Is It Strange For Non-christians To Wear Cross Jewelry?

Guest すみ☆

Guest fallenframes

i steer clear as i feel uncomfortable imagining me wearing any.

although, i'm not against people who are non-religious and choose to wear it.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest simply korean

I do think it's a tad bit strange, but I don't mind if people do.. although i'm catholic XD

isn't jaejoong from dbsk an athiest or something? but he wears cross earrings :P

i think i read that he's christian in the "O" album ( the thank you messages in teh O album)

Guest fiery_raye

my friend used to .. and i remember we questioned her about it

being like "do you know what the cross represents" and she didn't

know .. so yes i do think it is strange .. it's a symbol of jesus and

that he died for us .. you shouldn't wear it if you don't believe in him

that's my opinion though

Guest understanding_fiction

I do think it's a tad bit strange, but I don't mind if people do.. although i'm catholic XD

isn't jaejoong from dbsk an athiest or something? but he wears cross earrings :P

i'm pretty sure JJ's christian

but changmin is buddhist and i'm pretty sure i've seen him wear a few crosses before

Guest promises

LOL thats so controversial.

umm usually when people wear cross jewelry, especially like

gold cross necklaces ...

they're suppper religious and have like mega catholic belief.

but... if you're not Christian or anything ..

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WEAR IT?

its kind of like me wearing an

KISS ME I'M IRISH T-SHIRT

.... im not irish, LOL

i think it'd be sort of disrespectful to if you didn't believe in

Jesus whatsoever considering its like their holy symbol, ya knoww?

mm but if you're all for Jesus

and respect his teachings & whatnot, then go ahead and rockkkk it HAHA.

i mean you don't have to be Christian to wear a cross.

Guest gloriouskies

They sell swastika earrings, too. I have a swastika ring and was going to buy some earrings. But the only problem is, you can basically only wear it in Asia without getting weird looks.

It's got its meanings in Sanskrit and Buddhism so that's probably why they were selling them and why you don't get stares in Asia.

To be honest, there's a different between the decorative symbol of a cross and the religious symbol of a crucifix. People can frankly wear whatever they like - non-Christians wearing crosses and the likes. It would be kind of ridiculous though to see a non-Christian with a crucifix. Personally, I'm not christian and don't feel comfortable with the idea of wearing a cross because I've grown so accustomed to seeing it in a religious manner.

+ Jaejoong converted to Christianity some time ago. All of DBSK are Christian/Catholic (excuse me for not being specific on this) except for Changmin who's Buddhist (and has his share of cross jewelry).

Guest everythingxxelse

personally i think it's a little weird.

i'm christian, i'm not really sure what the difference is between a crucifix and a cross (i'm guessing crucifix has a little Jesus on it or something), but i know the cross is a pretty chrsitian symbol. you see it, and you think of christianity, or atleast i do.

like i think it's strange when people wear the star of david, when they aint jewish, or a kabbalah bracelet (that hand thingy, with the red) if they're not practising kabballahists, but just doing for the fashion.

i dont know

i think it's weird, to me anyway.

Guest JJ no Baka

i have cross earrings and cross anklets. i think its stylish but wrong if youre not a christian. my friend is a catholic and she said that the cross should only be worn as a necklace and nothing else.

Guest melon

I don't believe in anything particular so I try not to wear anything that slightly symbolizes religion.

I just think it is offensive to those who are religious. It feels like I'm taking something they take seriously as a way of life as just a stupid fashion statement, something that is just aesthetically pleasing to our eyes... I mean if I were them, I would feel a little bit offended.

i'm so afraid that someone i know will get offended, so i steer clear

i guess it's ok to wear them around people who don't know you though? i mean it's not like strangers will go up to you and ask about it.

same here. i used to wear a cross back when i was into gothic stuff and a christian friend of mine told me i shouldn't. i felt kind of bad after. :mellow: so i stay away from anything that has a cross on it.

Guest .moony.

im buddhist and i wear cross jewelries...they are so pretty. I never really thought much about it. i never got weird looks or questions from any1 either. They prob think im christian lol

Guest shim shim hae

i'm christian, but i don't really care if other people wear it.

i'm sure the religious christians would definitely have something to say about it.

Guest star17s101

hmm i dont know..im a christian and i have a cross necklace that i consider a religous symbol and its very important to me..but i also have a whole bunch of other cross neckalces and earrings that i wear for fashion..iono i guess i agree that nonchristians shouldnt wear crosses..cus it originally is a religous symbol. but then you cant really blame them either cus the cross is used ALOT for fashion and all..

but then wearing like a jewish symbol or buddhist would be considered kinda weird of you arent one..and its not used for fashion either..why crosses? haha okay this thread has officially given me a headache x]

Guest ginger

I was raised Catholic so I have a bunch of really fine quality cross necklaces/earrings. I still wear them sometimes for sentimental value even though I don't consider myself to be a Christian anymore. For instance, my boyfriend got me a beautiful garnet cross necklace from the Czech Republic and I don't want to just stop wearing it.

-ginger

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

i dont really mind when others do it, although i would never do it

i think its a little bit odd and disrespectful to take a religious symbol and wear it for the sake of fashion

Guest Ms.Tran

Personally.. i think it's more funny.. if you're atheist or believe in another religion...

why would you go around with the most meaningful and powerful physical representation of Christianity

hung around your neck or dangling from your ears?

kind of ironic : P but people still do it.

Exactly.

Archived