark says. The only thing that must be different from each file is the last 3 digits.

• 3 months later...
Guest chubbycheek

I am sorry I know it's an old topic but I have the same problem...I cant rename it because it is all the same! I dunno why it's only showing 001..darnit I'm getting frustrated T_T There's really no difference! like you said its the last 3 digists..please help me!

Guest justxlouise

The name of your file must be exactly the same. Only difference you can have is the ending. Example:

title.001

title.002

title.003

Guest KAITOU KID.

I am sorry I know it's an old topic but I have the same problem...I cant rename it because it is all the same! I dunno why it's only showing 001..darnit I'm getting frustrated T_T There's really no difference! like you said its the last 3 digists..please help me!

doesn't matter if all you see is .001 file

as long as the other files (labeled as title.001, title.002, etc) are in the same directory, it will join them.

Archived