-----------------------------------------------------------------

ra123

Guest st3phieee

Here's MINE:

Jay Dilla, Talib Kweli, Little Brother, Tabi Bonney, Mac Dre, Tupac, Zion I, Nickatina, Mos Def, Nate Dogg, Common, Atmosphere, Pinc Gator, Binary Star, Warren G, Lupe Fiasco, Jurassic 5, Mobb Deep, E40, Federation, Kaz Kyzah, The Team, Too $hort, Mistah FAB, E-A Ski, N.W.A., Del the Funky Homosapien, The Jacka, Grouch, MF Doom, Biggie, Dilated Peoples, Souls of Mischief, Marley, Wu Tang, A Tribe Called Quest, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Gift of Gab, Visionaries, Snoop, Clipse, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Unknown Prophets, Nas, Blackalicious, Felt (Murs and Slug), Nujabes, Hieroglyphics, Decompoze, Brother Ali, Saul Williams, Zap Mama, The Roots, De la Soul, Spearhead, People Under the Stairs, Husalah.

My current would be: Little Brother (Phonte & Big Pooh), I saw 'em at Paid Dues Event just this weekend. :wub:

Guest trangtwo

Daaang y'all listed a lot of 'em. Umm the two that I can think of, that have not been listed yet are: Ras Kass, Pharoahe Monch

Guest st3phieee

You went to the concert in San Bernardino? How was it?

Haha I wanted to see Living Legends! Grouch is my fave!~

hella sick. i thought this year was the best outta all 3. can't wait for rock the bells. you goin?

hella sick. i thought this year was the best outta all 3. can't wait for rock the bells. you goin?

I'm jealous. No lie. I should have went! I live in Irvine so I could have been there in a couple of hours.

Rock the bells 08? Absolutely, absoluteeeely! I swear on my mother's grave haha.

I'm getting excited to see the artist list in detail!!! Where are you from?

RTB_ad1.jpg

BTW: The minstrel Show was a pretty sweet album by Little Brother.

Guest st3phieee

^

ah yes the 949. i hella miss 949. I used to go to UC Irvine so yeah. Now I'm back at the Rside.

Can't wait for the artist list to come. I wanna see Kweli again. Till then, anyong! =]

^

ah yes the 949. i hella miss 949. I used to go to UC Irvine so yeah. Now I'm back at the Rside.

Can't wait for the artist list to come. I wanna see Kweli again. Till then, anyong! =]

no way! UC Irvine? Haha 949 represent! You transferred to Rside? What year in Univ are you in?

Me too, I love kweli :lol:

I can't wait to see Slum Village as well!

With that said my video commitment of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLBTgUGzKMc

hahaha

Guest C.R.E.A.M

Can't call yourself a hip-hop fan if you don't have these albums.

illlm7nq3.jpg

Edit: raskass1.jpg

This too, IMO best album lyrically. I miss the 90's hip hop =/, every artist was ill.

^

As much I like Tupac Shakur (2pac) I liked him best when he was rapping about the hardships of living in the ghettos and matters of racism. After his, "me agaisn't the world" album release he went more towards heavy thug and gangstar rap :/

His first solo album:

2pacalypse_now.schmiddy.jpg

Much respect.

Some of my favorite 90's albums:

brandnucov.jpg

tC9JK_306837_l.jpglzzzzzzz.jpggrand.jpg

1992.jpg

I love this:

koolgrapun8.jpg

madkap93.jpg

lyte.jpg

EDIT:

Souls on Ice was a pretty overlooked album. Sucks how Ras Kass's lyricism never got any credibility.

Guest st3phieee

no way! UC Irvine? Haha 949 represent! You transferred to Rside? What year in Univ are you in?

Me too, I love kweli :lol:

I can't wait to see Slum Village as well!

With that said my video commitment of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLBTgUGzKMc

hahaha

second year. where do u go? man i was never feelin the whole anteater thing i mean wth. but now it's like dang i'll holla ZOT ZOT neday, knamsayin? the only good thing bout Rside was i got to see Lupe, The Cool Kids, and MOS. thassit ;)

onto current specifics: jacka, decompoze, tabi bonney, felt, andre hicks, a tribe called quest & el hermanito (phonte & big pooh) :D

second year. where do u go? man i was never feelin the whole anteater thing i mean wth. but now it's like dang i'll holla ZOT ZOT neday, knamsayin? the only good thing bout Rside was i got to see Lupe, The Cool Kids, and MOS. thassit ;)

onto current specifics: jacka, decompoze, tabi bonney, felt, andre hicks, a tribe called quest & el hermanito (phonte & big pooh) :D

Yup, I hear ya. I go to the home of the anteaters ZOT ZOT! Haha, I'm a first year actually. I love mr. Mac Dre aka (andre hicks) Do the thizz dance! haha. R.I.P

B00005MLVF.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Mm-hmm my playlist fave for the day

• 2 weeks later...

Archived