♣ ♠ ♣ Foundation& Face Powder Thread. ♣ ♠ ♣

Guest momo panda

Guest Annabel_Elric

I use Boots No7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation. I have my full review here.

Copy and pasted from said review...

This foundation's main ingredient is WIN. Because it's just that amazing. True to it's name, it is indeed a mousse. The texture is light, airy, and yet rich. When applied it simply melts into the skin providing a rich powdery matte finish. I read such raving reviews of this product and I am now a believer.

When I first applied it, the color seemed a little too light for my skintone. However after a few minutes it seems like the color began to match perfectly. There are currently about 5 shades ranging from light to dark. And the shades appear darker in the jar. It also comes with a small scoop.

You only need the smallest amount to get great coverage, the jar will last you quite some time. It's airy texture makes it feel like you're wearing nothing (on your face). The jar is made of glass and has the appeal of a high end designer product, but without the high end designer price tag.

The price vs quality ratio are second to none. My shade is Blonde.

img4072x.jpg

img4073qb.jpg

img4082p.jpg

img4085j.jpg

img4087h.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest birthdaycakes

I use the Missha Perfect Cover BB cream (no. 21) if I need foundation. It smells nice, is not too pricey, and it really does give me a studio finish.

I almost always wear powder though, and for that I have Chanel's poudre universelle in 'Clair'. It's a translucent pressed powder that is amazing and manages to keep my skin looking fabulous throughout the day.

Another powder I carry around is Urban Decay's de-slick mattifying powder. It's another translucent powder, but if you have oily skin and get a shiny face throughout the day, this takes care of it splendidly.

Guest fasionfreak321

QUESTION: What's a good foundation or makeup routine to acheive that dewey-flawless look? I'm tired of the matte look :T I don't have pimples..

Lancome Photogenic Liquid Foundation. I'm not sure if that's how you spell it. I use this after moisturizing my face with a regular facial lotion and it gives me a look just like that one. Normally, I have combination skin, but it looks dewy upon application. When I bought this, the lady at the Lancome counter told me that this foundation is called Photogenic because it was used by makeup artists on models before photoshoots because it made the skin look perfectly photoshopped. Coverage is light which is perfect because you don't have acne. I use concealer and sometimes lightly brush on mineral powder if I want a matte look. Hope this helps!

I was wonderig if anyone wears the MAC studio finish liquid foundation, and if they got any breakouts? I'm using the revlon right now, and the colors a bit off :T

i have combindation/acne prone skin.. and i really want a new liquid foundation.

so far i've been using everyday minerals for the past couple years.. but now i really want to get a liquid one t_t

can someone please recommend me something?

i'm looking for something a bit dewy..

and won't break me out >__<

thank you

Guest perezosa

i have acne prone skin, so i use clean and clear oil control powder.

i like it, but for powders in general, do we use the same puff/pad everytime?

like all the bacteria is going from the face to the puff and is placed back in the powder for every application, right?

do we wash it after every use so that the bacteria doesn't build up inside the compact ... ?

idk if it's just me getting paranoid that i'll break out.

so lately i've been just using a cotton pad (not the puff it comes with) and powdering myself, and i change the cotton pad for every application, meaning like 5 or so cotton pads each session~

idk if it's just the OCD in me that is doing this or what.

please help :] gracias.

Guest asaake

^^^ To the post above.

If you are afraid of bacteria on the powder, you can just put some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and give it a few mists on the surface of the powder. For the powder puff, you can buy a pack from any drugstores, they are pretty inexpensive. You can either throw it out or wash it's when you think it getting dirty.

i have combindation/acne prone skin.. and i really want a new liquid foundation.

so far i've been using everyday minerals for the past couple years.. but now i really want to get a liquid one t_t

thank you

Hey there. I recommend the Laneige Dual Foundation. I have combo skin that gets occasional pimples and this liquid foundation really works for me.

You could also try BB Creams. I alternate between the Laneige liquid foundation and the L'egere White Multi BB Cream. Surprisingly, the L'egere provides a more opaque coverage.

Hope that helps..somehow. =)

thank you

try clinique? superfit is good for controlling oil, and if you want the dewy finish, do not powder over it.

ettusais is good for acne prone skin too.

U also can try revlon colourstay too. fantastic for oily skin.

like all the bacteria is going from the face to the puff and is placed back in the powder for every application, right?

do we wash it after every use so that the bacteria doesn't build up inside the compact ... ?

idk if it's just me getting paranoid that i'll break out.

so lately i've been just using a cotton pad (not the puff it comes with) and powdering myself, and i change the cotton pad for every application, meaning like 5 or so cotton pads each session~

idk if it's just the OCD in me that is doing this or what.

please help :] gracias.

u buy 2 puffs,one for outdoor touchups,the other toapply when you are at home.And u can try washingthe puffs everyweek or so with antibacterial wash or shampoo.

or you can get those disposablepuff and change them every week.

Guest Yuri_xo

HELP!.

can someone recommend me whats the best/good loose powder or pressed powder

at any drugstore stores? i dont have that much money -.-''

right now im using avon mineral powder and its makes my skin look cakeyand dry T_T

my skins gets oily especially my "T" zone area

help me please thank you ^^

Guest kikkie

I started using foundation because my skin got really bad after I went to college due to a bad reaction to salicylic acid in a new face wash.

I bought Revlon Colorstay in Normal/Dry and in Buff. The color matches my skin so perfectly, it's unbelievable. There's no oxidization either (so it won't turn you orange (like Maybelline)) throughout the day.

It looks horrible when you have dry flaky patches but great if you have good skin. Like, it didn't cover my acne well (accentuated it actually) but since most of my acne has been healed, it looks great on my skin for covering up redness. The redness makes my face look darker than what it really is so foundation covered that right up.

Coverage is light to medium (depending on how much you apply) and application is easy. I either use a wet sponge or just clean fingers to pat it on.

I set with Clinique's Redness Reducing Powder, which neutralizes some pinkness and the foundation just stays on all day (it looks even better as the day gets on).

Guest milk tea!

I would suggest buying a pack of puffs, instead of reusing one. I think buying a nice makeup brush (wash once a week) would be a nice investment though...

Guest liimegreeen

I was wonderig if anyone wears the MAC studio finish liquid foundation, and if they got any breakouts? I'm using the revlon right now, and the colors a bit off :T

i've tried the MAC studio finish pressed powder, and it was really nice...i've heard the foundation is pretty heavy :/

Guest birthdaycakes

HELP!.

right now im using avon mineral powder and its makes my skin look cakeyand dry T_T

Before I could afford another powder, I was a huge fan of Cover Girl pressed powders. There's one in a silver compact I liked, and another in like a dark blue/violet compact that was also good. Check out some of the reviews on makeup alley, it is a pretty nice product for cheap!

HELP!.

If you don't mind silicone, you could try the coastal scents silica powder. I personally really like <3

Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder is pretty nice as well.

Guest Yuri_xo

Before I could afford another powder, I was a huge fan of Cover Girl pressed powders. There's one in a silver compact I liked, and another in like a dark blue/violet compact that was also good. Check out some of the reviews on makeup alley, it is a pretty nice product for cheap!

thank you for answering my problem ^^

i saw the review's that other people commented about it

and im gonna try it ;)

thank you again B)

Archived