[drama 2008] When It's At Night 밤이면 밤마다

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest fruitcake

It's wishing tables, you write your wish/prayer on it, and then the tablet is smashed during a ceremony to make the wish come true (at least, if I understood the procedure correctly in 18 vs 29, where the lead characters were doing the same thing at a different temple...)

thanks for the explanation! =)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pmmonkey

got a Q...

in Ep 7 when HCH & KBS went to the temple HCH looked at some black tablets with white writings on it... what is that?

yes, I know that but I was asking what are those stones? is it some buddhist ritual? why do you write on the stone? what do you write?

thanx for the answer =)

It's wishing tables, you write your wish/prayer on it, and then the tablet is smashed during a ceremony to make the wish come true (at least, if I understood the procedure correctly in 18 vs 29, where the lead characters were doing the same thing at a different temple...)

If I'm not mistaken, those are roof tiles.

Donors will "purchase" the roof tiles or any other tiles which will be used as part of the temple in order to raise funds for the temple. It's sort of like donation to the building and maintenance of the temple.

Then, the donors will usually write their wish, hopes, prayers or simply leave a message and their names on the tiles.

I'm not too sure about what kanshu mentioned and I've never watched 18 vs 29, so I have no idea. But this is what I know from what I saw in the temple in my place.

kim jo yan sshi thanks for all the pictures. Miss them loads.

Guest *alodia*

hello bambam loonies!!

i saw lhyh90's comment from MNIKSS's thread...i actually agree with her (please don't throw rotten things at me for saying this) but i too like LDG and KSA as a couple than HB and KSA...(sorry sis jastinel)

well, just my thoughts for today/tonight..

g'nite bam bam loonies!

Count me in for this... (*shields self from rotten things thrown at me now)

I mean, i love Samsoon and Samshik. Who wouldn't? I've always love them and will always love them. Will be the best couple forever. I love them way way way way more than Cho Hee and Bum Sang (*shields self as more rotten things are being thrown again at me). I get thrilled and excited with all the behind the scenes moments of Hyun Bin and Suna. But I just can't picture them together in real life. And on the realistic side, i think it will be hard for them to be real-life couples, coming out of the samsoon-samshik shadow. PLUS PLUS PLUS... the main factor. the thrill was not "that" high for me, considering that Suna had always been vocal of having an Oppa (boyfriend) at that time.

with LDG and KSA, although i i fancy cho hee and bum sang but not as much as i love samsoon-samshik, i am more thrilled with the real LDG & KSA. maybe it's just bambam madness. or maybe still a slight withdrawal from bambam. but the fact that both admitted they are currently single makes me crazy.

Guest aircastles

I mean, i love Samsoon and Samshik. Who wouldn't? I've always love them and will always love them. Will be the best couple forever. I love them way way way way more than Cho Hee and Bum Sang (*shields self as more rotten things are being thrown again at me). I get thrilled and excited with all the behind the scenes moments of Hyun Bin and Suna. But I just can't picture them together in real life. And on the realistic side, i think it will be hard for them to be real-life couples, coming out of the samsoon-samshik shadow. PLUS PLUS PLUS... the main factor. the thrill was not "that" high for me, considering that Suna had always been vocal of having an Oppa (boyfriend) at that time.

with LDG and KSA, although i i fancy cho hee and bum sang but not as much as i love samsoon-samshik, i am more thrilled with the real LDG & KSA. maybe it's just bambam madness. or maybe still a slight withdrawal from bambam. but the fact that both admitted they are currently single makes me crazy.

^Heh, I also agree on all points. Cho-hee and Bum-sang were cute together, but they can't beat the Sam-soon/Sam-shik couple. Simply put, SS/SS was made of WIN while CH/BS are close but falls short of that mark (no one can deny they have great chemistry, though). However, despite the lack of interactions/BTS/pics of LDG/KSA we see, it's just more easy for me to picture them together as opposed to HB/KSA. Something about the two, seeing them together makes me think "they could be good together". (Not to mention, they look pretty compatible.)

Although, I'm looking forward more to a future project collaboration between LDG/KSA. (Perhaps, after he's done with the army?)

I'm also more thrilled about ldg and ksa!

ksa seems like the kinda person that can withstand/understand ldg's type-A soshim-ness. and i don't know, they two just look good together. lol..

this may be kinda OT, but during ldg's concert yesterday, he sang, as his final/encore perf song , the song that ksa mentioned in good day interview that she really liked "나의바램이저하늘닿기를"...hehe...if only she was there at his concert to enjoy her fav. song from him. :)

Guest aircastles

Thanks for all the pictures!

I'm also more thrilled about ldg and ksa!

ksa seems like the kinda person that can withstand/understand ldg's type-A soshim-ness. and i don't know, they two just look good together. lol..

this may be kinda OT, but during ldg's concert yesterday, he sang, as his final/encore perf song , the song that ksa mentioned in good day interview that she really liked "나의바램이저하늘닿기를"...hehe...if only she was there at his concert to enjoy her fav. song from him. :)

Oh, darn. It would've been nice if all of our fantasies had come true and KSA went to his concert. Oh well. I certainly hope she sees him off before he goes to the military. :P

Well, one can wish, no?

