[drama 2008] When It's At Night 밤이면 밤마다

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest yesitskate

you know what i really like about this drama? the characters don't hide the fact that they care.

esp. HCH, and i love her for that. she's not gonna pretend like she doesn't care about KBS, if she's worried, she says so.

and KBS, he shows her that he cares but doesn't spill his feelings everwhere (very manly :) )

if he did, she'd be freaked out and it would just be bad.

aww... i love the characters in this drama.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yesitskate

WARNING: SPOILERS. entire rain hugging scene with HCH and KBS translation.

2. Can a nice person tell me(us) what was the conversation between KBS and HCH at the rain scene.?

well she was calling him..

BS: yes.

CH: hey! are you far?

BS: (standing behind her). yeah im really far. i'll be there in like 30 minutes.

CH: 30 minutes?! did i come out too early? anyways, i'll be waiting so come quickly.

BS: i told you to stay in your room/hospital (?) but you came out again.

CH: just.. its too stuffy(?) to stay in my room. and it's raining really hard and you don't have an umbrella.

BS: so.. what if i get a little wet? (literal translation: so.. what if i get hit by some rain?)

CH: you said you can't see girls getting wet [by the rain]. i cant see guys getting wet. why? (rhetorical question, more like "so what?").

BS: (literal translation: is something like "so thats what you were", but it means something like "oh, thats why")

CH: but you know.. why were you acting like that [earlier today]? did something happen?

BS: no, nothing happened.

CH: liar. then why were you so mad?

BS: hangs up*

CH: hello? hello? what is this?

BS: *hugs CH

CH: BS, what are you doing? let go.

BS: i dont want to. im not going to let you go.

HUG

CH: what are you doing?

BS: your lover hugs you and you get that surprised?

CH: you know.. you're really weird today

BS: i know.. it's not that something happened, you know im not well these days. just understand me. (sounds awkward in english). and you waiting in the rain for me.. i'm really grateful (to the point of being overwhelmed), thiiis much (holds up finger). i'll leave now.

CH: hey.. umbrella!

*KBS walks away.

Guest hjkomo
The love triangle - still cannot imagine what HC is getting at. She's worried about KBS and

at the same she's taking that "dating" issue to try to ward off TL Kang. Haha - she even calls

KBS her bf. What is she up to?

CH wanted to make TL Kang feel a little more at ease. She knows it's uncomfortable and burdensome for him because she confessed her feelings for him and also got injured in his stead.

TL Kang was initially skeptical when BS announced that he and CH were dating. But, now that he's seen them hugging, and CH admitted BS was her boyfriend, he's starting to buy the couple.

JH didn't explain to TL Kang very well, what CH had said to her about being envious of her kind-hearted love for BS and that they might break up soon (so, TL Kang won't get any clues from there).

On a different note, according to CH's dad's friend, the latest artifact that appeared at the Cultural Heritage Center was not stolen by her dad. Was it returned by CH's dad anyways, or could it be part of Jang and Kim Sang's plan to foil BS? :unsure:

Guest *alodia*

i'm always quiet here... because i haven't backtracked yet... but i think i will love this episode (still downloading)... i love cho hee's looks when she went back to her office! i'm so happy....

now i'm thinking w/c episode to time. i'll be doing 6 and 7 definitely - so far my favorites (i like 5 too, but someone will take care of that already and i like 6 and 7 more than 5 anyway)

i like 8 a bit, but not that much

i think i will like 9 and probably 10 too...

bambamers! fighting! even though ratings are going down.... fighting still!

don't know if this was already posted....

ENGLISH SUBBED PREVIEW OF EP1 from MBC GLOBAL

I'm just curious how they translated it. ^^*

Guest kanshu

Ah, so many pictures in the morning! :D

Thanks, luv and mzpakipot! :)

About the rain scene... I understand why he was so emotional to even hug her.

Basically, this was his "good bye" to her. The next day at the museum, he showed up with his resignation written; he fully expected the big boss to sack him, and he wanted to save whatever was left of his dignity and reoutation by leaving first/quitting. If word got around that he'd be fired from both the TV show and the museum, he could kiss any other job good bye, but like this, even if he had no more chance on working in Korea ever again, he can at least use his reputation to start again working abroad... Perhaps, he hopes that by fleeing, he'll have the attention shifted for revenge getting fully to him?

