[drama 2008] When It's At Night 밤이면 밤마다

Guest kdramafanusa

Aw shucks. I had hoped to see her over at Lawyers, because that show is hilarious. (And I had the strangest, whascko dream last night of KBS and HCH getting mixed up with MG and the others... KBS was called in to appraise the autheticy of smexy coffee shopguy's coffee, and then found out by accident that the pillows on MG's sofa are actually some artefact used belonging to some emperor, and somehow HCH and YK were fighting teeth and claws over wether the pillows should be brought to the museum or not, while MG and KBS had a battle of wits... Really whacko. :sweatingbullets: )

hahaha! you got the bad case of kdrama fix, you're even dreaming about them...

I'm surprised, too... this thread moves so fast, and it has so many good discussions in it!

As for crying characters... there's a time and place for that... if it gets too much, I'm turned off. Like, HCH is close to annoying me because what made her appealing (her strength and how she fought back her tears) is replaced by that typical heroine-cries-her-heart-out-twice-per-episode type of person. Which I can't stand at all. Which doesn't mean I think Suna's a bad cryer; as far as crying goes, she does a great job. :)

you better run for cover! threaders might get you! J/k!!! hahaha :tongue2:

CH actually bounced back after her first cry scene (ep 10), she was smiling after KBS comforted her...yeah the second one, i can forgive her there, i think she couldn't help it because she was intoxicated...(i do that sometimes) hahaha!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest llyh90
I think the article did some research on which Korean actors/actresses would be best to play the roles of the Sex and the City characters if the movie was remade in Korea. Kim Sun Ah was chosen to best play Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), Kim Hye Soo as Samantha (Kim Catrall),Kim Ji Soo for Miranda and Son Ye Jin Charlotte. Jang Dong Gun, meanwhile, was chosen as the most suitable actor to play Carrie's boyfriend, Mr. Big.

:)

Gosh!

This would be so cool.

Loved SATC, will love it even more if Kim Sun-ah is in the korean remake!

Jang Dong-gun is sizzling hot too.

They would make a great couple.

Guest kanshu
hahaha! you got the bad case of kdrama fix, you're even dreaming about them...

Seriously... I'm so addicted, it's keeping my brain occupied even in the night! :wacko::crazy:

you better run for cover! threaders might get you! J/k!!! hahaha :tongue2:

CH actually bounced back after her first cry scene (ep 10), she was smiling after KBS comforted her...yeah the second one, i can forgive her there, i think she couldn't help it because she was intoxicated...(i do that sometimes) hahaha!

The problem is not that HCH cries, in itself. She's human, and a human cries when sad or extremly happy (unless they have some emotional handicap and can't cry). But she doesn't fight her tears any more, that is what bothers me. In the beginning, she was at least fighting and biting back her tears. I thought it was extremly touching when she just cried on KBS shoulder after he recued the book for her. But since then, she's been crying openly so much; and so the scenes where it should count (like, when she's hugging her brother), it looks cheap. Like someone said "cry now so that the scene gets more sappy!" even though Suna herself didn't seem to feel those tears (my impression of her acting here), because the scene would've worked well without her tears. Eyes brimming with tears is fine, that I would've bought... but not her open tears... Does that make any sense at all to anyone outside me and my warped brain? :blush: :sweatingbullets:

Or are you going to follow LDG's dramas from now on, too? His performance is sure intense. I wonder if he'll be able to return to it after his military service, or if KBS is one brilliant shining moment in his career, acting wise.

Let me guess... Maybe KBS is shining because of Kim Sunah. She brings out the best in her men. Just look at MNIKSS and She's On Duty.

Guest kanshu
EPISODE 11 PREVIEW is up!!

http://swf.imbc.com/wwwswf/Content/20087/preview_11.swf

OMO! OMO!!! TL kang Hugging CH!! KBS jealous?!?!?!?!?

Woah!

Kim Sang's back! And KBS is using little brother, for what, getting "back" HCH? That movie theatre looked like a "break-up" scene, perhaps KBS said (or HCH asked) to end their fake dating? And the hug scene was priceless. I'm sure that TL Kang was just comforting her, but I'm also sure that KBS will jump to all kinds of conclusions. Oh sweet jealousy.

(BTW, keep an eye on HCH's body language; her attention is always focussed on KBS, not TL Kang.)

Now I'm curious as to what will happen!

