Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

^ Yes, it is true. I believe the primary advantages are that it's going to be a sleeker design (lighter? thinner?) and they're going to redesign the analog stick. I think we all agree the analog stick is a pain to use. I don't know the full details, so try googling it.

:)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo....how many homebrew users (either 1.50/2.71-SE) are emulating 3.02...because I am :). Booster is way to awesome and I haven't ran into any maybe problems emulating it. Even better because exophase recently released a new gpSP emu and that's working like wonders right now. Too good.

hi guys. total noob here. :blink:

i got a psp as an early xmas gift but it's the TA one with 2.6 firewire. is there any downgrader that i can use to change to 1.5? or at least 2.0? i read through 10 pgs but still can't find anything. :(

Guest firelogic

Entertainment pack gives you a 1GB memory card it'll be the same price as a naked PSP + buying a stick separately. $50 for a SanDisk 1GB, or $80 for a Sony 1GB. On top of that, you can trade-in the pack-in game and movie if they aren't what you're looking for.

Naked = $230 + $50 = $280

Pack = $280 - value of the game and movie

Guest wysiwyg

Entertainment pack gives you a 1GB memory card it'll be the same price as a naked PSP + buying a stick separately. $50 for a SanDisk 1GB, or $80 for a Sony 1GB. On top of that, you can trade-in the pack-in game and movie if they aren't what you're looking for.

Naked = $230 + $50 = $280

Pack = $280 - value of the game and movie

if i trade/sell the game/movie at ebgames, how much will they give me? (by the way, i'm in toronto)

or is there another place you can trade/sell games?

Guest firelogic

Based on the game - ATV Offroad Fury, and the movie - Lords of Dogtown. I think you might get $10 - $15 total. But hey, $10-15 cheaper is still better than nothing right?

So you're actually paying $270 for the pack versus $280+. I just checked and the SanDisk 1GB stick is going for $80 now. The entertainment package is the way to go.

I'm in toronto too.:D

question,

the new psp games require an update from fw 2.6 to 2.7. i dont want to update since im still waiting for the 2.6 hacks. (:

so is there a program that tricks the psp into thinking that my psp is a fw 2.7 without really updating it? thanks.

firelogic, go get the entertainment pack with ATV. Those PSPs are almost guaranteed to have a firmware that's under 2.00. I believe it may be at 1.52. Go get yourself that one since all you'll have to do is update to 2.00 and then downgrade to 1.50. It's weird because a 1.52 downgrader never came out (or at least I don't remember there being one...) but there's definately a 2.00 downgrader.

Guest Dah_jOkA

for tha love of GOD! sumbody help me with this 3.02 FW emulation thing, i have no idea wth i need to do. Ive been away from the scene for WAAAAY to long hah

Guest firelogic

hahah, i've been doing a lot of research on devhook and custom emulators today cuz I think I'll pick up that PSP Entertainment pack.:)

From what I've read so far, it looks like 3.02OE is the way to go w/o needing to use devhook. Hopefully the PSP included in the Entertainment Pack has a non TA--082 mobo.

Here's a link for 3.02OE that I found.

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-discus...read-84905.html

I'm gonna take the plunge!!

Guest ichikawaii

i need help

well i just got a new game for my psp and when i put it in and i click the umd button and this thing comes up that says " to start you must update the system software" soo how do i get the system software thing updated ?? sorry i have no idea how to work these things :tears::tears:

i need help

well i just got a new game for my psp and when i put it in and i click the umd button and this thing comes up that says " to start you must update the system software" soo how do i get the system software thing updated ?? sorry i have no idea how to work these things :tears::tears:

attach your psp to an ac adapter and a computer then start the updating process. dont remove anything during the upgrading! it shouldn't be that hard... :blink:

Guest firelogic

Well, Futureshop has the core PSP on sale for $180 and is including a Body Glove PSP Case for free. On top of that, Best Buy is selling 2GB SanDisk Pro Duo memory sticks for $50. So add in a USB cable and it's still cheaper and better than the Entertainment Pack. So the question is...am I almost guaranteed to get an old version PSP with the Entertainment Pack that I can run custom firmware on, or should I just buy the Core and Stick at the sale price?

**All Prices Canadian.

Guest ichikawaii

attach your psp to an ac adapter and a computer then start the updating process. dont remove anything during the upgrading! it shouldn't be that hard... :blink:

ok now i am going to sound totally dumb but how do i start the updating process?? do i have to download it? or..... something else.

ahhh im so stupid sorry for bugging you :tears::tears: and thanks for telling me that much. :tears::tears::tears:

:blink: omg didn't know you guys needed THIS much help.

@dajoka

How are you doing it? Get the Devhook .51.1 <- the .1 is important. That will let you emulate 3.02 without flashing your flash1

@Ichikawaii

how are you playing your PSP?

Do you have the 1.5 firmware or 2.8 or below? If you do, you SHOULD be able to run devhook to emulate 3.02 firmware while keeping whatever firmware you have.

@firelogic

Im pretty sure you're guaranteed to get new PSP with the latest firmware thats unhackable. 2.82 seems very common these days and im pretty sure they have no way of downgrading that stuff.

It sounds gross... but consider visiting a forum to buy a used 1.5 firmware PSP. Personally I got a 2.02 one in great shape for $100... it was just missing the stupid joystick nub. Downgraded to 1.5 upgraded to 3.02 OE-A soon B

@all

All non TA-82 users...

To all with 1.5...

3.02 OE-B is out! I will update...

BUT one feature I think most of you will like is it can EMULATE ALL PSX GAMES! :ph34r: time to start ripping my PSX games!

Archived