So no wonder he drank with his friend, and no wonder he was overwhelmed when HCH was standing outside in the rain - he knew she was not just risking a cold, but risking worse because of White Suit Guy. Searching for just a little bit of human warmth (something alcohol can't buy you, no matter how much you pour into your system), knowing what he was about to do... in how much pain and worry must he have been that moment?

As for the ratings... Sad. But I guess theyll drop even further now that the love story in Gourmet has finally taken off. Let's hope that word gets around that WIAN is back on track and has everything a show should have (except for enough viewers amongs the "chosen few" :huh: ).

hi kanshu :)

yes i thot the exact same thing as you when i see that the next day he gave his R letter, he must have thot during the rain scene: 'i might never see her again' :tears:

but what led to KBS taking back his R letter? :blink:

can any kind soul translate that part? :sweatingbullets:

Guest mead33

hihi, this is what I understand:

he thought that he was going to be fired from his job at the meusuem since he was already fired at the tv station and the university. That is why he had the resignation letter ready. But when he realized that the senator (dunno what his exact position) just wanted him to look at his writing, he immediately took back his resignation letter... after that he was also puzzled why CEO Jang did not take him off his job at the meuseum... it seems that CEO Jang is gonna get back through CH rather than directly at KBS...

P.S. hopefully the format of the post is correct...

Guest kanshu
hi kanshu :)

yes i thot the exact same thing as you when i see that the next day he gave his R letter, he must have thot during the rain scene: 'i might never see her again' :tears:

but what led to KBS taking back his R letter? :blink:

can any kind soul translate that part? :sweatingbullets:

dirfree translated that in the summary two pages ago,

the museum's director called him to his office, and KBs fully expected to get sacked, so before the director could say his thing, he put his resignation on the table. The director guy was shocked and surprised, (I think that KBs asked him if that wasn't why he had been summoned, but I'm not sure), then explained to KBS that no, he didn't wish him to resign, but there was some artefact that he should look at. But of course, if he wanted to resign (at which point the director reaches to pocket the resignation, but KBS quickly takes it back)...

I don't now if that director guy is involved in the grand plan; but unless he belongs to a faction that is opposed to White Suit Guy, it's only a matter of time until both HCH and KBS will be out of a job. (BTW, I thought that director guy's performance much better this time. The first few times he was around was just very awkward, but this time the actor did a pretty good job).

About the rain scene... I understand why he was so emotional to even hug her. Basically, this was his "good bye" to her. The next day at the museum, he showed up with his resignation written; he fully expected the big boss to sack him, and he wanted to save whatever was left of his dignity and reoutation by leaving first/quitting

Thanks, kanshu. So, that was supposed to be a"goodbye" hug. So sweet of him to say that

he will not want to let go. Poor KBS. He sure is a very dejected guy - lost his job at the TV

station, lost his credibility to that White Suit Guy and now he's about to loss the girl he's gotten

some feelings for. That's life, right, if you do not walk the right path?

But CH knows about KBS's activities and I guess that's why she was so anxious to know why

TL Kang wanted a word with him. She's showing concern for him now. Guess, their love story

will begin in the next episode.

What I would like to see too - the TV programme flopped as the audience wish to see KBS and he's

been offered the job back ....... possible????

Guest kanshu
hihi, this is what I understand:

he thought that he was going to be fired from his job at the meusuem since he was already fired at the tv station and the university. That is why he had the resignation letter ready. But when he realized that the senator (dunno what his exact position) just wanted him to look at his writing, he immediately took back his resignation letter... after that he was also puzzled why CEO Jang did not take him off his job at the meuseum... it seems that CEO Jang is gonna get back through CH rather than directly at KBS...

P.S. hopefully the format of the post is correct...

Nicely summed up, mead33. :)

But since you ask about format... I'm in no position to tell you what to do, but may I ask you to please use spoiler tags to mask things that aren't general or knows from the previous episode? There are a lot of people who haven't watched the episode yet, and who'll get spoiler otherwise, and using the tags will prevent them from being spoiled unless the chose to "unmask" the entry. :) Thank you kindly! :)

Basically, this was his "good bye" to her. The next day at the museum, he showed up with his resignation written; he fully expected the big boss to sack him, and he wanted to save whatever was left of his dignity and reoutation by leaving first/quitting

Thanks, kanshu. So, that was supposed to be a"goodbye" hug. So sweet of him to say that

he will not want to let go. Poor KBS. He sure is a very dejected guy - lost his job at the TV

station, lost his credibility to that White Suit Guy and now he's about to loss the girl he's gotten

some feelings for.