Let me guess... Maybe KBS is shining because of Kim Sunah. She brings out the best in her men. Just look at MNIKSS and She's On Duty.

I'm sure that being out up with a good actress is part of it, but his acting style is quite different from everything I've seen so far of him. It's more like he's throwing everything he has into this character of KBS, like for that moment, there's no more distinction between KBS and LDG, whereas in all his earlier shows, there always was that invisible line where you could tell that below the character is a different person... but now, LDG just seems to cease to exist when the camera rolls... It kind of bit me when I watched the NGs and interviews, there's a noticable transitory moment between KBS and LDG.

Compare it with Suna, for example, who switches between character and "normal on-set person" much faster.

Guest kanshu
woah,woah.

i kinda knew that was gonna happen though. :)) If TL Kang won't interfere, then the love story between KBS and HCH would be too fast and kind of boring. :)

Yes... and there's also the question of what Lady Wang will do!

But poor KBS looked really down and rejected in those scenes. And Kim Sang will be back! I hope, Kim Sang and White Suit Guy will create a nasty, evil mess for everyone to struggle with. I'd like to see the team close up ranks and fight as one, for once. That would be great! They need more team spirit.

BTW, love your sig. :)

Guest jastinel
Good Morning to you, too. :)

Horror Films! *shudder* I think, that's about the only genre that I give wide berth to. :sweatingbullets:

Ah, so sad, Jastinel. I thought I'd see you over at the Lawyers thread... I thought if you like WIAN, Lawyers would be just up your line of shows that you might like, because it's fun and has great acting.

Ah well.. I guess that we'll meet in a thread about Suna's next drama. Or are you going to follow LDG's dramas from now on, too? His performance is sure intense. I wonder if he'll be able to return to it after his military service, or if KBS is one brilliant shining moment in his career, acting wise.

I would love to be in the same thread with you Kanshu, you made everything easy for me to understand.

I wish you can write a storyline for Suna in the future, cause I believe you can be a great writer.

I don`t think I would follow LDG`s project, As I`ve said, if Suna is not in it, I wouldn`t watch it, In Bin`s case, I tried to watch his movie and TV drama, but I`m not happy about it, may be because Suna is not his leading lady, but Bin, GY, KSW and LDG will always be my favorite among Korean actors. I`m happy to hear news about them, but I don`t participate in their forum. I`m not a fan of anybody even during my younger days. It`s kinda late when I became a fan of a Star, to think, she`s not a Filipino, it`s funny that I admire someone whom, I cannot be able to see in person and I can`t understand her language. I think, I love Suna because, there is no other actress like her, with an excellent talent, good personality and reputation.

Weeehhh...TL Kang had his chance to show CH that he cares for her.

Guest jade_frost
Yes, he mumbled about it after his meeting, but what I'm missing is the short scene where he actually goes and gathers information about what's going on. One sentence would be enough... Or perhaps, that is the reason why he's sucking up to Tie Guy and his Pink-shirted colleague? Those two certainly know a lot about the inner works and politics of the Museum, so he might just think about milking them for information.

KBS just muses about it with CH and then doesn't give it further thought.

Woah!

Kim Sang's back! And KBS is using little brother, for what, getting "back" HCH? That movie theatre looked like a "break-up" scene, perhaps KBS said (or HCH asked) to end their fake dating? And the hug scene was priceless. I'm sure that TL Kang was just comforting her, but I'm also sure that KBS will jump to all kinds of conclusions. Oh sweet jealousy.

(BTW, keep an eye on HCH's body language; her attention is always focussed on KBS, not TL Kang.)

Now I'm curious as to what will happen!

Kim Sang finally reappears after an episode's absence! Reprieve for our couple before the fury? I would have thought that the vengeance to be wrought would have come fast and furious. Or have the baddies planned some elaborate scheme?

It didn't sound like a break-up scene. More like a disagreement of views? Judging from body language and the way CH's eyes have been lighting up when she sees KBS, that was nothing more than a comforting hug which KBS will misinterpret. She looked distraught.

I've been wondering about the scroll that was donated to the museum. It was stolen 7 years ago by CH's dad? But I'm sure Jang, the white suit guy, mentioned something about Kim Sang helping him to get the scroll 7 years ago in Ep9. So does Kim Sang play the role of intermediary between thief and the chaebol? :blink: And which fellow would have the audacity and skill to sneak and steal these artifacts that have been successively returned to the museum from under Jang's nose.

