♣ ♠ ♣ Foundation& Face Powder Thread. ♣ ♠ ♣

Guest momo panda

Guest MISSxSHAMPOO

I am trying to buy a loose powder foundation but i am kind of iify in what to purchase since i never used loose powders before.

i am kinda leaning towards the clinique but i am not sure.

i want to try the redness solution one because i have acne scars on my cheek so i was thinking it would cover it up.

P232339_hero.jpg

Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

and theres...

P122668_hero.jpg

Blended Face Powder and Brush

i am not sure what to get. or do you suggest something else?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mishi-san

^ I use the blended face powder and its sheer ( I also have scars on my cheeks both of them!) I like it, its very sheer, light so it doesn't feel like I have anything on my face! I didn't like it at first because of the sheerness ( I was so used to medium covereage from my superdouble powder pressed powder) But as time went on, its now my everyday powder makeup since its summer here and i want something really light. It stays on the whole day for me, i have to blot my nose though!

It evens my skin tone, doesn't completely cover my scars I have to use concealer to cover the scars first. And it matches my skin tone perfectly, doesn't break me out, I actually think it calms my pimples down when comapred to my pressed powder, but it could be wishful thinking hahah When I used a heavier foundation for going out, put a bit of blended face powder and it looks FLAWLESS, so I love putting it over foundation aswell =)

As for the redness solutions it sounds verrry enticing lol I want to try it!!

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

Does anyone here used Revlon photo ready foundation yet? I know it doesn't have a good review on MUA, but I'm still curious about it :P

I recently got Clinique's Redness Solutions. The brush is sucky. Use you own brush.

It doesn't really do a lot when used by itself. Sure, it neutralizes SOME pink, but it's better over a foundation. (:

I'm not impressed though. Never buying it again.

Guest hoanistabtq

Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Treatment is very good. They are usually around $12 ish each. Oil-free and stay on for the whole day.

Guest flyxme.

im using duwop's foundation of youth

really great on my skin, but not enough product for its price :/

and dramatic veil powder which is also very nice, it has a shimmery glow

Guest acoustieSonia

Does anyone have high-end face powder recommendations? I have normal skin with no redness or pimples and just a bit of oiliness (so mattifying isn't a requirement). I've never tried a powder because i don't need to blot. Now that I want to try one I believe it's worth it to splurge on powders.

I'm looking for a pressed powder (preferably Chanel, maybe Dior/Guerlain or an asian brand like Laneige/Paul&Joe) which has brightening and whitening properties, gives skin a healthy radiant glow and evens it out, provides a flawless look, and hopefully is designed specifically for or works really well with asian skin, cancelling out my yellow undertones. Either slightly mattifying or dewy is fine. About medium coverage, shouldn't be super natural or sheer because I would use it mainly for going out. Shimmery effect is good too. Ahhh.. anything??

Guest mszxtiine

i use coastal scents brand new undercover high definition foundation. i'm the color ST05.

16865_1290772704161_1075530034_30920723_5248520_n.jpg

this is what the foundation looks like on my skin. absolutely no photoshop. it's only been resized to fit the screen. i love it because i can be dewy if you use a light moisturizer underneath and only use the microfinish powder in the tzone. if you want a matte look you can use the powder all over the face. photos absolutely amazingly. one bad thing, no SPF >:[ but you can always use a moisturizer with SPF underneath.

hoped that helped anyone who was looking into the coastal scents foundation.

full review on my tumblr : click here

Does anyone have high-end face powder recommendations? I have normal skin with no redness or pimples and just a bit of oiliness (so mattifying isn't a requirement). I've never tried a powder because i don't need to blot. Now that I want to try one I believe it's worth it to splurge on powders.

I'm looking for a pressed powder (preferably Chanel, maybe Dior/Guerlain or an asian brand like Laneige/Paul&Joe) which has brightening and whitening properties, gives skin a healthy radiant glow and evens it out, provides a flawless look, and hopefully is designed specifically for or works really well with asian skin, cancelling out my yellow undertones. Either slightly mattifying or dewy is fine. About medium coverage, shouldn't be super natural or sheer because I would use it mainly for going out. Shimmery effect is good too. Ahhh.. anything??

I personally believe that one should splurge on stuff you put on your skin and near your eye. I really like the Laneige Pact (that's a slide cover). I haven't tried other high-ends (poor student, XD) but yeah.

Good luck~

Guest reallyAmused

^I prefer liquid just because it's the easiest for me and it gives me a dewy look. Maybe powder = most matte?

Also has anyone used Shu Uemura's Face Architect Fluid/Cream foundation?? I'm trying to figure out if I should try the liquid one or the cream one. I have combo skin and prefer at least medium coverage.

Edit: oh oh oh gonna make this a two-parter: if you have tried it, what shade were you?

momo panda: It really depends on what kind of coverage you need and what kind of skintone you have. The general trend is powder for oiler skintypes and liquid for drier skintypes. Never tried mousse though. :P

I just started using MUFE HD Foundation after hearing all the hype about it. ^^

MAKE-UP-FOR-EVER-HD-FOUNDATION.gif

So far, it's been great. I have fairly normal skin, with drier cheeks now that it's winter and slightly oily T-zone. Occasional pimples only. I can really tell the difference it makes in evening out my skin tone. With some light cream concealer underneath in some areas, it still feels super light on the skin.