That's life, right, if you do not walk the right path?

But CH knows about KBS's activities and I guess that's why she was so anxious to know why

TL Kang wanted a word with him. She's showing concern for him now. Guess, their love story

will begin in the next episode.

What I would like to see too - the TV programme flopped as the audience wish to see KBS and he's

been offered the job back ....... possible????

Well...

he's leaving behind HCH, that much is for sure... and by leaving, he knows she'd sooner or later turn to Tl Kang, since KBS thinks that she hasn't any real interest in him anyway, and perhaps he even thinks that TL Kang might be better able to protect her... he's not stupid, he has seen the look that Kang gives to HCH, and since he's a guy, too, he doesn't complicate Kang's action with point- and baseless assumtions like the one that HCH (as a female) throws into the deal. A guy who's feeling guilty wouldn't act like TL Kang does, KBS knows that perfectly well.

But still, if KBS plan really was to leave the country, he'd leave HCH to her own fate. She had made enemies before; wnow that the Suit Guy has red flagged her, she's fair game...

so is KBS really selfless, or is he just trying to cut his losses, save his own butt, and leave HCH standing in the rain (with TL Kang as her umbrella, but still)...?

As for the show, yes, that would be a possible soltion after all, KBS has his many fans (even little brother is one). But I wonder what will happen once Suit Guy turns KBS reputation into smoldering ruins...

Wow, that White Suit Guy is that powerful? He can ruin KBS that easily? But

KBS is somewhat a "national hero" now, right? Maybe someone can save him.

Ya, having read what you've written - boy, poor CH. Will he leave her alone to

face the wrath of the White Suit Guy? Is KBS that heartless?

But look what happened - when he took back his resignation letter, he's like

normal. Well, maybe that's KBS. Am waiting to see that episode again with

Chinese subtitles. Hope it's out soon.

Guest yesitskate

hey everyone! i made another mv starring our favorite kim sun ah, lee dong gun, and... hyun bin!

its a samsoon/everynight fusion. :D to the song "im so in love with two" by mikaila. i was thinking "unfaithful" but this ones more fun n___n

kim sun ah lee dong gun hyunbin mv.

comments are welcome

Well...

he's leaving behind HCH, that much is for sure... and by leaving, he knows she'd sooner or later turn to Tl Kang, since KBS thinks that she hasn't any real interest in him anyway, and perhaps he even thinks that TL Kang might be better able to protect her... he's not stupid, he has seen the look that Kang gives to HCH, and since he's a guy, too, he doesn't complicate Kang's action with point- and baseless assumtions like the one that HCH (as a female) throws into the deal. A guy who's feeling guilty wouldn't act like TL Kang does, KBS knows that perfectly well.

But still, if KBS plan really was to leave the country, he'd leave HCH to her own fate. She had made enemies before; wnow that the Suit Guy has red flagged her, she's fair game...

so is KBS really selfless, or is he just trying to cut his losses, save his own butt, and leave HCH standing in the rain (with TL Kang as her umbrella, but still)...?

As for the show, yes, that would be a possible soltion after all, KBS has his many fans (even little brother is one). But I wonder what will happen once Suit Guy turns KBS reputation into smoldering ruins...

wow! you're way ahead of analysing the scene. it's possible that KBS will leave her alone and let TL Kang pursue his feelings towards HCH. That will be an interesting ending for this drama. I doubt it though, KBS has already fall in love with her he'll probably give a good fight with TL Kang and he's going to do anything to make her fall for him too.

If you mean leaving HCH and the rest of the team/work/tv? yeah, he is selfish in doing so just to be in a safe side. If that happens, he's definitely gonna get it from HCH and from the gang.

i think KBS is already ruin anyways, and he knows it. If the White suit guy expose KBS, he would ruin himself too. He's the main schemer.

Guest yesitskate
Lovely mvd, yesitskate. Thanks for sharing. You must have spent

much time doing this, right? Real lovely and the music too is well

chosen.

thank you!! this makes me happy. :)

i spent all my freetime today on this. i actually forgot to eat.

which is a first. but it was fun.

KBS's grandma!! wohoo!! KBS brought HCH to meet his grandparents!

awwwww.....it's a sign! lol

AWWWWW. that is SOO CUTE. could this be.. the start of something?

n____n

Archived