Guest melyssa
According to c-subbers, CH told KBS that she saw her father in the subway. She followed him, but it's not him. She's crying and drinking because of her disappointment of that person not being her father. That's how I understood from the c-subbed episode, but that guy sure looks like her father. Realistically, I don't know how CH would be able to run to the other side of the platform in time to verify that man's identity before the subway train takes him away.....

I've also just watched the C-sub version and am puzzled about this part! I really believe that man is her dad! There is more to this part and hopefully the subsequent episodes would shed some light on this. If it's not her dad, why need drown herself so miserably? HCH is not like that.

...As to where my source is, it's mbc daum cafe.

Thanks so much ebrigid for sharing these little juicy snippets here. Please keep them coming. I've visited mbc daum cafe too but I do not understand what they are sharing and have always wanted to know the latest snippets shared there. As long as you post them in SPOILERS format, and we know where your source is, we will take them with a pinch of salt. So, please continue .... ^^

EPISODE 11 PREVIEW is up!!

http://swf.imbc.com/wwwswf/Content/20087/preview_11.swf

OMO! OMO!!! TL kang Hugging CH!! KBS jealous?!?!?!?!?

TL did hug her but she did not hug him back!! I like KBS's facial expression too! TL looks like he's wanting to go after HCH too. Competition between TL and KBS! Exciting!

Horh!! Why was little brother stunned about the mention of Hong Gil-dong ? Could he be the one? Looks exciting!

Plot looks intensifying and I like that~!

My, my , this is getting exciting. Love to see the jealous KBS.

But why that scene in the theatre? Wonder what is happening?????

And poor little brother - why is he being used? He's the one returning

the stolen artifacts? Boy, there are so many questions to be answered.

Hope that Monday is here soon.

And as usual, guys, just love coming in here. It's so interesting. Thanks

for all the lovely contributions one and all.

Guest kanshu
I would love to be in the same thread with you Kanshu, you made everything easy for me to understand.

:) I'd like to return the compliment. You're always an inspiration here in this thread.

I wish you can write a storyline for Suna in the future, cause I believe you can be a great writer.

Well, writing story lines is not the problem... I have, like twenty or so on my PC. I can drop you one if you like. :wacko: The problem is writing a decent story, writing a script, and most of all, having the heart of a writer. Which, much to my shame, I admit i don't have. It's not my strength to write good stories. That's why I always remain an unskilled wannabe-amateur. But your wish makes me very happy. :)

(If you have any illusions about me being anywhere above wannebe-amateur level, this should heal any misconceptions and persuade you otherwise: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/61743/kanshu :sweatingbullets: It's really embarrassing, I should delete it sometime.)

Besides, even if I had a good storyline, I doubt that it would ever get anywhere near someone in the industry who'd actually read it, even lest get it turned into a movie. :) I'd say that in comparision, the chances of winning the main prize in the lottery are decidedly better! :)

I don`t think I would follow LDG`s project, As I`ve said, if Suna is not in it, I wouldn`t watch it, In Bin`s case, I tried to watch his movie and TV drama, but I`m not happy about it, may be because Suna is not his leading lady, but Bin, GY, KSW and LDG will always be my favorite among Korean actors. I`m happy to hear news about them, but I don`t participate in their forum. I`m not a fan of anybody even during my younger days. It`s kinda late when I became a fan of a Star, to think, she`s not a Filipino, it`s funny that I admire someone whom, I cannot be able to see in person and I can`t understand her language. I think, I love Suna because, there is no other actress like her, with an excellent talent, good personality and reputation.

I see... our reasons for watching are so very different. But that makes me twice as lucky to have run into you in this thread. :)

Weeehhh...TL Kang had his chance to show CH that he cares for her.

I don't know... I can't help it, but I feel sorry for TL Kang. I mean, put yourself in his shoes. Outside of the social stigma of being a widower with child, HCH is also part of his team, he's her superior. Add to it that HCH's confession came totally out of the blue and unexpected for him; he probably spent a sleepless night mulling over the best way to handle the situation. Also, I think he did have feelings for her prior of her confession, but those feelings were so buried and stomped down that he didn't really notice them until he was smacked in the face by his jealousy.

But now he thinks he's too late, and he's fighting so hard to keep his feelings for her bottled up, pretends to be relaxed around her so she won't see that he rues his rejection of her... How much must that hurt? Would you want that kind hurt?

