♣ ♠ ♣ Foundation& Face Powder Thread. ♣ ♠ ♣

Guest momo panda

;) I just love the skin tone face powder, it hides all your blemishes on your skin. Just as simple as that. I don't like liquid foundation because it itchy my skin.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest apple_

does anyone use Maybelline's mineral powder foundation? I'm debating whether or not to buy it, and I also dont really know what shade to get....

Maybelline_27oct08_b.jpg

any reviews?

Guest illumine*

Anyone using Laneige Snow Crystal Dual Foundation?

I'm planning to buy it online, but I have no idea how light/dark the shades are. :)

I have it. I'm an NC25-NC30 and I have the shade #23 sandy beige.

NC20 would be #13 like Fuzkittie.

This beauty blogger is NC25 and her shade is #21.

So you get the gist. Increments of 5. NC35 would therefore be #31. Hope that helped. ^_^

Can anyone recommend face powder that has medium coverage? Loose or Pressed, any would do. ^^ As long as it has some coverage, but is NOT a foundation that does not clog pores [plzzz can anyone recommend non-comedogenic]. ^^

Preferably any of the following:

High end:

Laura Mercier, Laneige, Nars, Shisheido

Drugstore:

L'oreal, Maybelline, Maxfactor, Revlon

*these are the only ones I can remember that are readily available to me :( *

Thank you in advance~ ^^

Guest c.to_

does anyone use Maybelline's mineral powder foundation? I'm debating whether or not to buy it, and I also dont really know what shade to get....

%7Boption%7DMaybelline_27oct08_b.jpg

any reviews?

I got that in Nude ( light 4 ) I'm asian, btw. And the colour was pretty orangey. The coverage looked cakey and didn't control oil at all. I refuse to use it anymore. lol The brush was stiff, but i gues it would do for a beginner.

I've stopped using it a while ago. I emptied out the contents into another jar ( that i don't use) and filled it up with my PF mineral loose powder ( because their packaging is bulky)

oh, i also bought the concealer in Nude again ( Light 4) thinking that buying the corresponding concealer colour would work. The concealer colour was too light. The texture the concealer is very liquidy, and provides/light med coverage. It definitely does NOT cover acne. It puts on a sheer layer over it, but not cover. It's really blendable. But once again, since it's not my colour, i don't use it.

Guest beana*

any reviews?

I wanted to like it but I didn't. It didn't give me enough coverage that I needed so when I would try to build up the coverage I would look cakey. It didn't last long on my face I notice within maybe 2-4 hrs I didn't like the way I look like I did at the beginning of the application. About the brush I just threw that cheap thing away and used a kabuki brush that I already had. I bought mine in light 5 and for reference I'm an NC 25-30 in MAC. I didn't like this mineral foundation at all I hated it now that I think about it. Like the poster above me said it kinda made me some what orangey.

For more reviews go here.

Guest 13miku

I like Shu Uemura pro concealer. It's $23, but a little goes a long way; i've had mine for over a year. it's thick, yet creamy with great coverage but it doesnt look heavy.

Thank you!! ^^

ive been reading through the pages and im really confused.. I have like some red spots left by my acne and i was wondering what i should use to cover them up.. Smashboox photofinish primer in green (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P9889&categoryId=S10853&shouldPaginate=true) or Clinique redness solutions daily protective base SPF15 (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P201441&categoryId=B70) ? O.O and about the foundation.. i dont know which one i should buy between shiseido and MAC *-) Like.. shiseido.. people told me like. its better for asian people but MAC is also a good brand.. so I really dont know.. ><

Guest GiRlli3

what do foundation and powder do you think is good and recommend for a teenager?

I'm looking for a foundation that's natural looking and are good coverage.

thank you^^

and not too pricey too... still jobless...><

Guest xwinnie_lovex

what do foundation and powder do you think is good and recommend for a teenager?

I'm looking for a foundation that's natural looking and are good coverage.

thank you^^

and not too pricey too... still jobless...><

that would depend on your skin type

oily/normal/dry

i suggest you watch this :]

okay so right now im using maybelline pure makeup liquid

it was recommended by michellephan as a foundation thats good for summer

i dont need that much coverage cuse my skin is pretty good

but i found that this foundation is really good

it blends in well (unlike some revlon foundations i tried) and it doesnt feel like i have any foundation on

it in the lightest shade cuse im super pale :o

Guest aishiteruhoney

I'm currently using Bare Minerals..

I might switch to Everyday Minerals soon

'cause I've heard they're less pricey and c

ontain less of some chemical thingy that makes

you itch when you sweat in Bare Minerals lol

Guest lekaaa

I use Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Foundation. Its great! It really makes my skin look flawless and smooth. I don't use the sponge thing they have though. I open it and use a kabuki brush. Seems to work better that way.

surrealskin1.jpg

Guest lets_rockie_it

ahh i use Bare Escentuals bareMinerals

and i love it!!

it makes me look soo natural, well except for the blush of course lol

and with a bit of concealer on the redness and cover that up with the powder and the veil and

vooouuaaahhh-laaahhh! .......all DONE!!!!

and then some blush along with that of course and bam im done! thats how quick it is!

you dont need none of that cakey stuff it takes me only about 5 min to do my face makeup....

i have the bare mineral box kit set and i love it!

its so complete cause it has the blush with it too

and also besides my face wash products thats been working on me

i feel that this makeup product has also help me with my skin....i just recently started to put on makeup like a year and a half to 2 yrs ago and using this product along with my artistry products both has help me with my face clearing!

Guest Jenn*

I have skin that tends to get shiny and red in hot temperatures, can anyone suggest a good DRUGSTORE pressed or loose powder?

Please&Thank you :]

Guest gingerpeach

Any MAC NC-35ers who have experience with Revlon Colorstay? :) I'm going to pick up a bottle tomorrow, but I'm afraid I won't pick the correct shade. (That's the most annoying thing when it comes to switching foundations.) :S

Edit 6/25: Nevermindd, I found it! For reference, I got Golden Beige. ^_^ I've read that Warm Golden works too, but has undertones that are more on the pink side. (I'm Asian w/ yellow undertones, btw.)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JenJenn

Im kinda clueless about these like foundation products and such..

when you put on Foundation, do you have to put on like a Base or anything first ?

:\

edit : when talking about moisturizer..is it just regular lotion ?

Guest lemon-spice<3

I tried liquid foundation but it became all dry and cakey after I put it on...even with moisturizer. Can anyone tell me how to use liquid foundation or recommend a good brand? And also, does anyone even recommened liquid foundation or anything else?

Guest HighSkies

My skin always looks kinda shiny but not oily. Can anyone suggest a good powder to stop the shinyness without looking cakey? Price tag not a problem and not a foundation of any shape or form if possible please!

Guest Ivory Rose

Im kinda clueless about these like foundation products and such..

when you put on Foundation, do you have to put on like a Base or anything first ?

:\

edit : when talking about moisturizer..is it just regular lotion ?

I put on a foundation primer (smashbox photo finish) before i put my liquid foundation. i also use a foundation brush (MAC 188).

for me, i find that using the primer before foundation helps it go on smoother and it stays on longer throughout the day. i also have a more even coverage.

as for moisturizer, i don't use just regular lotion. i have one that's just for the face since i have sensitive skin and the regular lotion i have is just too oily/heavy.

Archived