[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Preview is now up. Looks like MJ die....but it looks like its just a dream......not sure really. Could someone please translate? Thanks!!

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/unmyung/view/preview/index.html

The PD sure does make me think I was looking at a Taiwanese idol drama with the echoing voice and the thundering drum! :lol:

Geesh, not only did they lose the storyline but they also lost the Kdrama touch :lol:

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lantawmako

Preview is now up. Looks like MJ die....but it looks like its just a dream......not sure really. Could someone please translate? Thanks!!

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/unmyung/view/preview/index.html

i wish its not a dream, then my only regret is they didn't kill the character early on.

i would rather SB be caught up in a love triangle than this crazy obsession of a mother for her son...its really really sick.

Guest divasma

Is it really a 'law' in Korea that a person can only be a donor once in a year? Or is this something the writers dreamed up for the story line (which IMHO is lousy). I have a friend whose son is quite ill with a type of leukemia. His first stem cell transplant did not work and he is having a second today. It seems illogical that a very sick person could withstand two transplants in less than a year yet a healthy person could not donate? I don't understand this? Can someone explain?

Maybe it doesn't really matter - just get YAMD over with already.

YAMD 173 [Ental rip. skyeler's source]

YouTube: ------

VEOH HQ: -----

YAMD 174 Preview [full-screen viewable]

YouTube: ------

VEOH: ----------

NOTE: First available YAMD full-screen previews are usually on
l00bia's YouTube Channel

[Text]

Original text:

174회 :: 2009년 1월 5일 월요일

호세는 새벽을 찾아가고 새벽이 깊은 고민에 휩싸이는 사이 미옥은 마음의 결정을 내린다. 대구는 복지사업을 진행하면서, 복동이가 파양돼서 다시 보육원으로 돌아왔음을 알게 된다. 태영은 교수임용에 성공하고, 민정은 죽음의 공포 속에서 하루하루를 보내는데......

Translation: Korean (automatically detected) » English

174 times: Monday January 5, 2009

At dawn the morning after a deep concern for Jose to make the decision of the heart miok hwipssayineun 42. During the welfare of Daegu, bokdong this payang know I'm back is to come back to the orphanage. Tae-yeong in the on-line success, and the people in a single day, to send the fear of death ......

YAMD streaming for all episodes,

including E-Subbed episodes 001-114 from SoShi-Subs for viewing and HQ download,

including Chinese-Subbed episodes 001-current from TuDou.

SoShified 001-114: ---
[Official SoShi-Subs Streaming Site]

VEOH 001-114: -------
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs version]

VEOH 115-138: -------
[E-Subbed KBS-World version]

VEOH 115-173: --------
[RAW]

YouTube 075-172: ----
[RAW with English translation transcripts]

MySoju 001-135: -----
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs & KBS-World versions]

TuDou 001-167: ------
[Chinese-Subbed]

YouKu 001-172: ------
[RAW]

Only 5 more episodes until the end of this farce! :)

Thanks again for the translations of eps. 163 & 164, sweetheart0085 and 46527eu4!

Simba3K thanks for the caps and megaupload link for ep. 173

Things are drawing to a close and I’m actually on the edge of my seat wondering exactly how the writers are going to “try” to clean this mess they have created. It hurts me to no end to see a show with such promise get destroyed by the same people who created it. It really is a shame :(

Anyhoo, guessing from the previews it could go several ways:

1. MJ lives, MiOk dies

2. MiOk lives, MJ dies

3. Both live…maybe MJ gets the transplant first and MiOk is able to hold out longer before she gets hers? (it could be the ultimate sacrifice MiOk gives for SB by allowing MJ to get the transplant first instead of SB having to chose who she donates to)

4. Highly unlikely outcome--both MJ and MiOk die

Is it really a 'law' in Korea that a person can only be a donor once in a year? Or is this something the writers dreamed up for the story line (which IMHO is lousy). I have a friend whose son is quite ill with a type of leukemia. His first stem cell transplant did not work and he is having a second today. It seems illogical that a very sick person could withstand two transplants in less than a year yet a healthy person could not donate? I don't understand this? Can someone explain?

I asked my friend who is a doctor in the US. She pretty much explained though the donor maybe healthy it is still an intense procedure and the donor needs time to rest and allow the body to recoup the bone marrow taken. So, most doctors would not advise the donor to donate again in a short time period.

Besides the patients waiting for a donor are put on a list so just because one person who matches isn’t able to do it there are others on the donors list who can provide a transplant.

For the sake of drama and what not most TV drama shows make it so that only one person is a possible match and the rest of the donors on the list don’t match or have already given so are unable at this time to give any more donations.

How 'bout bringing back Bokju?.... :unsure: They can have her be a match for MJ; SB can save Moik, BJ can save MJ, and BJ can rule the big house having YR and MJ waiting on her hand and foot..."YURI, get my slippers! MJ!, Bring me a glass of water, and be quick about it!!!!" :P

ahh did she die did she ahhh have to wait till monday!! ... dont tell me its all just a dream and MO is the one who really died!.

Guest kamsammi

I don't like MJ to die before she gets a slap on her face and apologizes for all the dirt she did. Dying won't relief the viewers if MJ takes her wrong personality with her to the grave! I need an apology scene before she goes to the hell.

Thanks again for the translations of eps. 163 & 164, sweetheart0085 and 46527eu4!