Kim Sang finally reappears after an episode's absence! Reprieve for our couple before the fury? I would have thought that the vengeance to be wrought would have come fast and furious. Or have the baddies planned some elaborate scheme?

It didn't sound like a break-up scene. More like a disagreement of views? Judging from body language and the way CH's eyes have been lighting up when she sees KBS, that was nothing more than a comforting hug which KBS will misinterpret. She looked distraught.

I've been wondering about the scroll that was donated to the museum. It was stolen 7 years ago by CH's dad? But I'm sure Jang, the white suit guy, mentioned something about Kim Sang helping him to get the scroll 7 years ago in Ep9. So does Kim Sang play the role of intermediary between thief and the chaebol? :blink: And which fellow would have the audacity and skill to sneak and steal these artifacts that have been successively returned to the museum from under Jang's nose.

I really wished I could understand the dialogue. It's kind of frustrating, because the body language and all just tell half of the story. Human communication is such a complex thing... *sigh*

I hope that the writers will make proper use of the Kim Sang Whitse Suit guy duo. I.e. Kim Sang was introduced as a dangerous man, and I'd hate to see him go to waste.

Let's hope that the final 6 episodes will show this show at its full potential and give us something really satisfying to talk about!

Guest kanshu

If he really doesn't give it any further thought, then he's getting careless. That "situation at hand solved, let's go to the next item at hand" way of handling things can be helpful, but it also can be quite damaging, i.e. in such situations like KBS is facing them now.

I mean, he's not dealing with street peddlars, there's much more power involved, and if the bigwigs get at each other's throat, then he should be ready to jump boat at the right time. He should know that much... But perhaps, it's his ego doing the thinking again? :sweatingbullets:

My, my , this is getting exciting. Love to see the jealous KBS.

But why that scene in the theatre? Wonder what is happening?????

And poor little brother - why is he being used? He's the one returning

the stolen artifacts? Boy, there are so many questions to be answered.

Hope that Monday is here soon.

And as usual, guys, just love coming in here. It's so interesting. Thanks

for all the lovely contributions one and all.

Well, "using little brother" as in, using him to get to HCH... at least that's how it looked. Of course, the scene could be completely different; if that wasn't KBS... or if it was KBS but he HCH's little brother ran into Kim Sang and his men? It could be the prelude to a fight scene, especially since the brother doesn't look very happy.

Guest ashleesimpson

hehe I love kim jung hwa in this drama

she's so cute, she always acts like a princess, love her

Guest jastinel

Kpopit,ebrigid or Helena... can you translate this article in English. (Forgot her name)...she already posted a gist of this article, but I want to know more. This article was posted by mzpakipot, about Sex in the City remake survey/poll.

(Not related to WIAN)

몇년 전 미국에서 TV 드라마로 시즌 6까지 이어가며 엄청난 인기를 몰았던 'SEX AND THE CITY'가 올해 영화로 제작이 되어 다시 바람이 불었습니다.

드라마가 영화로 제작되었을 때, 대부분 실망하기 마련이지만 어찌됐든 캐리의 사랑은 끝장을 보게되었고 화면 속 화려한 의상들은 여성들에겐 충분한 눈요기가 되었을 것이라고 생각합니다.

이 미 몇년 전 끝난 드라마이지만, 영화로 다시 제작되면서 다시 한 번 우리들의 입에 오르내린 이 때, 한국의 배우들 중에서 역할에 가장 잘 어울릴 만한 배우들이 누구인지 2008년 7월 17일부터 7월 23일까지 팟찌에서 리서치를 해보았습니다.

팟 찌녀들의 다양한 의견을 수렴해보고자, 주관식으로 리서치 결과를 받았습니다. 총 608분이 리서치에 참여해주셨고 그 중 여성분들의 비율이 80%, 26세부터 35살까지 연령대가 57%였습니다. 'SEX AND THE CITY' 타켓스럽지 않나요?

너무도 다양한 의견을 주신 만큼 공개해보겠습니다.

첫째로 사랑에 죽고 사랑에 살 것 같지만, 역시 우정이 금이라는 가치를 잘 아는 캐리의 역할은 누구랑 가장 잘 어울릴까의 질문이었는데 주관식이다보니 국내 여배우들의 이름은 다 나온 듯 합니다.

1위는 9.3%의 지지를 받은 김선아입니다. 삼순이로 굳어진, 씩씩하고 멋진 여성의 이미지가 아직 잘 잊혀지지 않는 걸까요? 2위는 현재 대한민국 30대 싱글녀 이미지로 제대로 각인되고 있는 최강희가 6%의 지지를 받았습니다. 드라마의 힘이 참 큰 것 같습니다.