I haven't tried taking pictures with it on yet so I can't say much about the whole "HD" thing but my question is, is it supposed to look so powdery on my skin? It's not cakey, just looks really obviously powdery in the mirror especially around my mouth. I do use moisturizer and primer underneath. I've heard some people mix their liquid foundation with their moisturizer to make it dewy too. Anybody with insights?

Guest birthdaycakes

As powder is one of the few things I use, it is one of the things I also spend money on. I haven't tried butt-loads of powders though since I sorta hit it spot-on when I decided to buy Chanel's poudre universalle. I bought it in the lightest shade, Clair. It runs about $50, but it's worth it. The powder is extremely finely milled, gives the face a flawless look, doesn't look cakey at all. I don't know about 'whitening' properties, but it does give the face a look of freshness once it sets. I also rarely have to do any touch-ups.

My only gripe is that the flimsy little applicator they give you is pretty worthless, so use your own pouf or better yet, use a brush. I was kind of like, "huh?" when I applied with their applicator, but when using my own brush, I was very happy. This powder wears like a dream.

Another powder I like a lot and recently got is this Japanese brand: Sana's Maikohan pressed powder (SPF19). It only comes in one shade, and it is quite light, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you've got a pale skintone. This is better as a finishing powder and great for evenings. There are little microshimmers in the powder, which is also very finely milled and carries a vague scent of cherry blossoms. I like it because it's quite sheer (so I wouldn't buy it for coverage), but really gives a very flattering radiance to the face. This one is not high end per se, and it was quite cheap ($15; I think some places sell it for $20), but I'm really pleased with it. It also has a pore minimizing effect which some other people have mentioned in their reviews (go look it up on MUA to read those reviews).

I also might add that both of these powders have lovely packaging, which is a huge plus, as I'm a sucker for nice packaging!

Guest twentyoneloveee

hey guys! i have never used foundation or any face power before but would like to start. my skin is not horrible but i really like the flawless look. problem is... i dont know how to use foundation? some people use setting powder, concealer and whatnot before they put on their foundation. then they put on bronzers and such. i have NO IDEA what their purposes are and what order you should apply each. could someone please give me a headstart? i just need to know the order of how you do your face makeup and whats the reason why you need it. pheww sorry its kinda long :D any help is appreciated!

edit: sorry, i dont know if i posted in the right thread

Guest child2child

Does anyone here used Revlon photo ready foundation yet? I know it doesn't have a good review on MUA, but I'm still curious about it :P

I haveee. I love it! I posted a review in the Foundation Review thread and on my blog. It's the same post lol

Guest c0lap1nada

^I prefer liquid just because it's the easiest for me and it gives me a dewy look. Maybe powder = most matte?

Also has anyone used Shu Uemura's Face Architect Fluid/Cream foundation?? I'm trying to figure out if I should try the liquid one or the cream one. I have combo skin and prefer at least medium coverage.

Edit: oh oh oh gonna make this a two-parter: if you have tried it, what shade were you?

Cream has more coverage. The fluid is quite light... but I love it on my skin. I'm a uh.. 564. I use the fluid 564 with 5yr medium mark concealer.

Guest 小星星

Currently using: Chanel Lumiere in Clair.

I LOVE IT! Looks so natural and light. It doesn't look fake, powdery or unnatural. I like the scent though many are turned off by it.

I had used Diorskin before but I find Chanel's much better and the price difference isn't that much.

Hower, I find Dior's packaging and pump to be much nicer than Chanel's.

As for BB creams, most of the shades are too dark for me ><. If anybody is either a NC20/Clair (Chanel)/#20or 21 in Dior, and has found a BB cream shade that matches, let me know!

Guest zombienarc

I wanted to look for bb creams that give a dewy finish but i ended up buying the wrong one because the sales assistant from etude house told me Etude House's Precious BB cream Mineral in Sheer Silky Skin does give a natural glow. Well it does not but in fact the results are matte. But i don't wanna waste this bottle of foundation and so i mix it with maybelline's White stay UV Base in green 03.

146-0012.jpg

I bought this hoping that it might help to correct the redness(due to acne) on the apples of my cheeks back in high school. But hmm, i couldn't say the results are great. This product gives a ur skin a natural glow. Back then my skin was really oily and red and so the natural glow that the product gives make my face looked really oily and its gross. So i stopped using it.

Etudehousepreciousmineralbbcream.jpg

And now my skin have gotten better, no more redness and not that oily...i simply mix it with this matte foundation i got from etude house and the results are awesome =D its natural looking and dewy. It stays put on my face for hours cz the etude house foundation controls sebum.

Image credits to google

Guest speakeasy

Currently using: Chanel Lumiere in Clair.

I LOVE IT! Looks so natural and light. It doesn't look fake, powdery or unnatural. I like the scent though many are turned off by it.

I had used Diorskin before but I find Chanel's much better and the price difference isn't that much.

Hower, I find Dior's packaging and pump to be much nicer than Chanel's.

As for BB creams, most of the shades are too dark for me ><. If anybody is either a NC20/Clair (Chanel)/#20or 21 in Dior, and has found a BB cream shade that matches, let me know!

you should try brtc's jasmine water bb cream. It's definitely one of the lighter BBs out there. I'm a NC20 and it fits/brightens slightly pretty well.

Archived