Had to add that I love the icon/avatar. One of my fave pics of LDG/KSA (and like, the only, BTS we see of them together!)

Guest fiona1111

20080823_91823ebfc78b8ab60050g9XFQK.jpg

pic from LDG's concert yesterday. if i'm not mistaken there will be two right? aww i wish i can watch him sing live someday... :D

Guest mead33

good morning/ good evening/ good night all! ha ha, still need to make my morning pilgrimage to this thread! :w00t:

Thanks for the BTS Fiona1111 and Kim Jo Yan! Lady Wang is so cute, ha ha... and we see some of TL Kang's playfulness as well... I like the one with TL Kang and Lady Wang behind the mike... and KSA and Lady Wang together too... :P

*Raises hand excitedly*, I also like the LDG-KSA tandem.... although Samsoon and Samshik is more loveable than HCH-KBS... why can't they just satisfy us a bit and show us more BTS (or at least take more BTS) of LDG-KSA? *getting whiny again* :P

MiHyun, I think there are a few more BTS of the two looking at scripts or the preliminary shooting... but all of them are from the first few episodes...

yuta_rule, what is type-A soshim-ness and OT? How did his concert go? Hope it went well for him... "나의바램이저하늘닿기를" is that a song from his current CD or the ones 10 years ago? Er... possibly that is his most famous song? Ha ha, if it is an obscure song from his past and he sang it.... then.... ha ha ha :P

I guess there is no sighting of KSA at his concert yesterday? ha ha... there is always hope... today he is holding another session... someone should send KSA tickets to fly to Japan!

Guest fiona1111

good morning/ good evening/ good night all! ha ha, still need to make my morning pilgrimage to this thread! :w00t:

Thanks for the BTS Fiona1111 and Kim Jo Yan! Lady Wang is so cute, ha ha... and we see some of TL Kang's playfulness as well... I like the one with TL Kang and Lady Wang behind the mike... and KSA and Lady Wang together too... :P

*Raises hand excitedly*, I also like the LDG-KSA tandem.... although Samsoon and Samshik is more loveable than HCH-KBS... why can't they just satisfy us a bit and show us more BTS (or at least take more BTS) of LDG-KSA? *getting whiny again* :P

MiHyun, I think there are a few more BTS of the two looking at scripts or the preliminary shooting... but all of them are from the first few episodes...

yuta_rule, what is type-A soshim-ness and OT? How did his concert go? Hope it went well for him... "나의바램이저하늘닿기를" is that a song from his current CD or the ones 10 years ago? Er... possibly that is his most famous song? Ha ha, if it is an obscure song from his past and he sang it.... then.... ha ha ha :P

I guess there is no sighting of KSA at his concert yesterday? ha ha... there is always hope... today he is holding another session... someone should send KSA tickets to fly to Japan!

jastinel just sent me the link to the MV that Suna posted in foreversuna and i can't help but wish that LDG and KSA would get together in real life. :D

let's all chip in and buy some tickets for Suna! :lol:

Guest aircastles

Yeah, there's a few others but still too few! And I'm not sure if this is right (yuta_rule may know this better), but Type-A personalities tend to be perfectionists, impatient, shy/sensitive, and the like. At least that's what I think...

jastinel just sent me the link to the MV that Suna posted in foreversuna and i can't help but wish that LDG and KSA would get together in real life. :D

let's all chip in and buy some tickets for Suna! :lol:

We should! :P But then again, wouldn't we like it better if LDG sends the tickets himself? haha.

Guest fiona1111

We should! :P But then again, wouldn't we like it better if LDG sends the tickets himself? haha.

:lol: yeah that would be better. he should, along with some flowers. :D :D :lol:

Guest fiona1111

i have caps from Suna's MV, but i'm not sure if i can post them. If anyone wants them, just PM me okay? :D :D

i'll be logging off now. bye bambam addicts! :D :D

Guest ilikeldg

with LDG and KSA, although i i fancy cho hee and bum sang but not as much as i love samsoon-samshik, i am more thrilled with the real LDG & KSA. maybe it's just bambam madness. or maybe still a slight withdrawal from bambam. but the fact that both admitted they are currently single makes me crazy.[/

********************************************************************************

Maybe because we did not see much of their behind the scene of KSA/LDG...I think they look great together...

Guest ilikeldg
20080823_91823ebfc78b8ab60050g9XFQK.jpg

pic from LDG's concert yesterday. if i'm not mistaken there will be two right? aww i wish i can watch him sing live someday... :D

I wish I was there.................Thanks for the POST....It is much appreciated.!!!!231 :)

Guest jastinel

I`m happy to see everybody are always present here.

Everybody should see the MV that Suna made, just pass the link through PM,

I will give the credit of the link to Alodia.

I`m starting to like LDG for Suna, but I don`t think they will end up more than friends...sorry it`s just my opinion.

Better if they will stay close friend after WIAN. TL kang, obviously is much closer to Suna. We see photos of them together and they can play around while the camera is not rolling, but with LDG, his very aloof with Suna, I notice that during the press con.

Does anybody have a copy of that song (fave of Suna)?

Archived