Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

Guest MinKieE

I just grab myself a pink psp :) its been not too bad with it.. except the fact that it is a firmware 2.81 lol. im waiting it to be cracked :)

Some of the good games i've heard lately:

EXIT

jean d'arc

locoroco XD

These are the more of the unique side of PSP... if they keep comming up with ps2 games, they are going to fail madd..

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo. So a pink PSP comes with the firmware 2.81, huh? Can you look at the side of the box with the barcode and look for a stand-alone letter. The letter may be around A-L (more than likely L).

It'll look something like this

dsc016701to.jpg

I just want to know so that I can note that Pink PSP's come with FW2.81 for another forum.

And yeah...hopefully someone's able to crack 2.81 since I want to downgrade my cousin's PSP after he upgraded to play Tony Hawk.

Guest wysiwyg

i want to buy a psp but i want to make sure that it can be downgraded. is there any way to find out the firmware? what should i look for (ie., serial number, etc...)? cuz the best buy and future shop website doesn't provide any information on the firmware.

i want to buy a psp but i want to make sure that it can be downgraded. is there any way to find out the firmware? what should i look for (ie., serial number, etc...)? cuz the best buy and future shop website doesn't provide any information on the firmware.

Odds are all the retail stores carry psp's which are too new of a firmware to downgrade. Your best bet is buying used (which you can examine the model at the store). Just say you want to try it out to make sure it functions.

Hm, What do I have to do in order to play psx games on my psp? I have firmware 2.60 right now. Do I have to upgrade/downgrade? I haven't really touched my psp in ages. :[

Guest MUGETSU

You need a PS3, wifi, and the latest firmware if you want to download from sony.

i dunno about homebrew stuff, but you'd probably need to downgrade.

anway...

I have 2 2GB Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo that can be used with the PSP.

I'm selling for $45 shipped. Its $48 plus shipping on newegg.com

They are legit, bought em at Circuit City. They aren't Hong Kong fakes.

I used them with my PSP when I still had it. I sold my PSP for a DS. lol sorry.

Let me know if anyone wants. Thanks.

fawse. Firstly, you have to upgrade to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.50. There is a 2.60 downgrader but the 2.71 one is more stable.

Downgrading a PSP

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guide...uide-90916.html

Installing a custom firmware so that you can play your OWN ripped PSX games.

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-discus...read-84905.html

This stuff will tell you everything. Well...mostly everything.

fawse. Firstly, you have to upgrade to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.50. There is a 2.60 downgrader but the 2.71 one is more stable.

Downgrading a PSP

This stuff will tell you everything. Well...mostly everything.

Thanks for the links. Got it working now. :]

Guest TrainDriver

hey guys i'm thinking of downgrading my PSP, and i'm not on the TA-82 mobo. anyway i'm worried that if i try i'll brick my PSP cos i'm a tool, so is it really easy that probably not much can go wrong? is it also easy to install homebrew and dev-hook to play the latest games and such? i have a lot of games that require late firmware.

Look at the fawse's quote above you. Those two links should answer your questions. If you're familiar with the process of downgrading, almost nothing can go wrong. Just make sure you're PSP is plugged and you should be set. And please read over the instructions over and over again until you're set.

Homebrew. Really easy to do. Download your emu's off pspupdates.com or something, drag and drop those into psp\game and yay :).

Devhook. Easy to install. But it'd be best to just install the custom firmware. Reason is because using devhook is just like using an emulator and like any other emulator, you can't access other emulators while using another...understand? Haha. Upgrading to the custom firmware will save yourself from going back and forth between devhook and the PSP's regular state...1.50.

Guest MinKieE

I have just got a friend to downgrade my psp firmware from 2.81 to 3.03 OPEN verison XD SOO very excited! :D

Anyway, 2.71 and beyond have been cracked.. just a little piece of information out there..

apparently u need an older verison of GTA and some patches... the GTA can be obtained through ebay right now.. but at least going for $100+.. ^____^"

all of the new pretty looking psp are a higher verison.. firmware 2.81+ but are able to be cracked.. :P

not sure about the more updated ones tho..

HEy shortboy. i dont have my box around me.. if u still need me to check the barcode i can sure do so :) but im pretty sure the new released pink/silver are 2.81. the blue might be at 3.03 :)

Guest buuberry

FW 3.10 is out

ppl with 1.5FW w/ custom FWs can upgrade there customer FW's to 3.10

aye! XD 3.1 works with the external camera and there is no need to access devhook! =) PS1 games can also be played with 3.1 :blush:

Castlevania will be out yr end! cant wait! :w00t:

Guest MUGETSU

damn. when i sold my psp they didnt have this 3.03 OE w/e its called.

=( i think ima go buy another psp. what firmware do I need to use this?

im playing FFT on my PS1 since my sister took the PS2. id be happy to get it on a psp and play it!

In order to use a custom firmware, it's a must that you start from 1.50. EVERY firmware from 2.00-3.03 is downgradable.

If you scrolled about halfway down this page, you would've seen these links...

Downgrading a PSP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I just bought a new PSP..

How can I transfer music/movies/photos into my PSP?

Use the USB cable, then 'Removable Disk' will be shown when we open 'My Computer'. But when I click that, the only folders are 'ISO' and 'PSP'.

In the 'PSP' folder, there are two more folders 'SAVEDATA' and 'GAME'.

So which folder do I put a PSP movie/ music/ photos?? I tried putting a movie into every folder there is but everytime it's 'no videos' in the video section.

Guest nuguya

Hi, I just bought a new PSP..

How can I transfer music/movies/photos into my PSP?

Use the USB cable, then 'Removable Disk' will be shown when we open 'My Computer'. But when I click that, the only folders are 'ISO' and 'PSP'.

In the 'PSP' folder, there are two more folders 'SAVEDATA' and 'GAME'.

So which folder do I put a PSP movie/ music/ photos?? I tried putting a movie into every folder there is but everytime it's 'no videos' in the video section.

You need to make folders that is named VIDEOS, MUSIC, and PHOTOS in the PSP folder.

Archived