Simba3K thanks for the caps and megaupload link for ep. 173

Things are drawing to a close and I’m actually on the edge of my seat wondering exactly how the writers are going to “try” to clean this mess they have created. It hurts me to no end to see a show with such promise get destroyed by the same people who created it. It really is a shame :(

Anyhoo, guessing from the previews it could go several ways:

1. MJ lives, MiOk dies

2. MiOk lives, MJ dies

3. Both live…maybe MJ gets the transplant first and MiOk is able to hold out longer before she gets hers? (it could be the ultimate sacrifice MiOk gives for SB by allowing MJ to get the transplant first instead of SB having to chose who she donates to)

4. Highly unlikely outcome--both MJ and MiOk die

I asked my friend who is a doctor in the US. She pretty much explained though the donor maybe healthy it is still an intense procedure and the donor needs time to rest and allow the body to recoup the bone marrow taken. So, most doctors would not advise the donor to donate again in a short time period.

Besides the patients waiting for a donor are put on a list so just because one person who matches isn’t able to do it there are others on the donors list who can provide a transplant.

For the sake of drama and what not most TV drama shows make it so that only one person is a possible match and the rest of the donors on the list don’t match or have already given so are unable at this time to give any more donations.

The fact of the matter is that the writers have been pretty inconsistent in discussing any of the medical issues surrounding this drama. If SB is to give a transplant she should give it to her bilogical mother since she's a match and there is less of a likelihood of MiOK rejecting the transplant. Why have her give to MJ who is not even related to her and has a higher risk of rejecting the transplant. It's just too unreal and too much in excess. Why have SB the only donor for both her mother and her mother-in-law. It's a no-win situation, if she lets her mother die she'll be filled with regrets for the rest of her life and if she lets MJ die than no matter what her relationship with HS and the family will be in jeopardy. I thought the name of this drama implied love's destiny not mother's choices.

I am so.... glad that it's almost over although I can't possibly see how they can tie up all of these loose ends in 5 "realistic" episodes. MJ appears to be holding on to HS to the very end, like some sort of demented fatal attraction. Oh well, I guess they could use the old 1-2 years later ploy.

Guest ldalyassi

I don't like MJ to die before she gets a slap on her face and apologizes for all the dirt she did. Dying won't relief the viewers if MJ takes her wrong personality with her to the grave! I need an apology scene before she goes to the hell.

thank you kamsammi, you made my day by making me laugh so hard.....

Guest Banana Peel

I highly doubt MJ dies..

Although that would be pleasant.

But the previews always makes you get excited for nothing D:

I really really hope it's not the outcome which MJ lives and MiOk dies.

Gosh, that would suck.

Guest lantawmako

The fact of the matter is that the writers have been pretty inconsistent in discussing any of the medical issues surrounding this drama. If SB is to give a transplant she should give it to her bilogical mother since she's a match and there is less of a likelihood of MiOK rejecting the transplant. Why have her give to MJ who is not even related to her and has a higher risk of rejecting the transplant. It's just too unreal and too much in excess. Why have SB the only donor for both her mother and her mother-in-law. It's a no-win situation, if she lets her mother die she'll be filled with regrets for the rest of her life and if she lets MJ die than no matter what her relationship with HS and the family will be in jeopardy. I thought the name of this drama implied love's destiny not mother's choices.

I am so.... glad that it's almost over although I can't possibly see how they can tie up all of these loose ends in 5 "realistic" episodes. MJ appears to be holding on to HS to the very end, like some sort of demented fatal attraction. Oh well, I guess they could use the old 1-2 years later ploy.

and of course the most ridiculous thing is, what are the chances of the match for 2 different patients will come from one donor?.

Guest imkayla

Hello YAMD fanatics!!

I'm soo frustrated :angry: ! It seems like Media Korea TV situated in New York City (Time Warner Cable) has switched to some new network called ??EBS?? so no more KBS World :(. They haven't showed YAMD since Tuesday. Anyone know anything about it? Is it going to be permanent?

Guest XiahxTiffany

wow im only on episode 165 when hosee tells saebyuk to break up with him

but i dont noe wat happens lol

can someone tell me if they really break up

are u serious so hosee is really going to divorce? 0_0

thats really dumb after all that hard work and stress

hes going to let away the only person that could cheer him up

w/e i guesss thats hosee's decision ... sigh* i always thought he was a good man :(

^

Don't worry itachixneji ...it was a lapse in HS's judgement because his mother is dying and its her wish.

The writers were trying to throw in some extra drama and use the whole "even though my mother has been evil she is still my parent and I have to try to aplease her since she is dying and fulfill her wish ploy"

...which of course doesn't work with us because the writers made MJ too evil that nobody can really feel all that sorry for her.

Guest averrose

2. Have any of you tried to remember or recall something and it drove you crazy because you couldn't???? The music that played in the scene where Charles is at the airport on the telephone talking to Yeonshil at the dance studio was so familiar to me and I could not figure it out for the longest time. It was driving me nuts. I finally remembered though. It is from another very famous Korean drama. Brownie points to anyone else who can remember.

I had the same thought, but even after looking a bit through this thread, I can't remember the other Kdrama. And I had that song, too, until my hard drive died and I lost it :/

Which drama was it, if you don't mind? It's stuck in my head now.. :)

Guest dan8mycat

In the preview, MJ's death is probably just a dream.

Possibility: We know that MiOk will do whatever to make SB happy. She'll probably be noble and tell SB to donate to MJ so that the MJ/HS relation stays strong and therefore MJ may (hopefully) become closer with SB. MJ death would only bring burden between SB/HS/Yuri/their company etc. MiOK knows better and will probably sacrifice her own life and happiness for SB.

So will MJ grow a heart after all this?

or maybe not; its just a theory :phew:

I'm just watching to see how MJ will treat SB in the end. We know there's some good in MJ! :)

Archived