3위는 공동으로 엄정화와 김정은이 5%의 지지를 얻었습니다. 역시 이름만 들어도 고개가 끄덕여지지 않나요? 캐리와 어울리는 국내 여배우가 너무도 많습니다. 그리고 영화 '싱글즈'에 출연한 장진영도 다음으로 높은 지지를 받았고 이미연, 공효진, 김혜수, 예지원이 있었습니다.

두번째 설문으로 화끈하고 섹시한 왕언니 사만다 캐릭터와 잘 어울리는 국내배우 1위는 무려 40%의 지지로 김혜수가 차지했습니다. 주관식 리서치의 특성상 이런 퍼센트가 나오기 힘든데, 역시 섹시한 언니로 김혜수가 자리매김을 잘 하였나봅니다. 2위는 12%의 엄정화, 3위는 배우가 아님에도 4%의 지지를 얻은 이효리입니다. 사만다 역할은 무조건 섹시하고 화끈한 이미지로 뽑아주셨습니다. 그 밖에 오윤아, 이경실, 변정수 등의 의견이 있었습니다.

[클릭하시면 원본크기 이미지를 보실 수 있습니다.]

세번째 설문, 냉정하고 이성적이지만 캐리와의 우정에서 따뜻한 면을 보여주는 미란다의 캐릭터는 누가 잘 소화할 수 있을지는 7%로 김지수가 차지했습니다. 요즘 '태양의 여자' 로 다시 떠오르고 있는데, 설문은 역시 트랜드를 반영하고 있습니다. 2위는 6%로 송윤아입니다. '온에어'에서 깐깐한 작가역할과 매치가 잘 되어 보이네요. 3위는 4%의 신은경입니다. '엄마가 뿔났다'에서 변호사 역할인데 극 중 미란다도 변호사 역할이라 잘 어울렸나 봅니다. 그 밖의 스타로는 이태란, 이미연, 고소영 등이 있었습니다.

네 번째, 사랑스럽고 여성스러운 캐릭터 샬롯은 누가 적격일까요. 1위는 6%의 손예진입니다. 눈웃음 자체만으로도 너무 사랑스러운 그녀지요. 2위는 아주 근소한 차 5.7%의 송혜교입니다. 사랑스럽고 여성스럽기로는 손예진, 송혜교가 막상막하입니다. 3위는 5%의 김태희입니다. 똑똑하면서 예쁜 그녀의 이미지가 큐레이터인 샬롯과 아주 맞아떨어집니다. 그 밖에 한예슬, 한지민, 김정은 등이 뽑혔습니다.

마 지막으로 캐리와 만남과 헤어짐을 반복하다 결국 영화에서 해피엔딩을 맞는, 캐리의 어쩔 수 없는 남자친구 빅 캐릭터가 가장 잘 어울리는 국내 배우 1위는 5%의 장동건입니다. 대부분 듬직하고, 또 여유있어 보이는 그 미소와 흡사 빅과 많이 비슷하다는 의견들을 주셨습니다. 2위는 4%의 정우성입니다. 요즘 '놈놈놈'으로 다시 멋진 모습을 보여주고 있는데요, 혹시 그 이유일까요?

3 위는 3%의 정준호입니다. 최근 종영항 '내 인생의 마지막 스캔들'에서 최진실과 아웅다웅하며 결국 해피엔딩이 되는 모습에 많이 공감하신 것 같습니다. 어쨌거나 극 중에서 빅은 결코 '좋은놈' 만은 아닌데 뽑힌 배우들로서는 마음이 어떨지 모르겠습니다. 그 밖에 이병헌, 차승원, 이서진 등이 있었습니다.

가상으로 해 본 리서치이지만, 위에 뽑힌 배우들과 함께 한국판 'SEX AND THE CITY'를 만들어본다면 어떨까 하는 기대감으로 리서치 기사를 마무리하겠습니다.

.., :P interesting pics mzpakipot your fast in posting pics ha..,

..,aahhh can't wait for the nxt episode :sweatingbullets:<_<

..,TL Kang hugging HCH but HCH not hugging back hmmm... <_<

..,what do you think guys?? why HCH didn't hug back?

and what do you think KBS reaction and what's in his mind when he see Kang hugging HCH.. <_<

Archived